Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Climbing in colombia
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

Jho

Jan 29, 2013, 7:41 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1033 views)
Shortcut

Climbing in colombia  (South_and_Central_America: Colombia)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey there! im planning on a climbing trip down south america and i got some questions. I have 3 months and i was wondering where should i start? Colombia seems pretty nice! Is anyone been there before? I want to know if its well bolted? is there like 5 meters between bolts?What about the bouldering? Can we rent crashpads over there?

Thanks

-Jo

JotaK

Feb 5, 2013, 7:57 AM
Post #2 of 2 (914 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Jho] Climbing in colombia [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

[reply]Hey Jho, well colombia is literaly awesome. Here you will find all kinds of climbing. In medellin and santander for example you will find well protected sport routes maybe having bolts 2 meters apart. In Bogota however the biggest zone suesca does have big runouts and alot of mixed climbing and trad. There is some boulder around bogota, not much as youŽd like probably. You can save bouldering for peru and chile. If you like bouldering I recomend you go to Coquimbo in chile.
If you wanna have a really good time you should focus on Colombia, Peru and Chile and if you have some extra time go to Argentina which also has some nice places. If you need any guidance or info here in colombia feel free to contact me at juan_cardona20@hotmail.com.

Have a good one!!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook