Forums: Community: The Soap Box:
let us vote
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Soap Box

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All


pinktricam


Nov 15, 2012, 1:08 PM
Post #26 of 55 (1464 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 7947

Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:
I'll duck in here and interject;

This is the future. The Republicans are going to have to re-think their entire strategy. "Under-educated white males and their unfortunate spouses" is not a demographic that can sustain a political party in 21st century America.

Republicans more knowledgeable, better educated than Democrats


Partner rrrADAM


Nov 15, 2012, 1:37 PM
Post #27 of 55 (1459 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 19, 1999
Posts: 17543

Re: [pinktricam] Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
traddad wrote:
I'll duck in here and interject;

This is the future. The Republicans are going to have to re-think their entire strategy. "Under-educated white males and their unfortunate spouses" is not a demographic that can sustain a political party in 21st century America.

Republicans more knowledgeable, better educated than Democrats

That's why Dems tend to dominate ALL the major Universities, both staff and alumni? Not to mention centers of high technology, medicine and other reserach too?

Seems to fly in the face of what you "wanna" believe when all the areas where people with higher education tend to be are very blue, huh? Perhaps "finance" is one area where Red may be represented well... Can you name some other areas, Eric?


pinktricam


Nov 15, 2012, 1:51 PM
Post #28 of 55 (1455 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 7947

Re: [rrrADAM] Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rrrADAM wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
traddad wrote:
I'll duck in here and interject;

This is the future. The Republicans are going to have to re-think their entire strategy. "Under-educated white males and their unfortunate spouses" is not a demographic that can sustain a political party in 21st century America.

Republicans more knowledgeable, better educated than Democrats

That's why Dems tend to dominate ALL the major Universities, both staff and alumni? Not to mention centers of high technology, medicine and other reserach too?

Seems to fly in the face of what you "wanna" believe when all the areas where people with higher education tend to be are very blue, huh? Perhaps "finance" is one area where Red may be represented well... Can you name some other areas, Eric?

You mean besides common sense?


dr_feelgood


Nov 15, 2012, 2:55 PM
Post #29 of 55 (1441 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25628

Re: [pinktricam] Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
traddad wrote:
I'll duck in here and interject;

This is the future. The Republicans are going to have to re-think their entire strategy. "Under-educated white males and their unfortunate spouses" is not a demographic that can sustain a political party in 21st century America.

Republicans more knowledgeable, better educated than Democrats

That's why Dems tend to dominate ALL the major Universities, both staff and alumni? Not to mention centers of high technology, medicine and other reserach too?

Seems to fly in the face of what you "wanna" believe when all the areas where people with higher education tend to be are very blue, huh? Perhaps "finance" is one area where Red may be represented well... Can you name some other areas, Eric?

You mean besides common sense?
There is a link on the site to the Pew's quiz. Aside from what I perceived as a bit of partisan bias in the first several questions, it was rather easy. I scored 11/11 and am definitely not a conservative.


dr_feelgood


Nov 15, 2012, 2:56 PM
Post #30 of 55 (1440 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25628

Re: [dr_feelgood] Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
traddad wrote:
I'll duck in here and interject;

This is the future. The Republicans are going to have to re-think their entire strategy. "Under-educated white males and their unfortunate spouses" is not a demographic that can sustain a political party in 21st century America.

Republicans more knowledgeable, better educated than Democrats

That's why Dems tend to dominate ALL the major Universities, both staff and alumni? Not to mention centers of high technology, medicine and other reserach too?

Seems to fly in the face of what you "wanna" believe when all the areas where people with higher education tend to be are very blue, huh? Perhaps "finance" is one area where Red may be represented well... Can you name some other areas, Eric?

You mean besides common sense?
There is a link on the site to the Pew's quiz. Aside from what I perceived as a bit of partisan bias in the first several questions, it was rather easy. I scored 11/11 and am definitely not a conservative.
It also dealt solely with current events and politics. I'm imagining that if you used questions outside of the political arena, the scores would reflect differently. Remember, there are lies, damn lies, and statistics.


veganclimber


Nov 15, 2012, 5:40 PM
Post #31 of 55 (1426 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 17, 2005
Posts: 2775

Re: [pinktricam] Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
traddad wrote:
I'll duck in here and interject;

This is the future. The Republicans are going to have to re-think their entire strategy. "Under-educated white males and their unfortunate spouses" is not a demographic that can sustain a political party in 21st century America.

Republicans more knowledgeable, better educated than Democrats

I've never seen that site before. Is it the conservatives attempt to create something like the Onion?


veganclimber


Nov 15, 2012, 5:44 PM
Post #32 of 55 (1425 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 17, 2005
Posts: 2775

Re: [dr_feelgood] Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
traddad wrote:
I'll duck in here and interject;

This is the future. The Republicans are going to have to re-think their entire strategy. "Under-educated white males and their unfortunate spouses" is not a demographic that can sustain a political party in 21st century America.

Republicans more knowledgeable, better educated than Democrats

That's why Dems tend to dominate ALL the major Universities, both staff and alumni? Not to mention centers of high technology, medicine and other reserach too?

Seems to fly in the face of what you "wanna" believe when all the areas where people with higher education tend to be are very blue, huh? Perhaps "finance" is one area where Red may be represented well... Can you name some other areas, Eric?

You mean besides common sense?
There is a link on the site to the Pew's quiz. Aside from what I perceived as a bit of partisan bias in the first several questions, it was rather easy. I scored 11/11 and am definitely not a conservative.

I don't know if I'd say it was easy. I was stumped on the first question.

In reply to:
Which presidential candidate is PRO-LIFE, that is, supports restricting access to abortion in most cases?

Obama
Romney
Both
Neither

I had to check the date of the quiz and see what Romney's position was at that time.


pinktricam


Nov 15, 2012, 6:15 PM
Post #33 of 55 (1415 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 7947

Re: [veganclimber] Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

veganclimber wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
traddad wrote:
I'll duck in here and interject;

This is the future. The Republicans are going to have to re-think their entire strategy. "Under-educated white males and their unfortunate spouses" is not a demographic that can sustain a political party in 21st century America.

Republicans more knowledgeable, better educated than Democrats

I've never seen that site before. Is it the conservatives attempt to create something like the Onion?

Um, what about the Pew site, have you seen that one before?

It's generally been considered one of those left-of-center survey sites.


ubu


Nov 15, 2012, 6:32 PM
Post #34 of 55 (1409 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 17, 2008
Posts: 1476

Re: [veganclimber] Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

veganclimber wrote:
I don't know if I'd say it was easy. I was stumped on the first question.

In reply to:
Which presidential candidate is PRO-LIFE, that is, supports restricting access to abortion in most cases?

Obama
Romney
Both
Neither

I had to check the date of the quiz and see what Romney's position was at that time.

Nice Laugh


veganclimber


Nov 15, 2012, 8:26 PM
Post #35 of 55 (1403 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 17, 2005
Posts: 2775

Re: [pinktricam] Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
veganclimber wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
traddad wrote:
I'll duck in here and interject;

This is the future. The Republicans are going to have to re-think their entire strategy. "Under-educated white males and their unfortunate spouses" is not a demographic that can sustain a political party in 21st century America.

Republicans more knowledgeable, better educated than Democrats

I've never seen that site before. Is it the conservatives attempt to create something like the Onion?

Um, what about the Pew site, have you seen that one before?

It's generally been considered one of those left-of-center survey sites.

Yea, I've heard of the Pew site. I don't see what that has to do with the site you linked though.


pinktricam


Nov 15, 2012, 11:24 PM
Post #36 of 55 (1399 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 7947

Re: [veganclimber] Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

veganclimber wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
veganclimber wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
traddad wrote:
I'll duck in here and interject;

This is the future. The Republicans are going to have to re-think their entire strategy. "Under-educated white males and their unfortunate spouses" is not a demographic that can sustain a political party in 21st century America.

Republicans more knowledgeable, better educated than Democrats

I've never seen that site before. Is it the conservatives attempt to create something like the Onion?

Um, what about the Pew site, have you seen that one before?

It's generally been considered one of those left-of-center survey sites.

Yea, I've heard of the Pew site. I don't see what that has to do with the site you linked though.

You mean aside from the fact that it cited Pew's statistics?


veganclimber


Nov 16, 2012, 1:09 AM
Post #37 of 55 (1391 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 17, 2005
Posts: 2775

Re: [pinktricam] Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
veganclimber wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
veganclimber wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
traddad wrote:
I'll duck in here and interject;

This is the future. The Republicans are going to have to re-think their entire strategy. "Under-educated white males and their unfortunate spouses" is not a demographic that can sustain a political party in 21st century America.

Republicans more knowledgeable, better educated than Democrats

I've never seen that site before. Is it the conservatives attempt to create something like the Onion?

Um, what about the Pew site, have you seen that one before?

It's generally been considered one of those left-of-center survey sites.

Yea, I've heard of the Pew site. I don't see what that has to do with the site you linked though.

You mean aside from the fact that it cited Pew's statistics?

The statistics aren't the issue. It's the moronic conclusions they drew from them.


pinktricam


Nov 16, 2012, 1:28 AM
Post #38 of 55 (1390 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 7947

Re: [veganclimber] Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

veganclimber wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
veganclimber wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
veganclimber wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
traddad wrote:
I'll duck in here and interject;

This is the future. The Republicans are going to have to re-think their entire strategy. "Under-educated white males and their unfortunate spouses" is not a demographic that can sustain a political party in 21st century America.

Republicans more knowledgeable, better educated than Democrats

I've never seen that site before. Is it the conservatives attempt to create something like the Onion?

Um, what about the Pew site, have you seen that one before?

It's generally been considered one of those left-of-center survey sites.

Yea, I've heard of the Pew site. I don't see what that has to do with the site you linked though.

You mean aside from the fact that it cited Pew's statistics?

The statistics aren't the issue. It's the moronic conclusions they drew from them.

I agree, the statistics aren't the issue. From here and much to their credit, they're actually pretty spot on for being a liberal-leaning organization.

But would you please cite something that you feel is a "moronic conclusion"?


Partner rrrADAM


Nov 16, 2012, 1:52 AM
Post #39 of 55 (1384 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 19, 1999
Posts: 17543

Re: [pinktricam] Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
But would you please cite something that you feel is a "moronic conclusion"?

Oh, I know... I know...

Many of the things that you are 'certain' of?


camhead


Nov 16, 2012, 8:01 AM
Post #40 of 55 (1366 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20656

Re: [pinktricam] Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
traddad wrote:
I'll duck in here and interject;

This is the future. The Republicans are going to have to re-think their entire strategy. "Under-educated white males and their unfortunate spouses" is not a demographic that can sustain a political party in 21st century America.

Republicans more knowledgeable, better educated than Democrats

That's why Dems tend to dominate ALL the major Universities, both staff and alumni? Not to mention centers of high technology, medicine and other reserach too?

Seems to fly in the face of what you "wanna" believe when all the areas where people with higher education tend to be are very blue, huh? Perhaps "finance" is one area where Red may be represented well... Can you name some other areas, Eric?

You mean besides common sense?

I don't think that anyone who believes in large white bearded men in the sky who are all-powerful but like to constantly meddle in human affairs should be allowed to use the phrase "common sense."


camhead


Nov 16, 2012, 8:04 AM
Post #41 of 55 (1362 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20656

Re: [camhead] Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Pinkie, I've got a serious question:

Who is the better Christian: Romney or Obama? Give me detailed theological reasons to explain your answer.


veganclimber


Nov 16, 2012, 9:06 AM
Post #42 of 55 (1349 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 17, 2005
Posts: 2775

Re: [pinktricam] Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
But would you please cite something that you feel is a "moronic conclusion"?

How about the title "Republicans more knowledgeable, better educated than Democrats" for starters. Basically,
any conclusion that you draw from that quiz, other than that republicans are more likely to be informed on current events. That says absolutely nothing about education or intelligence. A moron that listens to Rush all day would probably do well on that quiz.

It's kind of amusing how proud the author was that his group did better. I guess it's not surprising when you see this:

Democrats = Progressives = Socialists = Commies = Stupid

above the paper.


Partner rrrADAM


Nov 16, 2012, 9:31 AM
Post #43 of 55 (1343 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 19, 1999
Posts: 17543

Re: [camhead] Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Hey Pinkie, I've got a serious question:

Who is the better Christian: Romney or Obama? Give me detailed theological reasons to explain your answer.


Pinkie is predicatble enough that I can predecit with 100% certainty that he will NOT give you a detailed reply, and most likely will not even reply at all.


traddad


Nov 16, 2012, 10:01 AM
Post #44 of 55 (1335 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2001
Posts: 7129

Re: [rrrADAM] Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rrrADAM wrote:
camhead wrote:
Hey Pinkie, I've got a serious question:

Who is the better Christian: Romney or Obama? Give me detailed theological reasons to explain your answer.


Pinkie is predicatble enough that I can predecit with 100% certainty that he will NOT give you a detailed reply, and most likely will not even reply at all.

That's 'cause he has his fingers in his ears screeching "La La La..."


Partner rrrADAM


Nov 16, 2012, 10:52 AM
Post #45 of 55 (1330 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 19, 1999
Posts: 17543

Re: [traddad] Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:
camhead wrote:
Hey Pinkie, I've got a serious question:

Who is the better Christian: Romney or Obama? Give me detailed theological reasons to explain your answer.


Pinkie is predicatble enough that I can predecit with 100% certainty that he will NOT give you a detailed reply, and most likely will not even reply at all.

That's 'cause he has his fingers in his ears screeching "La La La..."

Nope... It's because what he confidently believes is nebulous and indistinct... He will not reply, because he cannot reply in a detailed manner to such things... It'd be like trying to make a wisp of smoke into something substancial and solid.


camhead


Nov 16, 2012, 11:30 AM
Post #46 of 55 (1322 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20656

Re: [rrrADAM] Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rrrADAM wrote:
traddad wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:
camhead wrote:
Hey Pinkie, I've got a serious question:

Who is the better Christian: Romney or Obama? Give me detailed theological reasons to explain your answer.


Pinkie is predicatble enough that I can predecit with 100% certainty that he will NOT give you a detailed reply, and most likely will not even reply at all.

That's 'cause he has his fingers in his ears screeching "La La La..."

Nope... It's because what he confidently believes is nebulous and indistinct... He will not reply, because he cannot reply in a detailed manner to such things... It'd be like trying to make a wisp of smoke into something substancial and solid.

I just want to know what Pinkie thinks of the fact that, say, Billy Graham removed all references to Mormonism as a "cult" on his website.

This either means that:

a) politics are more important than religion in this case, or that (more likely)

b) one can be a better Christian by focusing on opposing abortion, gay marriage, and setting up a financial system that first and foremost caters to the wealthy, then by trying to help the poor, the sick, and disadvantaged.

Or, as a bumper sticker I saw recently said, "Obama is not a brown-skinned Arab who wants to give everyone free health care. That's Jesus."


Partner rrrADAM


Nov 16, 2012, 11:37 AM
Post #47 of 55 (1321 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 19, 1999
Posts: 17543

Re: [camhead] Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Nice bumper sticker. Laugh


(This post was edited by rrrADAM on Nov 16, 2012, 11:37 AM)


petsfed


Nov 16, 2012, 12:15 PM
Post #48 of 55 (1313 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 24, 2002
Posts: 8585

Re: [rrrADAM] Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rrrADAM wrote:
It'd be like trying to make a wisp of smoke into something substancial and solid.

While not likely, 'tis a poor physicist who discounts the possibility...

Alternately, you're suggesting we throw pinky in a freezer? That's

cold

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!


(This post was edited by petsfed on Nov 16, 2012, 12:57 PM)


Partner rrrADAM


Nov 16, 2012, 12:35 PM
Post #49 of 55 (1302 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 19, 1999
Posts: 17543

Re: [petsfed] Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Smoke, not vapor, Brian. Wink

Can't see the pic... Dang work filter. Unsure


(This post was edited by rrrADAM on Nov 16, 2012, 12:39 PM)


petsfed


Nov 16, 2012, 12:54 PM
Post #50 of 55 (1292 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 24, 2002
Posts: 8585

Re: [rrrADAM] Psst, hey stupid... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

got busted on my end too. Hang on.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$1.35 (10% off)
$62.96 (10% off)
$7.42 (10% off)
$53.96 (10% off)



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook