Forums: Community: Campground:
Fasespace Question
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 


wanderlustmd


Dec 18, 2012, 7:31 PM
Post #1 of 12 (1598 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 24, 2006
Posts: 8149

Fasespace Question
Report this Post
Can't Post

For all the computer people....

When I log onto facebook, I can see the top tool bar with friend notifications, messages and all that stuff, but the actual newsfeed/homepage screen is blank. Can't see my page, friends' pages, etc. I've reset my browser settings, enabled scripting, blah blah blah but it still won't work.

Emailed the facebook people but they don't write back. Any ideas? Is this a kind of bug? Other PW protected social media (i.e. Twitter) seems to be fine.


Gmburns2000


Dec 19, 2012, 10:49 AM
Post #2 of 12 (1547 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15152

Re: [wanderlustmd] Fasespace Question [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
For all the computer people....

When I log onto facebook, I can see the top tool bar with friend notifications, messages and all that stuff, but the actual newsfeed/homepage screen is blank. Can't see my page, friends' pages, etc. I've reset my browser settings, enabled scripting, blah blah blah but it still won't work.

Emailed the facebook people but they don't write back. Any ideas? Is this a kind of bug? Other PW protected social media (i.e. Twitter) seems to be fine.

seriously. the world is going to end in two days and you're worried about this.


Partner macherry


Dec 19, 2012, 11:25 AM
Post #3 of 12 (1540 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15802

Re: [Gmburns2000] Fasespace Question [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

two days!! take me now, i think i'm fighting a case of food poisoning from eating pork tacos last night!!!


Gmburns2000


Dec 19, 2012, 11:41 AM
Post #4 of 12 (1532 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15152

Re: [macherry] Fasespace Question [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
two days!! take me now, i think i'm fighting a case of food poisoning from eating pork tacos last night!!!

The Mayans totally ate pork tacos. Ma, I hope you feel better you're the messenger!


Partner macherry


Dec 19, 2012, 12:21 PM
Post #5 of 12 (1528 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15802

Re: [Gmburns2000] Fasespace Question [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

you will all feel the wrath of the pork taco


wanderlustmd


Dec 19, 2012, 3:34 PM
Post #6 of 12 (1516 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 24, 2006
Posts: 8149

Re: [Gmburns2000] Fasespace Question [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
For all the computer people....

When I log onto facebook, I can see the top tool bar with friend notifications, messages and all that stuff, but the actual newsfeed/homepage screen is blank. Can't see my page, friends' pages, etc. I've reset my browser settings, enabled scripting, blah blah blah but it still won't work.

Emailed the facebook people but they don't write back. Any ideas? Is this a kind of bug? Other PW protected social media (i.e. Twitter) seems to be fine.

seriously. the world is going to end in two days and you're worried about this.
Aren't you due to break your leg on a 5.5?


Gmburns2000


Dec 19, 2012, 3:45 PM
Post #7 of 12 (1512 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15152

Re: [wanderlustmd] Fasespace Question [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
For all the computer people....

When I log onto facebook, I can see the top tool bar with friend notifications, messages and all that stuff, but the actual newsfeed/homepage screen is blank. Can't see my page, friends' pages, etc. I've reset my browser settings, enabled scripting, blah blah blah but it still won't work.

Emailed the facebook people but they don't write back. Any ideas? Is this a kind of bug? Other PW protected social media (i.e. Twitter) seems to be fine.

seriously. the world is going to end in two days and you're worried about this.
Aren't you due to break your leg on a 5.5?

no


wanderlustmd


Dec 19, 2012, 7:10 PM
Post #8 of 12 (1495 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 24, 2006
Posts: 8149

Re: [Gmburns2000] Fasespace Question [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
For all the computer people....

When I log onto facebook, I can see the top tool bar with friend notifications, messages and all that stuff, but the actual newsfeed/homepage screen is blank. Can't see my page, friends' pages, etc. I've reset my browser settings, enabled scripting, blah blah blah but it still won't work.

Emailed the facebook people but they don't write back. Any ideas? Is this a kind of bug? Other PW protected social media (i.e. Twitter) seems to be fine.

seriously. the world is going to end in two days and you're worried about this.
Aren't you due to break your leg on a 5.5?

no
Try harder


mojomonkey


Dec 20, 2012, 8:45 AM
Post #9 of 12 (1477 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 13, 2006
Posts: 843

Re: [wanderlustmd] Fasespace Question [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
For all the computer people....

When I log onto facebook, I can see the top tool bar with friend notifications, messages and all that stuff, but the actual newsfeed/homepage screen is blank. Can't see my page, friends' pages, etc. I've reset my browser settings, enabled scripting, blah blah blah but it still won't work.

Emailed the facebook people but they don't write back. Any ideas? Is this a kind of bug? Other PW protected social media (i.e. Twitter) seems to be fine.

You said you allow scripts, but is that just facebook domains? They recently moved scripts to akamaihd.net so that needs to be allowed for as well. With it blocked, you get a blank newsfeed.


(This post was edited by mojomonkey on Dec 20, 2012, 12:28 PM)


wanderlustmd


Dec 21, 2012, 10:12 AM
Post #10 of 12 (1448 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 24, 2006
Posts: 8149

Re: [mojomonkey] Fasespace Question [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

mojomonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
For all the computer people....

When I log onto facebook, I can see the top tool bar with friend notifications, messages and all that stuff, but the actual newsfeed/homepage screen is blank. Can't see my page, friends' pages, etc. I've reset my browser settings, enabled scripting, blah blah blah but it still won't work.

Emailed the facebook people but they don't write back. Any ideas? Is this a kind of bug? Other PW protected social media (i.e. Twitter) seems to be fine.

You said you allow scripts, but is that just facebook domains? They recently moved scripts to akamaihd.net so that needs to be allowed for as well. With it blocked, you get a blank newsfeed.
How do you specifically allow for those scripts? I didn't see an option for those in particular. I'm using IE for a browser, and I've attached a pic of what I'm seeing when I login.
Attachments: Facebook problem.jpg (76.1 KB)


climbingtrash


Dec 23, 2012, 7:08 PM
Post #11 of 12 (1408 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 19, 2006
Posts: 4822

Re: [wanderlustmd] Fasespace Question [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
mojomonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
For all the computer people....

When I log onto facebook, I can see the top tool bar with friend notifications, messages and all that stuff, but the actual newsfeed/homepage screen is blank. Can't see my page, friends' pages, etc. I've reset my browser settings, enabled scripting, blah blah blah but it still won't work.

Emailed the facebook people but they don't write back. Any ideas? Is this a kind of bug? Other PW protected social media (i.e. Twitter) seems to be fine.

You said you allow scripts, but is that just facebook domains? They recently moved scripts to akamaihd.net so that needs to be allowed for as well. With it blocked, you get a blank newsfeed.
How do you specifically allow for those scripts? I didn't see an option for those in particular. I'm using IE for a browser, and I've attached a pic of what I'm seeing when I login.

yore d00med!


USnavy


Dec 24, 2012, 4:40 AM
Post #12 of 12 (1396 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 5, 2007
Posts: 2661

Re: [wanderlustmd] Fasespace Question [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
mojomonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
For all the computer people....

When I log onto facebook, I can see the top tool bar with friend notifications, messages and all that stuff, but the actual newsfeed/homepage screen is blank. Can't see my page, friends' pages, etc. I've reset my browser settings, enabled scripting, blah blah blah but it still won't work.

Emailed the facebook people but they don't write back. Any ideas? Is this a kind of bug? Other PW protected social media (i.e. Twitter) seems to be fine.

You said you allow scripts, but is that just facebook domains? They recently moved scripts to akamaihd.net so that needs to be allowed for as well. With it blocked, you get a blank newsfeed.
I'm using IE for a browser
There is your problem. Here, allow me to help: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/


Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook