Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3836 3837 3838 3839 3840 3841 3842 3843 3844 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

granite_grrl

Jan 23, 2013, 5:39 PM
Post #95976 of 105309 (6512 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmmm, losing count....

granite_grrl

Jan 23, 2013, 5:39 PM
Post #95977 of 105309 (6512 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

PTFTW?

Partner camhead

Jan 23, 2013, 5:45 PM
Post #95978 of 105309 (6506 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
drivel wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
drivel wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
Well, sheeit. I suppose everyone else is out climbing the climbs. Out east it is actually perfect Chattanooggee conditions, and my facespace feed is rife with people tawking about how awesome it is. Gargh.

I dropped a tiny piece of fish in the kitchen just now. It was cod. Good shit. Feisty went and sniffed it, kicked it around a bit, and then walked off without cleaning up the gawddamned mess. That cat ain't right.

Calvin doesn't know how to eat properly. He just licks at things until he can get it in his mouth. So giving him scraps of food just doesn't work, but he does love tuna juice and yogurt.
And, this is why dogs are superior. If you drop something, it disappears. Occasionally, if you look as if you may drop something, or if it is dangerously close to the edge of the counter, it disappears.

I wouldn't call pulling the thankgiving turkey off the counter superior.....

there is very little about dogs that I would describe as superior

Yeah, you can't sneak up on Louie and try to pet him.

louie is lucky to be alive after this weke end.

This sounds amazing. Spit out the informashuns so we can make fun of everyone!

Basically Big Tony has a giant akita or something that will try to kill any other animal. It has reportedly killed over 10 cats, and seriously fucked up some small dogs. They bring it to the crag.

bowl of antifreeze?
A leash and an attentive nonfuckup owner would work as well,

it's on a leash, and the owner's boyfriend is pretty attentive about it ... but louie is the curious type. and teh murder dog likes hunting, so it doesn't get aggressive and give a bunch of warning to the small dogs.

Pretty sure doc was calling CI a fuck up there. Sinz it was Louie who was not on the leash.

Oh really? I must have missed that. Well shit. Maybe I'll just start waving a gun around between burns and pop one off once in a while. Since it's ok to be dangerous at the crag now.

Not that it isn't entertaining right here, but.... Yore kinda wasting a top notch dogs-at-the-crag troll. Maybe you don't want to bother, but I wish you would put this out there publicly - the other forums are boring as fuck right now. Something nice and inflammatory - the guns stuff is great!

GO

Dammit, the fly might have a point.
i concur. In not sure I've seen a 'your dog tried to it my dog!' Thread. That Louie was off leash himself adds some spice. Brace yourself, klown!

Charlton Heston and the 2nd amendment make it my god given right to brandish a dangerous dog at the crag?

Interesting.

It's a no brainer though. You are 100% responsible for anything your dog bites. A friend of a friend was in one of those, a pit chomped her dog at an unofficial dog park. Both were off leash. She pulled the pit off her dog, and it damaged her shoulder.

guy's homeowner insurance settled for 600k. Lost wages, permanent 10% loss of range of motion in shoulder, etc. I heard somewhere recently that dog bites account for something like 25% of all homeowners ins claims? crazy.
Well my 2 p is that you did nothing wrong. Louie did nothing wrong.

It sounds like killer dog needs to be socialized and taught that its not ok to eat small creatures. To do that, they can't just leave it at home. However, tying it up to a tree at the crag isn't how you do it. My inlaws have a killer malamute that used to belong to my bro in law he never bothered to socialize- well trained, poorly socialized. So we will still take her for hikes but she'll be on leash and we're always watching how she interacts with others.

Big T needs to leave the killer at home unless he can give it the attention it needs, or he'll always act like Pablo when he spied Nugget.

killer is 13 yo and not that long to live ... I don't see socialization in its future.

funny, the other two akitas that are at the carg every weke end are some of the nicest dogs I've ever met.
Ah. We think Burly may be part Akita, and if course he's the best dog in the world when he's not chewing the crotches out of my underwear (at least 7 pair since we moved here).

Bottomfeeders gunna bottomfeed.

Partner camhead

Jan 23, 2013, 5:47 PM
Post #95979 of 105309 (6504 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So, I put together a spreadsheet of all my medical expenses. I titled it, "Footing the Bill." Drivel did not think it was as funny as I did.

lena_chita

Jan 23, 2013, 5:49 PM
Post #95980 of 105309 (6503 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
drivel wrote:

visited boston this weekend. it was pretty bitchen. pretty sure grumpy irish nerd hacker dork dancer kids are my people. and also that the tea party museum reenactor tour guyde was high.

Uhhh... I guess that includes nobody in this thread? Except for Donny. You can always hang out with Donny.

me, me, what about me? I can haz swingity swingz if I can't haz tango.

I think that you could pass for all of the criteria, except for the Irish part.

I assumed from Donny's last name, which is O'Bombzigan, or something like that, that he was descended from island dwelling emaciated papist potato eaters.

yeah, not exactly.

I can change my name to O'Malley. Can't do much about freckles and red-blond hair... wait, no, I could color my hair. Now, that would be a riot-- me with reddish-blond hair.

Could be hot.

Only one way to find out.

Way too much trouble. I'd have to dye my eyebrows, too, or else it would look super-weird. So I'll stick to imagining it.

Just go for a darker shade of red. I've done a bunch of different shade over the last 6-7 years and there is no eyebrow weirdness.

durp. alternately..... really not that hard to dye your eyebrows. i bleach mine out a bit when i go red red.

I actually have been going a bit more reddish-chestnut the last couple months... not that you've seen me since Thanksgiving to notice. But I don't want dramatic hair color changes.

Heffe was whining that he doesn't want me to dye my hair at all. But he got over-ruled.

granite_grrl

Jan 23, 2013, 5:51 PM
Post #95981 of 105309 (6502 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I so fucking sick of high Visa bills. I'm waiting for the cycle for this bill to be up so I can go spend moneies again.

I still haven't tallied all of Nathan's travel expenses yet. Not knowing doesn't really help but I knida like the denial aspect.

granite_grrl

Jan 23, 2013, 5:53 PM
Post #95982 of 105309 (6501 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
drivel wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
drivel wrote:

visited boston this weekend. it was pretty bitchen. pretty sure grumpy irish nerd hacker dork dancer kids are my people. and also that the tea party museum reenactor tour guyde was high.

Uhhh... I guess that includes nobody in this thread? Except for Donny. You can always hang out with Donny.

I assumed from Donny's last name, which is O'Bombzigan, or something like that, that he was descended from island dwelling emaciated papist potato eaters.

yeah, not exactly.

I can change my name to O'Malley. Can't do much about freckles and red-blond hair... wait, no, I could color my hair. Now, that would be a riot-- me with reddish-blond hair.

Could be hot.

Way too much trouble. I'd have to dye my eyebrows, too, or else it would look super-weird. So I'll stick to imagining it.

Just go for a darker shade of red. I've done a bunch of different shade over the last 6-7 years and there is no eyebrow weirdness.

durp. alternately..... really not that hard to dye your eyebrows. i bleach mine out a bit when i go red red.

I actually have been going a bit more reddish-chestnut the last couple months... not that you've seen me since Thanksgiving to notice. But I don't want dramatic hair color changes.

Heffe was whining that he doesn't want me to dye my hair at all. But he got over-ruled.

I've become facinated by the grey in my hair and have decided to stop dying (at least for now)

dr_feelgood

Jan 23, 2013, 5:54 PM
Post #95983 of 105309 (6500 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
So I somehow forgot to put corn into my chili last night. Definitly missing that element of sweetness, but otherwise it's a pretty good batch.

I'll try to remember to put the corn into the rest when I get home tonight.

I wonder how creamed corn would be in chili.

granite_grrl

Jan 23, 2013, 5:59 PM
Post #95984 of 105309 (6495 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
So I somehow forgot to put corn into my chili last night. Definitly missing that element of sweetness, but otherwise it's a pretty good batch.

Unimpressed

Maybe you should try it and let us know.

I have tried both chocolate (pretty good) and peanut butter (didn't try much though, didn't have a big effect) for the sweetness factor, but corn works pretty well and better for keeping the calories down on a bowl.

dr_feelgood

Jan 23, 2013, 6:07 PM
Post #95985 of 105309 (6492 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Unimpressed

I have tried both chocolate (pretty good) and peanut butter (didn't try much though, didn't have a big effect) for the sweetness factor, but corn works pretty well and better for keeping the calories down on a bowl.
I'm going to put some in the next batch of cornbread I make. I'm still a bit hesitant about putting it in chili, but there is the possibility that it may just sound gross and be really good. Or, it'll just be gross.

carabiner96

Jan 23, 2013, 6:23 PM
Post #95986 of 105309 (6488 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Unimpressed

I'm going to put some in the next batch of cornbread I make. I'm still a bit hesitant about putting it in chili, but there is the possibility that it may just sound gross and be really good. Or, it'll just be gross.
You know, I forget about cream corn.

lena_chita

Jan 23, 2013, 6:34 PM
Post #95987 of 105309 (6483 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:

Heffe's friend Tim makes the chili that doesn't have corn. It doesn't have beans, either. As far as I can tell, it has only meat, tomatoes, onions, and spices. I find it debatable that this concoction can still be CALLED chili, but it comes out pretty yummy.

lena_chita

Jan 23, 2013, 6:37 PM
Post #95988 of 105309 (6482 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
drivel wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
drivel wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
Well, sheeit. I suppose everyone else is out climbing the climbs. Out east it is actually perfect Chattanooggee conditions, and my facespace feed is rife with people tawking about how awesome it is. Gargh.

I dropped a tiny piece of fish in the kitchen just now. It was cod. Good shit. Feisty went and sniffed it, kicked it around a bit, and then walked off without cleaning up the gawddamned mess. That cat ain't right.

Calvin doesn't know how to eat properly. He just licks at things until he can get it in his mouth. So giving him scraps of food just doesn't work, but he does love tuna juice and yogurt.
And, this is why dogs are superior. If you drop something, it disappears. Occasionally, if you look as if you may drop something, or if it is dangerously close to the edge of the counter, it disappears.

I wouldn't call pulling the thankgiving turkey off the counter superior.....

there is very little about dogs that I would describe as superior

Yeah, you can't sneak up on Louie and try to pet him.

louie is lucky to be alive after this weke end.

This sounds amazing. Spit out the informashuns so we can make fun of everyone!

Basically Big Tony has a giant akita or something that will try to kill any other animal. It has reportedly killed over 10 cats, and seriously fucked up some small dogs. They bring it to the crag.

bowl of antifreeze?
A leash and an attentive nonfuckup owner would work as well,

it's on a leash, and the owner's boyfriend is pretty attentive about it ... but louie is the curious type. and teh murder dog likes hunting, so it doesn't get aggressive and give a bunch of warning to the small dogs.

Pretty sure doc was calling CI a fuck up there. Sinz it was Louie who was not on the leash.

Oh really? I must have missed that. Well shit. Maybe I'll just start waving a gun around between burns and pop one off once in a while. Since it's ok to be dangerous at the crag now.

Not that it isn't entertaining right here, but.... Yore kinda wasting a top notch dogs-at-the-crag troll. Maybe you don't want to bother, but I wish you would put this out there publicly - the other forums are boring as fuck right now. Something nice and inflammatory - the guns stuff is great!

GO

Dammit, the fly might have a point.
i concur. In not sure I've seen a 'your dog tried to it my dog!' Thread. That Louie was off leash himself adds some spice. Brace yourself, klown!

Charlton Heston and the 2nd amendment make it my god given right to brandish a dangerous dog at the crag?

Interesting.

It's a no brainer though. You are 100% responsible for anything your dog bites. A friend of a friend was in one of those, a pit chomped her dog at an unofficial dog park. Both were off leash. She pulled the pit off her dog, and it damaged her shoulder.

guy's homeowner insurance settled for 600k. Lost wages, permanent 10% loss of range of motion in shoulder, etc. I heard somewhere recently that dog bites account for something like 25% of all homeowners ins claims? crazy.
Well my 2 p is that you did nothing wrong. Louie did nothing wrong.

It sounds like killer dog needs to be socialized and taught that its not ok to eat small creatures. To do that, they can't just leave it at home. However, tying it up to a tree at the crag isn't how you do it. My inlaws have a killer malamute that used to belong to my bro in law he never bothered to socialize- well trained, poorly socialized. So we will still take her for hikes but she'll be on leash and we're always watching how she interacts with others.

Big T needs to leave the killer at home unless he can give it the attention it needs, or he'll always act like Pablo when he spied Nugget.

killer is 13 yo and not that long to live ... I don't see socialization in its future.

funny, the other two akitas that are at the carg every weke end are some of the nicest dogs I've ever met.
Ah. We think Burly may be part Akita, and if course he's the best dog in the world when he's not chewing the crotches out of my underwear (at least 7 pair since we moved here).

Bottomfeeders gunna bottomfeed.

I sense that another BET quote has been coined and became official.

lena_chita

Jan 23, 2013, 6:39 PM
Post #95989 of 105309 (6480 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
So, I put together a spreadsheet of all my medical expenses. I titled it, "Footing the Bill." Drivel did not think it was as funny as I did.

Notfunny on Wednesday? I laffed, anyway

dr_feelgood

Jan 23, 2013, 6:41 PM
Post #95990 of 105309 (6479 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Heffe's friend Tim makes the chili that doesn't have corn. It doesn't have beans, either. As far as I can tell, it has only meat, tomatoes, onions, and spices. I find it debatable that this concoction can still be CALLED chili, but it comes out pretty yummy.
Why bother? Sounds like confused pasta sauce.

granite_grrl

Jan 23, 2013, 6:45 PM
Post #95991 of 105309 (6477 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I think that's more of a stew than a chili.

granite_grrl

Jan 23, 2013, 6:46 PM
Post #95992 of 105309 (6477 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Why bother? Sounds like confused pasta sauce.

I like this reply better.

Partner camhead

Jan 23, 2013, 6:50 PM
Post #95993 of 105309 (6475 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
drivel wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
drivel wrote:

yeah, not exactly.

Could be hot.

I've become facinated by the grey in my hair and have decided to stop dying (at least for now)

I'm getting quite a few gray hairs in my sideburns. The next time I never grow a beard, it will probably have some distinguished professorial frostings in it.

Partner camhead

Jan 23, 2013, 6:51 PM
Post #95994 of 105309 (6474 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

It's not that bad. My logic when I did it is that you can do some cream-based variations of chili (like cream of chicken chili or something), and so it wouldn't be too bad. The only drawback is that you really don't have solid colonels of corn, rather, the whole batch just tastes corny.

Partner camhead

Jan 23, 2013, 6:52 PM
Post #95995 of 105309 (6474 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Unimpressed

Hmm, I've not tried chocolate chili, though a mole type blend of peanut butter, chili powder, and bitter cocoa could be really good.

Partner camhead

Jan 23, 2013, 6:54 PM
Post #95996 of 105309 (6474 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Unimpressed

Hmm, maybe I should have responded to awl the corn tawk in one post. Oh well, good for the pc+++.

Corn colonels are good in corn bread. Can't remember where I got the recipe, but I would do it again.

Partner camhead

Jan 23, 2013, 6:54 PM
Post #95997 of 105309 (6474 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Unimpressed

You know, I forget about cream corn.

Has anyone made a joke about corn kernels in poo yet? Because that is the logical place to take this conversation.

Partner camhead

Jan 23, 2013, 6:56 PM
Post #95998 of 105309 (6474 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Shit, I've gotten in this argument several times over the past few decades, over whether chili should have beans in it or not. I guess that some purists consider beans to just be cheap, unflavored bulk that cuts down on the essence of good chili. I could see beanless chili as just a good meat sauce for putting on top of rice, or dipping chips in or whatevah. But I still prefer beans, just for the extra protein. And because then you can have veggie chili.

Partner camhead

Jan 23, 2013, 6:57 PM
Post #95999 of 105309 (6474 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

Notfunny on Wednesday? I laffed, anyway

Woo! Comedy Gold!

Partner camhead

Jan 23, 2013, 6:58 PM
Post #96000 of 105309 (6472 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well, I've come this far....

First page Previous page 1 ... 3836 3837 3838 3839 3840 3841 3842 3843 3844 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook