Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

erisspirit

Oct 10, 2012, 4:23 PM
Post #38626 of 45342 (5005 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
[*garden tawlk]

Raided the garden tonight. The takings were a small football sized eggplant, a bell pepper, some onion, a cucumber, and kale. One of the guys at work has a passion fruit tree and gladly shared today.

I came home with 6 fruits. I took three and blended it with olive oil, vinegar, added some lemon, and some finely chopped dried cranberries to make a stellar vinaigrette.

The onion, pepper, and kale went into a pan with some olive oil and I added some tofu to the mix before seasoning with 1/2 lemon, some pepper, and a small pinch of salt.

Took and chopped the tomatoes up and added them, the cucumber, onion, and some mozzarella cheese that we made yesterday and poured the vinaigrette over it.

Holy crap, it's sensational!

Paired it with a nice Riesling.

[/garden tawlk]

hippy

I need to go shopping

donald949

Oct 10, 2012, 4:25 PM
Post #38627 of 45342 (5005 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
[*garden tawlk]

Raided the garden tonight. The takings were a small football sized eggplant, a bell pepper, some onion, a cucumber, and kale. One of the guys at work has a passion fruit tree and gladly shared today.

I came home with 6 fruits. I took three and blended it with olive oil, vinegar, added some lemon, and some finely chopped dried cranberries to make a stellar vinaigrette.

The onion, pepper, and kale went into a pan with some olive oil and I added some tofu to the mix before seasoning with 1/2 lemon, some pepper, and a small pinch of salt.

Took and chopped the tomatoes up and added them, the cucumber, onion, and some mozzarella cheese that we made yesterday and poured the vinaigrette over it.

[/garden tawlk]
INRT

Gmburns2000

Oct 11, 2012, 4:40 PM
Post #38628 of 45342 (4996 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

battling a mild flu and stomach virus today. ugh.

thank god no classes today. rain today, too. staying inside. been fucking around on the computer due to a lack of energy.

bah

erisspirit

Oct 11, 2012, 5:35 PM
Post #38629 of 45342 (4993 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

went the le gym yesterday. did a few climbs in my skill range, then totally flail fested on some climb that was way too hard for me...

I need more practice

Partner epoch

Oct 12, 2012, 1:21 AM
Post #38630 of 45342 (4975 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
[*garden tawlk]

[/garden tawlk]

hippy

actually, take out a couple of those and it sounds pretty good.

passion fruit (maracujá) is also really freaking good with salmon. maracujá is about as common here as hamburgers are in the U.S.
No... keep it all in there! It's fuckin yummy.

Made another rendition of the salad last night with some more tomatoes from the plant, dwarf Basil from the garden, and the other half of the cucumber. Used the rest of the dressing. *******FUCK YEAH!!!!!********

Don't know what I'm going to do tonight, though. The other eggplants aren't big enough yet and the tomatoes need another day or two... Thinking of......

That's it!!! Gnocchi...

Gmburns2000

Oct 12, 2012, 12:42 PM
Post #38631 of 45342 (4961 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
[*garden tawlk]

[/garden tawlk]

hippy

actually, take out a couple of those and it sounds pretty good.

passion fruit (maracujá) is also really freaking good with salmon. maracujá is about as common here as hamburgers are in the U.S.
No... keep it all in there! It's fuckin yummy.

Made another rendition of the salad last night with some more tomatoes from the plant, dwarf Basil from the garden, and the other half of the cucumber. Used the rest of the dressing. *******FUCK YEAH!!!!!********

Don't know what I'm going to do tonight, though. The other eggplants aren't big enough yet and the tomatoes need another day or two... Thinking of......

That's it!!! Gnocchi...

eggplant gives me problems, so I'd take that out, but yeah, sounds yummy.

btw - thanks for the endorsement

Gmburns2000

Oct 12, 2012, 1:39 PM
Post #38632 of 45342 (4957 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

1/2 of all people under 25 in spain are unemployed.

erisspirit

Oct 12, 2012, 10:59 PM
Post #38633 of 45342 (4948 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ooooo in a few weeks they are putting up some crazy obstacle course with lots of rings and hanging bars and stuff...

reminds me of an easier ninja warrior

I'm being sent in as a guinea pig... I better work on my hang strength and monkey bar skillz so I don't embarass myself

Gmburns2000

Oct 12, 2012, 11:39 PM
Post #38634 of 45342 (4946 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
Ooooo in a few weeks they are putting up some crazy obstacle course with lots of rings and hanging bars and stuff...

I'm being sent in as a guinea pig... I better work on my hang strength and monkey bar skillz so I don't embarass myself

Go watch the training scene in Stripes for inspiration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di7hwUVWeE0

Gmburns2000

Oct 12, 2012, 11:44 PM
Post #38635 of 45342 (4945 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:

same thing, but slightly better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vyjgTRNJKI

Gmburns2000

Oct 12, 2012, 11:44 PM
Post #38636 of 45342 (4944 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:

same thing, but slightly better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vyjgTRNJKI

of course, there's something "seriously wrong with us" never hurts a prep talk speach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjlw4Edt-e8

notapplicable

Oct 13, 2012, 5:53 AM
Post #38637 of 45342 (4930 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
went up Whitney! it wuz fun...

the bf's dad and friend we brought up there gave me a gift cert to rei for not killing anyone a thank you.

the BF and I had our 3rd year date-aversary

he got older

I drank wine

I still haven't posted truck pics

I think that gets me all caught up

except for that marathon Im running next sunday Crazy
very good, except the non post of the pictures thing.
Which raises a question.
Aren't your knees toast and how are you going to run a marathon after the mammoth hike.
geez, young kids these daze.

Went hiking the other day and both knees and the right hip hurt a little the next day...

notapplicable

Oct 13, 2012, 5:54 AM
Post #38638 of 45342 (4929 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
went up Whitney! it wuz fun...

the bf's dad and friend we brought up there gave me a gift cert to rei for not killing anyone a thank you.

the BF and I had our 3rd year date-aversary

he got older

I drank wine

I still haven't posted truck pics

I think that gets me all caught up

except for that marathon Im running next sunday Crazy
very good, except the non post of the pictures thing.
Which raises a question.
Aren't your knees toast and how are you going to run a marathon after the mammoth hike.
geez, young kids these daze.

Went hiking the other day and both knees and the right hip hurt a little the next day...

I think that officially means I don't qualify as a "kid" by anyones standards. Those days are officially gone.

notapplicable

Oct 13, 2012, 5:56 AM
Post #38639 of 45342 (4928 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

"epoch wrote:

Holy fuck that sounds good.

notapplicable

Oct 13, 2012, 6:03 AM
Post #38640 of 45342 (4927 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Still injured. I'm reduced to hiking and camping to occupy my weekends.

It's a sad state of affairs when what used to just be a 'means to an end' has become the end in itself.

notapplicable

Oct 13, 2012, 6:41 AM
Post #38641 of 45342 (4926 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:

It's a sad state of affairs when what used to just be a 'means to an end' has become the end in itself.

I am officially rejecting the doctors diagnosis of "nerve trauma" as the principle injury. There may be nerve involvement but the more reading I do, the more it sounds like a ulnar collateral ligament injury.

Gmburns2000

Oct 13, 2012, 1:23 PM
Post #38642 of 45342 (4912 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

I am officially rejecting the doctors diagnosis of "nerve trauma" as the principle injury. There may be nerve involvement but the more reading I do, the more it sounds like a ulnar collateral ligament injury.

Tommy John surgery. If you have it, you come back stronger!

I've suffered from an ulnar nerve injury for years. Can't throw a baseball more than a few times without my hand hurting in the area on my palm around the thumb. My baseball playing days were over by the time the injury became serious enough to affect me, but it ended my whiffle ball career for sure. I was fucking good, too.

Doesn't affect my climbing much, though. Don't know, maybe I'm not that great at slopers? Actually, I'm not that great at pinches sometimes because that does hurt if my hand doesn't fit around the hold the right way. I've never gotten the nerve treated beyond an initial treatment in college. Not necessary for normal life. Not sure what the treatment is like (ultrasounds didn't work). From what I hear though, the right fix isn't worth it for normal people (something similar or the same as Tommy John surgery).

Gmburns2000

Oct 13, 2012, 1:25 PM
Post #38643 of 45342 (4911 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I guess what I'm saying is, based on my experience, you don't want it to be an ulnar nerve injury.

Gmburns2000

Oct 13, 2012, 1:32 PM
Post #38644 of 45342 (4910 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
I guess what I'm saying is, based on my experience, you don't want it to be an ulnar nerve injury.

because just like in the Hangover II, that shit's for life.

Partner epoch

Oct 14, 2012, 3:50 AM
Post #38645 of 45342 (4897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

I was going to back your play there, but then you had to make a reference to a shitty franchise second movie.

You can recover from an Ulnar nerve injury, though. I damaged mine once and it recovered. Took some time, but I'm 100%.

Gmburns2000

Oct 14, 2012, 4:20 AM
Post #38646 of 45342 (4895 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

I was going to back your play there, but then you had to make a reference to a shitty franchise second movie.

You can recover from an Ulnar nerve injury, though. I damaged mine once and it recovered. Took some time, but I'm 100%.

Don't disagree with anything you said (even if that was really the only funny line in the entire flick - and I didn't even get it right). It depends on the injury, but the ulnar nerve is damn easy to reaggravate. For me, I almost never notice it. And by "almost never" I mean I notice it with lingering symptoms once every couple of years or with sharp, temporary symptoms a couple of times per year.

But what aggravates it are certain motions that, if are normal motions for you (and mine aren't for me), will hurt for a really long time without some sort of long-term recovery plan if you don't opt for surgery.

But yeah, Tommy John is proof the the Yankees have a pact with the devil.

Kartessa

Oct 14, 2012, 7:54 PM
Post #38647 of 45342 (4883 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:

I'm sitting out today too... Got too fat this year and the ankles/knees scream "fuck you" with every step

notapplicable

Oct 15, 2012, 4:58 AM
Post #38648 of 45342 (4874 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

I've suffered from an ulnar nerve injury for years. Can't throw a baseball more than a few times without my hand hurting in the area on my palm around the thumb. My baseball playing days were over by the time the injury became serious enough to affect me, but it ended my whiffle ball career for sure. I was fucking good, too.

Doesn't affect my climbing much, though. Don't know, maybe I'm not that great at slopers? Actually, I'm not that great at pinches sometimes because that does hurt if my hand doesn't fit around the hold the right way. I've never gotten the nerve treated beyond an initial treatment in college. Not necessary for normal life. Not sure what the treatment is like (ultrasounds didn't work). From what I hear though, the right fix isn't worth it for normal people (something similar or the same as Tommy John surgery).

In my case it would actually be the Median Nerve but I honestly don't think it's the nerve anymore. At least not principally. I was hoping it was a muscle/tendon connection but the pain is too deep and is not tender when I press on it. I can't even seem to reach it because it's so far under the muscle. That and the repeated popping sensation makes me think it's a ligament.

I don't know. I'm weirding myself out looking at all these anatomy pictures and trying to figure out exactly where the pain is coming from. I need to stop.

Gmburns2000

Oct 15, 2012, 12:16 PM
Post #38649 of 45342 (4856 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

In my case it would actually be the Median Nerve but I honestly don't think it's the nerve anymore. At least not principally. I was hoping it was a muscle/tendon connection but the pain is too deep and is not tender when I press on it. I can't even seem to reach it because it's so far under the muscle. That and the repeated popping sensation makes me think it's a ligament.

I don't know. I'm weirding myself out looking at all these anatomy pictures and trying to figure out exactly where the pain is coming from. I need to stop climbing for a while.

fixed

donald949

Oct 15, 2012, 4:36 PM
Post #38650 of 45342 (4851 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Set up...

First page Previous page 1 ... 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook