RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

larwood91

Oct 10, 2012, 2:49 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1706 views)
Shortcut

Reimers Ranch trip
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey yall. My buddy and I are planning on taking a trip from NW Arkansas to Texas to do some sport climbing next weekend. Was originally planning on E-Rock but from what I've read it seems like mostly trad so we decided to go to Reimers instead. Anyone have much experience there?

Do they have guidebooks there? I know there's no camping at the ranch, what are the best/cheapest places to camp?

Any info appreciated- thanks!

justroberto

Oct 16, 2012, 12:52 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1664 views)
Shortcut

Re: [larwood91] Reimers Ranch trip [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

No guidebooks at the park (last I checked) - pick one up at the Whole Earth Provision or REI in Austin. They may have them at the Backwoods on 71 on the way out there, as well. Camping options are severely limited - Pace Bend or McKinney Falls are going to be your best bets.

rob

larwood91

Oct 16, 2012, 3:49 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1657 views)
Shortcut

Re: [justroberto] Reimers Ranch trip [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the reply. We went this weekend. You're right, the book isn't available at the park- We went ahead and winged it and talked to some locals for info. Turned out to be a great day, much different climbing than we're used to. Beautiful scenery, river was nice and cool for a good afternoon cool off. Seems the park officials at Pace Bend left before sun down so we didn't get a camping spot and just decided to bail and start driving back to DFW. That aside- great day, great climbing, great people.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook