Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3756 3757 3758 3759 3760 3761 3762 3763 3764 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

snoopy138

Nov 1, 2012, 8:43 PM
Post #93976 of 105309 (4734 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] that's teh way teh pros due it [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
I am sooo fucked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPrecTzEB0M

yes!

[cough cough]

was there a severe thunderstorm in june?

Usually?

I dunno, shit rolls in off the lake all the time. What's bumming me out is the 6 days of rain we've been getting because of Sandy. It's screwing up my chi.

Yes, it is screwing up mine, too!

And Halloween trick-or-treating has been postponed around here until Sunday 4-7. Bleh. I had other plans for Sunday night.

was this somehow established by fiat?

No, no clownkars were involved in this decision.

I figured that would be the response.

btw, gg, that pair with the blue klown kar came back after the weke end to LotA. They said they got the klown kar to and from solar collector, with no porblems.

Was there ever any doubt?

So you didn't have the klown kar this year?

no. I had a lame-ass chevy malibu. It would regularly inform me that I had low traction going up the lode hill or the rode to sore heel.

snoopy138

Nov 1, 2012, 8:44 PM
Post #93977 of 105309 (4732 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Went surfing today for the first time since Panama, May 2009. Wow... long time. It's been even longer since I've been in a wet suit, maybe 5 years?

Good news is that it seems to have been long enough to forget how much better it is to go without a wetsuit. And long enough to get over my former conditions snobbery and have a good time surfing shit waves.

Think I'll be doing a lot more of that this winter. I sold oft the Land Hog so I no longer have 4x4 for the sik powdah runz.

you could climb the climbs?

snoopy138

Nov 1, 2012, 8:46 PM
Post #93978 of 105309 (4731 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] that's teh way teh pros due it [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
I am sooo fucked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPrecTzEB0M

yes!

[cough cough]

was there a severe thunderstorm in june?

Usually?

I dunno, shit rolls in off the lake all the time. What's bumming me out is the 6 days of rain we've been getting because of Sandy. It's screwing up my chi.

Yes, it is screwing up mine, too!

And Halloween trick-or-treating has been postponed around here until Sunday 4-7. Bleh. I had other plans for Sunday night.

was this somehow established by fiat?

No, no clownkars were involved in this decision.

I figured that would be the response.

btw, gg, that pair with the blue klown kar came back after the weke end to LotA. They said they got the klown kar to and from solar collector, with no porblems.

Was there ever any doubt?

So you didn't have the klown kar this year?

no. I had a lame-ass chevy malibu. It would regularly inform me that I had low traction going up the lode hill or the rode to sore heel.

never had any actual porblems, though. I guess teh ford focus that LLL rented had a bit of trouble its first time up teh hill.

snoopy138

Nov 1, 2012, 8:46 PM
Post #93979 of 105309 (4729 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] that's teh way teh pros due it [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Went surfing today for the first time since Panama, May 2009. Wow... long time. It's been even longer since I've been in a wet suit, maybe 5 years?

Good news is that it seems to have been long enough to forget how much better it is to go without a wetsuit. And long enough to get over my former conditions snobbery and have a good time surfing shit waves.

Think I'll be doing a lot more of that this winter. I sold oft the Land Hog so I no longer have 4x4 for the sik powdah runz.
Did you really need 4x4 to get around out there? I think we'll visit tahoe this winter since our passes include it.

seems like this calls for a francising.

Partner camhead

Nov 1, 2012, 9:01 PM
Post #93980 of 105309 (4720 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Heh, looks like Odub is ranting about the "getting back into it" thing now. Gawd, he steals my jokes, and the Manderson workout, and claims them both for his own!

http://www.powercompanyclimbing.com/...nana-commitment.html

Good rant, though, all the same.

caughtinside

Nov 1, 2012, 11:41 PM
Post #93981 of 105309 (4706 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Did you really need 4x4 to get around out there? I think we'll visit tahoe this winter since our passes include it.

If you want to powder ski in tahoe you need 4x4 or awd. CalTrans has chain control locked down hard in winter storms and you won't get there without chains or the above. Personally, I find driving more than say 10 miles in chains to be hell and I won't do it.

if you're cool skiing on either side of a storm then no, you don't need anything. If you want the deep n ' fluffy you gotta have it.

caughtinside

Nov 1, 2012, 11:44 PM
Post #93982 of 105309 (4705 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

This is also my plan. However, my work situation is conducive to morning zurf zeshes. With no season pass and no Land Hog skiing is much less appealing. I can still get up with friends if it's good, but $4 gas plus single day lift tix is a big bite. I'm sort of ready to change gears anyway. Skiied 0 last year. But I did spend 5 weeks in Josh.

snoopy138

Nov 2, 2012, 2:05 AM
Post #93983 of 105309 (4690 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

If you want to powder ski in tahoe you need 4x4 or awd. CalTrans has chain control locked down hard in winter storms and you won't get there without chains or the above. Personally, I find driving more than say 10 miles in chains to be hell and I won't do it.

if you're cool skiing on either side of a storm then no, you don't need anything. If you want the deep n ' fluffy you gotta have it.

sounds like you have to take oft long enough to get over yore conditions snobbery?

snoopy138

Nov 2, 2012, 2:07 AM
Post #93984 of 105309 (4689 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

This is also my plan. However, my work situation is conducive to morning zurf zeshes. With no season pass and no Land Hog skiing is much less appealing. I can still get up with friends if it's good, but $4 gas plus single day lift tix is a big bite. I'm sort of ready to change gears anyway. Skiied 0 last year. But I did spend 5 weeks in Josh.

ewe gonna be in josh over thanksgiving?

going to be some folks heading up to the gold wall that weke; kind of tempting, but I imagine that weekend it'll be a total shitshow of crowdz up there?

caughtinside

Nov 2, 2012, 3:55 PM
Post #93985 of 105309 (4670 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

sounds like you have to take oft long enough to get over yore conditions snobbery?

by 2016 I will be ready to hit the icy edged out groomers on a saturday with a million other skiiers!!Angelic

Hmm, sounds like the east coast.

caughtinside

Nov 2, 2012, 3:58 PM
Post #93986 of 105309 (4668 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

going to be some folks heading up to the gold wall that weke; kind of tempting, but I imagine that weekend it'll be a total shitshow of crowdz up there?

Nope. I got in big Doo Doo for skipping family turkey last year for Josh. Family stuff this year. The weekend I think we're renting a house on the coast with some friends. No climbing, sadly.

Gold Wall will likely be lively over a 4 day weekend if the weather stays good, it's primo conditions out there right now.

A friend was out on Saturday and she reported 18 people at the crag, (12 of whom were a big group from Cal) which isn't that bad for Saturday there. I think the numbers will go up as temps drop another 5-20 degrees.

snoopy138

Nov 2, 2012, 3:59 PM
Post #93987 of 105309 (4667 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

by 2016 I will be ready to hit the icy edged out groomers on a saturday with a million other skiiers!!Angelic

Hmm, sounds like the east coast.

teh mountains are bigger?

snoopy138

Nov 2, 2012, 4:11 PM
Post #93988 of 105309 (4664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Nope. I got in big Doo Doo for skipping family turkey last year for Josh. Family stuff this year. The weekend I think we're renting a house on the coast with some friends. No climbing, sadly.

getting a jorb, hanging out with the family on t-day; your parentz must be so prowd. or, less disgusted, at least.

granite_grrl

Nov 2, 2012, 5:01 PM
Post #93989 of 105309 (4656 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It's snowing outside right now.

I don't think I'm ready for this.

caughtinside

Nov 2, 2012, 5:18 PM
Post #93990 of 105309 (4652 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

getting a jorb, hanging out with the family on t-day; your parentz must be so prowd. or, less disgusted, at least.

Less disgusted I think. But they are distracted by my sister who lives a 5 minute walk away and her little baby.

granite_grrl

Nov 2, 2012, 5:34 PM
Post #93991 of 105309 (4650 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Less disgusted I think. But they are distracted by my sister who lives a 5 minute walk away and her little baby.

So you're saying that the only way to make them happy is a wedding and a baby.

granite_grrl

Nov 2, 2012, 5:38 PM
Post #93992 of 105309 (4649 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Speaking of babies I was discusing my cousin's new time vampire with my older sister last night. Mostly we disscussed that it was one of the ugliest babies that either of us have seen.

Worst thing about it though is that very few of the of my cousins and siblings have produced childern so all the aunts think this kid is the best thing since sliced bread.

carabiner96

Nov 2, 2012, 5:40 PM
Post #93993 of 105309 (4648 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] that's teh way teh pros due it [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Speaking of babies I was discusing my cousin's new time vampire with my older sister last night. Mostly we disscussed that it was one of the ugliest babies that either of us have seen.

Worst thing about it though is that very few of the of my cousins and siblings have produced childern so all the aunts think this kid is the best thing since sliced bread.
Ugly babies. They exist.

dr_feelgood

Nov 2, 2012, 6:58 PM
Post #93994 of 105309 (4638 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Ugly babies. They exist.
The rule. Not the exception.

snoopy138

Nov 2, 2012, 7:07 PM
Post #93995 of 105309 (4636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

they'll be distracted, you could totally sneak out to josh.

snoopy138

Nov 2, 2012, 7:08 PM
Post #93996 of 105309 (4635 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

I imagine they'd be somewhat fired up if he got a jorb with a big SF law firm instead of a slacker data tech jorb.

caughtinside

Nov 2, 2012, 7:23 PM
Post #93997 of 105309 (4624 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

It seems everyone wants a weeding. The nephew provides good cover on the baby front though.

caughtinside

Nov 2, 2012, 7:25 PM
Post #93998 of 105309 (4623 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

they'll be distracted, you could totally sneak out to josh.

I wish. The pressure for big family dinners has only intensified. They even work over the loyerette. SHe's always telling me 'your sister emailed today and wants to know when we're going to visit."

Clearly 90 minutes away... is not far enough.

caughtinside

Nov 2, 2012, 7:27 PM
Post #93999 of 105309 (4622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

I imagine they'd be somewhat fired up if he got a jorb with a big SF law firm instead of a slacker data tech jorb.

hah. THey've known for a long time i'm not the big firm type.

My jorb is way fun.

lena_chita

Nov 2, 2012, 7:47 PM
Post #94000 of 105309 (4615 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Ugly babies. They exist.

They sure do. But you are not allowed to say it to the parent's face.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3756 3757 3758 3759 3760 3761 3762 3763 3764 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook