Forums: Climbing Information: Gear Heads:
Red chili shoes.... Yes another red chili post.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

 


Stone0826


Jan 19, 2013, 2:19 PM
Post #1 of 9 (3963 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 9, 2012
Posts: 27

Red chili shoes.... Yes another red chili post.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Ok I have burned through a few pairs of shoes but when I received my red chili's I was taken back by the quality, they broke in in less than 2 trips and there just an awesome shoe! I've had the corona vcr for a little over a year and I love them. Getting the sizing right was luck but I just converted my la sportiva size and the size I received fit perfectly. I just think its crap that no one else sells them, they're such an awesome shoe. Picking up some matadors next month just to have An extra pair of shoes. I'll repost after the break in is complete. If you haven't tried them... Try em' they're my go to shoe now. I love em' just thought I'd do a new post all the others were from like 2001. I'm not a sales rep, I would really like to see other people give them a shot and expierence a good shoe.

Happy climbing.


billcoe_


Jan 20, 2013, 6:57 AM
Post #2 of 9 (3831 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 30, 2002
Posts: 4668

Re: [Stone0826] Red chili shoes.... Yes another red chili post. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Stone0826 wrote:
Ok I have burned through a few pairs of shoes but when I received my red chili's I was taken back by the quality, they broke in in less than 2 trips and there just an awesome shoe! I've had the corona vcr for a little over a year and I love them. Getting the sizing right was luck but I just converted my la sportiva size and the size I received fit perfectly. I just think its crap that no one else sells them, they're such an awesome shoe. Picking up some matadors next month just to have An extra pair of shoes. I'll repost after the break in is complete. If you haven't tried them... Try em' they're my go to shoe now. I love em' just thought I'd do a new post all the others were from like 2001. I'm not a sales rep, I would really like to see other people give them a shot and expierence a good shoe.

Happy climbing.


Meh, looks like every other wannabe climbing shoe out there now. I'm OK with Red Chili products in general, not dissin. For myself, I'd show no love to a product that only lasted 2 trips. I have an old pair of Red Chili Spirits that I had out @ a week back. I bought them in Paris in 2000, so they're 12 years old. They're on their 6th resole, and so oversized I only wear them with socks (wintertime) anymore.

Here they are, center pair, next to the ones I bought my son for Christmas dirt cheap on sale. Same exact model and color of shoe, but old vs new.




avalon420


Jan 20, 2013, 7:05 AM
Post #3 of 9 (3826 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 28, 2005
Posts: 281

Re: [billcoe_] Red chili shoes.... Yes another red chili post. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post


Code
billcoe_ wrote:
Stone0826 wrote:
Ok I have burned through a few pairs of shoes but when I received my red chili's I was taken back by the quality, they broke in in less than 2 trips and there just an awesome shoe! I've had the corona vcr for a little over a year and I love them. Getting the sizing right was luck but I just converted my la sportiva size and the size I received fit perfectly. I just think its crap that no one else sells them, they're such an awesome shoe. Picking up some matadors next month just to have An extra pair of shoes. I'll repost after the break in is complete. If you haven't tried them... Try em' they're my go to shoe now. I love em' just thought I'd do a new post all the others were from like 2001. I'm not a sales rep, I would really like to see other people give them a shot and expierence a good shoe.

Happy climbing.

[image]http://www.globetrotter.de/jpg_prod/p/p175884-i126080b.jpg[/image]
Meh, looks like every other wannabe climbing shoe out there now. I'm OK with Red Chili products in general, not dissin. For myself, I'd show no love to a product that only lasted 2 trips. I have an old pair of Red Chili Spirits that I had out @ a week back. I bought them in Paris in 2000, so they're 12 years old. They're on their 6th resole, and so oversized I only wear them with socks (wintertime) anymore.

Here they are, center pair, next to the ones I bought my son for Christmas dirt cheap on sale. Same exact model and color of shoe, but old vs new.

[image]http://cascadeclimbers.com/plab/data/500/medium/Red_Chili_spirits.jpg[/image]
2 trips to break IN, not break. Going to have to try a pair for my next shoes, ive heard nothing but good about them from a few people.


Stone0826


Jan 20, 2013, 7:12 AM
Post #4 of 9 (3825 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 9, 2012
Posts: 27

Re: [billcoe_] Red chili shoes.... Yes another red chili post. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Well it only took 2 trips to break them in. They're still going strong, sorry if I made that confusing. But I love them, there awesome. And a wanna be climbing shoe? I didn't know there were key points that this shoe failed to meet to make it a legitimate climbing shoe. Looks and works like a climbing shoe, a damn good one at that.

Awesome pic of your old pair, 6 resoles, that's impressive.


Kartessa


Jan 20, 2013, 4:18 PM
Post #5 of 9 (3761 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [billcoe_] Red chili shoes.... Yes another red chili post. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Funny... I bought a pair of spirits 4 years ago and they lasted less than a month before the leather just started to disintegrate


billcoe_


Jan 20, 2013, 8:59 PM
Post #6 of 9 (3725 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 30, 2002
Posts: 4668

Re: [Kartessa] Red chili shoes.... Yes another red chili post. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Funny... I bought a pair of spirits 4 years ago and they lasted less than a month before the leather just started to disintegrate
Toxic caustic toe funk diagnosis?


Sorry, misread that first (or second in up thread. Nice to find a good pair of shoes. Can't say why kartessa's fell apart while mine may outlive me after some real high mileage years. My kids Spirits are going strong (that was actually last Christmas I gifted them) but he doesn't use them as much as I did mine, and he's gotten another pair of Red Chilis that he likes more than any other shoe he owns. (kids got 7 climbing shoes that I know of) It's the Matador.

He and I wear the same size shoe, (I'm an 8-1/2 and he's a #9 street shoe) and he brought it back home so I could try it out. Couldn't get my foot in it. Meh. We did a climbing lap and he didn't bring them along cause it were doing multipitch and evidently there that tight on him too. Single pitch tight.


Kartessa


Jan 21, 2013, 6:06 AM
Post #7 of 9 (3685 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [billcoe_] Red chili shoes.... Yes another red chili post. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I managed to patent a new move: The Baby Toe Hook


billcoe_


Jan 21, 2013, 7:57 PM
Post #8 of 9 (3577 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 30, 2002
Posts: 4668

Re: [Kartessa] Red chili shoes.... Yes another red chili post. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
I managed to patent a new move: The Baby Toe Hook

If you google that you get:



and



Pretty graphic in either case but I'm going with door number 2. Hope you took the shoes back.


Kartessa


Jan 23, 2013, 6:01 AM
Post #9 of 9 (3467 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7356

Re: [billcoe_] Red chili shoes.... Yes another red chili post. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

billcoe_ wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
I managed to patent a new move: The Baby Toe Hook

If you google that you get:

[image]http://www.forwardarch.com/images/bunion2.jpg[/image]

and

[image]http://www.waltsense.com/storage/articles/20090508_cameltoe_hotwheels.jpg[/image]

Pretty graphic in either case but I'm going with door number 2. Hope you took the shoes back.

Unreturnable, considering I bought them while vacationing in Paris.

This is why I'll only get my shoes at MEC now.


Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook