Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3846 3847 3848 3849 3850 3851 3852 3853 3854 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Partner camhead

Jan 25, 2013, 1:47 AM
Post #96226 of 105309 (5435 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:
Well, sheeit. I suppose everyone else is out climbing the climbs. Out east it is actually perfect Chattanooggee conditions, and my facespace feed is rife with people tawking about how awesome it is. Gargh.

I dropped a tiny piece of fish in the kitchen just now. It was cod. Good shit. Feisty went and sniffed it, kicked it around a bit, and then walked off without cleaning up the gawddamned mess. That cat ain't right.

teh cat ain't teh only thing knot rite around yore household

this is kerrect.

Partner camhead

Jan 25, 2013, 1:48 AM
Post #96227 of 105309 (5435 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
pc++

Well done, sir. My Franchise folds.

GO

Now fuck off. We're talking about tango dancing, and don't want to hear from you.

I have no idea what to say to this. other than that PG is probably plotting to get Doc into trangoing or something. that can be the only explanashun.

Partner camhead

Jan 25, 2013, 1:49 AM
Post #96228 of 105309 (5433 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
drivel wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
fuck, I keep getting screwed up with the time change....tha prelims are actually supossed to start at 8:15am Eastern time. I'm almost certainly going to be in my meeting when Nathan takes the stage. Unsure

Gooooo Marmint!!

He fell. :(

Fuck, I knew where he fell would be the issue (crunch part), but he was pretty much through it! He just pissed the hold he was going for off the undercling steinpull and didn't catch himself. FUCK!

Choosey sucks. Angelic

It's hard to tell him that next comp he should spend some time sucking less without looking like a bitch wife on facespace.

So don't do it. He is already posting on facespace about how much he sucks. Now your job is to tell him that he doesn't. Wink

and then suck his ____.

hummm.... I kin remembers last tyme I spoke ov sucking ____, my posts were deleated and I gots several nasty love letters from teh greenies. heh...

Heh, yeah. As an expert in notphunny, I can say that was pretty funny.

Partner camhead

Jan 25, 2013, 1:52 AM
Post #96229 of 105309 (5432 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:
So, just heard from Tony (Kinetic Tony, not Big Tony, Tony Sartin, or Tony Soprano) about another of our gym members getting injured. This is the third in so many months, after my meatbombz, and another guy's falling off the top of a Coopers Rock H-eyeball.

Anyway, the story: there's a local Columbus guy named Andy Politz, whom I've not met, but is apparently a pretty badass Himalayan nature hiker; he's one of Viesteurs's main partners, has done Everest, etc. There's a whole crew of OSU mountaineering club helmet at the gym-type gumbies who cup the balls of the ground he walks on. He makes a living by charging them all a lot of money to go hiking with him.

Anyway, I guess that recently, he was guiding a charity climb for disabled vets or something on Mt. Washington, and an avalanche hit them and almost killed a bunch of the grupe. I guess that everyone lived, but Andy and his son are injured. A guy from our gym, who is a photographer, was on the trip, too, and is injured, but not sure how bad.

Ugh.

http://www.concordmonitor.com/...anche-climbers-gully
Yeah, general consensus among the crew is that the 'guide' royally ducked up and ignored a direct in person warning from a ranger to not take the route they took.

'But I've done EVEREST!' If you read the report from the Avi center, you'll hardcore face palm.
Yeah, they don't seem to have done a terrifically good job at much of anything. They call it an alpine start for a reason.

So, yeah, none of the mountaineer ballcuppers who were in the gym tonight even knew that Andy had done anything rong or stupid. They were pretty surprised when I told them biner's informashuns.

I guess he got the most fucked up out of everyone, though. Compound fracture of his tib-fib, I think.

I guess Dan was stuck in the snow for something like 14 hours. His toes are really messed up, not sure if they'll have to chop them or not.

Let this be a lesson to awl of us... no winter nature hikes.

Partner camhead

Jan 25, 2013, 1:55 AM
Post #96230 of 105309 (5430 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Climbing slideshow in Boulder. Never again!

kamhed's worst nightmare?

Those posers in boulder make teh klamhed look modest.

trouble is, even the posers there climb harder than me.

though, I really miss the gud ol days, when the angrycamhead duo would saunter up to the cliff at da Creke, spray down Coloradguys, then outclimb them, then steal their wimminz. Now all the cockroaches can outspray and outclimb us. S

Partner camhead

Jan 25, 2013, 1:57 AM
Post #96231 of 105309 (5430 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Climbing slideshow in Boulder. Never again!

kamhed's worst nightmare?
Well, it ended up being a fortuitous event for me, I'll get more into it if things pan out.

But yeah, lots of beautiful people wearing clothes that cost more than my rent, dropping lots of 'Gnarly's

teh world wood be a better place ifs a nuke wus dropped on boulder

I can see nothing rong with this proposition. We could even use the rubble from Boulder Canyon to make a wall around the whole radioactive wasteland.

Partner camhead

Jan 25, 2013, 1:59 AM
Post #96232 of 105309 (5429 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
nice suburban ptftw

Shit, left that one just hanging there.

Double shit, I finally have a few days open to start and finish some underpaid encyclopedia articles that I committed to like four months ago. I can do them in my sleep, all while laughing that anyone is still even considering printing encyclopedias. But the problem is that teh publisher's awesome 2002-era website keeps stalling when I try to load the page with my list of contributions. So, I have no idea what exactly I'm supposed to due. Fahk.

Well hows about looking fer a jorb owt west?

Workin on it.

Partner camhead

Jan 25, 2013, 2:02 AM
Post #96233 of 105309 (5428 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:
cracklover wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
drivel wrote:
camhead wrote:
drivel wrote:

visited boston this weekend. it was pretty bitchen. pretty sure grumpy irish nerd hacker dork dancer kids are my people. and also that the tea party museum reenactor tour guyde was high.

Uhhh... I guess that includes nobody in this thread? Except for Donny. You can always hang out with Donny.

i dunno, i bet if you tried you could be more bitter.

for the record, i told everybody in boston that i didn't really see moving there ever happening, 'cause i know you don't want to.
Boston is pretty awesome, for a big city.

Shadda fahk up, ya fahkin' fahk!

I'm going to be shippin' off to Bahstin next month for jorb interviews, hopefully. Looking forward to checking it out, but still don't see being psyched on living there.
I dig it. It's a long drive to get out of it though - Denver is fugly, but in 20 minutes I'm in the woods. 20 minutes out of boston...you're still in bostonia. Hell, two hours out of boston and you're still in the suburbs.

Two hours out of Boston and you're in Rumney. Then you can hang out with Jake The ATC and climb the awesomeness that is Rumnizzle. Woo!

Yeah, Denver rocks.

GO

I did not know you had moved to ColoRADo to escape Jake, but it seems as good of a reason as any.

sighs.... are ewe really that lonely that ewe will entertain teh flies?

Sorry, its pathetic the depths to which I'll sink when I'm laid up with a glass of wine and a gimpfoot.

Oh shit, just realized I gotsta go pick up teh dribble in an hour. No more wine for me.

Partner camhead

Jan 25, 2013, 2:03 AM
Post #96234 of 105309 (5427 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
cracklover wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
drivel wrote:
camhead wrote:
drivel wrote:

visited boston this weekend. it was pretty bitchen. pretty sure grumpy irish nerd hacker dork dancer kids are my people. and also that the tea party museum reenactor tour guyde was high.

Uhhh... I guess that includes nobody in this thread? Except for Donny. You can always hang out with Donny.

for the record, i told everybody in boston that i didn't really see moving there ever happening, 'cause i know you don't want to.

fixied.

he's yore friend clamhed, ewe tell him to beat it.

he doesn't beat it. kamhed keeps talking to him. true story.

It's sad, really. At least when I was a gimp, i tried to hold the drunken line on letting in the flies...
I was unsuccessful, but that is not important.

Fahk. That is some sort of GU, even if we have different philosophies on how gimp-outsider relations should work.

Partner camhead

Jan 25, 2013, 2:05 AM
Post #96235 of 105309 (5426 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Oh yeah snupe, jak was saying that nate fellow has a bunch of stuff at NJC he wants to do. You should ring him up for another go at the Lethal Weapon.

Heh, I looked up Lethal Weapon; I guess it is the route that JayTee has for his avatar? Looks rad, and sounds like Znupe is getting stronger and stronger.

Teh Lethal Weapon iz a long ways from Boston

Everything of significance is a long way form Bahstin.

Partner camhead

Jan 25, 2013, 2:06 AM
Post #96236 of 105309 (5425 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
I just got a small bluetooth speaker in the mail, $30 and this thing is pretty sweet! Like the size of a tennis ball. Cranks out decent sound at a good volume.

I'm going to start rocking the crag! All I need now is a hammock noob cocoon.

have you tested it out with dubstep, though? It's not worth $30 unless it can drop the bass like a giant's fart.

Partner camhead

Jan 25, 2013, 2:07 AM
Post #96237 of 105309 (5423 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The only thing better than completing a GU by realizing you have scored a PTFTW is not being a fucking cripple.

tripperjm

Jan 25, 2013, 2:14 AM
Post #96238 of 105309 (5422 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
drivel wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
Well, sheeit. I suppose everyone else is out climbing the climbs. Out east it is actually perfect Chattanooggee conditions, and my facespace feed is rife with people tawking about how awesome it is. Gargh.

I dropped a tiny piece of fish in the kitchen just now. It was cod. Good shit. Feisty went and sniffed it, kicked it around a bit, and then walked off without cleaning up the gawddamned mess. That cat ain't right.

Calvin doesn't know how to eat properly. He just licks at things until he can get it in his mouth. So giving him scraps of food just doesn't work, but he does love tuna juice and yogurt.
And, this is why dogs are superior. If you drop something, it disappears. Occasionally, if you look as if you may drop something, or if it is dangerously close to the edge of the counter, it disappears.

I wouldn't call pulling the thankgiving turkey off the counter superior.....

there is very little about dogs that I would describe as superior

Yeah, you can't sneak up on Louie and try to pet him.

louie is lucky to be alive after this weke end.

This sounds amazing. Spit out the informashuns so we can make fun of everyone!

Basically Big Tony has a giant akita or something that will try to kill any other animal. It has reportedly killed over 10 cats, and seriously fucked up some small dogs. They bring it to the crag.

bowl of antifreeze?
A leash and an attentive nonfuckup owner would work as well,

Leash apparently wasnt enough. I'd say muzzle is the next step although leaving dog at home is the clear winner.

Tiger kan't even be trusted when left alone. He has eatin everything in there house.... chairs, tables, couches, kit cabs, counter tops, walls and doors. Teh only thing they has is too beach chairs to sit in and they has to be put up on teh fridge when ever they leave or they wood be eatin also.

He ate Tony's truck sat nite while we were drinking sat nite at teh mexi place.

tripperjm

Jan 25, 2013, 2:19 AM
Post #96239 of 105309 (5420 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
drivel wrote:
camhead wrote:
drivel wrote:

you guise could get into teh ice climbingz.

teh solution is obvious.... dribble moves to boston and teh clamhed moves owt west.

tripperjm

Jan 25, 2013, 2:26 AM
Post #96240 of 105309 (5417 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
drivel wrote:

me, me, what about me? I can haz swingity swingz if I can't haz tango.

I think that you could pass for all of the criteria, except for the Irish part.

I assumed from Donny's last name, which is O'Bombzigan, or something like that, that he was descended from island dwelling emaciated papist potato eaters.

I wus grosery shopping with Mari last nite.... and told her teh story ov potatos. And why we has teh russet in teh states. heh... Damn ewe Mc Donalds and yore long fries.

tripperjm

Jan 25, 2013, 2:31 AM
Post #96241 of 105309 (5416 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
drivel wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:

Calvin doesn't know how to eat properly. He just licks at things until he can get it in his mouth. So giving him scraps of food just doesn't work, but he does love tuna juice and yogurt.
And, this is why dogs are superior. If you drop something, it disappears. Occasionally, if you look as if you may drop something, or if it is dangerously close to the edge of the counter, it disappears.

Basically Big Tony has a giant akita or something that will try to kill any other animal. It has reportedly killed over 10 cats, and seriously fucked up some small dogs. They bring it to the crag.

bowl of antifreeze?

it's on a leash, and the owner's boyfriend is pretty attentive about it ... but louie is the curious type. and teh murder dog likes hunting, so it doesn't get aggressive and give a bunch of warning to the small dogs.

Well it's kinda hard fer Big Tony to watch teh killer dog, rope gun and belay fer hours while teh girl werks forever on teh moves. Course Tiger iz really old and kan't get around very fast, so mostly she just waits untill teh prey get very close and then attacks.

Tony's life wood be a lot easier withowt teh killer dog.

tripperjm

Jan 25, 2013, 2:34 AM
Post #96242 of 105309 (5415 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Oh yeah snupe, jak was saying that nate fellow has a bunch of stuff at NJC he wants to do. You should ring him up for another go at the Lethal Weapon.

Heh, I looked up Lethal Weapon; I guess it is the route that JayTee has for his avatar? Looks rad, and sounds like Znupe is getting stronger and stronger.

it was weird, I got on predator the day before (rated half to a full letter grade easier, depending where you look) and thought it felt significantly harder ... though this is partly because my kneebar skills are nonexistent. fortunately I haven't tried the double kneebar ranch yet.

the moves on Lethal Weapon are pretty damn rad, though. nate indicated that it's hard to get from one hang to actually zending ... we'll see. I'm falling off the crux move, but there's a pretty powerful throw right after that that could be a bitch while pumped.

Well, ewe could start reveling us awl with tails of the one-hang for the next six months. That is definitely acceptable gerk tawk; I know it makes up like 80% of my conversation.

Won hanging iz like almost sending and almost sending = nothing.

snoopy138

Jan 25, 2013, 2:35 AM
Post #96243 of 105309 (5414 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
pc++

GO

Now fuck off. We're talking about tango dancing, and don't want to hear from you.

I have no idea what to say to this. other than that PG is probably plotting to get Doc into trangoing or something. that can be the only explanashun.

or, just maybe, we're tired of you inviting the undesirables into our neighborhood.

snoopy138

Jan 25, 2013, 2:49 AM
Post #96244 of 105309 (5408 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
drivel wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:

bowl of antifreeze?

Leash apparently wasnt enough. I'd say muzzle is the next step although leaving dog at home is the clear winner.

Tiger kan't even be trusted when left alone. He has eatin everything in there house.... chairs, tables, couches, kit cabs, counter tops, walls and doors. Teh only thing they has is too beach chairs to sit in and they has to be put up on teh fridge when ever they leave or they wood be eatin also.

He ate Tony's truck sat nite while we were drinking sat nite at teh mexi place.

why hasn't she eaten teh fridge?

carabiner96

Jan 25, 2013, 3:05 AM
Post #96245 of 105309 (5400 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
pc++

GO

or, just maybe, we're tired of you inviting the undesirables into our neighborhood.
PG is turning into a nasty climber who is going to drag Doc along to belay slave all of her gnarly sends.

tripperjm

Jan 25, 2013, 3:19 AM
Post #96246 of 105309 (5396 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

it was weird, I got on predator the day before (rated half to a full letter grade easier, depending where you look) and thought it felt significantly harder ... though this is partly because my kneebar skills are nonexistent. fortunately I haven't tried the double kneebar ranch yet.

the moves on Lethal Weapon are pretty damn rad, though. nate indicated that it's hard to get from one hang to actually zending ... we'll see. I'm falling off the crux move, but there's a pretty powerful throw right after that that could be a bitch while pumped.

Well, ewe could start reveling us awl with tails of the one-hang for the next six months. That is definitely acceptable gerk tawk; I know it makes up like 80% of my conversation.

that will depend on how often I get out to gnu jack.

after trips to the hole, hopefully I'll be able to tell you about one-hangs of the drive-by, pushing the one hang higher and higher. at least with the lethal weapon, there's a key move (the throw to the jug) after which the rowt should go down. with the drive-by, you can fall off any move (even the somewhat easier shit at the top) because you're so pumped and there's nothing really resembling a rest.

This iz by dezign...

tripperjm

Jan 25, 2013, 3:24 AM
Post #96247 of 105309 (5396 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Looks like he retired again after his one gym sesh.

Donny iz done... yea sure he'll keep dreaming about getting back into it, but he never will. Sumbody shood just shoot him in teh fase and put him owy ov his misery.

tripperjm

Jan 25, 2013, 3:26 AM
Post #96248 of 105309 (5394 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Looks like he retired again after his one gym sesh.

Yeah, I was hoping that my Irish comment would summon him out.

never gunna happen. standing in slings wus teh highlite. such a sad story.

tripperjm

Jan 25, 2013, 3:31 AM
Post #96249 of 105309 (5389 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
drivel wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
drivel wrote:
epoch wrote:
camhead wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
drivel wrote:
camhead wrote:
drivel wrote:

Shadda fahk up, ya fahkin' fahk!

I'm going to be shippin' off to Bahstin next month for jorb interviews, hopefully. Looking forward to checking it out, but still don't see being psyched on living there.
I dig it. It's a long drive to get out of it though - Denver is fugly, but in 20 minutes I'm in the woods. 20 minutes out of boston...you're still in bostonia. Hell, two hours out of boston and you're still in the suburbs.

Yeah, for climbzing, I would actually take Hellhio over Boston. I just checked, and Boston is about the same distance to the Gunks as we are now from the New or the Red. But the Gunks do not have a long of a season. And in Hellhio, when my foot is not broken, I have the option through all of winter of taking a weekend trip down to sunny sandstone.

You can climb [rock] year round in the gunks (~3 hour drive). Hell, you can climb [rock] year round in Rumney (~3 hour drive). When things get cold, go pebble wrestle in Lincoln Woods with the Carny. You can climb [rock] year round in the Mount Washington Valley (~3 hour drive) and you can definitely climb at Shagg year round. All within a couple hours of Boston. Plus the Boston crags and quite a few good-sized gyms.

- would be avoiding teh carney, for SURE.

- I call major bullshit on climbing anywhere near mt washington "year round." the only time I was there, in late JUNE, there was SNOW. underneath all the rain.

by these standards, you can climb rock at the red year round.

more easily than you can at the gnu. at the gnu, snowmelt kind of fucks you.

but there's a pretty big diff between snow in january and snow in JUNE

Ok, I'm using teh BET instead of my phone:

DRIVEL!

You gonna be home for some sort of dinner? If you will be home before 9, I'll make pasta. Otherwise, I'll make... uhhhh... not pasta.

I don't see why this needs to be discussed. You're not making a real meal, you're just boiling water with some noodles in it.

Ewe've not eaten enough with me. When I say pasta, I mean that I do a full meat-based marinara with fresh veggies ass well. Hopefully it will be delicious enough that the pasta will be just an afterthought.

teh clamhed will makes a gud wife sumday

Partner camhead

Jan 25, 2013, 3:34 AM
Post #96250 of 105309 (5402 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

LENA! ran into a dude from Cleaveland at Kinetic tonight. Can't remember his name, he had a wifie with him who had longish, brown hair. He said you had been his training buddy back at CRG, and that you were a relentless slave-driver. I said, "yup, sounds like Lena."

Also met Tony's new love-of-his-life. She's pretty cute, and really cool. HOpe it werks out.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3846 3847 3848 3849 3850 3851 3852 3853 3854 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook