Shortcut

Re: [pinktricam] Republicanism working... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
...He virtually single-handedly destroyed the Soviet Empire...well, that and the fact that he happened to be the very charismatic president in office just as the piss poor political, social and economic ideology of Marx, Lenin and Trotsky's Communism was reaching its inevitable collapse. But, who knows, his hawkish foriegn policy may even of had a little to do with it, eh?

Uhh... no. Anyone with even a hint of knowledge of 20th century Soviet history knows that the USSR failed completely on its own. They would have collapsed with Raygun in office, and they would have collapsed with the corpse of Millard Fillmore in office.

I laughed...

Good. That was the idea.

don't worry, we're laughing at you, not with you.

iknowfear

Oct 19, 2012, 12:49 PM
Post #27 of 41 (1183 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] Republicanism working... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
...He virtually single-handedly destroyed the Soviet Empire...well, that and the fact that he happened to be the very charismatic president in office just as the piss poor political, social and economic ideology of Marx, Lenin and Trotsky's Communism was reaching its inevitable collapse. But, who knows, his hawkish foriegn policy may even of had a little to do with it, eh?

Uhh... no. Anyone with even a hint of knowledge of 20th century Soviet history knows that the USSR failed completely on its own. They would have collapsed with Raygun in office, and they would have collapsed with the corpse of Millard Fillmore in office.

I laughed...

Good. That was the idea.

am I the only one who read this part?

pinktricam

Oct 19, 2012, 2:06 PM
Post #28 of 41 (1178 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
pinktricam wrote:

I laughed...

Good. That was the idea.

No worries...same here!

curt

Oct 20, 2012, 11:28 PM
Post #29 of 41 (1160 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Yup, to get legitimacy of their party, today's republicans have to reach back 150 years to a guy who advocated big government, handouts to minorities, federally funded railways, land giveaways, and who on top of all that slept with a man on at least one occasion.

Which was also when Evangelical Christians campaigned for equal rights for women, prison reform, improved working conditions for workers and the expansion of universal, publicly funded education. Funny how times have changed, eh?

Curt

superchuffer

Oct 21, 2012, 9:25 AM
Post #30 of 41 (1141 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jesus is an American according to Mormonism, I for one, will welcome our new holy-underwear wearing overlords with open arms.

pinktricam

Oct 21, 2012, 12:33 PM
Post #31 of 41 (1136 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] Republicanism working... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
camhead wrote:
Yup, to get legitimacy of their party, today's republicans have to reach back 150 years to a guy who advocated big government, handouts to minorities, federally funded railways, land giveaways, and who on top of all that slept with a man on at least one occasion.

Which was also when Evangelical Christians campaigned for equal rights for women, prison reform, improved working conditions for workers and the expansion of universal, publicly funded education. Funny how times have changed, eh?

Curt

Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.~Ronald Reagan

Partner rrrADAM

Oct 22, 2012, 4:02 AM
Post #32 of 41 (1120 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
curt wrote:
camhead wrote:

Curt

Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.~Ronald Reagan

You "ignorant" retard... That is a bastardized quote from Mark Twain:
"The trouble with the world isn't that people know too little, but that they know so much that just ain't so."
~Mark Twain

So... Now you are showing us that "Ronnie" was a plagiarist, or, you are just too stupid to recognize it?

(This post was edited by rrrADAM on Oct 22, 2012, 4:04 AM)

curt

Oct 23, 2012, 4:20 PM
Post #33 of 41 (1092 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rrrADAM] Republicanism working... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rrrADAM wrote:
So... Now you are showing us that "Ronnie" was a plagiarist, or, you are just too stupid to recognize it?

Both actually.

Curt

pinktricam

Oct 23, 2012, 5:16 PM
Post #34 of 41 (1081 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] Republicanism working... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't really care where the original quote came from, the fact is it's a truism.

pinktricam

Dec 15, 2012, 12:13 AM
Post #35 of 41 (982 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

You might want to pick up a copy of James Oakes, Freedom National: The Destruction of Slavery in the United States, 1861-1865. It'll go a long way in dispelling some of the myths you appear to be teaching.

camhead

Dec 15, 2012, 6:31 AM
Post #36 of 41 (967 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
camhead wrote:

You might want to pick up a copy of James Oakes, Freedom National: The Destruction of Slavery in the United States, 1861-1865. It'll go a long way in dispelling some of the myths you appear to be teaching.

Like what? I've read several reviews of the book (have not read it yet, though), and it does not appear to contradict anything that I said above.

Partner rrrADAM

Dec 16, 2012, 11:21 AM
Post #37 of 41 (931 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
camhead wrote:

Like what? I've read several reviews of the book (have not read it yet, though), and it does not appear to contradict anything that I said above.

You do remember that pinkie has a filter that basically polarizes any data to fit the polarity he choses, right? It really doesn;t matter WHAT goes in, as only ONE thing comes out of that filter.

camhead

Dec 16, 2012, 11:56 AM
Post #38 of 41 (925 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rrrADAM] Republicanism working... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rrrADAM wrote:
camhead wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
camhead wrote:

You do remember that pinkie has a filter that basically polarizes any data to fit the polarity he choses, right? It really doesn;t matter WHAT goes in, as only ONE thing comes out of that filter.

More important, I think we all know why pinkie is staying out of the soapbox for the last few days.

Partner rrrADAM

Dec 16, 2012, 1:41 PM
Post #39 of 41 (920 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:
camhead wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
camhead wrote:

More important, I think we all know why pinkie is staying out of the soapbox for the last few days.

I think what happened in Newtown just sux...

But when I heard of the guy a couple days before in Florida (I think) who, with his CCL and gun, decided to complain about some loud music coming from a car of "blacks", felt threatened, then shot into the car, killing one... I couldn't help but think of pinkie. Looks like a well fed Southern Christian Redneck too.

(This post was edited by rrrADAM on Dec 16, 2012, 1:43 PM)

pinktricam

Dec 16, 2012, 2:54 PM
Post #40 of 41 (903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:
camhead wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
camhead wrote:

Yeah, I work at two hospitals AND I'm trying to get a couple of pieces of art for a show next month....I just don't have the time for your stupid shit.

Read the book and you'll see what I'm talking about with Lincoln and the EP.

camhead

Dec 16, 2012, 3:05 PM
Post #41 of 41 (897 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
camhead wrote:
rrrADAM wrote:
camhead wrote:
pinktricam wrote:
camhead wrote:

Yeah, I work at two hospitals AND I'm trying to get a couple of pieces of art for a show next month....I just don't have the time for your stupid shit.

Read the book and you'll see what I'm talking about with Lincoln and the EP.

Please tell me about how the objectives and means by which Lincoln began emancipation in 1863 contradict anything that I typed up-thread.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook