Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3852 3853 3854 3855 3856 3857 3858 3859 3860 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Partner camhead

Jan 25, 2013, 6:58 PM
Post #96376 of 105309 (7805 views)
Shortcut

Re: [meatbomz] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:
So, just heard from Tony (Kinetic Tony, not Big Tony, Tony Sartin, or Tony Soprano) about another of our gym members getting injured. This is the third in so many months, after my meatbombz, and another guy's falling off the top of a Coopers Rock H-eyeball.

Anyway, the story: there's a local Columbus guy named Andy Politz, whom I've not met, but is apparently a pretty badass Himalayan nature hiker; he's one of Viesteurs's main partners, has done Everest, etc. There's a whole crew of OSU mountaineering club helmet at the gym-type gumbies who cup the balls of the ground he walks on. He makes a living by charging them all a lot of money to go hiking with him.

Anyway, I guess that recently, he was guiding a charity climb for disabled vets or something on Mt. Washington, and an avalanche hit them and almost killed a bunch of the grupe. I guess that everyone lived, but Andy and his son are injured. A guy from our gym, who is a photographer, was on the trip, too, and is injured, but not sure how bad.

Ugh.

http://www.concordmonitor.com/...anche-climbers-gully

I had friends on the rescue. Sounds like they were warned not to go but the guy was like fuck it let's do this! and then people died.

Wait, did people really die? I had not heard of any fatalities, but I could have missed something.

lena_chita

Jan 25, 2013, 7:07 PM
Post #96377 of 105309 (7804 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
drivel wrote:

visited boston this weekend. it was pretty bitchen. pretty sure grumpy irish nerd hacker dork dancer kids are my people. and also that the tea party museum reenactor tour guyde was high.

Uhhh... I guess that includes nobody in this thread? Except for Donny. You can always hang out with Donny.

me, me, what about me? I can haz swingity swingz if I can't haz tango.

I think that you could pass for all of the criteria, except for the Irish part.

I assumed from Donny's last name, which is O'Bombzigan, or something like that, that he was descended from island dwelling emaciated papist potato eaters.

yeah, not exactly.

I can change my name to O'Malley. Can't do much about freckles and red-blond hair... wait, no, I could color my hair. Now, that would be a riot-- me with reddish-blond hair.

Could be hot.

Only one way to find out.

Way too much trouble. I'd have to dye my eyebrows, too, or else it would look super-weird. So I'll stick to imagining it.

Just go for a darker shade of red. I've done a bunch of different shade over the last 6-7 years and there is no eyebrow weirdness.

Yore wasting yore tyme, NEVER gunna happen.

Do you need glasses? You don't seem to be very good at reading anymore... It has already happened.

lena_chita

Jan 25, 2013, 7:09 PM
Post #96378 of 105309 (7802 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
heh. I was listening to the Dirtbag diaries yesterday. The new podcast was about the disneyland matterhorn climbers. They brought back the program and were auditioning climbers.

The gal was talking about how all these LA badasses showed up and were spraying up down left and right. She went on to say how one of the dudes was even on the cover of the new Joshua Tree guidebook.

LOL. Had to be the coverboy!

it's a small werld.... teh 'gal' ewe speak ov iz susanica. taught her how to climb owt at NJC before we spent a summer together in rifle and maple, sweet young lady.

she took this pic ov me during teh photo shoot fer teh 'catwalk' artical in climbing.

This iz a pic ov her and I sitting together that wus in teh artical.

You color-matched. How sweet!

carabiner96

Jan 25, 2013, 7:09 PM
Post #96379 of 105309 (7802 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:
So, just heard from Tony (Kinetic Tony, not Big Tony, Tony Sartin, or Tony Soprano) about another of our gym members getting injured. This is the third in so many months, after my meatbombz, and another guy's falling off the top of a Coopers Rock H-eyeball.

Anyway, the story: there's a local Columbus guy named Andy Politz, whom I've not met, but is apparently a pretty badass Himalayan nature hiker; he's one of Viesteurs's main partners, has done Everest, etc. There's a whole crew of OSU mountaineering club helmet at the gym-type gumbies who cup the balls of the ground he walks on. He makes a living by charging them all a lot of money to go hiking with him.

Anyway, I guess that recently, he was guiding a charity climb for disabled vets or something on Mt. Washington, and an avalanche hit them and almost killed a bunch of the grupe. I guess that everyone lived, but Andy and his son are injured. A guy from our gym, who is a photographer, was on the trip, too, and is injured, but not sure how bad.

Ugh.

I had friends on the rescue. Sounds like they were warned not to go but the guy was like fuck it let's do this! and then people died.

Wait, did people really die? I had not heard of any fatalities, but I could have missed something.
Pretty sure no one died.

snoopy138

Jan 25, 2013, 7:12 PM
Post #96380 of 105309 (7802 views)
Shortcut

Re: [meatbomz] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:

Ugh.

except that nobody died? people just almost died?

snoopy138

Jan 25, 2013, 7:14 PM
Post #96381 of 105309 (7794 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:

Ugh.

however, I didn't just almost get GUd, I got fully GUd.

lena_chita

Jan 25, 2013, 7:15 PM
Post #96382 of 105309 (7792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
New Zealand to banz devl kat!
http://www.slate.com/...ies_and_shouldn.html

Dogz winz!!Angelic

Hmm, makes me feel better about keeping Feisty as an inside cat.

Catz are killers, they can't seem to help themselves.

Well, except for Calvin. If he ever caught a mouse he would try to lick it to death.

I have been considering getting a cat. If i do, I really need the killer kind, to preemptively deal with any mouse problems. How do I find a kitten who will become a nice friendly neighborhood rodent killer?

Ewe thinking inside or outside mouse control? If you want mostly an outside cat, maybe check on craigslist for farmcats?

I would think that baby munkey will be psyched about you getting a cat.

Inside. And yeah, baby munkey would be psyched.

carabiner96

Jan 25, 2013, 7:16 PM
Post #96383 of 105309 (7791 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:

Ugh.

*spurt*

lena_chita

Jan 25, 2013, 7:16 PM
Post #96384 of 105309 (7791 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Dogz winz!!Angelic

Well, except for Calvin. If he ever caught a mouse he would try to lick it to death.

I have been considering getting a cat. If i do, I really need the killer kind, to preemptively deal with any mouse problems. How do I find a kitten who will become a nice friendly neighborhood rodent killer?

Ewe thinking inside or outside mouse control? If you want mostly an outside cat, maybe check on craigslist for farmcats?

is munkey a Girl Scout/ selling cookies? I need mah thin mints and would rather buy them from someone I know than from some rug rats in front of wal Mart.

Baby Monkey not a girl scout. But my co-worker is selling them right now. I just ordered two boxes. I bet you can get them online, no?

carabiner96

Jan 25, 2013, 7:21 PM
Post #96385 of 105309 (7789 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:

Ugh.

however, I didn't just almost get GUd, I got fully GUd.
im on a roll, even with this shitty network.

lena_chita

Jan 25, 2013, 7:24 PM
Post #96386 of 105309 (7788 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
So it looks like pipes are frozen. Went out and bought a space heater to see if they'll come back to life but I'm not holding my breath.
Dang. It was 70* here today.

Yeah, it's been snowing for 4 days straight here.

Its pretty nippley here.

It's nippley AND snowing here 4 days in a row.

Heffe and Daniel took turns on Tuesday to shovel the driveway. It took 2.5 hrs, mostly bc they kept coming inside to thaw.

Luckily the rest of the week hasn't been too bad, about 45-50 min in the morning does the job, and temps are at least in double-digits. The weird thing is, 5 miles away it is barely half as much snow as there is on my driveway.

And I put it for the record that i still went dancing on the night when the temp was 2F, not counting windchill nonsense.

I hit the tango scene last night too as I was feeling better. Also tonight after the rawk jim. We've been doing this group thing that has morphed into me teaching which I'm not that into. So I think we'll do a couple more Thursdays and be done with it. It's been a pretty sweet last six months or so with that whole scene. There's this famous teacher who came up here to live for a few months and I have this whole bromance thing going on with him and rock it now with the tango ladies as a result.

Jealous! The teachers I like best around here have a Monday night class, but that hinges on Heffe picking up Baby Monkey from her gymnastics, so it doesn't always happen. Otherwise, I can still make it to the dance, just not the lesson. They just started another class on Fridays, I am psyched to check it out!

The annoying thing that is more of an issue for the follower is that it doesn't really help me to learn cool moves if the guys I dance with never lead those moves.

I finally got couple semi-regular dance partners to learn couple cool colgadas that they know I know, and I know they know, so they actually happen in a dance. Cool

I've kinda tossed most of what I learned in the first year and am back to doing really simple things well. I'll rock the funky stuff from time to time though. It has really helped to have a regular partner (not the life partner) who I get together with to practice once a week.

ugh, so fucking jealous of having a regular practice partner. that is the biggest thing that's holding me back right now in the swingity swings. I can practice some things alone, but I can't practice partnering stuff without a partner.

also, throwing out everything you learned in the first year and going back to simple stuff is kind of the definition of having actually tasted of the fruit of the tree of good and bad dancing and trying to actually become a better dancer.

+1. And yeah, having a regular dance partner would be heaven. Kinda like a good climbing partner...

There is this one guy that I 'click' with on the dance floor, good lead and all. Not in anything else in life though. He is homophobic to the extreme -- wouldn't even dance with another guy during class when the instructor suggested that the leaders should try the follower's part. And a definition of a nutjob in other ways... Still, I am desperate enough that i would practice with him. Except he is a ski racer, so right now he is busy with the races and doesn't have time for dance practice.

The other guy is a freaking pilot. Great to dance with, but he is in town once in a blue moon. Mad

lena_chita

Jan 25, 2013, 7:28 PM
Post #96387 of 105309 (7784 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Just got this E-mail from our secretary:

In reply to:
Hi Everyone,

There is no functioning restrooms or water fountains in our building.

If you need to use the restroom, you have to go to another building. Someone drilled through the main water line.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

It is freaking 14F and snowing outside. I think if I head outside, I'll walk all the way to my car, ans go home.

carabiner96

Jan 25, 2013, 7:32 PM
Post #96388 of 105309 (7782 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:

In reply to:
Hi Everyone,

If you need to use the restroom, you have to go to another building. Someone drilled through the main water line.

It is freaking 14F and snowing outside. I think if I head outside, I'll walk all the way to my car, ans go home.
Haha!

Partner camhead

Jan 25, 2013, 7:50 PM
Post #96389 of 105309 (7774 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Dogz winz!!Angelic

If you want inside kitteh, most any cat would be fine.

Hell, Feisty is a half blind softie who would probably starve within a few days of being let outside, and even she probably keeps mice away, just with her presence.

I would probably not get too focused on finding a great mouser, because that would probably run the risk of winding up with a cat who breaks stuff, jumps up on counters, and isn't cuddly enough.

Just get the best, cutest kitten who comes up to you when you check it out.

drivel

Jan 25, 2013, 7:52 PM
Post #96390 of 105309 (7774 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:

In reply to:
Hi Everyone,

wow.

lena_chita

Jan 25, 2013, 7:53 PM
Post #96391 of 105309 (7768 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Feeling melancholy today.

Today is an anniversary of Vladimir Vysotsky. He was a Russian poet/actor/songwriter who also dabbled in mountaneering some. He had the audacity to marry a French actress. The Authorities never quite got over it.

Died back in 1980, but people still sing his songs.

I attempted to google-translate one. Very not-funny, in a sad way.

Anyway, I think Camhead would have liked his guitar-playing, and jack would have liked his attitude, but you won't ever get to know what his songs said... oh well.

lena_chita

Jan 25, 2013, 7:55 PM
Post #96392 of 105309 (7767 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Dogz winz!!Angelic

Hell, Feisty is a half blind softie who would probably starve within a few days of being let outside, and even she probably keeps mice away, just with her presence.

I would probably not get too focused on finding a great mouser, because that would probably run the risk of winding up with a cat who breaks stuff, jumps up on counters, and isn't cuddly enough.

You are right. I think I'll wait until spring bc kittens are in short supply right now.

drivel

Jan 25, 2013, 7:56 PM
Post #96393 of 105309 (7767 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Dogz winz!!Angelic

durpity. i can't imagine that "superb mouser" and "cuddlemuffin" tend to come in the same cat. fiesty is a lousy hunter but shes an awesome fur neckwarmer. i can't imagine dealing with bullshit for a cat that's not even sweet to you.

Partner camhead

Jan 25, 2013, 8:02 PM
Post #96394 of 105309 (7762 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
Feeling melancholy today.

Today is an anniversary of Vladimir Vysotsky. He was a Russian poet/actor/songwriter who also dabbled in mountaneering some. He had the audacity to marry a French actress. The Authorities never quite got over it.

Died back in 1980, but people still sing his songs.

I attempted to google-translate one. Very not-funny, in a sad way.

Anyway, I think Camhead would have liked his guitar-playing, and jack would have liked his attitude, but you won't ever get to know what his songs said... oh well.

Have you played some of his stuff for me before? I remember some Russian folk-climber-singer guy...

Partner camhead

Jan 25, 2013, 8:05 PM
Post #96395 of 105309 (7762 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Dogz winz!!Angelic

durpity. i can't imagine that "superb mouser" and "cuddlemuffin" tend to come in the same cat. fiesty is a lousy hunter but shes an awesome fur neckwarmer. i can't imagine dealing with bullshit for a cat that's not even sweet to you.

Double durpity durp durp.

Feister is a pain in the ass who throws up, pees in the basement, knocks shit over and loses it, and is always whining. But at the end of the day, she luuuurvez us, and just wants to hang out and cuddle.

So many other cats I know have all her negative traits, but then when you try to cuddle, they just hiss and go "fuck ewe!"

carabiner96

Jan 25, 2013, 8:23 PM
Post #96396 of 105309 (7737 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
drivel wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Dogz winz!!Angelic

Feister is a pain in the ass who throws up, pees in the basement, knocks shit over and loses it, and is always whining. But at the end of the day, she luuuurvez us, and just wants to hang out and cuddle.

So many other cats I know have all her negative traits, but then when you try to cuddle, they just hiss and go "fuck ewe!"
nugget is definitely not a cuddle muffin, but she's super fun to play/mess with and while she'll never crawl into my lap, I find it adorable that she follows me around the house and sets up camp in whatever room I'm in. She's also cute when my alarm goes off and she leaps up on the bed, punches me in the face, and starts purring.

drivel

Jan 25, 2013, 8:39 PM
Post #96397 of 105309 (7732 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Dogz winz!!Angelic

You are right. I think I'll wait until spring bc kittens are in short supply right now.

yeah not to rain on your kitteh parade at all, but you'll have a better time finding a friendly cat if you wait to pick one till they're a bit older.... ALL tinybabykittens are friendly. but that wears off after a couple of months.

Partner cracklover

Jan 25, 2013, 8:40 PM
Post #96398 of 105309 (7729 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
pc++

Well done, sir. My Franchise folds.

GO

Now fuck off. We're talking about tango dancing, and don't want to hear from you.

You can tell me to fuck off etc all you like.

Anyway, I don't know any of you personally, so most of what you chat about here I have nothing to say about. In other words, no - you won't hear from me, not often. I speak up when I *do* have something to say, which is rarely.

Cheers,

GO

awwww seriouscat, you were doing so good.

Yer doing it rong. I think you meant to say:

In reply to:
when I *do* have something to say, which is rarely fucking never.
fixied.

In other news Seriouscat had all-you-can-eat sushi for lunch, and is seriouslyhappycat now.

GO

drivel

Jan 25, 2013, 8:43 PM
Post #96399 of 105309 (7726 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
camhead wrote:
drivel wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Dogz winz!!Angelic

nugget is definitely not a cuddle muffin, but she's super fun to play/mess with and while she'll never crawl into my lap, I find it adorable that she follows me around the house and sets up camp in whatever room I'm in. She's also cute when my alarm goes off and she leaps up on the bed, punches me in the face, and starts purring.

if fiesty would wait for an alarm, i'd let her sleep with us

snoopy138

Jan 25, 2013, 8:51 PM
Post #96400 of 105309 (7720 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:

In reply to:
Hi Everyone,

if it is 14F and snowing, what teh fuk is somebody doing outside drilling through the water line?

First page Previous page 1 ... 3852 3853 3854 3855 3856 3857 3858 3859 3860 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook