Jan 30, 2013, 4:12 AM
Post #1 of 1
Registered: Jan 30, 2013
Kyrgyz Alpine Club (KAC) and Union of Asian Alpine Associations (UAAA) invites mountaineering veterans and not only veterans - all old and new mountaineering and outdoor friends to join mountain adventure – the Veteran Festival in the Pamirs in 2013, the year of 85th anniversary of remarkable first ascent to Lenin Peak.
KAC offers five programmes of different activities:
1. Trekking I is the shortest (8 days) programme for acclimatized (at the altitude of 3000-4000m) participants.
2. Trekking II is 13 days programme which includes acclimatization in the Tien-Shan mountains, then short domestic flight to Osh to continue for the Base Camp of Lenin Peak and trek up to 4200m. This programme is for participants who don’t have acclimatization yet or lost it being long time out of mountains.
3. Easy climbing is 14 days climbing programme to Razdelnaya Peak (6100 m) which is on the way to summit of Lenin Peak. This programme is for climbers who are not going to climb Lenin Peak but prefer high altitude climbing on the route to the summit.
4. Climbing is a standard programme of ascent to Lenin Peak for 19 days including acclimatization.
5. Fast climbing is 12 days climbing programme of ascent on Lenin Peak for climbers with acclimatization till at least up to 4500 m.
Festival programme includes greeting of officials from the state and regional governments, of prominent climbers, folklore performance and bards’ concert, handicraft fair, memorial part and evening party.
Altitudes: 3700m (BC) - 4200m (ABC) – 5300m (Camp2) - 6100m (Camp 3) - 7134m Lenin Peak)
Activities: Climbing, Trekking, Skiing, Hiking, Drinking etc
Duration: 8, 13, 14, 19, 12 days
Arrival place: Osh and Bishkek
very reasonable price. Kyrgyzstan 2013 is free of Visa for most westerner country citizens
available brochure in PDF on demand at firstname.lastname@example.org
more information on http://www.kac.centralasia.kg/