Scarpa wms Techno vs Sportiva wms Nago in Crack
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

acherry

Apr 3, 2009, 5:30 PM
Post #26 of 32 (2286 views)
Shortcut

Re: [iamthewallress] Scarpa wms Techno vs Sportiva wms Nago in Crack [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Ah, I see that you are talking about. I'm am now certain that resoling would be completely normal. I have had many many shoes resoled and I have only ever had a half resole done. So since at the forefoot the sole and the rand are just glued together there's no issue. Resolers chop half the sole off normally.

tigerlilly

Apr 3, 2009, 6:27 PM
Post #27 of 32 (2274 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] Scarpa wms Techno vs Sportiva wms Nago in Crack [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Fwiw, i just got my technos resoled at the plattsburg place for $30.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but how good is their work? I was thinking about sending a pair of shoes there.

iamthewallress

Apr 3, 2009, 6:35 PM
Post #28 of 32 (2273 views)
Shortcut

Re: [acherry] Scarpa wms Techno vs Sportiva wms Nago in Crack [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

acherry wrote:
Ah, I see that you are talking about. I'm am now certain that resoling would be completely normal. I have had many many shoes resoled and I have only ever had a half resole done. So since at the forefoot the sole and the rand are just glued together there's no issue. Resolers chop half the sole off normally.

If you start climbing wider cracks (where you use teh back of your foot a lot), you'll probably need to have the whole enchillada done eventually (or new shoes). Not a prob, perhaps, if you really like them and don't mind or stick to the smaller stuff.

I need to fix my rands every couple of repairs. I also thought that the little tension strap would be likely to get ground through in wide cracks and would be difficult (impossible?) to replace.

(This post was edited by iamthewallress on Apr 3, 2009, 6:41 PM)

acherry

Apr 3, 2009, 7:08 PM
Post #29 of 32 (2264 views)
Shortcut

Re: [iamthewallress] Scarpa wms Techno vs Sportiva wms Nago in Crack [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, that's true about wider cracks... Although I do tend to avoid them!

I tend to feel like I want less tension behind my achilles (sp?), so I don't think I'd mind losing the ankle strap thingy. That's one thing that kills me about my current crack shoes is how much they dig into my achilles-es. :)~

iamthewallress

Apr 3, 2009, 7:28 PM
Post #30 of 32 (2256 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

acherry wrote:

I tend to feel like I want less tension behind my achilles (sp?), so I don't think I'd mind losing the ankle strap thingy. That's one thing that kills me about my current crack shoes is how much they dig into my achilles-es. :)~

I know what you mean. When I started climbing everyone told me the Boreal Ace was the be all end all "trad shoe". So I bought some. Never had such achilles pain in my life.

carabiner96

Apr 4, 2009, 12:58 AM
Post #31 of 32 (2236 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tigerlilly] Scarpa wms Techno vs Sportiva wms Nago in Crack [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tigerlilly wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Fwiw, i just got my technos resoled at the plattsburg place for $30.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but how good is their work? I was thinking about sending a pair of shoes there.

They look nice...haven't climbed on them yet, will let you know if the toes fall off!

adavis123

Dec 26, 2012, 7:59 PM
Post #32 of 32 (1803 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm between two shoes, the La Sportiva Nago and the Mad Rock Flash 2.0. I consider myself an intermediate climber and I climb a 5.10b and sometimes c. I was wondering if anyone has used these shoes or which ones I should get. I am mainly going to use these shoes for the gym. Also price doesn't matter to me, so I don't care if the Nago's are more expensive. Is one better for smearing, heel-hooking, edging, anything? I've been using the Mad Rock Phoenix's as my main climbing shoes.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook