Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3764 3765 3766 3767 3768 3769 3770 3771 3772 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

snoopy138

Nov 15, 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #94176 of 105309 (4386 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
Heh, this just popped up on a friend's facespace:

http://climbxgear.com/...autobelaydevice.aspx

Screenshot in case they change it:
[image]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-_AwICmITzkE/UKT9ODU6DaI/AAAAAAAABcc/hruTVb1Bt1E/s656/Picture%25206.png[/image]

It's good to know that climbx gear is now excepting orders for their breaking device. Do they have other types of breaking devices, like dimpled aliens or link cams? What would be the best breaking device for raping a single rope?

so getting past teh misspellings ... is that just a straight rip off of a grigri, or is their more to it?

I think it's jsut a stright rip off.

Madrock was bad enough, but ClimbX seems to have taken it to a whole new level.

I'm going to straight rip off this PTFTW.

surprised there are no patent issues ... though maybe a grigri has been out for 20 years now?

snoopy138

Nov 15, 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #94177 of 105309 (4384 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

whoo!

granite_grrl

Nov 15, 2012, 10:57 PM
Post #94178 of 105309 (4374 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So I kinda wanted to see Cloud Atlas, looking through the local theater listings I realized that this was the last night it was going to show that movie (looks like the latest Twilight movie is going to take over).

Guess I'm going to the movies tonight!

Partner camhead

Nov 16, 2012, 12:14 AM
Post #94179 of 105309 (4366 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
So I kinda wanted to see Cloud Atlas, looking through the local theater listings I realized that this was the last night it was going to show that movie (looks like the latest Twilight movie is going to take over).

I'm so psyched on movies this fall. Saw Cloud Atlas last week, it was awesome. Going to go check out the Man with the Iron Fists tonight, which looks like cheesy fun. Then the Hobbit, then the gnu Bond flick, then Lincoln... woo!

carabiner96

Nov 16, 2012, 12:25 AM
Post #94180 of 105309 (4363 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I'm so psyched on movies this fall. Saw Cloud Atlas last week, it was awesome. Going to go check out the Man with the Iron Fists tonight, which looks like cheesy fun. Then the Hobbit, then the gnu Bond flick, then Lincoln... woo!

Gnu Bond kicked ass. Seeing movies here is twice as expensive in Stowe where we used to go about 5-6 times a month...basically we'd see every movie that came to town, no matter how bad. So all we're allowing ourselves to see in the coming weeks is Lincoln and the Hobbit. But yes, Bond kicked ass and this was the first movie he did where I thought he was sexy (all vulnerable and shit, maybe?)

tripperjm

Nov 16, 2012, 12:35 AM
Post #94181 of 105309 (4360 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:

It's good to know that climbx gear is now excepting orders for their breaking device. Do they have other types of breaking devices, like dimpled aliens or link cams? What would be the best breaking device for raping a single rope?

so getting past teh misspellings ... is that just a straight rip off of a grigri, or is their more to it?

surprised there are no patent issues ... though maybe a grigri has been out for 20 years now?

I've had a gri gri for more than 20 years... and yea it's a strate up rip off. Still I think petzl fuked up by discontinuing teh gri gri 1. While it's tru teh gri gri 2 is really nice on teh skinny ropes, 9.4 and under... If yore climbing on a 9.8 or larger werk rope teh gri gri 1 is teh go to device.

Here's a little story ewe might find interesting.

billcoe_ wrote:

story.

The strange etymology of the Gri Gri name actually shocks and embarrasses us in the discrete western world as it originates from the Penis Gourds of the West Papua Indonesia and New Guinea natives and the masturbatory practices thereoff.

Please do not be offended dear reader, and follow along with a scientific frame of mind, for these stories are meant to inform and teach, and not titulate. So stop your snickering right now please.

http://www.rhymer.net/New%20Folder/gourd1.jpg

It's true.

The male natives of the SE Asian tribal species wear penis gourds both to protect and warm the Penis and to denote social status. The longer the gourd, the higher the social status of the individual. The highest status attained comes with the translated term westerners loosely call "The Big Dick". That is the teminology applied to the chief or leader, who is seen wearing the longest, and thickest penis gourd.

The term for rubbing the Gourds is called "ghrei" which interestingly is the original root from which "Christ" is derived, which is *ghrei- or "to rub." (Contracted to *ghri-). When rubbing to pleasurable finish and completion, the islanders would call that "ghri-ghri". They had learned this word "Ghrei" from the early missionaries when the Missionaries would try and teach the islanders to restrict their frequent embarrassingly public and messy sexual urges. The Islanders mistook the intent of the wording and made it their own: applying it to the frequent rubbing of the gourd when one was without woman but thinking one should be with one.
http://www.yourdictionary.com/...d.pl?date=2003-12-25

http://www.rhymer.net/New%20Folder/gourd

A young french explorer who was also a climber had wandered through this area of Penis gourd rubbing natives, and seeing the islanders conduct the motion which they called "GhriGhri", thought it was eerily similar the the motion any western climbing young man would make while feeding rope through the belay camming device while toproping a parner who was climbing fast: which he had recently invented. It was, without question, the very same motion as performing the rubbing of the gourd. Thus was born the name "GriGri".

So the next time you pull or yank that thin cord through the GriGri, thank the Penis Gourd wearing islanders and their missionary style rubbing and count your lucky toproping gym-climbing stars your dick is swaddled in cotton and not a Gourd and you have a mechanical device to hold the rope.

carabiner96

Nov 16, 2012, 12:54 AM
Post #94182 of 105309 (4348 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Damn, I also want to see Rust and Bone as well as Killing them Softly (I lurve Ray Liotta). Gonna hafta budget...

dr_feelgood

Nov 16, 2012, 1:23 AM
Post #94183 of 105309 (4340 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:

[image]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-_AwICmITzkE/UKT9ODU6DaI/AAAAAAAABcc/hruTVb1Bt1E/s656/Picture%25206.png[/image]

I've had a gri gri for more than 20 years... and yea it's a strate up rip off. Still I think petzl fuked up by discontinuing teh gri gri 1. While it's tru teh gri gri 2 is really nice on teh skinny ropes, 9.4 and under... If yore climbing on a 9.8 or larger werk rope teh gri gri 1 is teh go to device.

billcoe_ wrote:

story.

The strange etymology of the Gri Gri name actually shocks and embarrasses us in the discrete western world as it originates from the Penis Gourds of the West Papua Indonesia and New Guinea natives and the masturbatory practices thereoff.

Please do not be offended dear reader, and follow along with a scientific frame of mind, for these stories are meant to inform and teach, and not titulate. So stop your snickering right now please.

It's true.

The male natives of the SE Asian tribal species wear penis gourds both to protect and warm the Penis and to denote social status. The longer the gourd, the higher the social status of the individual. The highest status attained comes with the translated term westerners loosely call "The Big Dick". That is the teminology applied to the chief or leader, who is seen wearing the longest, and thickest penis gourd.

The term for rubbing the Gourds is called "ghrei" which interestingly is the original root from which "Christ" is derived, which is *ghrei- or "to rub." (Contracted to *ghri-). When rubbing to pleasurable finish and completion, the islanders would call that "ghri-ghri". They had learned this word "Ghrei" from the early missionaries when the Missionaries would try and teach the islanders to restrict their frequent embarrassingly public and messy sexual urges. The Islanders mistook the intent of the wording and made it their own: applying it to the frequent rubbing of the gourd when one was without woman but thinking one should be with one.

A young french explorer who was also a climber had wandered through this area of Penis gourd rubbing natives, and seeing the islanders conduct the motion which they called "GhriGhri", thought it was eerily similar the the motion any western climbing young man would make while feeding rope through the belay camming device while toproping a parner who was climbing fast: which he had recently invented. It was, without question, the very same motion as performing the rubbing of the gourd. Thus was born the name "GriGri".

So the next time you pull or yank that thin cord through the GriGri, thank the Penis Gourd wearing islanders and their missionary style rubbing and count your lucky toproping gym-climbing stars your dick is swaddled in cotton and not a Gourd and you have a mechanical device to hold the rope.
Sweet. a new excuse for chronic masturbation. "Just... ah... using my GriGri..."

climbs4fun

Nov 16, 2012, 5:43 AM
Post #94184 of 105309 (4323 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
I think I got the jorb...werkin' for the man! Though it's not as bad as working for AIG like I have been. Plus I'll get a $1000 instant bonus that is my season's pass refund.
Vail?
Vaaaahhhhhl. I wore a suit, everyone else was in jeans. It was awesome.

not actually in vail, I assume?

They are a massive conglomerate who have built us giant fancy lodges, many high speed lifts and jacked the price of a lift ticket up to 100 bucks. I think they own half the ski hills now.

They own the ski area here too.

granite_grrl

Nov 16, 2012, 12:41 PM
Post #94185 of 105309 (4309 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Yeah, super happy I went to see Cloud Atlas.

The movie got out at 10pm last night (which is my bed time), then I talked with Nathan for a bit (who is still out in Alberta), hen went to bed. Problem is that even though I was exhausted my mind was racing thinking about the movie and how all the stories interelated....so I didn't fall asleep until almost midnight.

Was planning on going to a house warming party tonight in Toronto. I was promised the spare bedroom but I have no idea how this is going to work out. Also, I'm not sure if I'm going to know anyone there. She's invited a pile of her climber friends but it looks like I'm the only one who has confirmed to go on Facespace.

Tomorrow is my birthday so I hope I can find some fun things to do in Toronto by myself. I'm supossed to meet up with my friends Gus and Christine. Hopefully for lunch but if they're busy I'll just be picking something up from them and then be on my merry way.

Partner camhead

Nov 16, 2012, 12:55 PM
Post #94186 of 105309 (4306 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

The movie got out at 10pm last night (which is my bed time), then I talked with Nathan for a bit (who is still out in Alberta), hen went to bed. Problem is that even though I was exhausted my mind was racing thinking about the movie and how all the stories interelated....so I didn't fall asleep until almost midnight.

Was planning on going to a house warming party tonight in Toronto. I was promised the spare bedroom but I have no idea how this is going to work out. Also, I'm not sure if I'm going to know anyone there. She's invited a pile of her climber friends but it looks like I'm the only one who has confirmed to go on Facespace.

Tomorrow is my birthday so I hope I can find some fun things to do in Toronto by myself. I'm supossed to meet up with my friends Gus and Christine. Hopefully for lunch but if they're busy I'll just be picking something up from them and then be on my merry way.

Happy burfday, preemptively! Did you like Cloud Atlas?

Man with the Iron Fists was awesome. Directed by Eli Roth and RZA (from Wu Tang Clan), with a fat Russel Crowe and hawt Lucy Liu in it, and was basically a mashup of Kung Fu, western, and over-the-top bloody violence. Way fun.

Saw a trailer for the new Tarantino movie coming out this winter, something with Leonardo Decapriotated and Jamie Fox, about a black guy who fucks shit up in Reconstruation-era south. Looks fun.

Staying in this weekend for the first time since August. I think I pulled an ab (pore out some of See Eye's BLL) again, so need to take a few days off climbing before going to the RRG and crushing my last few projects eating a bunch of pie.

granite_grrl

Nov 16, 2012, 1:07 PM
Post #94187 of 105309 (4303 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Man with the Iron Fists was awesome. Directed by Eli Roth and RZA (from Wu Tang Clan), with a fat Russel Crowe and hawt Lucy Liu in it, and was basically a mashup of Kung Fu, western, and over-the-top bloody violence. Way fun.

Saw a trailer for the new Tarantino movie coming out this winter, something with Leonardo Decapriotated and Jamie Fox, about a black guy who fucks shit up in Reconstruation-era south. Looks fun.

Staying in this weekend for the first time since August. I think I pulled an ab (pore out some of See Eye's BLL) again, so need to take a few days off climbing before going to the RRG and crushing my last few projects eating a bunch of pie.

I loved the movie. When I called Nathan after he asked what it was about....talk about tough questions! In the end I told him it was the kind of movie I relly enjoyed that I would probably drag him to and he'd find weird....and it's definitly the kind of movie that would be good to watch a second time.

Next movie on my list is going to be Life of Pi...but I'm not sure if that's even playing up here (looks like a lot of movies are being bumped for that Twilight crap).

climbingtrash

Nov 16, 2012, 1:56 PM
Post #94188 of 105309 (4299 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
OK, so I wus fuking rong!

Sum ov ewe.... that pay attention, might remember that quite sum tyme ago, I wus given a gnu fancy harness.

This won vvvv

At teh tyme I thought teh thing wus way to gay fer me. Hell, teh fuking thing wus smaller than sum ov teh thongs I wear. Way to shinny and colorful fer a grumpy old man. I thought that I wood never wear teh fuking thing.

When it can tyme to gets a gnu harness, instead ov trying owt teh fancy won, I got another won ov those burnt orange wons... mostly cuz, that's whut I had been using. And it seemed to werk OK. Yea, I noes... stuck it teh past.

Course, a month ago, I kneaded another gnu harness. It wus won ov those last minute decisions on a friday afternoon. Know tyme to gets teh free won shipped. I wus even willing to pay fer won, but couldn't find won in my size localy.

Reluckitly, I pulled owt teh fancy won.

I still thought teh thing wus way to gay fer me, but really had know choise. Wear teh shiney thong and be poynted and laughted at by my friends or wear teh death trap, that I fingered wood break next tyme I fell in it.

So sat morning, I slipped it two teh shiney.

It wus like pulling on a pair ov my favorite sexy panyhose lycra... I wus instantly aroused.

Luckly, it wus still early, knowbody around cept C-ya to see me sporting wood.... cuz that wood have been pretty embarassing.

Still, teh thing is... it's like yore knot even wearing a harness. Teh leg loops stay up, even withowt teh elastic, know bunching it teh crotchural area... and it make my ass look gud.

Nau, I'm knot sure ifs I wood wear it ifs I wus gunna be hanging fer a long tyme at a belay or ifs I had to have a bunch ov those wigets and whatknot hanging oft teh loops, but fer sport wanking... It's pretty damn gud. Might knot fit as well fer sum ov ewe fat gays but ifs ewe are kinda shinny, ewe might wunt to give it a try. I'm pretty much sold on it and wood never go back to teh won I used to wear.

That is awl.

This is breaking braking news!

climbingtrash

Nov 16, 2012, 2:04 PM
Post #94189 of 105309 (4296 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

You are confused. For single rope, you need a cutting device, not breaking device. BANZ's new Piranha knife is begging to be used.

Ah, of course you need a cutting device for teh raping.

if teh device was EMO, it would cut it'self?

climbingtrash

Nov 16, 2012, 2:06 PM
Post #94190 of 105309 (4295 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
I think I got the jorb...werkin' for the man! Though it's not as bad as working for AIG like I have been. Plus I'll get a $1000 instant bonus that is my season's pass refund.
Vail?
Vaaaahhhhhl. I wore a suit, everyone else was in jeans. It was awesome.

not actually in vail, I assume?

They are a massive conglomerate who have built us giant fancy lodges, many high speed lifts and jacked the price of a lift ticket up to 100 bucks. I think they own half the ski hills now.

oh, I see. I do not follow teh skiing antitrust scene, I guess.

becuz yore doing it rong?

climbingtrash

Nov 16, 2012, 2:07 PM
Post #94191 of 105309 (4295 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:

If yore knot cheating yore knot trying?

lena_chita

Nov 16, 2012, 2:24 PM
Post #94192 of 105309 (4286 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I loved the movie. When I called Nathan after he asked what it was about....talk about tough questions! In the end I told him it was the kind of movie I relly enjoyed that I would probably drag him to and he'd find weird....and it's definitly the kind of movie that would be good to watch a second time.

Did you also tell him about pants at 100% off sale, too? That was so awesome, btw!

granite_grrl wrote:
Next movie on my list is going to be Life of Pi...but I'm not sure if that's even playing up here (looks like a lot of movies are being bumped for that Twilight crap).

I loved the book. It would be really interesting to see how they manage to convey that in a movie.

climbingtrash

Nov 16, 2012, 2:43 PM
Post #94193 of 105309 (4279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

we're going to see teh cloud atlas tonight, does that make me a racist?

granite_grrl

Nov 16, 2012, 2:45 PM
Post #94194 of 105309 (4279 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Did you also tell him about pants at 100% off sale, too? That was so awesome, btw!

granite_grrl wrote:

I loved the book. It would be really interesting to see how they manage to convey that in a movie.

That's what I'm curious about, I loved the book too but it doesn't seem like the kind of book that's made into a movie very well.

Obviously I'm also stoked for The Hobbit.

tripperjm

Nov 16, 2012, 2:47 PM
Post #94195 of 105309 (4279 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:

billcoe_ wrote:

story.

It's true.

Sweet. a new excuse for chronic masturbation. "Just... ah... using my GriGri..."

Well shitz.... I kneed teh excuse fer chronic masterbation?

Luckly fer me my sweet russian girl friends, dun't carez why I masterbate so much... just as long as they get teh chance to penetrate my shoo gooed condom and try to steal my banking info.

tripperjm

Nov 16, 2012, 2:50 PM
Post #94196 of 105309 (4279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Happy birthday G_G.

tripperjm

Nov 16, 2012, 2:54 PM
Post #94197 of 105309 (4277 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbingtrash] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingtrash wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
OK, so I wus fuking rong!

Sum ov ewe.... that pay attention, might remember that quite sum tyme ago, I wus given a gnu fancy harness.

This won vvvv

At teh tyme I thought teh thing wus way to gay fer me. Hell, teh fuking thing wus smaller than sum ov teh thongs I wear. Way to shinny and colorful fer a grumpy old man. I thought that I wood never wear teh fuking thing.

When it can tyme to gets a gnu harness, instead ov trying owt teh fancy won, I got another won ov those burnt orange wons... mostly cuz, that's whut I had been using. And it seemed to werk OK. Yea, I noes... stuck it teh past.

Course, a month ago, I kneaded another gnu harness. It wus won ov those last minute decisions on a friday afternoon. Know tyme to gets teh free won shipped. I wus even willing to pay fer won, but couldn't find won in my size localy.

Reluckitly, I pulled owt teh fancy won.

I still thought teh thing wus way to gay fer me, but really had know choise. Wear teh shiney thong and be poynted and laughted at by my friends or wear teh death trap, that I fingered wood break next tyme I fell in it.

So sat morning, I slipped it two teh shiney.

It wus like pulling on a pair ov my favorite sexy panyhose lycra... I wus instantly aroused.

Luckly, it wus still early, knowbody around cept C-ya to see me sporting wood.... cuz that wood have been pretty embarassing.

Still, teh thing is... it's like yore knot even wearing a harness. Teh leg loops stay up, even withowt teh elastic, know bunching it teh crotchural area... and it make my ass look gud.

Nau, I'm knot sure ifs I wood wear it ifs I wus gunna be hanging fer a long tyme at a belay or ifs I had to have a bunch ov those wigets and whatknot hanging oft teh loops, but fer sport wanking... It's pretty damn gud. Might knot fit as well fer sum ov ewe fat gays but ifs ewe are kinda shinny, ewe might wunt to give it a try. I'm pretty much sold on it and wood never go back to teh won I used to wear.

That is awl.

This is breaking braking news!

While I'm flattered and awl.... Please, stop stairing at my ass!

Partner camhead

Nov 16, 2012, 2:55 PM
Post #94198 of 105309 (4270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingtrash wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

we're going to see teh cloud atlas tonight, does that make me a racist?

Speaking of racist, we're discussing Uncle Tom's Cabin in one of my classes today. Strongly considering showing them this, to illustrate the "Magic Negro" trope in literature and movies.

http://vimeo.com/39116336

And yes, ewe are RACIZT!

lena_chita

Nov 16, 2012, 2:55 PM
Post #94199 of 105309 (4270 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:

billcoe_ wrote:

story.

It's true.

Well shitz.... I kneed teh excuse fer chronic masterbation?

Luckly fer me my sweet russian girl friends, dun't carez why I masterbate so much... just as long as they get teh chance to penetrate my shoo gooed condom and try to steal my banking info.

Russian mafia PMed. All this time they have been looking for your banking info WHERE? No way are they that incompetent. They just wanted you to be distracted.

Partner camhead

Nov 16, 2012, 3:00 PM
Post #94200 of 105309 (4265 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingtrash wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:

If yore knot cheating yore knot trying?

Hey, did you guys look at the sponsored athletes page for climbx? Includes luminaries like Sierra "I'm cute like Sasha but don't climb hard" Blare-Coyle, and Dave "world's most famous belayer" Yerian! Luminaries!

First page Previous page 1 ... 3764 3765 3766 3767 3768 3769 3770 3771 3772 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook