Nov 13, 2012, 6:21 AM
Post #1 of 6 (653 views)
Shortcut

Sign of the times
Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.cnn.com/...index.html?hpt=hp_t2

In reply to:
The former governor's team hasn't been doing much on social media lately to persuade people to stick around. After a flurry of activity leading up to the election, his official Facebook and Twitter accounts went silent for four days afterward. On Saturday, the campaign finally posted a photo of a sad-looking Romney with the message, "From the bottom of our hearts, Ann and I thank you for your support, prayers, efforts and vote. We are forever grateful to every one of you."

and my other favorite

In reply to:
One explanation is that the staffers who manage these accounts either move on or are typically given new responsibilities after an election. It's unlikely that Obama or Romney were posting to Facebook and Twitter very often themselves.

Partner macherry

Nov 13, 2012, 12:00 PM
Post #2 of 6 (615 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] Sign of the times [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:

In reply to:
The former governor's team hasn't been doing much on social media lately to persuade people to stick around. After a flurry of activity leading up to the election, his official Facebook and Twitter accounts went silent for four days afterward. On Saturday, the campaign finally posted a photo of a sad-looking Romney with the message, "From the bottom of our hearts, Ann and I thank you for your support, prayers, efforts and vote. We are forever grateful to every one of you."

and my other favorite

In reply to:
One explanation is that the staffers who manage these accounts either move on or are typically given new responsibilities after an election. It's unlikely that Obama or Romney were posting to Facebook and Twitter very often themselves.

i can't remember where i read it, but romney cancelled credit cards of aides minutes after the loss. no cash, no work!!

Partner rrrADAM

Nov 13, 2012, 12:25 PM
Post #3 of 6 (608 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Sign of the times [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:

In reply to:

and my other favorite

In reply to:

i can't remember where i read it, but romney cancelled credit cards of aides minutes after the loss. no cash, no work!!

Business, Man Wink

veganclimber

Nov 13, 2012, 5:33 PM
Post #4 of 6 (582 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Sign of the times [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:

In reply to:

and my other favorite

In reply to:

I read about this too. A lot of them only found out when they tried to use the cards to pay the cab fare after going home.

Partner rrrADAM

Nov 14, 2012, 4:03 AM
Post #5 of 6 (566 views)
Shortcut

Re: [veganclimber] Sign of the times [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

veganclimber wrote:
macherry wrote:

In reply to:

and my other favorite

In reply to:

I read about this too. A lot of them only found out when they tried to use the cards to pay the cab fare after going home.

scrapedape

Nov 16, 2012, 1:06 PM
Post #6 of 6 (506 views)
Shortcut

Re: [veganclimber] Sign of the times [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

veganclimber wrote:
macherry wrote:

Here's a link to a story about it:

http://www.ibtimes.com/...-credit-cards-869440

I have no idea about the credibility of the source, although they appear to have used words incorrectly in at least two places.

For example:

In reply to:
Garrett Haake on NBC News-First Read blog detailed the dissembling process of Romney/Ryan campaign soon after Romney’s concession speech

Or maybe they did mean to use that word after all Laugh

In reply to:
dis·sem·ble
[dih-sem-buhl] Show IPA verb, dis·sem·bled, dis·sem·bling.
verb (used with object)
to give a false or misleading appearance to; conceal the truth or real nature of: to dissemble one's incompetence in business.

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$53.96 (10% off)
$12.56 (10% off)
$62.06 (10% off)
$120.02 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook