Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3870 3871 3872 3873 3874 3875 3876 3877 3878 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Partner camhead

Feb 2, 2013, 5:43 PM
Post #96826 of 105309 (7148 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Driving back from ATL & teh jorb interviews. Snow started in chattorado. Not too bad, but a bunch of cars are off the road. Stuck in a backup right now, which is grate for teh PC+++. Three of the wrecked cars had Romney-Ryan stickers.

carabiner96

Feb 2, 2013, 5:44 PM
Post #96827 of 105309 (7148 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Hey Biner, are you following the whole Crunk Bear thing? Isn't that your hood?

I think my next route is going to be called Crunk Bear.
Sort of, you hit Aurora before you hit Denver.

Funny enough, it hasn't made much news out here, I've only seen it on facebook.

Partner camhead

Feb 2, 2013, 5:46 PM
Post #96828 of 105309 (7147 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Hey Biner, are you following the whole Crunk Bear thing? Isn't that your hood?

I think my next route is going to be called Crunk Bear.

I followed it after you linked the pic. Its awesome. She certainly is confusing a bunch of her horny students I'm sure.

Partner camhead

Feb 2, 2013, 5:49 PM
Post #96829 of 105309 (7145 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Plus, the word 'crunk' is just hilarious. I think it means stoned and durken? I always associated it with bad 2005 era 'when I step into da club'- type music. Like brokencyde, which if you have not heard of you all should check out. Worst possible music E
Evar.

Partner camhead

Feb 2, 2013, 5:52 PM
Post #96830 of 105309 (7141 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Woo! Accidental ptftw! Biner is a non- threat! We gawn get crunk!

caughtinside

Feb 2, 2013, 5:53 PM
Post #96831 of 105309 (7138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Plus, the word 'crunk' is just hilarious. I think it means stoned and durken? I always associated it with bad 2005 era 'when I step into da club'- type music. Like brokencyde, which if you have not heard of you all should check out. Worst possible music E
Evar.

Yeah, Crunk n B was big for like 3 minutes with Ciara.

Its one of those things though where I'm probably just old and not hip any more. Is it stoned and drunk? Crazy-drunk? I bet every 22 year old knows. I was just told last night that no one says LOL any more dammit.

urban dictionary says chronic + drunk.

People still say chronic? LOL. Dammit!

carabiner96

Feb 2, 2013, 5:57 PM
Post #96832 of 105309 (7128 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Remember crunk juice?

dr_feelgood

Feb 2, 2013, 6:08 PM
Post #96833 of 105309 (7127 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Driving back from ATL & teh jorb interviews. Snow started in chattorado. Not too bad, but a bunch of cars are off the road. Stuck in a backup right now, which is grate for teh PC+++. Three of the wrecked cars had Romney-Ryan stickers.
Stackin' 'em like cordwood!

although I imagine that there is a statistically higher probability of a car having the Racist-Reactionary bumper sticker in the south, and therefore seeing them off the road is not an uncommon occurrence.

I'm still chuckling at the thought, erieguardless.

snoopy138

Feb 3, 2013, 2:58 AM
Post #96834 of 105309 (7111 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Whoa, just got a reminder of a dodged bullet. Brian just heard that his company back in Vermont, which had 70 employees when he started, has just laid off all but 5.

shit, so he'll have to find a new place to work out there when you guys move back in june?

snoopy138

Feb 3, 2013, 3:06 AM
Post #96835 of 105309 (7107 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Evar.

I don't know where the word comes from, but it refers to a specific sort of hip-hop and associated dancing prevalent in atlanta and other parts of the south. Lil Jon is probably the artist I'd most associate with the genre.

Allfred

Feb 3, 2013, 3:55 AM
Post #96836 of 105309 (7097 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Just got this E-mail from our secretary:

In reply to:
Hi Everyone,

There is no functioning restrooms or water fountains in our building.

If you need to use the restroom, you have to go to another building. Someone drilled through the main water line.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

It is freaking 14F and snowing outside. I think if I head outside, I'll walk all the way to my car, ans go home.

if it is 14F and snowing, what teh fuk is somebody doing outside drilling through the water line?

That shit don't stop. When it gets -10F below or wind chills to -40 +/-, they'll stop work. It gets too cold for the pumps to move the hydraulic fluid on the equipment and that can be dangerous.

Allfred

Feb 3, 2013, 4:31 AM
Post #96837 of 105309 (7087 views)
Shortcut

Re: [meatbomz] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
drivel wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
drivel wrote:
this has got to be some kind of gold star for the g3rks though.

we started a flamewar that caused a mod to resign.
What a pussy. At least when mods over here resign, there's real tears involved.

he might have cried the real tearz. he sent me some butthurt emails last night.

nods hed in approval Again noice werk. Cood be that this incident ranks up there with sum ov teh other best BET pranks.

Its all I can do to GU this thing. Now I have to remember my prodge account?

right, I get the feeling that I missed something gud.

Allfred

Feb 3, 2013, 4:37 AM
Post #96838 of 105309 (7085 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
I hope they free Crunk Bear!

http://americanlivewire.com/...crunk-bear-mckinney/

#46?

Allfred

Feb 3, 2013, 4:41 AM
Post #96839 of 105309 (7083 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Allfred] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Allfred wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
I hope they free Crunk Bear!

http://americanlivewire.com/...crunk-bear-mckinney/

#46?

I should have clicked on the link first. End of GU!

END.

lena_chita

Feb 3, 2013, 11:14 PM
Post #96840 of 105309 (7064 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
Dammit, Lena, J teh boi facefriended drivel but knot me!

Also, boring gnus. Ice storm last night, not sure how the roads are. Driving to Atlanta today for some interviews, driving was cheaper than flying. I finally broke down and learned how to tie a tie yesterday, which I'd successfully avoided for the past few decades. Did you guys know that the first google autocomplete you get for "how do you..." is "tie a tie?"

that is awl.

Boston, Atlanta and DC? You're checking out all the climbing hotspots.

probibly has an interview lined up in chicago, two.
I hope he gets the Omaha jorb.

somebody at teh red was telling us about the tons of sick limestonez in iowa that nobody knows about/pays attention to ... might have been eastern iowa, though.

guys used to spritz about it on the knob years back. Probably your standard 35' riverbank crumbly limestone, but who knows. There's a few gems or Euro Vacations just about everywhere.

yeah, GG was quite skeptical, but the guy was adamant that it was the gratest shit ever. 75', sick overhanging, etc. who nose.
I don't remember any of this.

it was the guy talking to us at the Shire, over by KSB (the fun 10d with all the iron-pulling)

Oh yeah. I think I was happier not remember that conversation.

Seriously, was the guy bald, late 30s, with a cigarette rasp in his voice?

Kinetic Tony has done some Iowa developement. The rock looks decent. Not enough for a trip, but if I was ever taking a leisurely drive across I-80 I would check it out. Of course, everytime I'm driving through Iowa I have nothing on my mind but getting the fuck out of there.

I don't believe so.

So that rules out Troy, but not Tony. Tony wouldn't be acting like a gerk. In fact, he would be positively brimming with enthusiasm and offering to take you on a tour... Did the guy have any cliff bar signs on his gear? As in, ALL over his gear?

If not, then we just discovered that there is a 3rd guy who knows about the secret radness of Iowa limestone. Angelic

I think this guy was leading a group of gumbies who were lurving the Shire.

also accurate

Hey, you wouldn't have met a group of newbs who were lurving the Shire you you two weren't ALSO at the Shire.

Just saying...

yes, and it turned out that (a) it's on the way over to Amarillo and Samurai (one of the many gnu proj's I picked up that trip), and (b) that KSB rowt is a kickass warmup.

The n00b wall on the shire is not good warmup, though.

that was a gud day, actually ... KSB was fun, fell off towards the end of the left traverse on my onsite attempt of Amarillo, zent on try 2, took a beatdown figuring out the boulder porblem on samurai, then went across the valley and zent the Citizen's Arete (2nd try of the day, after hanging draws on try 1).

Citizens arête was Lena's mega proj earlier. I think it finally went down after a few years work.

well, I have a sneaking suspicion that she went off rowt in the middle and never actually zent.

Oh really? Well, keep your suspicions to yourself, unless you have photos to prove it!

lena_chita

Feb 3, 2013, 11:17 PM
Post #96841 of 105309 (7063 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
Whoa, just got a reminder of a dodged bullet. Brian just heard that his company back in Vermont, which had 70 employees when he started, has just laid off all but 5.

shit, so he'll have to find a new place to work out there when you guys move back in june?

NO, 'biner is going to land a dream jorb, and he will be a stay-at-home dad.

lena_chita

Feb 3, 2013, 11:29 PM
Post #96842 of 105309 (7059 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In other gnus, I climbed pretty well this weekend, without the half-anticipated presence of unpleasant company.
Yeah, the routes were reachy (what else is new?), but for some reason I was not in the least bit frustrated about it, because I thought I had bigger unpleasant things to look forward to, so without them, nothing else mattered much.

[spray]It actually feels like I am seeing the positive effects of the hangbored hell. More than one occasion I lunged for a hold that i thought was going to be too bad/small to stick, and every time I stuck it and thought, shit, I am actually holding on to it, and it doesn't feel that bad, even though it looks like it should be really bad and I shouldn't be able to hold on to it. The highlight was a deadpoint to crimpy one-pad undercling/sidepull, followed by cutting feet, repositioning them, and jumping blindly to another hold.

[/spray]

Hopefully Jack had his dirtiest bits arranged in a proper way before he got hit by the spray above, because there is no shower anticipated for a while.

Partner camhead

Feb 3, 2013, 11:50 PM
Post #96843 of 105309 (7054 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
[spray]It actually feels like I am seeing the positive effects of the hangbored hell. More than one occasion I lunged for a hold that i thought was going to be too bad/small to stick, and every time I stuck it and thought, shit, I am actually holding on to it, and it doesn't feel that bad, even though it looks like it should be really bad and I shouldn't be able to hold on to it. The highlight was a deadpoint to crimpy one-pad undercling/sidepull, followed by cutting feet, repositioning them, and jumping blindly to another hold.

YEAH! I am starting to peak with the hangbored, too. There was a crimpy porbelm in the gym with a good landing, not left foot intensive at awl, so I ran up it. Feet cut whenever I was not campusing, and I just felt solid on all the crimps. I love the definite, easily quantifiable gains you make on the hangbored. We should start a website called hangboarding.com, for 100% hangbored tawk, all day every day!

Partner camhead

Feb 3, 2013, 11:51 PM
Post #96844 of 105309 (7054 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

FUCK! Looks like the domain name is not coming cheap! The vultures got to it first!

http://www.hugedomains.com/...ngboarding&e=com

lena_chita

Feb 4, 2013, 12:17 AM
Post #96845 of 105309 (7046 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
FUCK! Looks like the domain name is not coming cheap! The vultures got to it first!

Heh! I am not donating any money towards the domain purchase. But you go right ahead. I am sure dribble would wholeheartedly approve. Especially if you put it into the spreadhseet you already have, something about' footing the bill"

In other news, it was grate to see dribledy drivel this morning and chat over made-by-Heffe coffee.

dr_feelgood

Feb 4, 2013, 12:20 AM
Post #96846 of 105309 (7045 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

YEAH! I am starting to peak with the hangbored, too. There was a crimpy porbelm in the gym with a good landing, not left foot intensive at awl, so I ran up it. Feet cut whenever I was not campusing, and I just felt solid on all the crimps. I love the definite, easily quantifiable gains you make on the hangbored. We should start a website called hangboarding.com, for 100% hangbored tawk, all day every day!
Could you do that? I think I speak for all of us, but I feel like we would welcome a dedicated place for hangboreding discussion.

Partner camhead

Feb 4, 2013, 12:33 AM
Post #96847 of 105309 (7043 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Holy shit, CITIZENS OF BET!!! This is the most brilliant video I have seen since the California earthquake prediction.

Full story here:
http://slog.thestranger.com/...03/smash-smash-smash

Or, for the full effect, just watch the full footage of the homeless surfer who saved that poor woman's life:

http://www.youtube.com/...ed&v=ckfBGdZoR_0

It's moments like this that I love the internet. See Eye, you know this guy?

lena_chita

Feb 4, 2013, 1:52 AM
Post #96848 of 105309 (7032 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Holy shit, CITIZENS OF BET!!! This is the most brilliant video I have seen since the California earthquake prediction.

Full story here:
http://slog.thestranger.com/...03/smash-smash-smash

Or, for the full effect, just watch the full footage of the homeless surfer who saved that poor woman's life:

http://www.youtube.com/...ed&v=ckfBGdZoR_0

It's moments like this that I love the internet. See Eye, you know this guy?

I admit that i wasn't able to listen through the entire raw interview with this Kai guy... but I think I got the gist of it after 20 sec.

I was just trying to picture the reporter's face off-camera... bhahahha!

drivel

Feb 4, 2013, 3:58 AM
Post #96849 of 105309 (7020 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

Heh! I am not donating any money towards the domain purchase. But you go right ahead. I am sure dribble would wholeheartedly approve. Especially if you put it into the spreadhseet you already have, something about' footing the bill"

In other news, it was grate to see dribledy drivel this morning and chat over made-by-Heffe coffee.

durp.

snoopy138

Feb 4, 2013, 4:21 AM
Post #96850 of 105309 (7014 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
Dammit, Lena, J teh boi facefriended drivel but knot me!

Also, boring gnus. Ice storm last night, not sure how the roads are. Driving to Atlanta today for some interviews, driving was cheaper than flying. I finally broke down and learned how to tie a tie yesterday, which I'd successfully avoided for the past few decades. Did you guys know that the first google autocomplete you get for "how do you..." is "tie a tie?"

that is awl.

Boston, Atlanta and DC? You're checking out all the climbing hotspots.

probibly has an interview lined up in chicago, two.
I hope he gets the Omaha jorb.

somebody at teh red was telling us about the tons of sick limestonez in iowa that nobody knows about/pays attention to ... might have been eastern iowa, though.

guys used to spritz about it on the knob years back. Probably your standard 35' riverbank crumbly limestone, but who knows. There's a few gems or Euro Vacations just about everywhere.

yeah, GG was quite skeptical, but the guy was adamant that it was the gratest shit ever. 75', sick overhanging, etc. who nose.
I don't remember any of this.

it was the guy talking to us at the Shire, over by KSB (the fun 10d with all the iron-pulling)

Oh yeah. I think I was happier not remember that conversation.

Seriously, was the guy bald, late 30s, with a cigarette rasp in his voice?

Kinetic Tony has done some Iowa developement. The rock looks decent. Not enough for a trip, but if I was ever taking a leisurely drive across I-80 I would check it out. Of course, everytime I'm driving through Iowa I have nothing on my mind but getting the fuck out of there.

I don't believe so.

So that rules out Troy, but not Tony. Tony wouldn't be acting like a gerk. In fact, he would be positively brimming with enthusiasm and offering to take you on a tour... Did the guy have any cliff bar signs on his gear? As in, ALL over his gear?

If not, then we just discovered that there is a 3rd guy who knows about the secret radness of Iowa limestone. Angelic

I think this guy was leading a group of gumbies who were lurving the Shire.

also accurate

Hey, you wouldn't have met a group of newbs who were lurving the Shire you you two weren't ALSO at the Shire.

Just saying...

yes, and it turned out that (a) it's on the way over to Amarillo and Samurai (one of the many gnu proj's I picked up that trip), and (b) that KSB rowt is a kickass warmup.

The n00b wall on the shire is not good warmup, though.

that was a gud day, actually ... KSB was fun, fell off towards the end of the left traverse on my onsite attempt of Amarillo, zent on try 2, took a beatdown figuring out the boulder porblem on samurai, then went across the valley and zent the Citizen's Arete (2nd try of the day, after hanging draws on try 1).

Citizens arête was Lena's mega proj earlier. I think it finally went down after a few years work.

well, I have a sneaking suspicion that she went off rowt in the middle and never actually zent.

Oh really? Well, keep your suspicions to yourself, unless you have photos to prove it!

this sounds a bit like a tacit admission.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3870 3871 3872 3873 3874 3875 3876 3877 3878 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook