RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

olympicmtnboy

Oct 18, 2012, 8:12 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1468 views)
Shortcut

Anyone in Louisiana?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Damn it's flat here. My work assignmen just got extended again and I've kind of done most of the swamp activities I can think of on my one day a week off (Sunday). I'm really itching for some sort of climbing, even if it's a muddy river bank or a gym.

Anyone near Baton Rouge? I hear there is a gym in Lafayette I'd be willing to drive for, or some sort of bouldering near Tunica Hills? I really need to get out!

Partner chugach001

Dec 9, 2012, 10:37 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1409 views)
Shortcut

Re: [olympicmtnboy] Anyone in Louisiana? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dood, you're bumming. I did 9 years there after living in Alaska and it SUCKED. Way the hell out in northern Alabama or Arkansas is lame climbing but it's the best you got. Good luck.

doyle

Jan 17, 2013, 7:07 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1334 views)
Shortcut

Re: [olympicmtnboy] Anyone in Louisiana? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You are in the only state that Rock and Road says there is not even a bolder to climb. I don't know what the LA rock gyms look like. There are 2 rock gyms in Houston and there is come climbing in and around Austin (i.e. Rimers Ranch (sport), Enchanted Rock state park (trad and boldering)) all of that is single pitch stuff.

Your best bet is to head north T Wall out side of Chattanooga, TN is some great climbing and if you are up for a road trip keep going to Red River Gorge KY the Red has some world class climbing. I work construction in the Oil and Gas market out of Houston and can feel your pain.Unsure But with only one day off look at the rock gyms over there.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook