RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - West Coast

Premier Sponsor:

fusionbjj

Oct 8, 2012, 10:56 AM
Post #1 of 5 (926 views)
Shortcut

Vegas partner wanted
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

***Update / Edit***

I made the below post 3 months ago. Since then I have been out there a lot and training as well. Instead of being stopped by easy 5.10, I can now handle up to hard 5.10 and maybe even some easy 5.11. A few more months should see me solidified in the 5.11 grade once again, hopefully.

I have moved into a house 5 minutes from the loop road, and still have lots of time to get out there. I also now have pretty much a full rack with enough gear for almost anything out there.

So, please read the original post below and get in touch if you are interested.

Hello

About me:

I am 44 years old. I first tied in when I was 26, and climbed nonstop for 10 years. I traveled all around the west for months on end. Yosemite. Jtree. Smith. Hueco. Red rocks. etc. I led sport to 5.12, trad to 5.11. Tons of multipitch experience.

I had to quit about 10 years ago due to a horrendous case of tendonitis that developed trying to take training into the 5.13 level.

Got involved in other sports. Climbed a little bit here and there since then, but not much.

Last year I developed a bit of a problem with one of my hips. Osteo arthritis. Started rehabbing it a few months ago in order to avoid surgery and stay active.

So far, so good. Yesterday I went out to RR and climbed for the first time in 18 months. Led up to 5.9 bolted with no problem at all. Did 4 routes between 5.7 and 5.9 very easily.

Will probably take some time to shake the rust off my head for leading on gear, and remembering how to multipitch efficiently.

My intention is to get back out there as much as my body will allow and try to slowly get back into it as much as I can.

I am self employed and can take time to go whenever I want. AKA - avoiding the hordes on the weekends.

I have a rope, and about 3/4 of a full rack.

Anyone interested, please message me. I am very psyched up about getting out there again on a regular basis.

(This post was edited by fusionbjj on Jan 12, 2013, 4:13 PM)

Leentjeschade

Oct 17, 2012, 8:43 AM
Post #2 of 5 (876 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fusionbjj] Vegas partner wanted [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I just flew in to Vegas. Went on a 5 week America teip and srill want to do some climbing soo bad! I only brought shoes. I will be staying at a hotel the nexr coming days. Might stay till the weekend and fly out later back home.. Email me if interested leentjeschade@hotmail.com
Im 32 girl from Amsterdam. Only 1,5 ye climbing experience. Mostly indoors. We dont have ANY mountains. Thats why I want to go climb here so badly!!

Ned_Ludd

Oct 23, 2012, 8:57 PM
Post #3 of 5 (849 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I will be in vegas on nov 24 for a few weeks.

Email at bshandro at gmail dot com if you might be looking for a partner then.

Cheers,

Bret

erinakabucky

Oct 26, 2012, 6:22 AM
Post #4 of 5 (830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello,

I will be in vegas from nov. 9-14th visiting from Philadelphia and looking to get a lot of climbing in. I've been climbing for about 5 years, am a 30 year female. I climb mostly sport (don't know how to lead trad yet) but can follow trad. I climb up to a 5.10 usually.

Thanks
erin

fusionbjj

Jan 12, 2013, 4:11 PM
Post #5 of 5 (623 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erinakabucky] Vegas partner wanted [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Self bump + edit to original. Check it out!

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook