Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3789 3790 3791 3792 3793 3794 3795 3796 3797 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Partner camhead

Dec 18, 2012, 4:32 PM
Post #94801 of 105309 (5086 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Bzat!

Partner camhead

Dec 18, 2012, 4:32 PM
Post #94802 of 105309 (5083 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

backitup

Partner camhead

Dec 18, 2012, 4:33 PM
Post #94803 of 105309 (5083 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

that should dew.

Partner camhead

Dec 18, 2012, 4:34 PM
Post #94804 of 105309 (5080 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
So the weather, she be a changing.

My leg/hip doesn't hurt with every weather change, but usually the transition from fall to winter and winter back to spring knocks will make me hurt for a few days.

The ache only started yesterday and a cold front is supossed to move in on Friday so this might be the one for the season.

ugh

What sort of hardware do you still have in?

I was wondering if I would be able to feel weather stuff with my pins and screws, but a) they are new enough that I'm already feeling them 24/7, and 2) with all the global warming it has not even come close to starting winter in Greyhio.

Partner camhead

Dec 18, 2012, 4:39 PM
Post #94805 of 105309 (5076 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Went to teh gym last night during peak hours for the first time. I've been going in the middle of the day, so that my hangbored musicand crutches won't annoy people. Plus, it's a small enough area that when there are more than 2-3 people in there, the humidity gets high enough to fuck with the workout.

Anyway, went in. Found out that another member of the gym meatbombed the topout of a mega-highball at Cooper's Rock, fractured his tibia. Kinetic members are dropping like flies and stacking like cordwood!

Hnagboreding is going good. After only three seshes, I'm up to 20lbs added on awl the grips, even shallow two finger pockets, which are my nemeses. Found some pinches that I'm pretty happy with. Don't think I'm going to mess with monos this time; if I can do a shallow two finger with 35 lbs, then a deep one-finger should be casual, right?

granite_grrl

Dec 18, 2012, 4:46 PM
Post #94806 of 105309 (5071 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

My leg/hip doesn't hurt with every weather change, but usually the transition from fall to winter and winter back to spring knocks will make me hurt for a few days.

The ache only started yesterday and a cold front is supossed to move in on Friday so this might be the one for the season.

ugh

What sort of hardware do you still have in?

I was wondering if I would be able to feel weather stuff with my pins and screws, but a) they are new enough that I'm already feeling them 24/7, and 2) with all the global warming it has not even come close to starting winter in Greyhio.

I have noshing left. Which is odd that the main point of ache is the location where the pin in my hip used to be. I'm hoping that this will improve as the years go on, but it probably won't.

snoopy138

Dec 18, 2012, 5:06 PM
Post #94807 of 105309 (5064 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Went to Eldo today, turns out its20 minutes from my house.

You have just discovered Eldo's best feature.
PG, the koala killer, burly and I went for a hike around the boy scout trail (we were going to check out the climbs but burly refused to cross the bridge) and it was quite nice.

there are climbs for which you don't have to cross teh bridge.

snoopy138

Dec 18, 2012, 5:07 PM
Post #94808 of 105309 (5061 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:

yeah, it's been sort of chilly here, in the 50s. thus, having to resort to the slightly overhanging slabby area.

caughtinside

Dec 18, 2012, 5:08 PM
Post #94809 of 105309 (5058 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Went to teh gym last night during peak hours for the first time. I've been going in the middle of the day, so that my hangbored musicand crutches won't annoy people. Plus, it's a small enough area that when there are more than 2-3 people in there, the humidity gets high enough to fuck with the workout.

Anyway, went in. Found out that another member of the gym meatbombed the topout of a mega-highball at Cooper's Rock, fractured his tibia. Kinetic members are dropping like flies and stacking like cordwood!

Hnagboreding is going good. After only three seshes, I'm up to 20lbs added on awl the grips, even shallow two finger pockets, which are my nemeses. Found some pinches that I'm pretty happy with. Don't think I'm going to mess with monos this time; if I can do a shallow two finger with 35 lbs, then a deep one-finger should be casual, right?

I am eating brownies for breakfast.

caughtinside

Dec 18, 2012, 5:10 PM
Post #94810 of 105309 (5056 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

yeah, it's been sort of chilly here, in the 50s. thus, having to resort to the slightly overhanging slabby area.

Rain is hosing me this wekend again! Although I think all my partners are driving down to Josh friday. I'm loaning out the MoleStar to Cornelius, look for it at a dummy dome near U.

snoopy138

Dec 18, 2012, 5:12 PM
Post #94811 of 105309 (5050 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

I've found that avoiding monos on rowts is usually the best policy.

tripperjm

Dec 18, 2012, 5:14 PM
Post #94812 of 105309 (5046 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Rain is hosing me this wekend again! Although I think all my partners are driving down to Josh friday. I'm loaning out the MoleStar to Cornelius, look for it at a dummy dome near U.

Enabler!!!!1

dr_feelgood

Dec 18, 2012, 5:19 PM
Post #94813 of 105309 (5042 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

PG, the koala killer, burly and I went for a hike around the boy scout trail (we were going to check out the climbs but burly refused to cross the bridge) and it was quite nice.

PG and Kudjo, but no Doc?

I am busily burning my retinas out in a dusty archive.

caughtinside

Dec 18, 2012, 5:40 PM
Post #94814 of 105309 (5032 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Enabler!!!!1

It's tru.

Funny story... I had been going to josh for years, years I tell you. I always wanted to stop at teh Sartintooth but always found an excuse not tew. When I did, I couldn't believe what I had been missing for all those years. Now I pay a visit every trip.

I try to relate what I have lerned to others, but they just do not believe me. Human kind is doomed to lern the same lessons perpetually.

snoopy138

Dec 18, 2012, 5:59 PM
Post #94815 of 105309 (5023 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Enabler!!!!1

Is he still going to be there the following weke end (29th/30th)? Want to get out to josh those two days, but it'll depend on having someone to climb with. Probibly teh asiant will be around, but always good to have a backup plan.

snoopy138

Dec 18, 2012, 6:01 PM
Post #94816 of 105309 (5022 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Enabler!!!!1

It's tru.

Funny story... I had been going to josh for years, years I tell you. I always wanted to stop at teh Sartintooth but always found an excuse not tew. When I did, I couldn't believe what I had been missing for all those years. Now I pay a visit every trip.

I try to relate what I have lerned to others, but they just do not believe me. Human kind is doomed to lern the same lessons perpetually.

when are you coming down to socak?

Partner camhead

Dec 18, 2012, 6:49 PM
Post #94817 of 105309 (5009 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:

I had coco puffs. Which are essentially brownies, with an afterthought of chocolate milk.

Partner camhead

Dec 18, 2012, 6:52 PM
Post #94818 of 105309 (5007 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

PG and Kudjo, but no Doc?

I am busily burning my retinas out in a dusty archive.

Awesomeness.

Speaking of academia, just heard from a friend of mine, the one who scooped me for this history prize. We both applied for awl teh same jorbs. He didn't get any interviews either. Getting pretty sick of this hole academic pyramid scheme.

carabiner96

Dec 18, 2012, 6:52 PM
Post #94819 of 105309 (5007 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:

I had coco puffs. Which are essentially brownies, with an afterthought of chocolate milk.
I made bitchen cinnamon buns the other day,noting starts the morning like 800 calories!

dr_feelgood

Dec 18, 2012, 7:14 PM
Post #94820 of 105309 (4996 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:

I made bitchen cinnamon buns the other day,noting starts the morning like 800 calories!
Yes, they are quite good.

snoopy138

Dec 18, 2012, 7:31 PM
Post #94821 of 105309 (4988 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:

just ate my special k.

caughtinside

Dec 18, 2012, 7:41 PM
Post #94822 of 105309 (4980 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Enabler!!!!1

Is he still going to be there the following weke end (29th/30th)? Want to get out to josh those two days, but it'll depend on having someone to climb with. Probibly teh asiant will be around, but always good to have a backup plan.

He'll be there

caughtinside

Dec 18, 2012, 7:42 PM
Post #94823 of 105309 (4978 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Enabler!!!!1

It's tru.

when are you coming down to socak?

shit, who noes. Hopefully early 2013. I'm burning up all my vaykay on trips to islands.

lena_chita

Dec 18, 2012, 8:40 PM
Post #94824 of 105309 (4966 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbingtrash] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingtrash wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Pretty dresses!

Dribble just bought a gnu dress, which looks pretty gud on him, considering he's a boy-girl and all.

Speaking ov boy-girl, last weekend I was down in Vegas at the c0wboy marketplace helping my girlfriend in here booth. This late 30ish chick walks in, gives my GF a hug and is awl, I haven't seen ewe in years! My GF is acting a little weird like she's knot quite sure who this lady is and I figure I'll help her owt and introduce myself. She shakes my hand and tells me her name is Sophie and I'll be damned if Sophie doesn't have teh biggest man hands I've evar seen. She's knot a bad looking lady, awl cowgirled up in teh skinny jeans tucked into boots and a scooped neck blouse. She starts to go on about how she still haz teh cattle ranch in 'rado and teh architecture firm in Santa Fe, and how her divorce has cost her a million. So I sits there listening to teh small talk and something just isn't adding up. Finally she leaves and teh GF turns and looks at me with this look and I say, what teh hell was that? Guess teh rumors she'd been hearing were true...turns owt Sophie used to be Pedro, a GUY teh GF gnew frum her stint in Santa Fe. I guess teh guy girl was married, had 3 kids and was souper religious. I'm guessing he's she's knot now.

I only ever met one M-to-F convert, and she was always the best-dressed lady EVAR! But she did the operation right after college, before starting graduate school. Can't imagine doing it post 3 kids, marriage, etc. The guy lady must have been desperate.

lena_chita

Dec 18, 2012, 8:53 PM
Post #94825 of 105309 (4962 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

Nice! I am wondering if weight addition should be calculated proportional to body weight?

I am doing well, I think. I am up to 10 lb added on 4 holds now, 15 lb added on one hold, and only subtracting 5 pounds on the 6th hold, on which I started out subtracting 20.

To answer your comment on facespace -- yes, my forearms are definitely getting trashed, I can barely lift a 20lb weight in order to put it in the cubby at the end of the workout.

But even though the forearms are getting trashed, they don't really feel SORE the next day, maybe super-mild sore, nothing worth mentioning. But my shoulders feel sore on both sides-- not like hurt sore, more like muscle sore... It is mostly deltoids, but also a bit of triceps. I wonder if it has anything to do with how narrow/wide the hangbored holds are?

First page Previous page 1 ... 3789 3790 3791 3792 3793 3794 3795 3796 3797 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook