Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
my first trip review
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

Stone0826

Nov 30, 2012, 3:41 AM
Post #1 of 1 (572 views)
Shortcut

my first trip review  (North_America: United_States: North_Carolina: Central: Cooks_Wall)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

I went to hanging rock state park while on thanksgiving leave, it turned out to be alot better than I though it would be. We took the cooks wall trail and hit the first face you come to on your left. there were a lot of good climbs up there and pretty easy to set up for top rope. 2 slings, 50' of static and 3 lockers will set you up damn near any route that I seen in that area. There are some fun short routes and a few bigger ones that you initially come to but considering i couldnt figure out which routes refer to which on this website, I decided not to post any "true beta." I'm heading back in for christmas and i am going to try to find all areas that have been mentioned. I astounded that no-one climbs here because it has a ton of potential for all types of climbing. I thouroughly enjoyed my trip even if I had a bad case of the shits and a 2mi uphill hike prior to getting there. I'm deffinitly going back and this is one of my new fav's, its close to pilot and an awesome alternate since pilot mtn was scorched by its local fire department and is currently shut down.
Attachments: 485038_487799441265187_651960476_n.jpg (79.8 KB)

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook