Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 ... 3766 3767 3768 3769 3770 3771 3772 3773 3774 ... 4135 Next page Last page  View All


dr_feelgood


Nov 16, 2012, 2:56 PM
Post #94226 of 103372 (903 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25818

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ptftw


dr_feelgood


Nov 16, 2012, 2:56 PM
Post #94227 of 103372 (902 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25818

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

anti-snoppy spray


dr_feelgood


Nov 16, 2012, 2:57 PM
Post #94228 of 103372 (901 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25818

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Whoo!


dr_feelgood


Nov 16, 2012, 2:58 PM
Post #94229 of 103372 (900 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25818

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I think I am at the point in the semester where my motivation is not equal to my workload.


dr_feelgood


Nov 16, 2012, 2:59 PM
Post #94230 of 103372 (899 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25818

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In other news, we're going to the creke for t-day break. I need suggestions for way radgnar must-do routes.


carabiner96


Nov 16, 2012, 3:12 PM
Post #94231 of 103372 (895 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 10, 2006
Posts: 12549

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Got the jorb, and they're paying me more than advertised! I have the next two weeks off, then I start work which has a great 4 days on three days off schedule. Good for the climbzering and the skiizering.
Gniess. Workin for the man has its benefits. Is it 4 ten hour days, or something else?
Yeah, 4 -10s. I owe PG a phone call, today got away from me waiting for this work call.


camhead


Nov 16, 2012, 3:15 PM
Post #94232 of 103372 (894 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20747

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
I think I am at the point in the semester where my motivation is not equal to my workload.

You, me, and my students, too.


caughtinside


Nov 16, 2012, 3:17 PM
Post #94233 of 103372 (893 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30411

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
Heh, this just popped up on a friend's facespace:

http://climbxgear.com/...autobelaydevice.aspx

Screenshot in case they change it:
[image]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-_AwICmITzkE/UKT9ODU6DaI/AAAAAAAABcc/hruTVb1Bt1E/s656/Picture%25206.png[/image]

It's good to know that climbx gear is now excepting orders for their breaking device. Do they have other types of breaking devices, like dimpled aliens or link cams? What would be the best breaking device for raping a single rope?

so getting past teh misspellings ... is that just a straight rip off of a grigri, or is their more to it?

I think it's jsut a stright rip off.

Madrock was bad enough, but ClimbX seems to have taken it to a whole new level.


well the patent expired. Nothing shady about it, but I don't think I'd buy a knock off from ClimbX. I do kind of wish grigri1s were still available but I suppose I'll adapt when mine wears out or gets lost.

It's all joe garland. He was part of Madrock and now he basically is ClimbX. It's a lot easier to make knockoffs than it is to actually produce something new.

was he that doucher that kept making an ass owt of himself on here a few yearz back?

derp


caughtinside


Nov 16, 2012, 3:19 PM
Post #94234 of 103372 (891 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30411

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
In other news, we're going to the creke for t-day break. I need suggestions for way radgnar must-do routes.

Hard to go wrong at the creek. What sizes do you want to climb? red, gold or blue?

Its usually best to pick a wall with 2 or 3 routes you want to do, and do other stuff while you're up there.


dr_feelgood


Nov 16, 2012, 3:25 PM
Post #94235 of 103372 (878 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25818

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
In other news, we're going to the creke for t-day break. I need suggestions for way radgnar must-do routes.

Hard to go wrong at the creek. What sizes do you want to climb? red, gold or blue?

Its usually best to pick a wall with 2 or 3 routes you want to do, and do other stuff while you're up there.
Golds and blues are kind of my jam.


dr_feelgood


Nov 16, 2012, 3:27 PM
Post #94236 of 103372 (877 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25818

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
I think I am at the point in the semester where my motivation is not equal to my workload.

You, me, and my students, too.
yeah, i'm at the point where funny internet videos have priority over the 70 papers I have to grade, the books I need to read, and the book review I need to write.


snoopy138


Nov 16, 2012, 3:48 PM
Post #94237 of 103372 (869 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28787

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Got the jorb, and they're paying me more than advertised! I have the next two weeks off, then I start work which has a great 4 days on three days off schedule. Good for the climbzering and the skiizering.

sounds like a gud deal.

btw, going to be in denver for a weke end next may (long ways off, I know) ... will probibly want to get out for a half day of climbing.


snoopy138


Nov 16, 2012, 3:50 PM
Post #94238 of 103372 (865 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 7, 2004
Posts: 28787

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
In other news, we're going to the creke for t-day break. I need suggestions for way radgnar must-do routes.

probibly whatever is in the sun.

also, you're going to want to get on teh incredible hand carck, and do as much thrashing around as possible to keep up the widening/rounding porcess.


caughtinside


Nov 16, 2012, 4:07 PM
Post #94239 of 103372 (854 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30411

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
In other news, we're going to the creke for t-day break. I need suggestions for way radgnar must-do routes.

Hard to go wrong at the creek. What sizes do you want to climb? red, gold or blue?

Its usually best to pick a wall with 2 or 3 routes you want to do, and do other stuff while you're up there.
Golds and blues are kind of my jam.

Lots of that at Supercrack buttress if you don't mind crowds. 3am, no name, supercrack are all 3s. IHC is gold. Gorilla is fun.

If you've never been and are worried about getting destroyed by steep physical cracks, the best crag to go to is Donnelly Canyon, just opposite Supercrack. Routes there are shorter and tend to not be as steep. Elephant man, chocolate corner, generic, the Thing, lots of fun stuff and the grades are lighter by IC standards. Blue Gamma also good for shorter routes ( a good half day spot too since it's right next to the road.)

Other favorite walls with stuff you'd like are Scarface and Second Meat.

if you're taking your lady, be sure to get her on the red camalot cracks. Don't fear the .11 grade. If you put her on blue cracks she will hate the place.


camhead


Nov 16, 2012, 4:10 PM
Post #94240 of 103372 (849 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20747

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
I think I am at the point in the semester where my motivation is not equal to my workload.

You, me, and my students, too.
yeah, i'm at the point where funny internet videos have priority over the 70 papers I have to grade, the books I need to read, and the book review I need to write.

I've been pretty much just showing movies and having laid back conversations all week. Sick of lecturing.


camhead


Nov 16, 2012, 4:12 PM
Post #94241 of 103372 (849 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20747

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
In other news, we're going to the creke for t-day break. I need suggestions for way radgnar must-do routes.

Hard to go wrong at the creek. What sizes do you want to climb? red, gold or blue?

Its usually best to pick a wall with 2 or 3 routes you want to do, and do other stuff while you're up there.
Golds and blues are kind of my jam.

Lots of that at Supercrack buttress if you don't mind crowds. 3am, no name, supercrack are all 3s. IHC is gold. Gorilla is fun.

If you've never been and are worried about getting destroyed by steep physical cracks, the best crag to go to is Donnelly Canyon, just opposite Supercrack. Routes there are shorter and tend to not be as steep. Elephant man, chocolate corner, generic, the Thing, lots of fun stuff and the grades are lighter by IC standards. Blue Gamma also good for shorter routes ( a good half day spot too since it's right next to the road.)

Other favorite walls with stuff you'd like are Scarface and Second Meat.

if you're taking your lady, be sure to get her on the red camalot cracks. Don't fear the .11 grade. If you put her on blue cracks she will hate the place.

Durp.

I'd probably do day one at Blue Gramma just to get broken in. Can't remember the names, but there are a few shorter corner cracks that start golds, end blues, n the 5.9 range, which are great intros to the desert dealio.


carabiner96


Nov 16, 2012, 4:13 PM
Post #94242 of 103372 (849 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 10, 2006
Posts: 12549

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Got the jorb, and they're paying me more than advertised! I have the next two weeks off, then I start work which has a great 4 days on three days off schedule. Good for the climbzering and the skiizering.

sounds like a gud deal.

btw, going to be in denver for a weke end next may (long ways off, I know) ... will probibly want to get out for a half day of climbing.
Hopefully I will not be fat by then.


tripperjm


Nov 16, 2012, 4:48 PM
Post #94243 of 103372 (840 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 7, 2002
Posts: 10612

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I try not to be sad or to delve to deep into the darkness.

I try to remember the good times, the routes we shared.

I've lost so many friends along the way.

And now two more are gone in the past two days. Both younger than me.

Sometimes the sadness is overwhelming and I want to cry.


caughtinside


Nov 16, 2012, 5:28 PM
Post #94244 of 103372 (830 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 8, 2003
Posts: 30411

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Dang man, really sorry to hear about that. Makes you appreciate the good times and the sunny days even more.

We gotta climb again one of these days. Me in me grots, you in your sexy gnu harness.

condolences buddy.


Partner epoch
Moderator

Nov 16, 2012, 6:04 PM
Post #94245 of 103372 (816 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 32071

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
I try not to be sad or to delve to deep into the darkness.

I try to remember the good times, the routes we shared.

I've lost so many friends along the way.

And now two more are gone in the past two days. Both younger than me.

Sometimes the sadness is overwhelming and I want to cry.

Sorry to hear Jack.


lena_chita
Moderator

Nov 16, 2012, 6:19 PM
Post #94246 of 103372 (813 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 27, 2006
Posts: 5695

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
I try not to be sad or to delve to deep into the darkness.

I try to remember the good times, the routes we shared.

I've lost so many friends along the way.

And now two more are gone in the past two days. Both younger than me.

Sometimes the sadness is overwhelming and I want to cry.

That sucks, I am sorry!

Just remember, they probably would have made fun of you for crying... and then went away to cry where nobody saw them.


climbs4fun
Moderator

Nov 16, 2012, 7:05 PM
Post #94247 of 103372 (809 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 18, 2003
Posts: 9613

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
since I'll be climbing teh eagle dance tomorrow ... happy bday now, gg.

Should I burst his bubble and tell him that it rained/snowed at Red Rock this morning/last night? He's going to make a long drive for nuttin'


Happy Birthday GG!


dr_feelgood


Nov 16, 2012, 7:09 PM
Post #94248 of 103372 (805 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25818

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Got the jorb, and they're paying me more than advertised! I have the next two weeks off, then I start work which has a great 4 days on three days off schedule. Good for the climbzering and the skiizering.

sounds like a gud deal.

btw, going to be in denver for a weke end next may (long ways off, I know) ... will probibly want to get out for a half day of climbing.
Hopefully I will not be fat by then.
Preggos?


climbs4fun
Moderator

Nov 16, 2012, 7:10 PM
Post #94249 of 103372 (804 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 18, 2003
Posts: 9613

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Got the jorb, and they're paying me more than advertised! I have the next two weeks off, then I start work which has a great 4 days on three days off schedule. Good for the climbzering and the skiizering.


Wooooooo Hooo! Congrats!


dr_feelgood


Nov 16, 2012, 7:10 PM
Post #94250 of 103372 (803 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 6, 2004
Posts: 25818

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
I try not to be sad or to delve to deep into the darkness.

I try to remember the good times, the routes we shared.

I've lost so many friends along the way.

And now two more are gone in the past two days. Both younger than me.

Sometimes the sadness is overwhelming and I want to cry.

Sorry. Remember and enjoy the gud times. They are never in vain.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3766 3767 3768 3769 3770 3771 3772 3773 3774 ... 4135 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook