Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3749 3750 3751 3752 3753 3754 3755 3756 3757 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

dr_feelgood

Oct 9, 2012, 12:35 AM
Post #93801 of 105309 (7678 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

still trying to secure this ptftw...

dr_feelgood

Oct 9, 2012, 12:36 AM
Post #93802 of 105309 (7677 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

whoo!

dr_feelgood

Oct 9, 2012, 12:36 AM
Post #93803 of 105309 (7676 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SP

snoopy138

Oct 9, 2012, 1:42 AM
Post #93804 of 105309 (7673 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Went to the valley. Did the New Dimensions and the Freeblast. good times.

nice. how was the freeblast?

caughtinside

Oct 9, 2012, 3:42 PM
Post #93805 of 105309 (7661 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Pretty cool. THe cruxes are all slab which isn't awesome but I had the other surly Will for that. He took a nice fall on an upward driven pin with a fully cracked eye at the crux. Exciting! He did the route with two falls, but freed every move. I did the frogblast and pulled through in a couple spots.

Rapping those fixed ropes was a shade dodgy. I probably had to pass 6 knots that were tied out core shots.

There were a few hanging belays that hammered my kidneys and put my legs to sleep a couple times. Had to backpack the tag line when the 30+mph winds had it blowing totally sideways.

snoopy138

Oct 9, 2012, 3:45 PM
Post #93806 of 105309 (7657 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Pretty cool. THe cruxes are all slab which isn't awesome but I had the other surly Will for that. He took a nice fall on an upward driven pin with a fully cracked eye at the crux. Exciting! He did the route with two falls, but freed every move. I did the frogblast and pulled through in a couple spots.

the other surly Will being Will S?

Was he trying to get you to belay him while he worked the rest of the Freedrider?

caughtinside

Oct 9, 2012, 4:26 PM
Post #93807 of 105309 (7650 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Was he trying to get you to belay him while he worked the rest of the Freedrider?

Yeah, that Will.

Nah, his plan is to work the cruxes on the mini trax. I think he may have someone lined up in like a week to try the middle part of the route, and maybe try leading the upper cruxes if they feel reasonable after some work.

I was just the warmup guy.

snoopy138

Oct 9, 2012, 6:15 PM
Post #93808 of 105309 (7633 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Yeah, that Will.

Nah, his plan is to work the cruxes on the mini trax. I think he may have someone lined up in like a week to try the middle part of the route, and maybe try leading the upper cruxes if they feel reasonable after some work.

the fluffer.

caughtinside

Oct 9, 2012, 7:58 PM
Post #93809 of 105309 (7625 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Yeah, that Will.

the fluffer.

Yeah. I did lead a stack of five ten though. And it was nice to finally finish the New D. That thing is a ton of physical work in an acute corner for a 5 star classic.

Oh yeah, funny story. We walk up saturday morning to the blast. There is a party of 3 just starting up. A party of two behind them. and us. We look up. Hanging at the first belay... is an aid party. They aided and hauled the whole freeblast. We went and did the New D. Came back Sunday am, climbed the route and caught up to them on Mammoth ledges.

tripperjm

Oct 9, 2012, 8:37 PM
Post #93810 of 105309 (7622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Yeah, that Will.

the fluffer.

Yeah. I did lead a stack of five ten though. And it was nice to finally finish the New D. That thing is a ton of physical work in an acute corner for a 5 star classic.

Oh yeah, funny story. We walk up saturday morning to the blast. There is a party of 3 just starting up. A party of two behind them. and us. We look up. Hanging at the first belay... is an aid party. They aided and hauled the whole freeblast. We went and did the New D. Came back Sunday am, climbed the route and caught up to them on Mammoth ledges.

heh...

30 years ago... or so, when I first did teh Salathe, we didn't fix, cum down and then haul. We just hiked teh bags in and then blasted. Made it to mammoth with teh bags, hauling teh free blast, bivied and continued teh next day.

There were no fixed lines back then and we didn't have anybody to grab teh ropes we wood have had to drop... and we didn't wunt to have to hike back up, to jug and retrive them after we finished teh wall..... and teh free blast wusn't really a popular free climb, like it is theses dayz. didn't seem that bad. Course we were young, dumb and strong back then.

caughtinside

Oct 9, 2012, 9:26 PM
Post #93811 of 105309 (7614 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Yeah, that Will.

the fluffer.

heh...

30 years ago... or so, when I first did teh Salathe, we didn't fix, cum down and then haul. We just hiked teh bags in and then blasted. Made it to mammoth with teh bags, hauling teh free blast, bivied and continued teh next day.

There were no fixed lines back then and we didn't have anybody to grab teh ropes we wood have had to drop... and we didn't wunt to have to hike back up, to jug and retrive them after we finished teh wall..... and teh free blast wusn't really a popular free climb, like it is theses dayz. didn't seem that bad. Course we were young, dumb and strong back then.

Well that is a pretty good pace. These guys bivied on triangle ledge and made mammoth ledges day 2.

THey were having all sorts of shenanigans trying to flip the haul line out of the Half Dollar to haul up around that thing.

Oh yes, I just red on the facespace that the party I could see up high on the freerider was kamhe'ds buddy krushner. word is he zent.

drivel

Oct 9, 2012, 9:31 PM
Post #93812 of 105309 (7611 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Yeah, that Will.

the fluffer.

heh...

Well that is a pretty good pace. These guys bivied on triangle ledge and made mammoth ledges day 2.

THey were having all sorts of shenanigans trying to flip the haul line out of the Half Dollar to haul up around that thing.

Oh yes, I just red on the facespace that the party I could see up high on the freerider was kamhe'ds buddy krushner. word is he zent.

krushner is pretty epic. i read his blorg.

tripperjm

Oct 9, 2012, 10:36 PM
Post #93813 of 105309 (7600 views)
Shortcut

Kids these dayz.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

heh...

Well, back in teh 90's, when I was busy 'single handedly distroying rock climbing in america'... naively thinking that I had left, nothing left to be distroyed... I wus rong.

Awlways figured it wood be sum washed up tradie, back to relive his past a-1 dreams, that wood be unhappy about teh hole.... again, I wus rong.

Seems, sum pebble wrestling loser, thinking he is teh second cumming of JB, is awl up in my ass trying to give me a shitty hand jorb.... turns owt, he doesn't like teh hole.

Has a lot to say to everywon about it, but sadly lacks teh self respect or courage to just walk up to me and say it to my fase. Kid's got sum talent though.... he kin simuitaneously spray hisself down and diss me in teh same breath.... kinda brought a tear to my eye, reminded me of a young trapper jim.

So my buddy is telling me teh story down in teh hole. Said teh loser wus really pissing him oft and he wunted to knock teh gays hed oft.... but his girl woodn't let him.... I just had to laugh.

My friend, who was obviously still steaming mad, snaps 'What teh fuk are you laughing at?' So I said, look I noes yore still pissed, but there is know reason to defend me or teh hole. This ain't my first rodeo, I kin take teh heat. And try to remember what we are trying to accomplish.... discouraging losers from cumming down hear. A lot ov people have heard about the place and teh more bad pr we get teh less people we'll see hear. Still, who you gunna believe, sum wanta bee who has never climbed here or awl teh strongest guys in sokat that train here? Sides, this war is just getting started, you may still gets teh chance to knock this losers hed oft.

Seriously though, I thought the hole gud roc vs shitty ass choss dramaz wus settled 20 years ago? Sides, Who wood have thought any self respecting bolder, wood give a rats ass whut sum washed up old man wus chuffing, down in a gaffitti covered, trash strewn. chossy shit hole? Kids theses dayz.

carabiner96

Oct 9, 2012, 11:40 PM
Post #93814 of 105309 (7593 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] Kids these dayz.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So, is it gross to move the toilet brush and plunger, or are those things that you toss in the dumpster and buy new when you move?

snoopy138

Oct 10, 2012, 12:07 AM
Post #93815 of 105309 (7589 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Yeah, that Will.

the fluffer.

It seems like there are all sorts of gud rowts in yosemite that I should get around to at some point.

snoopy138

Oct 10, 2012, 12:09 AM
Post #93816 of 105309 (7587 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] Kids these dayz.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
So, is it gross to move the toilet brush and plunger, or are those things that you toss in the dumpster and buy new when you move?

we're trying to tawk abowt climbing hear.

Partner camhead

Oct 10, 2012, 1:00 AM
Post #93817 of 105309 (7579 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] Kids these dayz.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

Yes. This is more climbing tawk than has been in the thread in weeks, & you have to bring up moving tawk? Oh and throw them away.

Partner epoch

Oct 10, 2012, 1:41 AM
Post #93818 of 105309 (7574 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] Kids these dayz.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Throw them away.

Partner epoch

Oct 10, 2012, 1:42 AM
Post #93819 of 105309 (7573 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Kids these dayz.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Crap

Partner epoch

Oct 10, 2012, 1:54 AM
Post #93820 of 105309 (7571 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Kids these dayz.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

[*garden tawlk]

Raided the garden tonight. The takings were a small football sized eggplant, a bell pepper, some onion, a cucumber, and kale. One of the guys at work has a passion fruit tree and gladly shared today.

I came home with 6 fruits. I took three and blended it with olive oil, vinegar, added some lemon, and some finely chopped dried cranberries to make a stellar vinaigrette.

The onion, pepper, and kale went into a pan with some olive oil and I added some tofu to the mix before seasoning with 1/2 lemon, some pepper, and a small pinch of salt.

Took and chopped the tomatoes up and added them, the cucumber, onion, and some mozzarella cheese that we made yesterday and poured the vinaigrette over it.

Holy crap, it's sensational!

Paired it with a nice Reisling.

[/garden tawlk]

get rid of the toilet brush.

lena_chita

Oct 10, 2012, 2:17 AM
Post #93821 of 105309 (7569 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] Kids these dayz.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

Yes. This is more climbing tawk than has been in the thread in weeks, & you have to bring up moving tawk? Oh and throw them away.

American consumerist!!!! Some kid in China got lung cancer making that toilet brush!!! Disposable society!!! Feminazis!!!! (just because I've been dying to use that word, and it IS very 'real American" to use it)

snoopy138

Oct 10, 2012, 2:40 AM
Post #93822 of 105309 (7567 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

not just that, but interesting climbing tawk about yosemite rowtz and jak's ranting.

climbs4fun

Oct 10, 2012, 3:43 AM
Post #93823 of 105309 (7560 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] Kids these dayz.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I had to werk this weekend. Oh wait... I do that every weekend. Every day actually. Unsure

dr_feelgood

Oct 10, 2012, 4:11 AM
Post #93824 of 105309 (7544 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

Durp. Buy them cheap, throw them away. Capitalism is good for something.

caughtinside

Oct 10, 2012, 5:40 AM
Post #93825 of 105309 (7541 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Yeah, that Will.

the fluffer.

It seems like there are all sorts of gud rowts in yosemite that I should get around to at some point.

derp. I should really go there more. THe extra hour in the car, plus no terrier, plus shitty camping, plus bear boxes... ugh. The climbing rules though.

Plus the hanta has everyone running skeered. Will was saying he was there labor day weekend and it was super mellow.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3749 3750 3751 3752 3753 3754 3755 3756 3757 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook