Premier Sponsor:

dr_feelgood

Oct 24, 2012, 2:52 PM
Post #1 of 10 (1344 views)
Shortcut

Monster Energy Drinks
Report this Post
Can't Post

My personal record is five in one day. I drove from Sandpoint, Idaho to somewhere in the middle of South Dakota.
I wonder if I can get class action damages?
http://www.nytimes.com/...eine-drink.html?_r=0

pinktricam

Oct 24, 2012, 4:59 PM
Post #2 of 10 (1334 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] Monster Energy Drinks [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You're effin' crazy! I work 7P-7A, but limit myself to 1 16oz. blue Monster. Anything more and I can feel the PVC's.

sharensmith

Oct 24, 2012, 10:00 PM
Post #3 of 10 (1311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Monster Energy is an energy drink, launched by Hansen Natural in 2002. It comes in a black can with a colored logo. "Monster Java" was the first energy drink to be sold mixed with coffee. A wrongful death suit has been filed against Monster Energy Drink by the parents of Anais Fournier, 14, who died six days after consuming two large cans of the highly caffeinated beverage before suffering cardiac arrests. The FDA is investigating five other heart-attack deaths and one non-fatal heart attack that have all been associated with the beverage. It would be the first wrongful death case involving a minor child against an energy drink company. You might need to inquire at http://www.haskellaw.com/.

(This post was edited by sharensmith on Oct 24, 2012, 10:08 PM)

pinktricam

Oct 24, 2012, 11:43 PM
Post #4 of 10 (1282 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sharensmith] Monster Energy Drinks [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sharensmith wrote:
Monster Energy is an energy drink, launched by Hansen Natural in 2002. It comes in a black can with a colored logo. "Monster Java" was the first energy drink to be sold mixed with coffee. A wrongful death suit has been filed against Monster Energy Drink by the parents of Anais Fournier, 14, who died six days after consuming two large cans of the highly caffeinated beverage before suffering cardiac arrests. The FDA is investigating five other heart-attack deaths and one non-fatal heart attack that have all been associated with the beverage. It would be the first wrongful death case involving a minor child against an energy drink company. You might need to inquire at http://www.haskellaw.com/.

Thanks, I know everything now...except for why the OP was posted in The Soap Box.

petsfed

Oct 25, 2012, 7:57 AM
Post #5 of 10 (1232 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sharensmith] Monster Energy Drinks [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I know its outside my paygrade to speculate about what it must be like to lose a child, but really, what kind of parent gives their kid 2 tall boys of energy drink? They shouldn't be suing, they should be sued for neglect.

lena_chita

Oct 25, 2012, 8:38 AM
Post #6 of 10 (1225 views)
Shortcut

Re: [petsfed] Monster Energy Drinks [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

petsfed wrote:
I know its outside my paygrade to speculate about what it must be like to lose a child, but really, what kind of parent gives their kid 2 tall boys of energy drink? They shouldn't be suing, they should be sued for neglect.

At the age of 14, the girl could have bought those energy drinks at the corner convenience store with her own pocket money, without parents being any wiser. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that the parent bought them for the girl, and served them to her, unless you know something that is not stated in the link doc posted.

Losing a child... yeah, don't want to go there. But these kinds of lawsuits make me shake head in disbelief still.

I personally have never had more than one small 8-12 oz sized can in a day, and I rarely ever resort to drinking this crap. Maybe a few times a year on a long nighttime drive, if I have no other choice.

I do, oweve,r know someone who regularly consumes two-three 6-packs of this stuff, while driving cross-country in 2 days. Ugh and yuck!

petsfed

Oct 25, 2012, 8:52 AM
Post #7 of 10 (1219 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] Monster Energy Drinks [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I misread her age as "4" which rather drastically changes the story.

Yeah, a 14 year old is a lot harder to control. I'm interested to see what happens with this story because the shear volume of stimulants we're dumping into our bodies cannot be good. I've got no good answers on that.

chadnsc

Oct 25, 2012, 9:18 AM
Post #8 of 10 (1213 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

When I brought up Monster Energy Drink to my doctor a few years ago she said : "Stay away from that junk, being a diabetic it could kill you very easily."

saint_john

Oct 26, 2012, 11:30 AM
Post #9 of 10 (1172 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
My personal record is five in one day. I drove from Sandpoint, Idaho to somewhere in the middle of South Dakota.
I wonder if I can get class action damages?
http://www.nytimes.com/...eine-drink.html?_r=0

Come on dude, you live in Montana. What are you doing drinking Monster when you can buy meth on every street corner?

(This post was edited by saint_john on Oct 26, 2012, 11:31 AM)

gunkiemike

Oct 29, 2012, 11:24 AM
Post #10 of 10 (1126 views)
Shortcut

Re: [petsfed] Monster Energy Drinks [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

petsfed wrote:
I misread her age as "4" which rather drastically changes the story.

Yeah, a 14 year old is a lot harder to control. I'm interested to see what happens with this story because the shear volume of stimulants we're dumping into our bodies cannot be good. I've got no good answers on that.

I teach high school, and I regularly hear kids scheming how they can get one of these. Apparently a lot of parents don't let their children drink these things, and the kids sneak them and get excited about the prospect of being able to get one now and then, almost as if they were doing illegal drugs.

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$103.68 (10% off)
$62.96 (10% off)
$6.26 (10% off)
$10.76 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook