Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

edge

Nov 22, 2012, 8:26 PM
Post #39326 of 45342 (4816 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Since all you chumps are gorging, I might as well take it...
Heh

Kartessa

Nov 22, 2012, 9:06 PM
Post #39327 of 45342 (4812 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
I PTFTW your thanksgiving!

Gmburns2000

Nov 22, 2012, 10:06 PM
Post #39328 of 45342 (4806 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

That's what you get for a lack of TR.

Kartessa

Nov 22, 2012, 10:31 PM
Post #39329 of 45342 (4799 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

That's what you get for a lack of TR.

I will have my revenge

Partner epoch

Nov 23, 2012, 3:34 AM
Post #39330 of 45342 (4785 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

8 hours of driving. I didn't kill anyone! Whoo!!!

Ate turkey. Am fat[ter] now.

Gmburns2000

Nov 23, 2012, 12:22 PM
Post #39331 of 45342 (4774 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

happy late thanksgiving folks.

battling a cold here...and it's 90 out. wooo!!! Unsure

stayed up late to watch the laugher that was the NE-NYJ game last night. my god, I've never seen so much fodder for the tabloids. I'm glad I hate NYC. If you watched it, it was unbelievable.

edge

Nov 24, 2012, 4:54 AM
Post #39332 of 45342 (4764 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

50 degrees and sunny here today.

Four raw bloody knuckles, two new FAs, and one hell of a Black Friday.

Gmburns2000

Nov 24, 2012, 9:08 AM
Post #39333 of 45342 (4753 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
50 degrees and sunny here today.

Four raw bloody knuckles, two new FAs, and one hell of a Black Friday.

where's this new place again? the pics looked sweet.

notapplicable

Nov 24, 2012, 7:09 PM
Post #39334 of 45342 (4737 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

We're celebrating two days late for logistical reasons here. Having roasted beef tenderloin with fresh herb stuffing. No turkey this time round.

notapplicable

Nov 24, 2012, 7:17 PM
Post #39335 of 45342 (4734 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Did go climbing at the local spot yesterday. Elbow felt really good. Repeated a bunch of .7-.10's and fell twice on a hard as nails .10c that I've never been on. It's a mixed route with a single bolt half way up but I think it will go on gear if I buy/borrow a second gray TCU.

notapplicable

Nov 24, 2012, 7:19 PM
Post #39336 of 45342 (4733 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:

Should have tried harder. Next time try posting from your phone at 80+ mph

notapplicable

Nov 24, 2012, 7:26 PM
Post #39337 of 45342 (4730 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
epoch wrote:
Skip werk...

go klimb.

in t-shirts and shorts

VOTM!!!

yup that's what I'll be doing tomorrow instead of work. I need a personal day...

Thats kinda like my plan... turn off the cell phone... smoke a lot of weed... do yoga... smoke more weed... bake cookies.

But thats just a Wednesday

I like the sound of that. If only my current job didn't involve drug tests...

I've decided to pretty much stay drunk until I can climb again, instead. I feel like this could lead me in a whole new life direction.

So far this mission has been a resounding success.

Except the part where I had to wake up early for brunch this morning. That hurt.

Gmburns2000

Nov 25, 2012, 1:44 AM
Post #39338 of 45342 (4716 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Did go climbing at the local spot yesterday. Elbow felt really good. Repeated a bunch of .7-.10's and fell twice on a hard as nails .10c that I've never been on. It's a mixed route with a single bolt half way up but I think it will go on gear if I buy/borrow a second gray TCU.

Bolt's not near ground-fall is it? That'd be a shitty way to find out why the bolt's there.

Good that you're back at it. Pay attention to that elbow, though. I'm telling you, you don't want it to flare up.

Gmburns2000

Nov 25, 2012, 1:57 AM
Post #39339 of 45342 (4713 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

was invited to a sort of talent show at the flamenco school that i've been drawing at the past month. it was a mix of artists, singers, dancers, etc. I had to present (without knowing in advance) in portuguese my work and my project.

got some good comments, which was nice. no sales, but people weren't there to buy. i think my johnny ramone will sell at some point, just don't know when. lots of good comments on a work-in-progress flamenco painting i brought, too. happy about that.

also made connection with a scottish flamenco guitarist in seville for when i go there over x-mas. apparently he plays and teaches at about a half dozen schools. good first step in networking?

e-mailed a pretty famous foundation over there, too, for contacts. we'll see how that goes.

shit's fucking hard. not an easy life i'm leading (believe it or not) at the moment. just gonna keep my head down and not give up. fucking work hard. see where it goes.

SylviaSmile

Nov 25, 2012, 5:32 AM
Post #39340 of 45342 (4705 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
Hi guys! I still exist . . . the quarter is over, so time to start thinking about climbing. Or skiing. Or something!
Just do something.

Well, I went yesterday and tried out a Crossfit class . . . haha, not what anyone here would probably have in mind as a good "something", but a fun experience: a ten-minute workout that left me feeling weak hours later. That really says more about my general fitness right now than the workout, though.

SylviaSmile

Nov 25, 2012, 5:37 AM
Post #39341 of 45342 (4703 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:

Ok good! Maybe your elbow is healing faster to save you from impending alcoholism.

SylviaSmile

Nov 25, 2012, 5:40 AM
Post #39342 of 45342 (4702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
happy late thanksgiving folks.

battling a cold here...and it's 90 out. wooo!!! Unsure

stayed up late to watch the laugher that was the NE-NYJ game last night. my god, I've never seen so much fodder for the tabloids. I'm glad I hate NYC. If you watched it, it was unbelievable.

Happy Late Thanksgiving to you as well! I have been doing a lot of football watching and walking around lately. On Thursday, I watched Houston beat Detroit, which was actually a pretty good game but nonetheless reminded me of how much I hate the NFL. And then in the late afternoon I went for a walk and checked out a nearby apple tree, which the neighbors are epically failing to harvest, but I decided it would be too conspicuous to walk up with a plastic bag and shake the tree for the few remaining apples up top that are still edible. Yesterday i kind of forget what I did, so it must have been pretty forgettable--but I wasn't drunk. And today I walked 3.5 mi. round trip to the post office and watched ND beat USC. Yay! Cool

SylviaSmile

Nov 25, 2012, 5:42 AM
Post #39343 of 45342 (4701 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:

I had no turkey, of course, but instead made myself a vegan lentil nut loaf. THAT is what I did yesterday, now I remember. For Thanksgiving Day, I made a vegan chocolate cake using diet Pepsi, which I suspect is not very good for me at all. But it's chocolate.

SylviaSmile

Nov 25, 2012, 5:43 AM
Post #39344 of 45342 (4699 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

We're celebrating two days late for logistical reasons here. Having roasted beef tenderloin with fresh herb stuffing. No turkey this time round.

What about cranberry sauce? This is the first year I fail to make my mom's delicious cranberry chutney recipe, and I really miss it. ;(

Gmburns2000

Nov 25, 2012, 12:03 PM
Post #39345 of 45342 (4685 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SylviaSmile] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

What about cranberry sauce? This is the first year I fail to make my mom's delicious cranberry chutney recipe, and I really miss it. ;(

that fucking sounds awesome!

donald949

Nov 26, 2012, 4:55 PM
Post #39346 of 45342 (4661 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
epoch wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gnu Yeerz trip is coming together nicely...

YEsh!

one day skizering at Tahoe. Resort TBD.
Then to drive to Ewetawh where I will ski at Alta for two daze and then some climberinzing the ice in Little Cottonwood Canyon.
After we will head oft to Ouray for the ice and hot tubbery
Our final swing will be to the S rim of the Grand canyon before heading home.

Action-Packed! Pics and stories will be shared!

So is mine. Not guaranteed yet, but almost guaranteed.

Climbing in Andalucia, Spain (El Chorro, among others, is there). Partner hasn't bough the tix yet, but he says he's coming either way.
Sawsome.
My plans include sitting around the outlaws watching the kids go crazy with too much useless junk to clutter up the house. Oh yea. U wish you were me 2.

jealous!
We r getting ahead of our selves though. Got to survive the Turkey weekend first.
The wife didn't want to go. Then she found out her cousin's GF is going to be there. Now we have to go cause being w/ family is important???
Well the MIL found out we're going so now she's guilting the wife's older sister. Oh yea, everyone will be all happy and smiles...

i love the holidaze!!!

Thanksgiving Eve X2 (today): visited a newfound crag in Pinkham Notch with schist similar to Rumney, views of Mt Washington, tons of crags 35' - 90' tall, and lots more potential. 30 routes so far; we put up 5 FAs today, all trad.

Thanksgiving: visiting my parents for dinner with my bro/his family and my sis. I am brining the turkey now; we are responsible for the bird, stuffing, and closely monitoring the patriots/jets game.

Christmas: two weeks in Colorado, visiting Meaghan, my wife's awesome cousin, and other friends. We will be scoping out the front range for future settlement, skiing, climbing, etc.

New Years: this has always been a non-holiday for me, but we will still be in CO so may find something to do. Also my 2 1/2 year sobriety date...

Valentines Day: no plans yet. Heh.

May Day: target date to leave the rental house, jump in the truck & RV, and hit the road. First stop: Maxwell's college graduation from ZooMass, then four months of road tripping.

Gneiss! Schist!!!!

Is this crag going to have Rumney ethics or will it adhere to the MWV tradiban GU, no bolts ethic? You're on the right side of the hill for that. I wish I was over there still, perhaps, if only to climb with you guys. Edge, you and I were 1.5 hours away and never seemed to meet!

The crew I've been rolling with have gained a local reputation for finding and developing new areas with a full range of grades, commitment levels, and trail work. Routes are often cleaned and FA'd ground up, but equally as often they require top down scrubbing and bolting on rappel. True sport routes are rare, generally bolts are only added to augment natural gear; and there are just as many spicy all trad lines. This new area is a hybrid compromise logical extention of the N Conway and Rumney ethics, the best of both.

In the New Durham Area alone, MP lists 231 routes, of which probably 80% were established by the self-named "Chinos." There are now over 100 additional routes scattered throughout the Whites; all of this in the last 2-3 years. I am accepted as the bastard grandfather of the Chinos...

I forgot when you left New England, Epoch, but if it was over 28 months ago I was not climbing and on the fast track to total self destruction, so no wonder we didn't hook up. For the last 2+ years I have been getting out climbing at least twice a week, skiing, skydiving, holding ceremonial groups and workshops, and gradually replacing the rigid stem circa 1982 Friends from my rack...

And there you go. you back them back by up and leaving them.
What?

Order of words, dude. Order of words.

I still don't get it. Non tokka li Portugese.

yeah, totally not paying attention these days.

meant - "and there you go, you pay them back by up and leaving them"

gud ting your knot a righter er sumting lik dat...

donald949

Nov 26, 2012, 4:57 PM
Post #39347 of 45342 (4660 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
you waited 45 mintutes from the set up to this post.
Sew ewe missed the pt.
Sorry, no turkey for U!

donald949

Nov 26, 2012, 5:02 PM
Post #39348 of 45342 (4656 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
was invited to a sort of talent show at the flamenco school that i've been drawing at the past month. it was a mix of artists, singers, dancers, etc. I had to present (without knowing in advance) in portuguese my work and my project.

got some good comments, which was nice. no sales, but people weren't there to buy. i think my johnny ramone will sell at some point, just don't know when. lots of good comments on a work-in-progress flamenco painting i brought, too. happy about that.

also made connection with a scottish flamenco guitarist in seville for when i go there over x-mas. apparently he plays and teaches at about a half dozen schools. good first step in networking?

e-mailed a pretty famous foundation over there, too, for contacts. we'll see how that goes.

shit's fucking hard. not an easy life i'm leading (believe it or not) at the moment. just gonna keep my head down and not give up. fucking work hard. see where it goes.
Sounds pretty good.

donald949

Nov 26, 2012, 5:06 PM
Post #39349 of 45342 (4655 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SylviaSmile] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

Ok good! Maybe your elbow is healing faster to save you from impending alcoholism.
I was going to suggest that he try harder, like drinking while texting at 80+.
But that would just b rong.

donald949

Nov 26, 2012, 5:06 PM
Post #39350 of 45342 (4653 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook