Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3776 3777 3778 3779 3780 3781 3782 3783 3784 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

snoopy138

Dec 5, 2012, 7:15 PM
Post #94476 of 105309 (4570 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
weakass report:

Went into the gym yesterday afternoon when nobody was there. Did some easy campusing on the 70 degree wall to warm-up, which was pretty doable. Scoped out the two new hangboreds that we have in the gym; I really like the Detroit one, but there is a new Metolius that replaced an old Metolius that I am not a fan of.

Do you have this one?
http://thedrcc.com/....php?products_id=201

That's the one we have in the gym, too, but I would have thought that all the holds on it are too big for you? They seem too big for me-- I am doing the outermost/lowest crimps, and the lower/center slomper. On those crimps I am subtracting 20 lb for now, and the center slomper gets -10lb. But all the rest of the holds seem like jugs? Which holds are you using?

camhead wrote:
Pretty weke, after not climbing at all for a couple weeks. Could not finish a set on the shallow two-finger pocket. Could not do any holds with weight added, and I'm not sure yet how I'm going to deal with adding 35 lbs, given that I'll be dropping off the board onto one foot.

Still, I'll be psyched to ease back into it for the next couple months. Tony offered to waive my membership fee while I was injured, but I think I'll keep going in.

The biggest challenge by far was trying to crutch through all the stacks of boulder pads.

You are going to have kickass balance after all this is done... but only on one foot.

kamhed will be an expert at left foot flagging.

snoopy138

Dec 5, 2012, 7:17 PM
Post #94477 of 105309 (4569 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
weakass report:

Went into the gym yesterday afternoon when nobody was there. Did some easy campusing on the 70 degree wall to warm-up, which was pretty doable. Scoped out the two new hangboreds that we have in the gym; I really like the Detroit one, but there is a new Metolius that replaced an old Metolius that I am not a fan of.

Do you have this one?

Yup. All but the smallest two sizes are a bit too big for me. Another complaint that I have is that all the manufacturers tend to put the very smallest sizes in the middle of the board, which sucks. You wind up training the hard stuff from a fucking tyrannosaurus position.

Well, not so on the Moonboard...

But yeah, I am already hating the one slomper in the middle.

The more I think about it, the more it seems that buying a hangboard is a waste of money for almost anyone, regardless of the level. Seems like you are better off just buying a couple of holds that you want to use, and bolting/screwing them onto a woody.

Of course it is a moot point bc I have not bought any of the boards that i have, and at the gym I can pick and choose between several hangboards, or bolting the holds onto the systems wall.

Still haven't found anything that would have good pockets.

you also evidently have not found a need to protekt your ptftws.

snoopy138

Dec 5, 2012, 7:18 PM
Post #94478 of 105309 (4568 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

whoo!

caughtinside

Dec 5, 2012, 7:23 PM
Post #94479 of 105309 (4561 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

haven't seen a franchise in a while. Must be all the online christmas shopping I've been doing.

I did get myself a sweet deal on a brand new wetsuit off geartrade a few weeks ago. 300+ dollar suit for 100 bones. Someone bought it somewhere, tried it on and returned it. never been in the water.

caughtinside

Dec 5, 2012, 7:32 PM
Post #94480 of 105309 (4558 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

oh yeah, I forgot about this one.

When I was at the gunks, I got this Pirates! game for my iYup. You cruise around, pirating, wooing governors daughters, and seeking treasure. You get all kinds of items, like a spyglass, better sails, pistols, etc.

One of the items i got was a Dutch Rutter!AngelicAngelicAngelicAngelic

I couldn't believe it!! I got it and laughed for several minutes and had to tell Cornelius about the Dutch Rudder. And then of course the Slave Ship.

Anyway, the Dutch Rutter showed me on my map the location of secret dutch settlements so I could raid them. No touching pehishes involved

lena_chita

Dec 5, 2012, 7:39 PM
Post #94481 of 105309 (4555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
weakass report:

Do you have this one?

Yup. All but the smallest two sizes are a bit too big for me. Another complaint that I have is that all the manufacturers tend to put the very smallest sizes in the middle of the board, which sucks. You wind up training the hard stuff from a fucking tyrannosaurus position.

The more I think about it, the more it seems that buying a hangboard is a waste of money for almost anyone, regardless of the level. Seems like you are better off just buying a couple of holds that you want to use, and bolting/screwing them onto a woody.

Of course it is a moot point bc I have not bought any of the boards that i have, and at the gym I can pick and choose between several hangboards, or bolting the holds onto the systems wall.

is this what francisgramm was all about?

dr_feelgood

Dec 5, 2012, 7:47 PM
Post #94482 of 105309 (4551 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:

When I was at the gunks, I got this Pirates! game for my iYup. You cruise around, pirating, wooing governors daughters, and seeking treasure. You get all kinds of items, like a spyglass, better sails, pistols, etc.

I couldn't believe it!! I got it and laughed for several minutes and had to tell Cornelius about the Dutch Rudder. And then of course the Slave Ship.

Anyway, the Dutch Rutter showed me on my map the location of secret dutch settlements so I could raid them. No touching pehishes involved

I played a very similar Pirates! game at one point. It was pretty damn fun. My one gripe is that the actual driving force of the Caribbean economy of the 17th century was completely excluded or whitewashed. Yup. Not a single mention of slavery.

Partner camhead

Dec 5, 2012, 8:09 PM
Post #94483 of 105309 (4544 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:

Speaking of Dutch Rudders, Jack has fallen off the grid again. Anyone heard from him recently?

Partner camhead

Dec 5, 2012, 8:11 PM
Post #94484 of 105309 (4544 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

I played a very similar Pirates! game at one point. It was pretty damn fun. My one gripe is that the actual driving force of the Caribbean economy of the 17th century was completely excluded or whitewashed. Yup. Not a single mention of slavery.

Well, the most recent version of "Treasure Island" that is on netflix did have a very racially diverse cast of pirates. So at least there's that.

snoopy138

Dec 5, 2012, 9:05 PM
Post #94485 of 105309 (4535 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
weakass report:

Do you have this one?

clearly. what else would a francisgram be about?

snoopy138

Dec 5, 2012, 9:07 PM
Post #94486 of 105309 (4533 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

no slavery in doc's game, but some penish touching.

Partner cracklover

Dec 5, 2012, 9:26 PM
Post #94487 of 105309 (4526 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
Hey CI ... you know where you can get alien trigger wires repaired? One of the wires on my red is broken.

Also been sitting on a broken trigger on a #3, but I assume I can get that fixed through BD. And it's less critical of a piece, since I have two of them and so does everybody else.

Fixing trigger wires on BD cams yoreself is no big thing. We picked up a trigger wire replacement kit some years ago with all the bits an pieces.

Don't know if the Aliens are more complicated though.

they are more complicated.

Both are totally doable with the cam doctor, which comes with all the parts you'll need for the rest of your life. I bought mine about four years ago, and I've probably replaced about a dozen trigger wires in that time. Totally worth it.

One thing - do the BD first - it's easier, and you'll learn a lot as you do it, then the Alien after.

GO

dr_feelgood

Dec 6, 2012, 12:49 AM
Post #94488 of 105309 (4513 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
Hey CI ... you know where you can get alien trigger wires repaired? One of the wires on my red is broken.

Also been sitting on a broken trigger on a #3, but I assume I can get that fixed through BD. And it's less critical of a piece, since I have two of them and so does everybody else.

Fixing trigger wires on BD cams yoreself is no big thing. We picked up a trigger wire replacement kit some years ago with all the bits an pieces.

Both are totally doable with the cam doctor, which comes with all the parts you'll need for the rest of your life. I bought mine about four years ago, and I've probably replaced about a dozen trigger wires in that time. Totally worth it.

One thing - do the BD first - it's easier, and you'll learn a lot as you do it, then the Alien after.

GO
There's the door. Bye.

lena_chita

Dec 6, 2012, 4:34 AM
Post #94489 of 105309 (4498 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
weakass report:

Do you have this one?

clearly. what else would a francisgram be about?

Now I know.

I just forgot that I was supposed to carez

drivel

Dec 6, 2012, 6:27 AM
Post #94490 of 105309 (4488 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

GO
There's the door. Bye.

::sniff:: he still reads it! that's so sweet.

Partner camhead

Dec 6, 2012, 3:43 PM
Post #94491 of 105309 (4471 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey See Eye, that Gunks thread on mp is pretty entertaining, eh? No other area gets so many people arguing voraciously about single-digit grades. Good times.

caughtinside

Dec 6, 2012, 4:39 PM
Post #94492 of 105309 (4462 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Hey See Eye, that Gunks thread on mp is pretty entertaining, eh? No other area gets so many people arguing voraciously about single-digit grades. Good times.

Modern Times has a big reputation.

I have to admit it is one of the best easy roofs I've ever done.

THe grades, the fees, the crowds, the uptight East coasters... the gunks is prime trolling country.

Partner camhead

Dec 6, 2012, 4:43 PM
Post #94493 of 105309 (4457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:

THe grades, the fees, the crowds, the uptight East coasters... the gunks is prime trolling country.

If you want to see a weakass attempt at trolling, go check out pigstake's "sport-trad" thread on rrc.com. Guy can be pretty clueless sometimes.

Partner cracklover

Dec 6, 2012, 5:36 PM
Post #94494 of 105309 (4448 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

GO
There's the door. Bye.

I drop in and catch up sometimes when the rest of the site is really really dead. Like now. Often good stuff in here.

Cheers,

GO

Partner camhead

Dec 6, 2012, 6:03 PM
Post #94495 of 105309 (4440 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
drivel wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

GO
There's the door. Bye.

I drop in and catch up sometimes when the rest of the site is really really dead. Like now. Often good stuff in here.

Cheers,

GO

I've said it before, the BET is like a sanctuary commune in the middle of a Mad Max post apocalyptic hell.

Partner camhead

Dec 6, 2012, 6:05 PM
Post #94496 of 105309 (4440 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok, I may be late on this, but have you guys checked out assholeclimbers.com?

It's amazing.

caughtinside

Dec 6, 2012, 7:06 PM
Post #94497 of 105309 (4425 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:

If you want to see a weakass attempt at trolling, go check out pigstake's "sport-trad" thread on rrc.com. Guy can be pretty clueless sometimes.

heh. It's amusing how much traddie hate there is in the RRG. The spurt newbs are way more numerous and annoying

drivel

Dec 7, 2012, 2:46 PM
Post #94498 of 105309 (4393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I miss all you gays. Wish I could see you again.

granite_grrl

Dec 7, 2012, 3:19 PM
Post #94499 of 105309 (4385 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Super shitty week here. I've been working on the machine from hell. The thing is a Frankenstien it's been modified so many times over the last 25-30 years. No drawings for anything. No one ever pulled out the old stuff when they made changes so you're constantly playing a guessing game on what on what goes where and if xyz has any effect on abc.

Unless you've worked on a big machine you may not understand how painful this process is.

Anyway, been working long days all this week. Was supossed to be on vacation today, but had epic 16 hour battle yesterday with the machine. Finally got it to the point where I can't do anything electical with it, but I don't think I can leave yet.

Supossed to be my vacation day today. Instead I'm stuck at work. I'm angry and bitter today.

Partner camhead

Dec 7, 2012, 3:24 PM
Post #94500 of 105309 (4384 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Super shitty week here. I've been working on the machine from hell.

Maybe you should Rage Against it?

First page Previous page 1 ... 3776 3777 3778 3779 3780 3781 3782 3783 3784 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook