Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3814 3815 3816 3817 3818 3819 3820 3821 3822 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

drivel

Jan 13, 2013, 6:30 PM
Post #95426 of 105309 (6577 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
drivel wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
My friend got kinda hosed at Ouray this morning, she climbed first and it was -4. Oh well, someone has to go first. The women's field seems much larger than last year.

C? or F?
F

Oh.....I was thinking in C (cause -4C isn't too bad!).

yah, that's why I was wondering. -4 C, not TOOOO bad. for ice climbing, mean, where you already assume 's gonna be cold. -4 F is decidedly really fucking cold though.

granite_grrl

Jan 13, 2013, 6:51 PM
Post #95427 of 105309 (6573 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
drivel wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
My friend got kinda hosed at Ouray this morning, she climbed first and it was -4. Oh well, someone has to go first. The women's field seems much larger than last year.

C? or F?
F

yah, that's why I was wondering. -4 C, not TOOOO bad. for ice climbing, mean, where you already assume 's gonna be cold. -4 F is decidedly really fucking cold though.

Yeah, -4F is about my limit for what I'll willingly go out at climb in during the day.

Partner camhead

Jan 13, 2013, 7:01 PM
Post #95428 of 105309 (6571 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
drivel wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
drivel wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

C? or F?
F

Yeah, -4F is about my limit for what I'll willingly go out at climb in during the day.

-4 C is not too bad. If it was sunny I would still boulder in those temps.

Winters where I grew up in NoUT would regularly get down to well below Zero F. Funny thing is that the stupid clammy, wet cold in Greyhio, which I don't think has ever gotten below the teens since I've live here, feels colder than stuff in Yewtaw.

dr_feelgood

Jan 13, 2013, 7:06 PM
Post #95429 of 105309 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
drivel wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
drivel wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

C? or F?
F

Winters where I grew up in NoUT would regularly get down to well below Zero F. Funny thing is that the stupid clammy, wet cold in Greyhio, which I don't think has ever gotten below the teens since I've live here, feels colder than stuff in Yewtaw.

The weather up in hyalite. It's been around or below zero for the past three days.
Mah milk is frozen and the honey is mighty slow here.

Partner camhead

Jan 13, 2013, 7:14 PM
Post #95430 of 105309 (6568 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gud day yesterday. Went over to our gym's v14 cockroach's garage, where he was all psyched that his gf had gotten him the Beastmaker 2000 for Christmas Hanukkah. I call it the Beastmaster instead, because THIS IS AWESOME.

Anyway, it's the Rolls Royce of hangboreds, definitely. The wood texture is super easy on the skin, and surprisingly high friction. I usually have to chalk every two reps, but I was able to do full seven rep sets on slimpers and slopers without every having to chalk, and this was on a day that was SUPER muggy for January. Our other fiernd did blow a flapper open, and the beastmaker owner banzed him from the board, he was so freaked out about ruining its texture with blood.

So, killer board sesh, was pleased to see how my Endurance was shaping up in relation to the cockroach's (I still can't touch him on pure strength, obviously, and don't really want to).

Went on to our friendly neighborhood bar for delayed burfday celebrations. It's literally 30 seconds form our back door, but we only make it there maybe twice a year, which is a good thing. We karaoked the night away, bunch of climbing and swingity swing fiernds showed up. We lit off fireworks in the parking lot on our way back home. Was pretty restrained actually.

that is awl.

Partner camhead

Jan 13, 2013, 7:21 PM
Post #95431 of 105309 (6567 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
drivel wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
drivel wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

C? or F?
F

The weather up in hyalite. It's been around or below zero for the past three days.
Mah milk is frozen and the honey is mighty slow here.

Word. The WY/MT/ID borderlands have long been the coldest area in the lower 48.

granite_grrl

Jan 13, 2013, 11:46 PM
Post #95432 of 105309 (6550 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Gud day yesterday. Went over to our gym's v14 cockroach's garage, where he was all psyched that his gf had gotten him the Beastmaker 2000 for Christmas Hanukkah. I call it the Beastmaster instead, because THIS IS AWESOME.

[image]http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/marc-singer-beastmaster.jpg[/image]

Anyway, it's the Rolls Royce of hangboreds, definitely. The wood texture is super easy on the skin, and surprisingly high friction. I usually have to chalk every two reps, but I was able to do full seven rep sets on slimpers and slopers without every having to chalk, and this was on a day that was SUPER muggy for January. Our other fiernd did blow a flapper open, and the beastmaker owner banzed him from the board, he was so freaked out about ruining its texture with blood.

So, killer board sesh, was pleased to see how my Endurance was shaping up in relation to the cockroach's (I still can't touch him on pure strength, obviously, and don't really want to).

Went on to our friendly neighborhood bar for delayed burfday celebrations. It's literally 30 seconds form our back door, but we only make it there maybe twice a year, which is a good thing. We karaoked the night away, bunch of climbing and swingity swing fiernds showed up. We lit off fireworks in the parking lot on our way back home. Was pretty restrained actually.

that is awl.

ICT

I got my hands on the beastmaker 1000 a while ago but left it with Nathan in favor of the premounted old skool Nicros one he brought into the relationship (which I think is the same one that Manderson has in his rock prodigy workout).

lena_chita

Jan 14, 2013, 1:59 AM
Post #95433 of 105309 (6539 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
Doc! You are needed here!

http://www.rockclimbing.com/..._reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

all my posts are going to get 1-starred now!

As they should be

No more star ratings, unfortunately. Someone (cough cough) exiled the thread into the Shitbox.

Even though we awl noes it's CI's fault, I blame it on that stupid green jacket that smells like lysol... and teh dislussions ov grandor that goes with it.

Course, I'm more upset by teh few moments I wasted won staring that are nau worthless and resulted in me being GU'd by teh dawg.

Don't worry, GU happens even to the best, and you aren't one.

Huh? Must have lost sunthin in teh translation.... Did ewe just call me fat?

If the glove fits.... when everything else doesn't... my clipbored says tis true.

I seem to be having trouble with teh google russian translator....

Did ewe just ask me to pull yore hair and bite yore ass?

You could try, but I don't think you are in good enough shape for the task.

Besides, I am still so upset about Troll dumping me, you could be in more danger than you realize. Everyone knows I am lethal when mad.

WOHOOO!!!!!1

I'm in.....

and knot to worry, I has teh experience with wimin, that wunts to kill me.

Yeah, but you'll probably ferget all about it by the next time you never come to visit the Red River rest area...

meatbomz

Jan 14, 2013, 5:07 AM
Post #95434 of 105309 (6532 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

[image]http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/marc-singer-beastmaster.jpg[/image]

that is awl.

Nice hangbored TR

meatbomz

Jan 14, 2013, 5:08 AM
Post #95435 of 105309 (6531 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Si I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think the monkey made it into the semi's. I'm still holding my breath because it looks like they haven't updated the results for a while now (stupid Korea, why can'nt they just have a live feed like everybody else?)

nutz

He came in at 15 or 30 in his group. Even taking both men's group at the same time he came in ~30 of 60. Considering he's never done a comp like this before he actually did not too bad IMO.

We are looking for Top 10 this leg.

granite_grrl

Jan 14, 2013, 12:40 PM
Post #95436 of 105309 (6519 views)
Shortcut

Re: [meatbomz] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Si I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think the monkey made it into the semi's. I'm still holding my breath because it looks like they haven't updated the results for a while now (stupid Korea, why can'nt they just have a live feed like everybody else?)

nutz

He came in at 15 or 30 in his group. Even taking both men's group at the same time he came in ~30 of 60. Considering he's never done a comp like this before he actually did not too bad IMO.

We are looking for Top 10 this leg.

Yes, I told him he wasn't a complete embaressment but he better do better next comp.

Partner camhead

Jan 14, 2013, 2:58 PM
Post #95437 of 105309 (6513 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Heh, so, more wheather tawk...

On teh facespace this morning, everyone out west was going, OMG, it's -10! -15! -25!

Then, I see Kel, who sez, OMG, it's 25! Though, that is pretty cold for Vegas.

Greyhio is just boring, wet, and 30s. Meh.

granite_grrl

Jan 14, 2013, 3:08 PM
Post #95438 of 105309 (6510 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

On teh facespace this morning, everyone out west was going, OMG, it's -10! -15! -25!

already passed our hight for today, temps are just going to keep dropping.

So I signed up for this running clinic this weekend. The hope is to make running less hateful for me because it's an excellent way to keep off weight. Ran Thurs and Sat, tonight will be the first time out when it's actually kinda cold. I'm running 10min and walking 1min for 5km so we'll see how much more hateful the cold weather makes it for me.

Partner camhead

Jan 14, 2013, 3:20 PM
Post #95439 of 105309 (6509 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:

So I signed up for this running clinic this weekend. The hope is to make running less hateful for me because it's an excellent way to keep off weight. Ran Thurs and Sat, tonight will be the first time out when it's actually kinda cold. I'm running 10min and walking 1min for 5km so we'll see how much more hateful the cold weather makes it for me.

Was talking about this the other day after teh dribble went and ran on the eliptical at the university. I have always really hated running, mostly because the jarring hurts my knees. A long time ago I liked hiking, would occasionally hike 35+ miles in a day, but I've never ran more than probably 2.5 miles at a time. Anyho, elipticals sound kind of cool for getting cardio without the jarring. Or, cycling. Yeah.

I've been considering checking out the campus gym's options for legless cardio machines.

lena_chita

Jan 14, 2013, 4:16 PM
Post #95440 of 105309 (6506 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

that is awl.

Do i know this V14 cockroach? The board looks pretty awesome.

I am progressing well on hngbored, ithink. Not subtracting any waight on the one hold where I started with -20lb, and up to 15 lb added on all holds, except the mini-jug, on which I am up to 20lb.

There are a bunch of people who want to get hangbored with me, but on a sporadic basis, as in, once every couple weeks. I am happy that I have company, bc it is a bitch to do alone, and it works out so i have company for 2/3 hangbored workouts. But the difference is pretty clear. I am 20 lbs up from where I started, and they are still falling off the same holds they started on, with no weight.

I actually stooped to using CHALK now... yes, it is true... These last couple days were so warm and humid, and I could tell the difference on small crimpers for sure.

Can't wait until the gym finishes the remodeling and moves the hangboards and systems/campus walls up in a separate training corner, away from the pathway to the bathroom, where every visiting gumbie with greasy pizza fingers wants to come and crank a few pullups on jugs. I wouldn't mind THAT, bc I don't use the jugs, but then they admiringly touch every other hold on the hangbored and smear the pizza grease on them, too.

Partner camhead

Jan 14, 2013, 4:29 PM
Post #95441 of 105309 (6500 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

that is awl.

I am progressing well on hngbored, ithink. Not subtracting any waight on the one hold where I started with -20lb, and up to 15 lb added on all holds, except the mini-jug, on which I am up to 20lb.

There are a bunch of people who want to get hangbored with me, but on a sporadic basis, as in, once every couple weeks. I am happy that I have company, bc it is a bitch to do alone, and it works out so i have company for 2/3 hangbored workouts. But the difference is pretty clear. I am 20 lbs up from where I started, and they are still falling off the same holds they started on, with no weight.

I actually stooped to using CHALK now... yes, it is true... These last couple days were so warm and humid, and I could tell the difference on small crimpers for sure.

Can't wait until the gym finishes the remodeling and moves the hangboards and systems/campus walls up in a separate training corner, away from the pathway to the bathroom, where every visiting gumbie with greasy pizza fingers wants to come and crank a few pullups on jugs. I wouldn't mind THAT, bc I don't use the jugs, but then they admiringly touch every other hold on the hangbored and smear the pizza grease on them, too.

Cockroach is Aaron, a med student here. Not exactly a cockroach, since he's i his early 20s, but is most definitely a double-digit mutant. Super gneiss guy, too.

And yeah, the key to improving on the hangbored is just consistency, like you said. That's part of the reason that I feel even the folks that want to do like 1 brief 20 minute sesh once a week after climbing, just won't see that many gains.

On the chawk thingie, think of it like this: use of chalk in climbing can be a personal stylistic choice. But, the whole purpose of hangboreding is to build forearm and finger strength as quickly and efficiently as possible. So, if you are able to do 15 lbs without chalk, that probably means that you could do 20 lbs with chalk, thus making more gains. So, it is just silly not to use it. The end goal is ALWAYS to make yourself fall off from muscle failure, not from slipping.

caughtinside

Jan 14, 2013, 4:32 PM
Post #95442 of 105309 (6498 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

It's cold. My facespace feed had three screenshots of iphone weather. facespace sux.

granite_grrl

Jan 14, 2013, 4:38 PM
Post #95443 of 105309 (6495 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

that is awl.

Cockroach is Aaron, a med student here. Not exactly a cockroach, since he's i his early 20s, but is most definitely a double-digit mutant. Super gneiss guy, too.

And yeah, the key to improving on the hangbored is just consistency, like you said. That's part of the reason that I feel even the folks that want to do like 1 brief 20 minute sesh once a week after climbing, just won't see that many gains.

On the chawk thingie, think of it like this: use of chalk in climbing can be a personal stylistic choice. But, the whole purpose of hangboreding is to build forearm and finger strength as quickly and efficiently as possible. So, if you are able to do 15 lbs without chalk, that probably means that you could do 20 lbs with chalk, thus making more gains. So, it is just silly not to use it. The end goal is ALWAYS to make yourself fall off from muscle failure, not from slipping.

So here's a questoin: at what point does a guys stop being a cockroach? In your early 20s most guys are still ragging pretty okay with testosterone and while their healing powers aren't quite that of Wolverene anymore, they still seem to heal damn quick.

lena_chita

Jan 14, 2013, 5:07 PM
Post #95444 of 105309 (6487 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

that is awl.

So here's a questoin: at what point does a guys stop being a cockroach? In your early 20s most guys are still ragging pretty okay with testosterone and while their healing powers aren't quite that of Wolverene anymore, they still seem to heal damn quick.

Pretty easy. They are cockroaches until Jack says they aren't.

snoopy138

Jan 14, 2013, 5:20 PM
Post #95445 of 105309 (6483 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
camhead wrote:
Znupe! Those awesome Szechuan peanuts you got me have another cool use. There're always crumbs of the pepper bits in the bottom of the bag, and I've started using them as seasoning for other stuff. Pretty rad.

That is awl.

not that rad, actually.

sounds pretty rad.

snoopy138

Jan 14, 2013, 5:27 PM
Post #95446 of 105309 (6472 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

overnight lows are in the high 30s/low 40s here. which is pretty damn cold for teh westside.

snoopy138

Jan 14, 2013, 5:29 PM
Post #95447 of 105309 (6467 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:

overnight lows are in the high 30s/low 40s here. which is pretty damn cold for teh westside.

but, temps will be up 20 degrees by the end of the weke.

carabiner96

Jan 14, 2013, 5:33 PM
Post #95448 of 105309 (6462 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:

Was talking about this the other day after teh dribble went and ran on the eliptical at the university. I have always really hated running, mostly because the jarring hurts my knees. A long time ago I liked hiking, would occasionally hike 35+ miles in a day, but I've never ran more than probably 2.5 miles at a time. Anyho, elipticals sound kind of cool for getting cardio without the jarring. Or, cycling. Yeah.

I've been considering checking out the campus gym's options for legless cardio machines.
I just purchased a feet-only elliptical, that has stretch bands for your arms and can slide under the couch. Should come today.

granite_grrl

Jan 14, 2013, 5:49 PM
Post #95449 of 105309 (6453 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:

I just purchased a feet-only elliptical, that has stretch bands for your arms and can slide under the couch. Should come today.

I really dislike ellipticals. The movement on them doesn't feel right.

carabiner96

Jan 14, 2013, 5:58 PM
Post #95450 of 105309 (6445 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:

I really dislike ellipticals. The movement on them doesn't feel right.
I think this one is a stepper with some twisty motion? I'm taking advantage of my free month of amazon prime that I got with the new kindle fire, so it's free shipping both ways...I'll put it together, fall off of it a few times, and send it back if it's weird.

I agree, the full size ones are weird.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3814 3815 3816 3817 3818 3819 3820 3821 3822 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook