Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 ... 1809 Next page Last page  View All

Gmburns2000

Oct 18, 2012, 8:00 AM
Post #38726 of 45206 (1712 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

yawningftw

Gmburns2000

Oct 18, 2012, 8:00 AM
Post #38727 of 45206 (1711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
yawningftw

pillow

Gmburns2000

Oct 18, 2012, 8:01 AM
Post #38728 of 45206 (1710 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
yawningftw

pillow

blanket

Gmburns2000

Oct 18, 2012, 8:01 AM
Post #38729 of 45206 (1709 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
yawningftw

pillow

blanket

zonk

edge

Oct 18, 2012, 8:18 AM
Post #38730 of 45206 (1707 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
So every morning my wife leaves for work, I sleep in until around 8:30, and then organize the moving boxes, unpacking and rearranging. Maybe I putz in the shop, maybe I make a couple rattles or a drum for sale on etsy, maybe I walk the dogs. I visit my meditation garden in the woods, a circle of stones laid out in a medicine wheel with a bench and altar. The time goes fast, and then I make dinner for when Karol gets home around 5:30.

Am I a "kept man?" 'Cuz that would be cool. Cool

Time to organize the basement, then I think I'll make a 15" octagonal drum of elk and cedar. Woo!

Why even unpack? you're only there for six months?

We moved so fast, things were not particularly well organized or stored. Since we will be putting things in a pod for a x-c trip and stored for who knows how long, I need to pack properly, label, and reevaluate keeping some things.

And six months of winter can feel like a long time, so why not be comfortable and have ready access to the things I do need?

donald949

Oct 18, 2012, 8:47 AM
Post #38731 of 45206 (1704 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
In related knews.
I rolled my left ankle fri for the 2nd time in 2 weaks.
Mad
Saturday wuz soar, 2day iz better.
Hoping and praying that iz better by Vet's weekend. Wife suggested we hit Josh. Oh yea.

that blows (kind of like this website the past year).

Rolled ankles suck. ankles suck in general, actually. They take for freakin' ever to heel. (could've had a decent pun there if I wanted to work harder).

climbing or hiking or camping?
Er, neither.
1st was walking over the hose in the garden.
2nd was walking down the street, which had an uneven getter. Pirate

and you want to take a trip to J-Tree. My god. Boa sorte!
yea but thats 3.5 weeks from now. I should be all better by then.
Boa constricter!

donald949

Oct 18, 2012, 8:48 AM
Post #38732 of 45206 (1704 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SylviaSmile] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
donald949 wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
"Gmburns2000 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing the other day but it's not like we do anything to change the fact. When was the last time you started a well intended and useful thread in a climbing forum? I think mine was the "Near Miss Report" thread and that was almost two years ago.

I can't remember mine. I've done a few news notes. Maybe mine was the speed record by Caldwell and Honnold.

Still, none of the big hitters are here anymore. I don't even see JT. I anticipate a long, long recovery.

It's been a long time since my last useful thread. Most of the stuff that can be talked about has already been talked about. So, really, is there a point in trying to be useful?
Nope. Not so much.
No good trolls lately.
All the noobs have been driven off by the angry old climber comments "do a search Ahole." So not even any freindly help threads to be had.
Very little good

I feel like I should actually be climbing in order to start a thread about climbing. All those "not climbing but" threads very quickly go downhill.
Due it. Due it noa!

donald949

Oct 18, 2012, 8:51 AM
Post #38733 of 45206 (1704 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
APOCALYPSE !!! Quick, hide your everything!!!
Meh, you East-Coasters and your "earthquakes." Come west, ride the big ones with me!!! Yeee Haw!

Oh, and Dina... yousuck for being this close and yet, again, not coming down to say hi to Donny and myself.
Yes, and don't ferget esprit

donald949

Oct 18, 2012, 8:57 AM
Post #38734 of 45206 (1704 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
epoch wrote:
Meh, you East-Coasters and your "earthquakes." Come west, ride the big ones with me!!! Yeee Haw!

Oh, and Dina... yousuck for being this close and yet, again, not coming down to say hi to Donny and myself.

I didn't feel a thing.

Oh, and...

THAT BITCH!!

I think it was in New England. Weird number of East Coast earthquakes in the recent past, though.

It was a 4.6 centered about 40 miles east of me. The whole house shook for about 4 seconds with a significant rumble, and the dogs jumped up out of a snooze and started running (where to, I don't know, we were inside.) I knew right away what it was, but don't recall ever feeling one so strong in NH in my 51 years. My wife had to ask what it was, and after I told her I stepped outside and my new neighbors and their other neighbors were also out asking what it was.Crazy
4.6?
I don't even get out of bed untill they get to be 6.

donald949

Oct 18, 2012, 8:58 AM
Post #38735 of 45206 (1704 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
Plus, I don't feel good right now. Woe is me Smile

Well, at least you "look" healthy.

I still can't work out whether that chick was calling me fat!

OH SNAP!

The other puzzling thing is that I have been feeling thinner lately, pants fitting a little different, but the scale doesn't reflect it . . . oh well, one of those unsolved mysteries.

All of my adult life I have weighed 158 - 160. I have been down to 153 for the last six months. I thought maybe I was dying or something. Doc thinks proly not. I'm thinking thats a bet he can't win.
awl teh klimbink your dueing.

Gmburns2000

Oct 18, 2012, 9:44 AM
Post #38736 of 45206 (1702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
So every morning my wife leaves for work, I sleep in until around 8:30, and then organize the moving boxes, unpacking and rearranging. Maybe I putz in the shop, maybe I make a couple rattles or a drum for sale on etsy, maybe I walk the dogs. I visit my meditation garden in the woods, a circle of stones laid out in a medicine wheel with a bench and altar. The time goes fast, and then I make dinner for when Karol gets home around 5:30.

Time to organize the basement, then I think I'll make a 15" octagonal drum of elk and cedar. Woo!

We moved so fast, things were not particularly well organized or stored. Since we will be putting things in a pod for a x-c trip and stored for who knows how long, I need to pack properly, label, and reevaluate keeping some things.

And six months of winter can feel like a long time, so why not be comfortable and have ready access to the things I do need?

understood. got get 'em tiger.

Gmburns2000

Oct 18, 2012, 9:45 AM
Post #38737 of 45206 (1700 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
In related knews.
I rolled my left ankle fri for the 2nd time in 2 weaks.
Mad
Saturday wuz soar, 2day iz better.
Hoping and praying that iz better by Vet's weekend. Wife suggested we hit Josh. Oh yea.

Rolled ankles suck. ankles suck in general, actually. They take for freakin' ever to heel. (could've had a decent pun there if I wanted to work harder).

climbing or hiking or camping?
Er, neither.
1st was walking over the hose in the garden.
2nd was walking down the street, which had an uneven getter. Pirate

and you want to take a trip to J-Tree. My god. Boa sorte!
yea but thats 3.5 weeks from now. I should be all better by then.
Boa constricter!

if he's a tiger ^^ then...

erisspirit

Oct 18, 2012, 10:12 AM
Post #38738 of 45206 (1699 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
edge wrote:
So, last week I worked all day every day moving our belongings into the new house in the rain, probably 15 pick-up truck loads total along with two trailer loads.

We spent our first night in the rental home on Thursday, but I managed to sneak out for about five hours to the local crag, which is now only a 10 minute drive away. We added a finish to one of our previous FAs to link it to the top of the cliff, then semi-cleaned a new line (right of our classic "A Toltec Dream") that is far from classic but worth doing, leading it at 5.7+ and naming it "An Aztec Nightmare."

Spent the weekend unpacking, arranging furniture, and settling in. Had to run to my parents on Sunday to watch the Patriots game, as we don't get cable hooked up until later today. In the meantime we have been watching "Downton Abbey" on DVD, which I am pleasantly surprised to find very good.

Downton is quite good. Seen seasons 1 & 2 and rather enjoyed both.

Good job getting a bit-o-climbing in too. At least someone is getting out.

DOWNTON ABBEY! Something to live for, indeed . . . my roommate and I did a marathon of seasons 1 and 2 a couple months ago (she'd never seen them, though I had), and now we are illegally streaming season 3 from sketchy sites on Monday evenings. Can't wait. :)

I'm kind of annoyed. I missed the season premier of Walking Dead the other night and since AMC stays a full week behind with whats available OnDemand and I refuse to pirate, I'm behind for the rest of the season. Mad

I ran a marathon, took a flight, and still managed to see it with food and friends and everything Wink

erisspirit

Oct 18, 2012, 10:13 AM
Post #38739 of 45206 (1699 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

I don't care what she called you. You still "look" healthy despite being a Vegan...

In other news... I'm only eating meat -of any kind- 2-3 meals a week. It's having a substantial effect on my everything.

Now, if I only had more trees to hug...

hugging palm trees just isn't the same

erisspirit

Oct 18, 2012, 10:18 AM
Post #38740 of 45206 (1699 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SylviaSmile] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

OH SNAP!

The other puzzling thing is that I have been feeling thinner lately, pants fitting a little different, but the scale doesn't reflect it . . . oh well, one of those unsolved mysteries.

All of my adult life I have weighed 158 - 160. I have been down to 153 for the last six months. I thought maybe I was dying or something. Doc thinks proly not. I'm thinking thats a bet he can't win.

I have consistently weighed 135, +/- 3 lbs. for the past five years or so, and completely cutting out dairy and eggs did nothing to affect that.

haha I went down a pants size recently yet the scale said I was either the same or heavier...

I decided it was all the scales fault and haven't touched it since...

I probably don't really want to know anyways

erisspirit

Oct 18, 2012, 10:21 AM
Post #38741 of 45206 (1698 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
epoch wrote:

Yes, and don't ferget esprit

!!

donald949

Oct 18, 2012, 10:24 AM
Post #38742 of 45206 (1698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:

talk about a late hit.
yea, pretty late.
Looks like someone missed the day they taught about trolling in class. Unsure

Partner macherry

Oct 18, 2012, 10:31 AM
Post #38743 of 45206 (1697 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:

yes you are a kept man. your life is much like my life.......embrace it.

i just throw in a batch of cookies, pumpkin bread or raisin bread.............then i get some pocket money!!!

Partner macherry

Oct 18, 2012, 10:35 AM
Post #38744 of 45206 (1696 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

OH SNAP!

I have consistently weighed 135, +/- 3 lbs. for the past five years or so, and completely cutting out dairy and eggs did nothing to affect that.

haha I went down a pants size recently yet the scale said I was either the same or heavier...

scales are the devil!!! i can tell if i gain or lose weight by how tight the pants are.

i actually lost weight by cutting out dairy, red meat, and any packaged food. almost back to ideal climbing weight!!!

Gmburns2000

Oct 18, 2012, 10:46 AM
Post #38745 of 45206 (1695 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

OH SNAP!

scales are the devil!!! i can tell if i gain or lose weight by how tight the pants are.

i actually lost weight by cutting out dairy, red meat, and any packaged food. almost back to ideal climbing weight!!!

I can't do dairy anyway, and now that the lady is in spain i'm not cooking any red meat. only fish, veggies, and rice (or pasta occassionally - ok, some chocolate, too, i admit it). no scale, but i think i'm losing weight.

i know i was over 180 for a while. playing weight is 165. not sure where i am and not sure i'll know any time soon. just going to eat well and exercise. fingers are crossed i shed a few pounds before spain in decemeber.

edge

Oct 18, 2012, 11:39 AM
Post #38746 of 45206 (1671 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

OH SNAP!

Three years ago, I weighed 245 for a spell; bought size 40 pants and shorts and loathed my existance. I was barely climbing, and remember getting sketched on easy leads, like 5.7 sport. I quit drinking 26 months ago, hit the crags hard, ate better, and generally started loving life.

Today I weigh 185, only 15 lbs more than I weighed in college when I was climbing 175-200 days/year and road tripping constantly to Yosemite and les Alps. And I'm 51, onsighting 10's and some 11's (haven't pushed myself to get on many 11's with all the new routing and FAs.)

I manage to do this despite a vicious sweet tooth, ice cream and snacks every night, and a healthy appetite. Yesterday someone commented that I would start to look unhealthy if I lost more weight, but I can easily see getting down to 180 in a few months, particularly once I start winter hiking and dusting off the ice tools; I still would love to do a winter traverse of the Presidentials and get in a calendar winter ascent of Pinnacle Buttress on Mt Washington before I blow out of New England.

Partner epoch

Oct 18, 2012, 9:40 PM
Post #38747 of 45206 (1663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
epoch wrote:

I didn't feel a thing.

Oh, and...

THAT BITCH!!

I think it was in New England. Weird number of East Coast earthquakes in the recent past, though.

It was a 4.6 centered about 40 miles east of me. The whole house shook for about 4 seconds with a significant rumble, and the dogs jumped up out of a snooze and started running (where to, I don't know, we were inside.) I knew right away what it was, but don't recall ever feeling one so strong in NH in my 51 years. My wife had to ask what it was, and after I told her I stepped outside and my new neighbors and their other neighbors were also out asking what it was.Crazy

downgraded to 4.0. still, big for the area.

Jay - seriously, stay away from the island? k? thx. bai.

Is My Island...

Partner epoch

Oct 18, 2012, 9:43 PM
Post #38748 of 45206 (1661 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

This is kerekt.

Partner epoch

Oct 18, 2012, 9:43 PM
Post #38749 of 45206 (1660 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
epoch wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

I don't care what she called you. You still "look" healthy despite being a Vegan...

In other news... I'm only eating meat -of any kind- 2-3 meals a week. It's having a substantial effect on my everything.

Now, if I only had more trees to hug...

hugging palm trees just isn't the same

But... palm trees!!!!

(They're odd with christmas lights on them...)

Partner epoch

Oct 18, 2012, 9:45 PM
Post #38750 of 45206 (1659 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Zion, bitches!

Smell you Monday!

First page Previous page 1 ... 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 ... 1809 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook