RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

Golocke

Jan 29, 2013, 10:10 AM
Post #1 of 10 (1542 views)
Shortcut

Moving to Colorado
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hello I am moving out to Colorado in late April early May to take climbing a bit more seriously. I currently live in NJ and for those of you that dont know it has barely any climbing... I have been looking on Craigslist for rooms for rent anywhere from Boulder-Fort Collins area. And I decided to come here and try my luck to find a room for rent. So if anyone has a room for rent or knows someone
In reply to:
with a room for rent it would be great to hear from you. It would be nice to be living with climbers as well to make it easy to find partners. I can afford up to 400$ per month plus what ever utilities cost. So to get to know me better or suggest where I should live to contact me on here.

Thanks a lot and have a great day!

Libbster

Jan 29, 2013, 12:26 PM
Post #2 of 10 (1507 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Golocke] Moving to Colorado [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

This isn't going to answer your question at all but if I were you, trying to take climbing more seriously, I would just live in your car. That way is cheaper and you could travel around to climb in more places. Also sleep in a tent when-ever you can. Its up to you, I'm a very outdoor guy and would not mind living like that. You may. Just a suggesstion.

pcadle

Jan 29, 2013, 12:53 PM
Post #3 of 10 (1493 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Libbster] Moving to Colorado [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

also not an answer to your question but i too have considered living out of my car but i don't understand how people get the money to pay for gas and food, and basic living expenses. also where are good places to sleep in a car? just on the side of the road?

Wade308

Jan 29, 2013, 1:30 PM
Post #4 of 10 (1485 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sleeping in your car in CO in the winter would be a major drag.
Anyways, rooms in FoCo and Boulder are going to be a bit pricey, with the CU and CSU in the area. Check around the outlying areas, like Broomfield maybe.

styndall

Jan 29, 2013, 3:39 PM
Post #5 of 10 (1450 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Wade308] Moving to Colorado [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wade308 wrote:
Sleeping in your car in CO in the winter would be a major drag.
Anyways, rooms in FoCo and Boulder are going to be a bit pricey, with the CU and CSU in the area. Check around the outlying areas, like Broomfield maybe.

I managed to craigslist a bedroom in Boulder a couple of summers back for ~500 a month. It'll be tougher during the school year, but not impossible. People who graduated in December will be getting pretty desperate to find a subletter by now.

Golocke

Jan 29, 2013, 7:13 PM
Post #6 of 10 (1422 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I would totally live out of my car if I could but I work for fedex and they will not let me take off more than 2 weeks at a time and with fedex i can transfer any where in the world so i would like to keep it good idea though

Golocke

Jan 29, 2013, 7:16 PM
Post #7 of 10 (1420 views)
Shortcut

Re: [styndall] Moving to Colorado [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yea on craigslist I'm finding rooms for rent for 350-500 but people on craigslist want you to come check out the house and hang out before you move in which is hard because im in NJ hopefully the climbing world can help me out

jolery

Jan 30, 2013, 10:11 AM
Post #8 of 10 (1377 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Golocke] Moving to Colorado [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Golocke wrote:
Hello I am moving out to Colorado in late April early May to take climbing a bit more seriously. I currently live in NJ and for those of you that dont know it has barely any climbing... I have been looking on Craigslist for rooms for rent anywhere from Boulder-Fort Collins area. And I decided to come here and try my luck to find a room for rent. So if anyone has a room for rent or knows someone with a room for rent it would be great to hear from you. It would be nice to be living with climbers as well to make it easy to find partners. I can afford up to 400$ per month plus what ever utilities cost. So to get to know me better or suggest where I should live to contact me on here.

Thanks a lot and have a great day!

I know you want to get something sorted out before moving, but it may be easier to just move out there and then sort it out. When I lived in Boulder, there were always notes up at the climbing gyms where climbers were looking for roommates. Who knows you might make some friends out of it or get a climbing partner. Find a 'cheap' extended stay motel out there for a week until you find something. Good luck!!

Libbster

Jan 30, 2013, 6:13 PM
Post #9 of 10 (1328 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pcadle] Moving to Colorado [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well Alex Hannold lives out of his car. I'm sure he makes money from sponsorships but It would probably be better to sleep in your car at like a state park. Sleeping on the side of the road is probably illegal. Also those climbers that live in their cars or on the ground (like at yosemite) live off very little a month, like 500 bucks.

Golocke

Feb 7, 2013, 7:11 AM
Post #10 of 10 (1178 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jolery] Moving to Colorado [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yea that's what I think I'm going to wind up doing because I'm going to have 2 weeks vacation and I may have a friend that will let me stay at his house until I find something
Thanks a lot for the info ill be sure to check out the flyers in the gym

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$67.28 (10% off)
$62.06 (10% off)
$103.46 (10% off)
$1.35 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook