Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3757 3758 3759 3760 3761 3762 3763 3764 3765 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

snoopy138

Nov 2, 2012, 11:11 PM
Post #94001 of 105309 (7113 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] that's teh way teh pros due it [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Went surfing today for the first time since Panama, May 2009. Wow... long time. It's been even longer since I've been in a wet suit, maybe 5 years?

Good news is that it seems to have been long enough to forget how much better it is to go without a wetsuit. And long enough to get over my former conditions snobbery and have a good time surfing shit waves.

Think I'll be doing a lot more of that this winter. I sold oft the Land Hog so I no longer have 4x4 for the sik powdah runz.

you could climb the climbs?

This is also my plan. However, my work situation is conducive to morning zurf zeshes. With no season pass and no Land Hog skiing is much less appealing. I can still get up with friends if it's good, but $4 gas plus single day lift tix is a big bite. I'm sort of ready to change gears anyway. Skiied 0 last year. But I did spend 5 weeks in Josh.

ewe gonna be in josh over thanksgiving?

going to be some folks heading up to the gold wall that weke; kind of tempting, but I imagine that weekend it'll be a total shitshow of crowdz up there?

Nope. I got in big Doo Doo for skipping family turkey last year for Josh. Family stuff this year. The weekend I think we're renting a house on the coast with some friends. No climbing, sadly.

getting a jorb, hanging out with the family on t-day; your parentz must be so prowd. or, less disgusted, at least.

Less disgusted I think. But they are distracted by my sister who lives a 5 minute walk away and her little baby.

they'll be distracted, you could totally sneak out to josh.

I wish. The pressure for big family dinners has only intensified. They even work over the loyerette. SHe's always telling me 'your sister emailed today and wants to know when we're going to visit."

Clearly 90 minutes away... is not far enough.

you might need to move to the land of milk and honeyPTFTWs.

snoopy138

Nov 2, 2012, 11:13 PM
Post #94002 of 105309 (7112 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

whoo!

CI does not live in the land uv PTFTWz.

dr_feelgood

Nov 3, 2012, 12:02 AM
Post #94003 of 105309 (7105 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] that's teh way teh pros due it [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Went surfing today for the first time since Panama, May 2009. Wow... long time. It's been even longer since I've been in a wet suit, maybe 5 years?

Good news is that it seems to have been long enough to forget how much better it is to go without a wetsuit. And long enough to get over my former conditions snobbery and have a good time surfing shit waves.

Think I'll be doing a lot more of that this winter. I sold oft the Land Hog so I no longer have 4x4 for the sik powdah runz.

This is also my plan. However, my work situation is conducive to morning zurf zeshes. With no season pass and no Land Hog skiing is much less appealing. I can still get up with friends if it's good, but $4 gas plus single day lift tix is a big bite. I'm sort of ready to change gears anyway. Skiied 0 last year. But I did spend 5 weeks in Josh.

going to be some folks heading up to the gold wall that weke; kind of tempting, but I imagine that weekend it'll be a total shitshow of crowdz up there?

Nope. I got in big Doo Doo for skipping family turkey last year for Josh. Family stuff this year. The weekend I think we're renting a house on the coast with some friends. No climbing, sadly.

getting a jorb, hanging out with the family on t-day; your parentz must be so prowd. or, less disgusted, at least.

Less disgusted I think. But they are distracted by my sister who lives a 5 minute walk away and her little baby.

I wish. The pressure for big family dinners has only intensified. They even work over the loyerette. SHe's always telling me 'your sister emailed today and wants to know when we're going to visit."

you might need to move to the land of milk and honeyPTFTWs.

yes, 2500 miles and plenty of milk and honey discourages attendance at big family dinners and the resulting get married and fire out a baby pressure.

granite_grrl

Nov 3, 2012, 1:17 PM
Post #94004 of 105309 (7089 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

15 hours to Minnesnowda, at least 18 to NS. Works well.

granite_grrl

Nov 3, 2012, 1:18 PM
Post #94005 of 105309 (7089 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] that's teh way teh pros due it [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Speaking of babies I was discusing my cousin's new time vampire with my older sister last night. Mostly we disscussed that it was one of the ugliest babies that either of us have seen.

Worst thing about it though is that very few of the of my cousins and siblings have produced childern so all the aunts think this kid is the best thing since sliced bread.
Ugly babies. They exist.

They sure do. But you are not allowed to say it to the parent's face.

I feel this is something they will need to come to grips with though.

caughtinside

Nov 3, 2012, 5:07 PM
Post #94006 of 105309 (7078 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] that's teh way teh pros due it [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Speaking of babies I was discusing my cousin's new time vampire with my older sister last night. Mostly we disscussed that it was one of the ugliest babies that either of us have seen.

Worst thing about it though is that very few of the of my cousins and siblings have produced childern so all the aunts think this kid is the best thing since sliced bread.
Ugly babies. They exist.

The loyerette is headed to a friends house who has a baby. The mom is blond. The dad is persian. The baby looks like a baby elvis.

snoopy138

Nov 3, 2012, 7:12 PM
Post #94007 of 105309 (7067 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Ugly babies. They exist.

The loyerette is headed to a friends house who has a baby. The mom is blond. The dad is persian. The baby looks like a baby elvis.

link to post zent!

dr_feelgood

Nov 3, 2012, 7:48 PM
Post #94008 of 105309 (7063 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Ugly babies. They exist.

RACIST!!!

dr_feelgood

Nov 3, 2012, 9:12 PM
Post #94009 of 105309 (7057 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] that's teh way teh pros due it [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Pineapple Girl subluxated a rib somehow. It may have been while climbing, but we're not sure.
The cool thing is that I get to learn how to reduce rib subluxations and dislocations, because if it ever happens again, reducing it is a two person jorb.

Partner epoch

Nov 3, 2012, 9:59 PM
Post #94010 of 105309 (7051 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
Pineapple Girl subluxated a rib somehow. It may have been while climbing, but we're not sure.
The cool thing is that I get to learn how to reduce rib subluxations and dislocations, because if it ever happens again, reducing it is a two person jorb.

What?

I don't even.....

OW!!!!!!!!

Hope she gets better.

lena_chita

Nov 4, 2012, 2:39 PM
Post #94011 of 105309 (7035 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:

oh no! But at least the pain relief is almost instantaneous, once the rib is back in place.

You can totally do it while climbing. I did once dislocate a rib while climbing (the drawback of REALLY reaching for it)

Luckily, a chiropractor happened to be climbing next to us, and fixed it right away. And i went from not being able to breathe to "O.K., which climb are we getting on next?"

Partner camhead

Nov 5, 2012, 1:35 PM
Post #94012 of 105309 (7012 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Weak end report: Emphasis on teh WEAK.

Went to the Red River Rest area AGAIN, on account of no carpoolers to the NRG, and the risk that Sendless Wall would be soaked from all the snow that Sandy dumped on Dubbya Vee.

Met up with strong Shaun, whose friend Ben also came along. Ben was (and is) a badass back in the day, got the FA of God's Own Stone and a few other One Fours, but has since gotten married, popped out some babies, and is now getting back into it. Awesome guy, tho.

Went to Bright Side on Saturday, and did some climbs that were way better than the piles that we got on last month. Awesome 11c warmup, then Shaun and Ben got on the classic new 12d there, called "Dog Bites and Fist Fights" (doucherlode reference, hehe). I stayed off it so I could get on The Force across the way at Darkside, but belayed a lot, and soaked in teh betaz.

Nobody at Bright Side, but when we went to Dark Side in the afternoon, the place was packed. There was a loud Frenchie there who kept throwing wobblers when he fell on Elephant Man ("PUTA! WHORE! MERDE!). I made the offhand comment that if his grandpa had displayed that sort of unchecked aggression, Hitler never would have been able to invade. Tuphar?

Was cold and had not climbed for like 2 hrs by this point, but got on Teh Force and wound up falling at the anchors. FAILZ. Was psyched, and thought that we could come back on Sunday and I would fire it, no prob.

Unfortunately, it turns out that 3 guys alone in a cabin with tons of beer and climbing videos results in mass drinking, and we were all hung over as fuck the next morning, Seriously, I have not had to use this excuse for quite a while, but it was legit.

Went back to Brightside on Sunday, all of us groggy. Shaun broke a hold on the warmup and fell. Then the crowds started showing up there. Piss. Shaun managed to send Dog Bites in a Hail Mary. I got on it, just to complete my warmup, and surprised everyone by flashing up to the last bolt before punting off on a slimper that I misread. Wasn't even pumped, thanks to the ample rest areas on the route (Jack Shitz Pantz in disgust).

We then went over to the Darkside, which was DESERTED, and in perfect temps and conditions. Time to zend teh Force. Didn't. Punted off the top, then next go punted off the lower crux, then last go punted off below the lower crux. I even screamed in French on the last go, it was so pathetic. Ben got worked on Elephant Man until his pads were bleeding, and Shaun kept falling lower and lower on Mind Meld.

Basically, we all sucked. Still, gud times. Forecast looks tits for the NRG next weekend.

lena_chita

Nov 5, 2012, 3:18 PM
Post #94013 of 105309 (7005 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] that's teh way teh pros due it [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

Went to the Red River Rest area AGAIN, on account of no carpoolers to the NRG, and the risk that Sendless Wall would be soaked from all the snow that Sandy dumped on Dubbya Vee.

Met up with strong Shaun, whose friend Ben also came along. Ben was (and is) a badass back in the day, got the FA of God's Own Stone and a few other One Fours, but has since gotten married, popped out some babies, and is now getting back into it. Awesome guy, tho.

Went to Bright Side on Saturday, and did some climbs that were way better than the piles that we got on last month. Awesome 11c warmup, then Shaun and Ben got on the classic new 12d there, called "Dog Bites and Fist Fights" (doucherlode reference, hehe). I stayed off it so I could get on The Force across the way at Darkside, but belayed a lot, and soaked in teh betaz.

Nobody at Bright Side, but when we went to Dark Side in the afternoon, the place was packed. There was a loud Frenchie there who kept throwing wobblers when he fell on Elephant Man ("PUTA! WHORE! MERDE!). I made the offhand comment that if his grandpa had displayed that sort of unchecked aggression, Hitler never would have been able to invade. Tuphar?

Was cold and had not climbed for like 2 hrs by this point, but got on Teh Force and wound up falling at the anchors. FAILZ. Was psyched, and thought that we could come back on Sunday and I would fire it, no prob.

Unfortunately, it turns out that 3 guys alone in a cabin with tons of beer and climbing videos results in mass drinking, and we were all hung over as fuck the next morning, Seriously, I have not had to use this excuse for quite a while, but it was legit.

Went back to Brightside on Sunday, all of us groggy. Shaun broke a hold on the warmup and fell. Then the crowds started showing up there. Piss. Shaun managed to send Dog Bites in a Hail Mary. I got on it, just to complete my warmup, and surprised everyone by flashing up to the last bolt before punting off on a slimper that I misread. Wasn't even pumped, thanks to the ample rest areas on the route (Jack Shitz Pantz in disgust).

We then went over to the Darkside, which was DESERTED, and in perfect temps and conditions. Time to zend teh Force. Didn't. Punted off the top, then next go punted off the lower crux, then last go punted off below the lower crux. I even screamed in French on the last go, it was so pathetic. Ben got worked on Elephant Man until his pads were bleeding, and Shaun kept falling lower and lower on Mind Meld.

Basically, we all sucked. Still, gud times. Forecast looks tits for the NRG next weekend.

weke and pathetic! But i will make sure to give Brightside another try. What was the warmup that you liked?

And if you are going for excuses, blame Ben for getting you guys wasted. he is a really nice guy, he would understand.

Partner camhead

Nov 5, 2012, 3:24 PM
Post #94014 of 105309 (7002 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

weke and pathetic! But i will make sure to give Brightside another try. What was the warmup that you liked?

And if you are going for excuses, blame Ben for getting you guys wasted. he is a really nice guy, he would understand.

Oh, I totally blame Ben. Shaun and I brought the regular sixer of pibbers for the whole weakend, which would not have been that bad. But Ben decided to ick it up a notch with some fancy 10% alcohol ale that just trashed us. In the morning, my gatorade bottle full of the finest vintage box wine was alsoempty, too. Not sure how that happened.

Is it sexist that we decided if any females had been there, we would not have drinked as much?

Partner camhead

Nov 5, 2012, 3:26 PM
Post #94015 of 105309 (7001 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh, & the 11c was Crown of Thorns. Insanely good, like in the same league (and style) as Banshee. You would probably complain that it is reachy, though, hehe.

lena_chita

Nov 5, 2012, 3:50 PM
Post #94016 of 105309 (6994 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

Oh, I totally blame Ben. Shaun and I brought the regular sixer of pibbers for the whole weakend, which would not have been that bad. But Ben decided to ick it up a notch with some fancy 10% alcohol ale that just trashed us. In the morning, my gatorade bottle full of the finest vintage box wine was alsoempty, too. Not sure how that happened.

Is it sexist that we decided if any females had been there, we would not have drinked as much?

What i first wrote and erased was the following :

"sigh, without a woman there to moderate your alcohol consumption, you guys just don't know when to stop, do you?"

I guess I am guilty of the same sexism.

lena_chita

Nov 5, 2012, 3:57 PM
Post #94017 of 105309 (6991 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Oh, & the 11c was Crown of Thorns. Insanely good, like in the same league (and style) as Banshee. You would probably complain that it is reachy, though, hehe.

I do not recall complaining that Banshee was reachy! Both C. and I were complaining that hat one BOLT PLACEMENT on Banshee was effed-up reachy, but not the route itself.

That's what usually get me riled up. Rock is rock, if a move is reachy -- oh well, I'll figure out a way around it, or climb something else. But a bolt placement is a different story!

Anyway, the summary is, your facts don't fit my story!

Partner camhead

Nov 5, 2012, 3:59 PM
Post #94018 of 105309 (6990 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

I do not recall complaining that Banshee was reachy! Both C. and I were complaining that hat one BOLT PLACEMENT on Banshee was effed-up reachy, but not the route itself.

That's what usually get me riled up. Rock is rock, if a move is reachy -- oh well, I'll figure out a way around it, or climb something else. But a bolt placement is a different story!

Anyway, the summary is, your facts don't fit my story!

well, you should get on Crown of Thorns this wknd and let me know if you think it is reachy. It is super good, and a really nice addition to the Solar Collector lineup; harder than Greenhorn and all those, but easier than Buddha Hole.

granite_grrl

Nov 5, 2012, 4:16 PM
Post #94019 of 105309 (6985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Nathan and I just went to to the old train bridge and scritched it up this weekend. I complained about the cold, Nathan laughed at me (while it really wasn't cold in the grand scheme of things it still seemed pretty cold compared to rock season).

Nathan is off to the Rockies next week so I took the cat back to Owen Sound with me. He sat in my lap the entire time, which was annoying. He also barfed all over the passenger seat (and while I was thankful it wasn't in my lap, I'm still not pleased that my car smells like cat puke).

Hopefully the cat will be happy. My apartment is still blazing warm so he'll like that. I just have to make sure I can open the windows at night without him escaping.

snoopy138

Nov 5, 2012, 5:08 PM
Post #94020 of 105309 (6974 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

NWS has something about another coastal storm hitting the east coast in the next couple days. May soak yore NRG again?

snoopy138

Nov 5, 2012, 5:10 PM
Post #94021 of 105309 (6973 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

did not climb this weke end. did some biking, a lot of werking.

snoopy138

Nov 5, 2012, 5:11 PM
Post #94022 of 105309 (6972 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

also, the fourkast is for high 80s today. what the fuck?

lena_chita

Nov 5, 2012, 6:38 PM
Post #94023 of 105309 (6962 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:

NWS has something about another coastal storm hitting the east coast in the next couple days. May soak yore NRG again?

Camhead never needs help soaking anything. But you need to shut up about coastal storms, too.

tripperjm

Nov 5, 2012, 8:16 PM
Post #94024 of 105309 (6953 views)
Shortcut

I get high off yore sick jokes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So after several wekes ov semi large crews.... it wus nice to have a quiet day in teh hole, just C-ya and myself on Sat. Perfect temps, didn't see another soul teh entire day... just teh way I likes it. Kinda reminded me, teh way it used to be and ov awl teh reasons I likes hiding owt in shitholes away from everywon.

Course.... that wus then.

On Sun, when had teh jiant crew... and they just kept cumming. Buy noon there were more than 20 climbers awl yacking it up and such. I just put teh head phones in and burned it down, trying to pretend they didn't exist.

Still, I liked eveywon that wus there, I just wish they didn't awl have to show up on teh same day.... and that they didn't awl have to talk so much.

At won poynt teh young strong manboyz wunted to yack me up. They said they have been going to sum ov my older difficult roots in established areas. Said they spent teh entire yesterday trying ********. They each tried it several tymes and said it wus pretty hard and that none ov them cood due it.... and wondered ifs it wus a sandbag.

Luckly it wus just a gentle nunge... on teh owtside ov my shorts, knot a full on reach into teh pants ball cupping. Still it wus nice to be reminded that I wus young once.... a long tyme ago, withowt having to worry about whether or knot, I had shaved my balls that morning.

oh and I almost fergot...

[spray alert] I managed to get up sumthin this past weekend [/spray alert]

caughtinside

Nov 5, 2012, 9:52 PM
Post #94025 of 105309 (6935 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] I get high off yore sick jokes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

noice.

mid 80s up here today too. I was hoping to get to the NTSA Sunday and bag teh FA of a new route, Sauvignon Choss, but I was 0-6 on my calls for partners. So I rode 50 miles on hwy 1 and then drank a few sunset beers at the Ritz carlton patio. Got up and got some really nice surf before works today.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3757 3758 3759 3760 3761 3762 3763 3764 3765 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook