RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

Golocke

Jan 30, 2013, 3:41 AM
Post #1 of 4 (2349 views)
Shortcut

Middle finger pully injury
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So 2 weeks ago i was climbing at the gym trying a boulder problem when all of the sudden i felt/heard a loud pop and my middle finger was on fire. everyone on the ground heard the pop as well. now i know i probably ruptured the A2 Pulley and i was told by my friend to take atleast 2-4 months off of climbing.

But i feel like i can already start climbing on the finger because it barely hurts at all and i can already do pull ups on my campus board. I know its a bad idea to climb on it but my questions are...

Is it a bad idea to climb on V0s-V3s at the gym to keep my body in shape?
Do you think it will put too much stress on my finger?

V0s-V3s are usually what i warm up on.

Thanks a lot for your answers.

darylknezevich

Jan 30, 2013, 3:55 AM
Post #2 of 4 (2342 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Golocke] Middle finger pully injury [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It is an absolutley bad idea to climb on it. Rest it and take the hit. You will get a lil weak, but you have got to rest it or it will most assuredley get worse and you will never use it again. I had the same idea when I injured my pulleys. Bad, Bad, bad idea. thats my 2 cents. Just rest it, and rest it good and long till you cant even remember that it was ever painful.

Golocke

Jan 30, 2013, 4:41 AM
Post #3 of 4 (2332 views)
Shortcut

Re: [darylknezevich] Middle finger pully injury [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yea thats what i figured... Its just so hard not to climb when it used to be an every day thing... do you think the 2-4 months off as an accurate time?

darylknezevich

Jan 30, 2013, 6:23 PM
Post #4 of 4 (2265 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Golocke] Middle finger pully injury [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I know exactly how you feel. I waited a good 3 months and then I very slowly got back into climbing. I used huge jugs at first for a week or two then I moved on to low weight smaller holds (vertical climbs or slab) then once I was 100% sure I wasnt going to damage anything I was back into overhung crimps. took me about 6 months but I was extra careful after I &^cked myself the first time around. My fingers still bend backward quite awkwardly. Good luck to you, and a speedy recovery. research healing tendons and the foods you should eat. Might help as well.

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook