Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3779 3780 3781 3782 3783 3784 3785 3786 3787 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Partner camhead

Dec 9, 2012, 4:42 PM
Post #94551 of 105309 (4198 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So, I'm putting together songs that are exactly 120 beats per minute so that I can count off the seconds for my hangbored workout in slightly less bored fashion, and I just realized that Welcome to the Mutherfucking Jungle is the exact right tempo! Yeah!

You know where you are baby? You on the hangboard! You gonna DIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!! Shananananananananananana CRIMP! CRIMP! MUAH! I WANNA WATCH YOU BLEEEEEEEEEED!

Just had to share that.

Oh, and Lena, do you have an mp3 player yet? If you do, I'll send you the playlist for your workout.

drivel

Dec 9, 2012, 4:52 PM
Post #94552 of 105309 (4194 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
So, I'm putting together songs that are exactly 120 beats per minute so that I can count off the seconds for my hangbored workout in slightly less bored fashion, and I just realized that Welcome to the Mutherfucking Jungle is the exact right tempo! Yeah!

You know where you are baby? You on the hangboard! You gonna DIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!! Shananananananananananana CRIMP! CRIMP! MUAH! I WANNA WATCH YOU BLEEEEEEEEEED!

Just had to share that.

Oh, and Lena, do you have an mp3 player yet? If you do, I'll send you the playlist for your workout.

wow, how long did that ptftw hang for? we are pathetic.

Partner camhead

Dec 9, 2012, 4:53 PM
Post #94553 of 105309 (4192 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Woo! Walk-in PTFTW! Take me down to the PTFTW City!

Partner camhead

Dec 9, 2012, 4:54 PM
Post #94554 of 105309 (4189 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
camhead wrote:

Just had to share that.

Yeah, back in the day, I would be huddled up in the fetal position under a table, sobbing, as the Franzizgrams set my phone off in succession.

lena_chita

Dec 10, 2012, 4:46 PM
Post #94555 of 105309 (4149 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

Just had to share that.

Send it, we'll find a way to play it. :)

But I would still use the iYup timer (not my iYup).

snoopy138

Dec 10, 2012, 5:09 PM
Post #94556 of 105309 (4146 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:
holy carp, we have a winner for best gumby go-pro megawhip of all time. Oh, the schadenfreude...

https://www.youtube.com/...ture=player_embedded
Clip it! Clip it! Goddam it yore already hanging off it clip it!

Like a Donny.

also, "do I have enough rope?" ... what the fuck kind of belay was going on down their?

which is worse, that? or the PA free-soloist?

well, the PA free soloist was more likely to kill himself, whereas that belayer was more likely to kill others?

snoopy138

Dec 10, 2012, 5:10 PM
Post #94557 of 105309 (4144 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:
holy carp, we have a winner for best gumby go-pro megawhip of all time. Oh, the schadenfreude...

Like a Donny.

also, "do I have enough rope?" ... what the fuck kind of belay was going on down their?

Donny wasn't stupid enough to have a huge amount of rope pulled out though.

The guy in the video would have been okay if he knew how to clip.

I'm still blaming the belayer. It seemed like he couldn't get rope up to clip for most of that time?

snoopy138

Dec 10, 2012, 5:12 PM
Post #94558 of 105309 (4142 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
drivel wrote:
camhead wrote:

Just had to share that.

Yeah, back in the day, I would be huddled up in the fetal position under a table, sobbing, as the Franzizgrams set my phone off in succession.

I should have gotten on hear 20 minutes earlier.

snoopy138

Dec 10, 2012, 5:18 PM
Post #94559 of 105309 (4133 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

teh 2xAsiant made an attempt on my life on Saturday.

was out at echo cliffs with her, met up with Big Tony. warmed up and then got on Calm, a pretty fun and fairly steep rowt I'd looked at but never tried. After getting on it later, Tony declared it the most manufactured rowt at Echo ... it would be hard to argue on that. Anyways, after zending on attempt 3, teh asiant was toproping it, and decided to sleaze off to teh right a couple feet. As soon as her foot touches teh choss gully, a small microwave/large toaster oven size block comes out. It hits the slab below (there's about a 30 ft. slab to get to the base of the steep section) and breaks apart. I was able to dodge most of it, and just took piece off the back of the hand. Luckily no noteworthy damage. I told her to stay on rowt.

granite_grrl

Dec 10, 2012, 5:20 PM
Post #94560 of 105309 (4126 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:

Like a Donny.

I'm still blaming the belayer. It seemed like he couldn't get rope up to clip for most of that time?

Yes, but when he finally had enough rope to clip he decided to clip like a hamfist and botch it.

Partner camhead

Dec 10, 2012, 5:22 PM
Post #94561 of 105309 (4125 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
drivel wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:

Like a Donny.

well, the PA free soloist was more likely to kill himself, whereas that belayer was more likely to kill others?

The PA soloist really was a onc-in-a-lifetime, mythical unicorn caught on camera. Gumbies use GoPros, and gumbies fall, so, no matter how gripping that City of Rocks video was, it was not THAT unusual.

On the other hand, to have two cameras capture a much rarer event (free-solo fall), and record not just gumbitude, but utter cluelessness on all levels, well, that's a rarity. PA soloist wins, no contest.

dr_feelgood

Dec 10, 2012, 6:19 PM
Post #94562 of 105309 (4113 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:

was out at echo cliffs with her, met up with Big Tony. warmed up and then got on Calm, a pretty fun and fairly steep rowt I'd looked at but never tried. After getting on it later, Tony declared it the most manufactured rowt at Echo ... it would be hard to argue on that. Anyways, after zending on attempt 3, teh asiant was toproping it, and decided to sleaze off to teh right a couple feet. As soon as her foot touches teh choss gully, a small microwave/large toaster oven size block comes out. It hits the slab below (there's about a 30 ft. slab to get to the base of the steep section) and breaks apart. I was able to dodge most of it, and just took piece off the back of the hand. Luckily no noteworthy damage. I told her to stay on rowt.
She really needs to stop pussyfooting around and kill you already. What else are we paying her for?

snoopy138

Dec 10, 2012, 6:23 PM
Post #94563 of 105309 (4111 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:

Like a Donny.

Yes, but when he finally had enough rope to clip he decided to clip like a hamfist and botch it.

this is true. a gumbiriffic shitshow all around.

dr_feelgood

Dec 10, 2012, 6:25 PM
Post #94564 of 105309 (4109 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
drivel wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:

Like a Donny.

The PA soloist really was a onc-in-a-lifetime, mythical unicorn caught on camera. Gumbies use GoPros, and gumbies fall, so, no matter how gripping that City of Rocks video was, it was not THAT unusual.

On the other hand, to have two cameras capture a much rarer event (free-solo fall), and record not just gumbitude, but utter cluelessness on all levels, well, that's a rarity. PA soloist wins, no contest.

Yeah, I've come to view a mounted GoPro as a warning sign similar to the placards on the side of hazardous waste containers. A clear indicator to stay at least 50 feet clear.

caughtinside

Dec 10, 2012, 7:30 PM
Post #94565 of 105309 (4094 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:

Like a Donny.

hard to say for sure, but it sure looked like a good old fashioned short roping on that first attempt to clip. good comedy.

caughtinside

Dec 10, 2012, 7:31 PM
Post #94566 of 105309 (4092 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:

I think that is one of Doniel's routes.

On choss... you gotta stay on route.

caughtinside

Dec 10, 2012, 7:32 PM
Post #94567 of 105309 (4090 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:

Like a Donny.

It was comedy, the poor bastard grabbed too low on the bone, and his own hand and wrist was blocking the gate. ha ha!

lena_chita

Dec 10, 2012, 8:17 PM
Post #94568 of 105309 (4070 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
drivel wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:

Like a Donny.

Well-reasoned argument accepted.

lena_chita

Dec 10, 2012, 8:19 PM
Post #94569 of 105309 (4068 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

She really needs to stop pussyfooting around and kill you already. What else are we paying her for?

THAT's where my money's been going? Unacceptable!

Next time, we'll make sure to drop a cow-sized block, instead of the microwave-sized. or maybe just get snoop to climb in Muir, where cows fall from the sky without any effort of double-asiants.

Partner camhead

Dec 10, 2012, 8:24 PM
Post #94570 of 105309 (4064 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hrm, so a pretty strong female climber (whom I believe Chossy hates, but he probably likes her now, since they're both elites, hehe) that I know only tangentially just posted up a write-up of her recent multi-week trip to Jtree.

She is pretty solid up to 13+ spurt, and has done some hard tard out here, too (All That Glitters at the RRG, as well as the second ascent of a way hard 13a fingercrack at the NRG).

So, I was pretty surprised to read this TR, just reads like any standard 10-11 climber's first trip to Josh. I guess that granite quartz monzonite is not for everyone?

snoopy138

Dec 10, 2012, 8:55 PM
Post #94571 of 105309 (4056 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

I think that is one of Doniel's routes.

On choss... you gotta stay on route.

yeah, it's one of his.

snoopy138

Dec 10, 2012, 8:56 PM
Post #94572 of 105309 (4054 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

THAT's where my money's been going? Unacceptable!

Next time, we'll make sure to drop a cow-sized block, instead of the microwave-sized. or maybe just get snoop to climb in Muir, where cows fall from the sky without any effort of double-asiants.

I don't really understand how a block could be cow-sized.

snoopy138

Dec 10, 2012, 8:59 PM
Post #94573 of 105309 (4051 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Hrm, so a pretty strong female climber (whom I believe Chossy hates, but he probably likes her now, since they're both elites, hehe) that I know only tangentially just posted up a write-up of her recent multi-week trip to Jtree.

She is pretty solid up to 13+ spurt, and has done some hard tard out here, too (All That Glitters at the RRG, as well as the second ascent of a way hard 13a fingercrack at the NRG).

So, I was pretty surprised to read this TR, just reads like any standard 10-11 climber's first trip to Josh. I guess that granite quartz monzonite is not for everyone?

I mostly like the fact that it is a "splitter tour". in jtree. home of the perfect splitters.

drivel

Dec 10, 2012, 9:30 PM
Post #94574 of 105309 (4038 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:

I mostly like the fact that it is a "splitter tour". in jtree. home of the perfect splitters.

i mean, I'm an idiot and all... but aren't a lot of the cracks at Jtree technically splitter cracks? in that they split a face, rather than being in a dihedral/corner?

Partner camhead

Dec 10, 2012, 9:35 PM
Post #94575 of 105309 (4035 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:

i mean, I'm an idiot and all... but aren't a lot of the cracks at Jtree technically splitter cracks? in that they split a face, rather than being in a dihedral/corner?

I suppose so, altough a lot (say, Hot Rocks), are kind of insipient seam-type cracks. If splitter = straight in, parallel sided IC lines, there aren't many in Jtree.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3779 3780 3781 3782 3783 3784 3785 3786 3787 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook