RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

hyhuu

Oct 5, 2012, 3:22 PM
Post #1 of 4 (5019 views)
Shortcut

Big Wall/Aid Climbing - Oh the insanity
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

After my first top roping, I thought that was fun and I couldn't wait to do it again. After my first trad lead, I thought that was a bit stressful but it was so much fun and I couldn't wait to do it again. After my first alpine climb ... well you got the drift.

Then a couple weeks ago I got a taste of Big Wall/Aid Climbing and I thought WHERE WAS THE FUN? and ... yet I couldn't wait to do it again. Oh the insanity!! What the hell is wrong with me and what the hell is wrong with all of you people? My wife is going to kill me once she finds out that I got sucked into Big Wall climbing.

potreroed

Oct 5, 2012, 4:16 PM
Post #2 of 4 (5004 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hyhuu] Big Wall/Aid Climbing - Oh the insanity [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Welcome to the club. There is nothing as exciting in climbing as steeping into your top step while hanging off your tiniest hook.

moose_droppings

Oct 5, 2012, 11:08 PM
Post #3 of 4 (4939 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hyhuu] Big Wall/Aid Climbing - Oh the insanity [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hyhuu wrote:
After my first top roping, I thought that was fun and I couldn't wait to do it again. After my first trad lead, I thought that was a bit stressful but it was so much fun and I couldn't wait to do it again. After my first alpine climb ... well you got the drift.

Then a couple weeks ago I got a taste of Big Wall/Aid Climbing and I thought WHERE WAS THE FUN? and ... yet I couldn't wait to do it again. Oh the insanity!! What the hell is wrong with me and what the hell is wrong with all of you people? My wife is going to kill me once she finds out that I got sucked into Big Wall climbing.

Big Wall/Aid Climbing = suffering = fun.

Yer gonna die!!!111

guangzhou

Oct 6, 2012, 2:41 AM
Post #4 of 4 (4907 views)
Shortcut

Re: [potreroed] Big Wall/Aid Climbing - Oh the insanity [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

potreroed wrote:
Welcome to the club. There is nothing as exciting in climbing as steeping into your top step while hanging off your tiniest hook.

Stepping on tiny little edges 30 or 40 feet from your last peanut of stacked RPs while doing a first ascents comes to mind for me.

While I enjoy aid climbing, I prefer free climbing any day. When I do ground up ascents and had to aid a pitch for what ever reason, I can't wait to go back and work on the free ascent.

Even when aiding, I am against the use of pitons.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook