RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Indoor Gyms

Premier Sponsor:

Masterkush

Oct 20, 2012, 12:34 PM
Post #1 of 3 (784 views)
Shortcut

Building my first wall
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Im building a pretty big wall in my backyard. About 30 feet long and 15 feet high, its mainly an endurance wall. What I would like suggestions on is what angle it should be built at. I was thinking a very slight over hang. I would love to build it so that it could range from verticle to about 30 degrees but i dont see that being possible (safe?) with such a large wall. Also as to whether it should be one big flat wall or a wall with some bulges and what not. Metolius has a climbing wall PDF that says keeping the wall flat allows for the most variation without getting trapped into the same type of moves as you would limit yourself to if you gave the wall some bulges and overhangs. Open to any feedback.

acorneau

Oct 20, 2012, 2:18 PM
Post #2 of 3 (769 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Masterkush] Building my first wall [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Masterkush wrote:
Im building a pretty big wall in my backyard. About 30 feet long and 15 feet high, its mainly an endurance wall. What I would like suggestions on is what angle it should be built at. I was thinking a very slight over hang. I would love to build it so that it could range from verticle to about 30 degrees but i dont see that being possible (safe?) with such a large wall. Also as to whether it should be one big flat wall or a wall with some bulges and what not. Metolius has a climbing wall PDF that says keeping the wall flat allows for the most variation without getting trapped into the same type of moves as you would limit yourself to if you gave the wall some bulges and overhangs. Open to any feedback.

You could build it with a warp: vertical (or near vertical) on one end and overhung on the other end. Thirty feet should be plenty to get a 20-30 degree difference from one end to the other.

jbone

Oct 20, 2012, 4:16 PM
Post #3 of 3 (764 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Masterkush] Building my first wall [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Check this place out. They are a bit bigger than what you have but it pretty much has the 1 long wall setup you may be referring to.

http://www.facebook.com/...?v=10151243136311351

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Indoor Gyms

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook