Forums: Community: Campground:
Who would you rather be?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Poll: Who would you rather be?
Beatles 8 / 57%
Rolling Stones 6 / 43%
14 total votes
 

Gmburns2000


Jan 22, 2013, 3:08 PM
Post #1 of 26 (2290 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15177

Who would you rather be?
Report this Post
Can't Post

Was listening to a Metric song today (Gimme Sympathy) and they had a legit question: "who would you rather be, The Beatles or the Rolling Stones?"

This song was oddly followed by a Cloud Cult song (Happy Hippo) that has the lyrics "it's better to burn out than to fade away."

Note, this is not a "who made better music" question.

I chose The Beatles. I'm going to die in ball of flames anyway, so why the fuck not go big?


Gmburns2000


Jan 23, 2013, 2:13 PM
Post #2 of 26 (2248 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15177

Re: [Gmburns2000] Who would you rather be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

seriously? the Stones are winning?

I'm surprised by one of the votes, to be honest (I know who it is)


Toast_in_the_Machine


Jan 23, 2013, 2:28 PM
Post #3 of 26 (2245 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 11, 2008
Posts: 5184

Re: [Gmburns2000] Who would you rather be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Which member of the groups? Because if it is Brian Jones, I'd rather not.


Gmburns2000


Jan 23, 2013, 2:52 PM
Post #4 of 26 (2239 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15177

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] Who would you rather be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It's about neutered longevity vs. the brightest flash in the pan.


donald949


Jan 25, 2013, 9:26 AM
Post #5 of 26 (2206 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11400

Re: [Gmburns2000] Who would you rather be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
It's about neutered longevity vs. the brightest flash in the pan.
Eye jess broak the tie.
woot.


Gmburns2000


Jan 25, 2013, 10:44 AM
Post #6 of 26 (2200 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15177

Re: [donald949] Who would you rather be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm still surprised by the responses (and now I know your vote, too)


Partner camhead


Jan 25, 2013, 11:01 AM
Post #7 of 26 (2193 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20795

Re: [Gmburns2000] Who would you rather be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

definitely the Stones. I mean, would you rather sleep with Yoko Ono, or every hawt supermodel that Mick Jagger boinked?


Gmburns2000


Jan 25, 2013, 11:13 AM
Post #8 of 26 (2186 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15177

Re: [camhead] Who would you rather be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
definitely the Stones. I mean, would you rather sleep with Yoko Ono, or every hawt supermodel that Mick Jagger boinked?


Good point. That and I heard Lynda was a bit of a freak.


Partner camhead


Jan 25, 2013, 11:46 AM
Post #9 of 26 (2182 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20795

Re: [Gmburns2000] Who would you rather be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
camhead wrote:
definitely the Stones. I mean, would you rather sleep with Yoko Ono, or every hawt supermodel that Mick Jagger boinked?


Good point. That and I heard Lynda was a bit of a freak.

Yup.

Exhibit A: Marianne Faithful


Exhibit B: Bianca Jagger


Then again, Mick did sleep with David Bowie, too.... woops.



Gmburns2000


Jan 25, 2013, 3:22 PM
Post #10 of 26 (2172 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15177

Re: [camhead] Who would you rather be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
camhead wrote:
definitely the Stones. I mean, would you rather sleep with Yoko Ono, or every hawt supermodel that Mick Jagger boinked?


Good point. That and I heard Lynda was a bit of a freak.

Yup.

Exhibit A: Marianne Faithful
[image]http://bleubirdvintage.typepad.com/.a/6a00e554f1ae9388330120a78a92f9970b-800wi[/image]

Exhibit B: Bianca Jagger
[image]http://www.photographersgallery.com/i/full/bianca_jagger_munich.jpg[/image]

Then again, Mick did sleep with David Bowie, too.... woops.

that's your vote. no changing now.


dan2see


Jan 25, 2013, 8:58 PM
Post #11 of 26 (2164 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 28, 2006
Posts: 1497

Re: [Gmburns2000] Who would you rather be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm a lover, not a fighter.


chadnsc


Jan 27, 2013, 8:04 AM
Post #12 of 26 (2123 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 24, 2003
Posts: 4449

Re: [Gmburns2000] Who would you rather be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Screw 'em both, for a band I'd rather be The Who.

If I had to pick a specific rocker then it would be Neil Pert. What can I say, I luv da drums.


donald949


Jan 28, 2013, 9:08 AM
Post #13 of 26 (2100 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11400

Re: [donald949] Who would you rather be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
It's about neutered longevity vs. the brightest flash in the pan.
Eye jess broak the tie.
woot.
I jess like the stones work better than the beatles.


Gmburns2000


Jan 28, 2013, 6:27 PM
Post #14 of 26 (2087 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15177

Re: [donald949] Who would you rather be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

the flamenco forum took a hold of the same question and did much better with it in the end. i'm mildly disappointed here.


chadnsc


Jan 30, 2013, 8:44 AM
Post #15 of 26 (2058 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 24, 2003
Posts: 4449

Re: [Gmburns2000] Who would you rather be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
the flamenco forum took a hold of the same question and did much better with it in the end. i'm mildly disappointed here.

Well next time just tell us what you want instead of asking for our opinion. Unsure


Kartessa


Jan 30, 2013, 12:54 PM
Post #16 of 26 (2040 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7358

Re: [Gmburns2000] Who would you rather be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I Like Acid and Weed a lot better than Cocaine and Heroin, so Beetles it is.


Gmburns2000


Jan 30, 2013, 1:16 PM
Post #17 of 26 (2037 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15177

Re: [Kartessa] Who would you rather be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I might need to change answers:

some flamenco dude wrote:
I would not mind being Keef-

A still fetching in her late 50's model wife, a few houses around the world, some money, still has not allowed himself to be knighted thus he is still non complicit with the higher social orders...but he probably does as much charity giving as Sir Paul.

He stays up late at night cooking bangers and mash, and he gets to play Pirates in movies. He fell out of a tree and lived.

In the beginning they concert promoters said of the Stones and the Beatles; The Stones were gentlemen they had to gussy up to look shabby and tough and the Beatles were street toughs they had to put in suits and ties to make them look less like Marlon Brando clone punks. In Germany in the pre invasion days they dressed like greasers. In America that look was too menacing and tough to make them seem like those dapper Lads from Liverpool. The Stones first tours of the US took them through areas where they hung out in black night clubs where whites did not go, but they seem to have been welcomed because they knew the music in detail.

Sort of like Americans or Japanese going to Spain and being welcomed by Gitano's more so than Gitano's might be open to non Gypsy Spaniards. I remember telling some Spanish guys I hung out with that I went to a Gypsy baptism, they were both jealous and repulsed at the same time. They said how could I stand to hang out with 'thieves and drug addicts' while in the next breath saying I love flamenco and I've lived in Spain all my life and have never been invited to a flamenco Gypsies private life or home. I filled them in on what happened and they just sat there gawking.

Some time ago I read, maybe in one of Paco Sevilla's books, that Camaron was invited to sing in a private fiesta for the Rolling Stones for the sum of 30,000 dollars. In the end Camaron declined to perform for some reason, I don't know why. Who knows why, maybe he was too strung out. Sometimes when junkies meet up it flares their interest in going on a jag and getting high..or maybe Camaron just did not want to sing for such a small sum..the lore around both the Stones and Camaron is so Byzantine and opaque how could you ever know unless you asked one of them yourself?

Maybe the reason flamencos pick the Stones over Sir Paul and Co. is because the Stones themselves are just more flamenco than the Beatles. The image, the sound, the strutting..

Maybe Camaron did not want to compete with Mick for who struts better...


notapplicable


Jan 30, 2013, 6:23 PM
Post #18 of 26 (2029 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17768

Re: [Kartessa] Who would you rather be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
I Like Acid and Weed a lot better than Cocaine and Heroin, so Beetles it is.

While it may be safe(ish) to assume the Beetles did not do much coke or smack, it is 100% certain that the Stones did lots of all four.

I believe the choice is clear.


Kartessa


Jan 30, 2013, 7:03 PM
Post #19 of 26 (2023 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7358

Re: [notapplicable] Who would you rather be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
I Like Acid and Weed a lot better than Cocaine and Heroin, so Beetles it is.

While it may be safe(ish) to assume the Beetles did not do much coke or smack, it is 100% certain that the Stones did lots of all four.

I believe the choice is clear.

Heroin! Cocaine! Methamphetamine! LSD! Crack! Opium! Cannabis! Mushrooms! Ecstacy! PCP! GHB! Cough Syrup! Alcohol! Ketamine! Mescaline!

I want it all...

I guess that makes me more like:





notapplicable


Jan 30, 2013, 7:23 PM
Post #20 of 26 (2013 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17768

Re: [Kartessa] Who would you rather be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
I Like Acid and Weed a lot better than Cocaine and Heroin, so Beetles it is.

While it may be safe(ish) to assume the Beetles did not do much coke or smack, it is 100% certain that the Stones did lots of all four.

I believe the choice is clear.

Heroin! Cocaine! Methamphetamine! LSD! Crack! Opium! Cannabis! Mushrooms! Ecstacy! PCP! GHB! Cough Syrup! Alcohol! Ketamine! Mescaline!

I want it all...

I guess that makes me more like:


[image]http://betseyj.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/cl.jpg[/image]

Oh sweet jesus.

It's probably good you didn't invite me to Jtree. You and I hanging out IRL might not end well.


Kartessa


Jan 31, 2013, 6:20 AM
Post #21 of 26 (1999 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7358

Re: [notapplicable] Who would you rather be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
I Like Acid and Weed a lot better than Cocaine and Heroin, so Beetles it is.

While it may be safe(ish) to assume the Beetles did not do much coke or smack, it is 100% certain that the Stones did lots of all four.

I believe the choice is clear.

Heroin! Cocaine! Methamphetamine! LSD! Crack! Opium! Cannabis! Mushrooms! Ecstacy! PCP! GHB! Cough Syrup! Alcohol! Ketamine! Mescaline!

I want it all...

I guess that makes me more like:


[image]http://betseyj.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/cl.jpg[/image]

Oh sweet jesus.

It's probably good you didn't invite me to Jtree. You and I hanging out IRL might not end well.

Cactus Party?


notapplicable


Jan 31, 2013, 8:41 AM
Post #22 of 26 (1990 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17768

Re: [Kartessa] Who would you rather be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
I Like Acid and Weed a lot better than Cocaine and Heroin, so Beetles it is.

While it may be safe(ish) to assume the Beetles did not do much coke or smack, it is 100% certain that the Stones did lots of all four.

I believe the choice is clear.

Heroin! Cocaine! Methamphetamine! LSD! Crack! Opium! Cannabis! Mushrooms! Ecstacy! PCP! GHB! Cough Syrup! Alcohol! Ketamine! Mescaline!

I want it all...

I guess that makes me more like:


[image]http://betseyj.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/cl.jpg[/image]

Oh sweet jesus.

It's probably good you didn't invite me to Jtree. You and I hanging out IRL might not end well.

Cactus Party?

Heh heh heh...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/...?term=Cactus%20Party

But yeah. What you actually meant. I'd be in to that.


donald949


Jan 31, 2013, 9:21 AM
Post #23 of 26 (1986 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11400

Re: [notapplicable] Who would you rather be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
I Like Acid and Weed a lot better than Cocaine and Heroin, so Beetles it is.

While it may be safe(ish) to assume the Beetles did not do much coke or smack, it is 100% certain that the Stones did lots of all four.

I believe the choice is clear.

Heroin! Cocaine! Methamphetamine! LSD! Crack! Opium! Cannabis! Mushrooms! Ecstacy! PCP! GHB! Cough Syrup! Alcohol! Ketamine! Mescaline!

I want it all...

I guess that makes me more like:


[image]http://betseyj.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/cl.jpg[/image]

Oh sweet jesus.

It's probably good you didn't invite me to Jtree. You and I hanging out IRL might not end well.

Cactus Party?

Heh heh heh...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/...?term=Cactus%20Party

But yeah. What you actually meant. I'd be in to that.
Well, being that I'm at work, I'll have click on that later. But theres lots of Teddy Bear Cholla to be had at JTree. No really teddybear:
http://en.wikipedia.org/...ndropuntia_bigelovii
Teddy bear Cholla:




Kartessa


Jan 31, 2013, 10:02 AM
Post #24 of 26 (1982 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7358

Re: [donald949] Who would you rather be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
I Like Acid and Weed a lot better than Cocaine and Heroin, so Beetles it is.

While it may be safe(ish) to assume the Beetles did not do much coke or smack, it is 100% certain that the Stones did lots of all four.

I believe the choice is clear.

Heroin! Cocaine! Methamphetamine! LSD! Crack! Opium! Cannabis! Mushrooms! Ecstacy! PCP! GHB! Cough Syrup! Alcohol! Ketamine! Mescaline!

I want it all...

I guess that makes me more like:


[image]http://betseyj.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/cl.jpg[/image]

Oh sweet jesus.

It's probably good you didn't invite me to Jtree. You and I hanging out IRL might not end well.

Cactus Party?

Heh heh heh...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/...?term=Cactus%20Party

But yeah. What you actually meant. I'd be in to that.
Well, being that I'm at work, I'll have click on that later. But theres lots of Teddy Bear Cholla to be had at JTree. No really teddybear:
http://en.wikipedia.org/...ndropuntia_bigelovii
Teddy bear Cholla:


If I eat it, will I get high?


donald949


Jan 31, 2013, 10:12 AM
Post #25 of 26 (1964 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11400

Re: [Kartessa] Who would you rather be? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
donald949 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
I Like Acid and Weed a lot better than Cocaine and Heroin, so Beetles it is.

While it may be safe(ish) to assume the Beetles did not do much coke or smack, it is 100% certain that the Stones did lots of all four.

I believe the choice is clear.

Heroin! Cocaine! Methamphetamine! LSD! Crack! Opium! Cannabis! Mushrooms! Ecstacy! PCP! GHB! Cough Syrup! Alcohol! Ketamine! Mescaline!

I want it all...

I guess that makes me more like:


[image]http://betseyj.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/cl.jpg[/image]

Oh sweet jesus.

It's probably good you didn't invite me to Jtree. You and I hanging out IRL might not end well.

Cactus Party?

Heh heh heh...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/...?term=Cactus%20Party

But yeah. What you actually meant. I'd be in to that.
Well, being that I'm at work, I'll have click on that later. But theres lots of Teddy Bear Cholla to be had at JTree. No really teddybear:
http://en.wikipedia.org/...ndropuntia_bigelovii
Teddy bear Cholla:


If I eat it, will I get high?
No, but you will get a crazy sharp mouth full of barbed needles.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook