Forums: Community: The Soap Box:
What you won't hear much about in the media...
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Soap Box

Premier Sponsor:

pinktricam

Dec 17, 2012, 10:44 PM
Post #1 of 16 (1216 views)
Shortcut

What you won't hear much about in the media...
Report this Post
Can't Post

Actions Of Nick Meli Helped End The Oregon Mall Shooting

And he did it without firing a shot.

Partner rrrADAM

Dec 18, 2012, 4:16 AM
Post #2 of 16 (1190 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pinktricam] What you won't hear much about in the media... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

And, on the reality based side of life:
http://au.answers.yahoo.com/...0121217104307AAQkg4L

pink... There are some pretty good points in there, one has to willfully practice denial to get around... Which, or course, is no problem with you.

Remember... Just because you read it on the intenet doesn;t make it so, no matter how much you want it to be so.

pinktricam

Dec 18, 2012, 7:23 AM
Post #3 of 16 (1171 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rrrADAM] What you won't hear much about in the media... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You're link leads to a question that's been deleted.

Partner macherry

Dec 18, 2012, 8:04 AM
Post #4 of 16 (1165 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:

another bullshit story!!! people were killed, he didn't stop anything. he was delusional at best

pinktricam

Dec 18, 2012, 8:44 AM
Post #5 of 16 (1149 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] What you won't hear much about in the media... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
pinktricam wrote:

another bullshit story!!! people were killed, he didn't stop anything. he was delusional at best

Okay, I can't help you with that....you'll have to fix "stupid" on your own.

Partner rrrADAM

Dec 18, 2012, 10:24 AM
Post #6 of 16 (1129 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:

Yes... The person who asked the question was likely embarassed when confronted with reality and it showed how ignorant he was to believe it... Kinda like, well, ummm, YOU!

Unfortunately, you are incapable of seeing your own ignorance, despite the efforts of many to show you with actual data and evidence, and thus shielded from being embarassed by your positions on many things.

As I said... There are many points in there that require denail to get around...

Like:
Do you believe that there is a vast conspiracy to silence the MANY witnesses, and that ALL those witnesses are playing along with it?

or

NOBODY, OUT OF ALL THERE, witnessed this?

or

Why did he go hide after he confronted the guy, causing him to commit suicide?

Any reasonable answers?

(This post was edited by rrrADAM on Dec 18, 2012, 10:27 AM)

Partner macherry

Dec 18, 2012, 11:18 AM
Post #7 of 16 (1113 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rrrADAM wrote:
pinktricam wrote:

Yes... The person who asked the question was likely embarassed when confronted with reality and it showed how ignorant he was to believe it... Kinda like, well, ummm, YOU!

Unfortunately, you are incapable of seeing your own ignorance, despite the efforts of many to show you with actual data and evidence, and thus shielded from being embarassed by your positions on many things.

As I said... There are many points in there that require denail to get around...

Like:
Do you believe that there is a vast conspiracy to silence the MANY witnesses, and that ALL those witnesses are playing along with it?

or

NOBODY, OUT OF ALL THERE, witnessed this?

or

Why did he go hide after he confronted the guy, causing him to commit suicide?

Any reasonable answers?

there is no evidence in any stories i have read regarding this incident in the media or in this guy's account that showed he was responsible for stopping the shooter or preventing any deaths. from what i read the guy hid behind a garbage can and watched the gunman. how that helped anyone, i don't know.

pinktricam

Dec 18, 2012, 11:20 AM
Post #8 of 16 (1111 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just wow. You'll have to work on the "stupid" thing too. Maybe you and cherry can start a support group ;)

Anyway, when it comes to tactical decisions in the face of an insane situation like this, I'll go with the guy that had training. He did the wisest thing possible, he held his shot so as not to injure a bystander and retreated to a better position to take the shot.

Partner rrrADAM

Dec 18, 2012, 11:30 AM
Post #9 of 16 (1103 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
Just wow. You'll have to work on the "stupid" thing too. Maybe you and cherry can start a support group ;)

Anyway, when it comes to tactical decisions in the face of an insane situation like this, I'll go with the guy that had training. He did the wisest thing possible, he held his shot so as not to injure a bystander and retreated to a better position to take the shot.

As I said... "denial is required", and, once again, you show that you have this traight in abundance.

I suggest you make a facebook fan club page for this guy... You can be the president.

(This post was edited by rrrADAM on Dec 18, 2012, 11:32 AM)

Partner macherry

Dec 18, 2012, 4:02 PM
Post #10 of 16 (1072 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:

tell me how that helped?

pinktricam

Dec 18, 2012, 4:42 PM
Post #11 of 16 (1061 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] What you won't hear much about in the media... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
pinktricam wrote:

tell me how that helped?

Um, for starters, he didn't accidently kill anybody!

dr_feelgood

Dec 18, 2012, 7:36 PM
Post #12 of 16 (1044 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
macherry wrote:
pinktricam wrote:

tell me how that helped?

I ate a salad this afternoon and managed not to kill anyone either. This guy seems real special.

iknowfear

Dec 19, 2012, 3:00 AM
Post #13 of 16 (1020 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
macherry wrote:
pinktricam wrote:

tell me how that helped?

He is a great guy! He kept the elephants out of the plum trees as well!
(Do you see any elephant in a plum tree? See, thats how effective he was!)

Geez, how far have standars sunk that not "accidently kill anybody" is seen as success...

iknowfear

Dec 19, 2012, 3:04 AM
Post #14 of 16 (1018 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:

So what you are saying is that in an insane situation, even a guy with tactical training and a gun can do nothing.
So if the best possible outcome is not to take a shot, why would anyone need to pack heat?

People with training don't shoot.
People without training shoot and endanger or kill bystanders.
=> Less guns make you safer.

Partner rrrADAM

Dec 19, 2012, 7:41 AM
Post #15 of 16 (1002 views)
Shortcut

Re: [iknowfear] What you won't hear much about in the media... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

iknowfear wrote:
pinktricam wrote:

So what you are saying is that in an insane situation, even a guy with tactical training and a gun can do nothing.
So if the best possible outcome is not to take a shot, why would anyone need to pack heat?

Re: the bold above...

Not really... Remember at the Empire State Building not long ago, two trained cops shot 9 innocent bystanders trying to shoot a gunman.

And the popular buzz on the Conservative talkshows now is armed teachers and principles. Guess the nut-jobs believe that trained teachers will do better than trained law enforcement.

camhead

Dec 19, 2012, 10:34 AM
Post #16 of 16 (985 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rrrADAM wrote:
iknowfear wrote:
pinktricam wrote:

Re: the bold above...

Not really... Remember at the Empire State Building not long ago, two trained cops shot 9 innocent bystanders trying to shoot a gunman.

And the popular buzz on the Conservative talkshows now is armed teachers and principles. Guess the nut-jobs believe that trained teachers will do better than trained law enforcement.

Yeah, because an untrained civilian with a handgun is totally going to be able to stand up to a surprise attack by someone with an AR.

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook