RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

sublimerock28

Nov 25, 2012, 1:32 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1443 views)
Shortcut

one year residential rock climbing training program in northern part of india
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

i am looking for one to two year residential rock climbing training program in himachal pradesh and nepal...please advice me about the institutes that do offer such training programs and the approximate cost of training and accomodation for the year 2013

madam

Nov 26, 2012, 1:55 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1306 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sublimerock28] one year residential rock climbing training program in northern part of india [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Hi I have no personal experience however when I was bouldering/climbing near Manali in Himachal Pradesh a few friends were attending "Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Mountaineering". So may be you can start with contacting them...

adam

sublimerock28

Nov 27, 2012, 10:34 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1208 views)
Shortcut

Re: [madam] one year residential rock climbing training program in northern part of india [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Thanks for de reply..they have training programs for not more than a month..their focus is not specific to rock climbing..i am looking forward to train indoor first so that i can improvise when climbing outdoor.my ultimate goal is do free climbing..i am also looking forward to apply for exchange programs that may hopefully come up in de year 2013 by organisations who encourage rock climbing..Lets hope for de best!!!

Best Regards,
Rakesh

(This post was edited by sublimerock28 on Nov 27, 2012, 10:38 PM)

madam

Nov 27, 2012, 11:23 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1198 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sublimerock28] one year residential rock climbing training program in northern part of india [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi,

ok I understand your goals now however I am not really sure whether you would be able to find something like that in northern India. I am not a guru for India (not at all!!), I have spent only 3 months in regions of Himachal Pradesh and Kashmir (ladakh, srinagar) but the only climbing gym I have found was in Delhi. In Leh (ladahk) they have a small bouldering gym but I would be surprised if they have an educational program for teaching instructors in those parts of India...I guess Nepal will have almost the same "rough" conditions. Anyway I wish you the best:)

Regards,
Adam

JAB

Nov 29, 2012, 12:26 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1124 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Check out the Himalayan Mountaneering Institute in Darjeeling. http://www.himalayanmountaineeringinstitute.com/courseform.html

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook