Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3841 3842 3843 3844 3845 3846 3847 3848 3849 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

snoopy138

Jan 24, 2013, 5:27 PM
Post #96101 of 105309 (6737 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
You know, I'd tell GO to GTFO, but it would result in there only being tango tawk here, so I think I'll just STFU.

dancing tawk is awful.

PTFTW tawk, on the other hand ...

Partner cracklover

Jan 24, 2013, 5:27 PM
Post #96102 of 105309 (6733 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Serious Cat iz taking over ur threads and talking about climbing.

GO

snoopy138

Jan 24, 2013, 5:28 PM
Post #96103 of 105309 (6728 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

whoo!

snoopy138

Post #96104 of 105309 (6726 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

protekt teh ptftw

Partner cracklover

Post #96105 of 105309 (6725 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Franchize FTW

GO

Partner cracklover

Jan 24, 2013, 5:29 PM
Post #96106 of 105309 (6721 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

protected

Partner cracklover

Post #96107 of 105309 (6719 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

must clip more bolts

snoopy138

Post #96108 of 105309 (6717 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
So it looks like pipes are frozen. Went out and bought a space heater to see if they'll come back to life but I'm not holding my breath.
Dang. It was 70* here today.

Yeah, it's been snowing for 4 days straight here.

Its pretty nippley here.

Pipes thawed overnight with the space heater. I have water again this morning.

As an added bonus my bathroom wasn't quite as cold as it would normally be this morning.

it is raining teh rainz here for the rest of teh weke. not sure about the climbing this weke end ... seeping hole? damp quarry?

Partner cracklover

Jan 24, 2013, 5:30 PM
Post #96109 of 105309 (6714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

and the anchor! FrancisPoint!

GO

snoopy138

Jan 24, 2013, 5:30 PM
Post #96110 of 105309 (6712 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pc++

Partner cracklover

Jan 24, 2013, 5:36 PM
Post #96111 of 105309 (6697 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
pc++

Well done, sir. My Franchise folds.

GO

drivel

Jan 24, 2013, 6:00 PM
Post #96112 of 105309 (6682 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
pc++

GO

I saw your deleted post one page back, too. It was cute. Like a very first swingout.

Partner camhead

Jan 24, 2013, 6:01 PM
Post #96113 of 105309 (6680 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:

GO

I, for one, and in full support of climbing tawk, especially since I cannot climb right now.

I've only climbed at Shelf Road once; was not super impressed, although I had a tendon injury at the time, and that was the first time that I had a rattlesnake fall on my head. Still, I would climb there in a second if it meant shirtless spurt in January; that's pretty rad.

Have ewe climbed at Penitente yet? From the pics on MP, and what I've heard from Manderson, it looks awesome.

Partner camhead

Jan 24, 2013, 6:04 PM
Post #96114 of 105309 (6678 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
cracklover wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
pc++

GO

I saw your deleted post one page back, too. It was cute. Like a very first swingout.

blsaefhgasecfahsmfx aksfhmzsMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMad cjghbk

akjsncfasj k

granite_grrl

Jan 24, 2013, 6:06 PM
Post #96115 of 105309 (6675 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gud werk snupe.

granite_grrl

Jan 24, 2013, 6:11 PM
Post #96116 of 105309 (6673 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
So it looks like pipes are frozen. Went out and bought a space heater to see if they'll come back to life but I'm not holding my breath.
Dang. It was 70* here today.

Yeah, it's been snowing for 4 days straight here.

Its pretty nippley here.

Pipes thawed overnight with the space heater. I have water again this morning.

As an added bonus my bathroom wasn't quite as cold as it would normally be this morning.

it is raining teh rainz here for the rest of teh weke. not sure about the climbing this weke end ... seeping hole? damp quarry?

I managed to find another leader to come with this weekend. At the ratio is now only two non-leader per leader. I'm still going to push for the two people just trying out ice climbing to have another car there so they can leave early.

Partner camhead

Jan 24, 2013, 6:12 PM
Post #96117 of 105309 (6673 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So, just heard from Tony (Kinetic Tony, not Big Tony, Tony Sartin, or Tony Soprano) about another of our gym members getting injured. This is the third in so many months, after my meatbombz, and another guy's falling off the top of a Coopers Rock H-eyeball.

Anyway, the story: there's a local Columbus guy named Andy Politz, whom I've not met, but is apparently a pretty badass Himalayan nature hiker; he's one of Viesteurs's main partners, has done Everest, etc. There's a whole crew of OSU mountaineering club helmet at the gym-type gumbies who cup the balls of the ground he walks on. He makes a living by charging them all a lot of money to go hiking with him.

Anyway, I guess that recently, he was guiding a charity climb for disabled vets or something on Mt. Washington, and an avalanche hit them and almost killed a bunch of the grupe. I guess that everyone lived, but Andy and his son are injured. A guy from our gym, who is a photographer, was on the trip, too, and is injured, but not sure how bad.

Ugh.

http://www.concordmonitor.com/...anche-climbers-gully

lena_chita

Jan 24, 2013, 6:14 PM
Post #96118 of 105309 (6671 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
and the anchor! FrancisPoint!

GO

oh noes, first people leave the trash all over the plac,e what's next? GLaugh ?

lena_chita

Jan 24, 2013, 6:20 PM
Post #96119 of 105309 (6668 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
So, just heard from Tony (Kinetic Tony, not Big Tony, Tony Sartin, or Tony Soprano) about another of our gym members getting injured. This is the third in so many months, after my meatbombz, and another guy's falling off the top of a Coopers Rock H-eyeball.

Anyway, the story: there's a local Columbus guy named Andy Politz, whom I've not met, but is apparently a pretty badass Himalayan nature hiker; he's one of Viesteurs's main partners, has done Everest, etc. There's a whole crew of OSU mountaineering club helmet at the gym-type gumbies who cup the balls of the ground he walks on. He makes a living by charging them all a lot of money to go hiking with him.

Anyway, I guess that recently, he was guiding a charity climb for disabled vets or something on Mt. Washington, and an avalanche hit them and almost killed a bunch of the grupe. I guess that everyone lived, but Andy and his son are injured. A guy from our gym, who is a photographer, was on the trip, too, and is injured, but not sure how bad.

Ugh.

Man, that sucks! Which photographer from the gym?

Partner camhead

Jan 24, 2013, 6:24 PM
Post #96120 of 105309 (6665 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

Ugh.

Dan, tall skinny dude with glasses.

drivel

Jan 24, 2013, 6:24 PM
Post #96121 of 105309 (6665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

Ugh.

who from K got hurt? (or text me.)

I know the route they were on because that's the way me and gheyexbf went up mt washington when it rained for the entire 11 days we were in NH. the part that they were ice climbing was a waterfall in our case.

sounds like a shitty deal all around, though.

drivel

Jan 24, 2013, 6:25 PM
Post #96122 of 105309 (6664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

Ugh.

Dan, tall skinny dude with glasses.

oh.

snoopy138

Jan 24, 2013, 6:26 PM
Post #96123 of 105309 (6661 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
cracklover wrote:

GO

I, for one, and in full support of climbing tawk, especially since I cannot climb right now.

I've only climbed at Shelf Road once; was not super impressed, although I had a tendon injury at the time, and that was the first time that I had a rattlesnake fall on my head. Still, I would climb there in a second if it meant shirtless spurt in January; that's pretty rad.

Have ewe climbed at Penitente yet? From the pics on MP, and what I've heard from Manderson, it looks awesome.

you should stop.

Partner camhead

Jan 24, 2013, 6:28 PM
Post #96124 of 105309 (6659 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
cracklover wrote:

GO

you should stop.

This is a preemptive strike against the risk of future dance tawk. In this case, I am quite willing to negotiate with the lesser of our enemies.

carabiner96

Jan 24, 2013, 6:33 PM
Post #96125 of 105309 (6657 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

Ugh.

Yeah, general consensus among the crew is that the 'guide' royally ducked up and ignored a direct in person warning from a ranger to not take the route they took.

'But I've done EVEREST!' If you read the report from the Avi center, you'll hardcore face palm.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3841 3842 3843 3844 3845 3846 3847 3848 3849 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook