Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Halljt3

Nov 13, 2012, 4:01 AM
Post #1 of 57 (31096 views)
Shortcut

Climb X nuts?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

My gym recently had a event to support a local climber who has Leukemia. There was a raffle in which i won a set of Climb X nuts. Anyone have any experience with this brand? Couldn't really find any review / info... Either way support a good cause / win some free gear win win situation! Thanks

bearbreeder

Nov 13, 2012, 4:22 AM
Post #2 of 57 (31085 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Halljt3] Climb X nuts? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ya cant go wrong with free nutz Wink

from the pics they look like a basic set like the huevo or old BD ones ... id expect them to work just fine

USnavy

Nov 13, 2012, 10:02 AM
Post #3 of 57 (31034 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

Halljt3 wrote:
My gym recently had a event to support a local climber who has Leukemia. There was a raffle in which i won a set of Climb X nuts. Anyone have any experience with this brand? Couldn't really find any review / info... Either way support a good cause / win some free gear win win situation! Thanks
Yep, they are a disgrace. Climb X is a knock off of Mad Rock. The owner of Climb X used to work for Mad Rock. While working there he committed espionage and stole a company computer containing sensitive product development information. He then used his existing knowledge and the data on that computer to completely copy Mad Rock's entire product line. Mad Rock sued Climb X and of course got a settlement. Or at least that is what they say. The only thing that is truly clear is that the owner of Climb X is a very shady and dishonest person. Every person I know that knows the owner of Climb X has had nothing but bad things to say. Dont buy product from Climb X, you are supporting a very shady company.

(This post was edited by USnavy on Nov 13, 2012, 10:04 AM)

healyje

Nov 13, 2012, 10:17 AM
Post #4 of 57 (31028 views)
Shortcut

Re: [USnavy] Climb X nuts? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
Yep, they are a disgrace. Climb X is a knock off of Mad Rock. The owner of Climb X used to work for Mad Rock. While working there he committed espionage and stole a company computer containing sensitive product development information. He then used his existing knowledge and the data on that computer to completely copy Mad Rock's entire product line. Mad Rock sued Climb X and of course got a settlement. Or at least that is what they say. The only thing that is truly clear is that the owner of Climb X is a very shady and dishonest person. Every person I know that knows the owner of Climb X has had nothing but bad things to say. Dont buy product from Climb X, you are supporting a very shady company.

Dude, that's like saying the CIA ripped off the KGB.

USnavy

Nov 13, 2012, 2:05 PM
Post #5 of 57 (30991 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by USnavy [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  

theextremist04

Nov 13, 2012, 8:51 PM
Post #6 of 57 (30918 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
Halljt3 wrote:
1) the OP didn't buy them
2) he just asked how good the nuts were. I'm sure they work just fine.

healyje

Nov 13, 2012, 10:39 PM
Post #7 of 57 (30886 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

All this goes back way before Madrock on both sides of things. This all goes back decades and the fact these two parties are at odds doesn't make either one of them people I'd do business with.

maldaly

Nov 14, 2012, 2:50 AM
Post #8 of 57 (30829 views)
Shortcut

Re: [healyje] Climb X nuts? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm staying out of this.

Halljt3

Nov 14, 2012, 5:18 AM
Post #9 of 57 (30798 views)
Shortcut

Re: [maldaly] Climb X nuts? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well... I doubt anyone who actually owns anything from Climb X will post on this thread for fear of internet persecution! O well, figured I would ask anyways. They look decent.... I will give them a go this weekend.

guangzhou

Nov 14, 2012, 9:13 AM
Post #10 of 57 (30773 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Halljt3 wrote:
Well... I doubt anyone who actually owns anything from Climb X will post on this thread for fear of internet persecution! O well, figured I would ask anyways. They look decent.... I will give them a go this weekend.

I own Climb X gear.

If you place them correctly, you'll be fine.

The rest of the conversation, I'll stay out of too.

gosharks

Nov 14, 2012, 11:48 AM
Post #11 of 57 (30753 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

healyje wrote:
All this goes back way before Madrock on both sides of things. This all goes back decades and the fact these two parties are at odds doesn't make either one of them people I'd do business with.
Madrock never pulled this though:
http://climbxgear.com/...autobelaydevice.aspx

sbaclimber

Nov 14, 2012, 12:27 PM
Post #12 of 57 (30743 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gosharks] Climb X nuts? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

gosharks wrote:
healyje wrote:
...your point being?

(This post was edited by sbaclimber on Nov 14, 2012, 12:29 PM)

Gmburns2000

Nov 14, 2012, 12:37 PM
Post #13 of 57 (30735 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sbaclimber] Climb X nuts? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sbaclimber wrote:
gosharks wrote:
healyje wrote:
...your point being?

I think he's trying to say it looks oddly similar to another very popular product on the market, albeit definitely not made by madrock.

I'm not sure what the point is either, unless he's saying it's only a matter of time before petzl goes postal on them.

sbaclimber

Nov 14, 2012, 12:43 PM
Post #14 of 57 (30730 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Climb X nuts? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
sbaclimber wrote:
gosharks wrote:
healyje wrote:
...your point being?

I think he's trying to say it looks oddly similar to another very popular product on the market, albeit definitely not made by madrock.
That was obvious. Wink

Gmburns2000 wrote:
I'm not sure what the point is either, unless he's saying it's only a matter of time before petzl goes postal on them.
Exactly. That particular point is moot.

Hint: that would be like saying that BD is going to go postal on DMM for producing the Dragon Cams.

(This post was edited by sbaclimber on Nov 14, 2012, 12:45 PM)

Gmburns2000

Nov 14, 2012, 12:53 PM
Post #15 of 57 (30722 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sbaclimber wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
sbaclimber wrote:
gosharks wrote:
healyje wrote:
...your point being?

That was obvious. Wink

Gmburns2000 wrote:

Hint: that would be like saying that BD is going to go postal on DMM for producing the Dragon Cams.

Yeah. I would have thought that petzl would have seen this a long time ago.

sbaclimber

Nov 14, 2012, 12:57 PM
Post #16 of 57 (30718 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Climb X nuts? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
sbaclimber wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
sbaclimber wrote:
gosharks wrote:
healyje wrote:
...your point being?

That was obvious. Wink

Gmburns2000 wrote:

Yeah. I would have thought that petzl would have seen this a long time ago.
I am sure they did....just like I am sure BD knew that DMM was going to *copy* the camalots as soon as they were allowed to.
....still moot.

(This post was edited by sbaclimber on Nov 14, 2012, 12:58 PM)

guangzhou

Nov 14, 2012, 1:09 PM
Post #17 of 57 (30703 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

On the same note, the same year the patent is up on the grigri, the Gri Gri 2 gets released. Go figure.

sbaclimber

Nov 14, 2012, 1:16 PM
Post #18 of 57 (30700 views)
Shortcut

Re: [guangzhou] Climb X nuts? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

guangzhou wrote:
On the same note, the same year the patent is up on the grigri, the Gri Gri 2 gets released. Go figure.
Bingo!Smile

JimTitt

Nov 14, 2012, 2:30 PM
Post #19 of 57 (30670 views)
Shortcut

Re: [guangzhou] Climb X nuts? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

guangzhou wrote:

Quite so, not Petzlīs finest hour if you ask me. The older Grigri is still the tool of choice for a lot of climbers including me and dropping it from production only opened the gate to any other manufacturer to straight copy, Petzl canīt claim any IP rights as they donīt make them any more.

USnavy

Nov 14, 2012, 10:50 PM
Post #20 of 57 (30561 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

healyje

Nov 14, 2012, 11:05 PM
Post #21 of 57 (30553 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
It seems Climb X has reached a new low. Not only are they steeling ideas from Mad Rock, but apparently now Petzl too. What a joke...Crazy

You seem to be under the entirely mistaken impression that this is somehow new behavior or behavior exhibited by only one of these two parties. You clearly haven't been following along.

bearbreeder

Nov 14, 2012, 11:55 PM
Post #22 of 57 (30534 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I take it you bash totem as wellWink

USnavy

Nov 15, 2012, 5:24 AM
Post #23 of 57 (30488 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

healyje

Nov 15, 2012, 6:48 AM
Post #24 of 57 (30477 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
healyje wrote:
USnavy wrote:
It seems Climb X has reached a new low. Not only are they steeling ideas from Mad Rock, but apparently now Petzl too. What a joke...Crazy

You seem to be under the entirely mistaken impression that this is somehow new behavior or behavior exhibited by only one of these two parties. You clearly haven't been following along.
I have been following along, and I am aware that companies like DMM have ripped off designes from other companies like Black Diamond. But there is a big difference between taking a design and improving or modifying it and simply copying an entire product line. Climb X is not taking one product and improving on it, they are simply making cookie cutter replicas for every product they sell - big difference. They are the only "company" in the industry that has a 100% all fake and copied product line. No other company rips off more designs than they do.

You're still operating under the delusion that behavior isn't common to both parties when it's really more just a divorce of a very like-minded couple.

Khoi

Nov 15, 2012, 11:54 PM
Post #25 of 57 (30358 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

healyje wrote:
USnavy wrote:
healyje wrote:
USnavy wrote:

I have been following along, and I am aware that companies like DMM have ripped off designes from other companies like Black Diamond. But there is a big difference between taking a design and improving or modifying it and simply copying an entire product line. Climb X is not taking one product and improving on it, they are simply making cookie cutter replicas for every product they sell - big difference. They are the only "company" in the industry that has a 100% all fake and copied product line. No other company rips off more designs than they do.

You're still operating under the delusion that behavior isn't common to both parties when it's really more just a divorce of a very like-minded couple.

I am insufficiently informed.

What has Mad Rock straight up copied?

Please educate me.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook