Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 10:58 PM
Post #40426 of 45342 (3762 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SylviaSmile] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
I didn't cry, though, because I am a brave girl.

Instead, I did what any sane person would do and googled "how do you know if your toe is broken" right after the event, and I found out that even if the toes were broken all the doctor would do would bind them together and tell me to put ice.

Of course I didn't visit a doctor so I don't know if they are really broken or not, but they are still pretty bruised and don't bend well.

They're not deformed or anything, though, so I think they will be okay.

AND I just added some arnica to them (the wounds are healed so I think it's ok).

My goal is to go dancing tonight, though my roommate thinks that's a bad idea.

So that's my toe story!

And PTFTW!

Gmburns2000

Feb 2, 2013, 11:01 PM
Post #40427 of 45342 (3757 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
I sure hope my boss's intranet stalking skill are subpar.

lol let's all hope so! who knows who's watching?

I was thinking about it the other day. Do yall think any of your friends/family lurk the SPCI?

All my friends, climbing and non, know i troll contribute to RC.com. Somebodys doing the lurking.

This reminds me of the day, not so long ago, when in a fit of listlessness I scrolled through the annals of the SPCI and discovered that no one ever really wanted my ham-bacon sandwiches. I was crushed. Frown

Madness! Those sammiches were a huge hit.

Well, I hoped so, since I followed K's recipe to a T!

I meant PTFTW! Pirate

you were on a roll there

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 11:02 PM
Post #40428 of 45342 (3752 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

I was thinking about it the other day. Do yall think any of your friends/family lurk the SPCI?

All my friends, climbing and non, know i troll contribute to RC.com. Somebodys doing the lurking.

This reminds me of the day, not so long ago, when in a fit of listlessness I scrolled through the annals of the SPCI and discovered that no one ever really wanted my ham-bacon sandwiches. I was crushed. Frown

Madness! Those sammiches were a huge hit.

Well, I hoped so, since I followed K's recipe to a T!

I meant PTFTW! Pirate

you were on a roll there

haha, good one! Cool

Gmburns2000

Feb 2, 2013, 11:03 PM
Post #40429 of 45342 (3751 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

Instead, I did what any sane person would do and googled "how do you know if your toe is broken" right after the event, and I found out that even if the toes were broken all the doctor would do would bind them together and tell me to put ice.

Of course I didn't visit a doctor so I don't know if they are really broken or not, but they are still pretty bruised and don't bend well.

AND I just added some arnica to them (the wounds are healed so I think it's ok).

So that's my toe story!

done in good PT style. well done.

SylviaSmile

Feb 2, 2013, 11:08 PM
Post #40430 of 45342 (3745 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks, I try!

Gmburns2000

Feb 3, 2013, 2:27 AM
Post #40431 of 45342 (3726 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

for those interested in a little blues:

Bluebird by Mark Knopfler Yes, that Mark Knopfler.

BTW - this album (Privateering) is damn good.

One thing I love about Boston is that it has one of the (if not the) best indie music scenes in the US. Part of that is because it historically, and still does, has had many local stations that break a lot of bands. Those stations have come and gone over the years, but quite a few keep popping back up and they are always on the edge of what's about to be big. As a result, everyone working hard not only stops in Boston once or twice, but many, many, many times working their way up through the bigger venues.

I saw the Killers open up for Arcade Fire in a venue that holds less than 300 people; The Stills (Deana probably knows them) in a venue that holds less than 100 (legally); The Libertines in a place that holds about 400 and at the same place the next night the Mars Volta; The Arctic Monkeys at the same small place as the Libertines and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs; both Bloc Party and OK Go on the street at a...yup, a block party; The Psych Furs (with four guitars, one set of drums, and NO other instruments) with less than 100 people; and Franz Ferdinand, Amusement Parks on Fire, Ambulance LTD, Interpol, Belly, Broken Social Scene, Cloud Cult, Gavin DeGraw, Alexi Murdoch (yes, I just admitted that), Kaiser Cheifs (sig), Meg Hutchinson (who, bragging, I actually know personally), Milk at Midnight, PJ Harvey, etc., all at small venues (i.e. - less than 300 people). I remember seeing Sleater-Kinney at a place that barely holds 100 people and the place was going fucking WILD!

Anyway, three fingers of MaCallan 20yo and the music is flowing (so is the paint, too, btw). WOOOO!!!

Gmburns2000

Feb 3, 2013, 2:30 AM
Post #40432 of 45342 (3724 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

what I meant to say ^^ but forgot to, was that I love reading the Boston.com (mostly Boston Globe) music section, because there's always a great review of someone new swinging through town. It's how I find my newest bands.

The former Dire Straits's frontman Privateering album was one of the Globe's best of 2012 that didn't get a lot of air time. Just thought I'd share it.

notapplicable

Feb 3, 2013, 6:35 AM
Post #40433 of 45342 (3712 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

I once dated a guy who creeped me on here... As soon as I found out, it cut the rope

I hope no one I know in real life (apart from Bryan) is on here! Speak now or . . . don't.

I'm trying to remember a specific instance of oversharing on your part. I can't really. Which isn't a good sign actually. The more outwardly reserved the person is, the bigger the freak they usually are.

ME, reserved? lol Angelic

Outwardly. Classic over compensation to mask the degeneracy.

notapplicable

Feb 3, 2013, 6:40 AM
Post #40434 of 45342 (3710 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
The hard sell actually worked with that Sylviasmile woman. I got a PM and were supposed to go climbing next weekend.

She wants to hit Seneca, which is multi-pitch trad, so I figure we can go super mellow with a 5.3 to start the day and see how things go. I definitely need a gym partner for when I'm working in NOVA, so this could work out well.

Check out the sandwich thread... You're welcome

Thank you. Unfortunately ham is the least tasty sammich meat, so will be submitting my own no-ham hamsammich recipe.

I'm kind of thinking you missed the point of the thread.

I didn't miss the fact that I will be the one eating what ever artery clogging concoction you people help her cook up.

AHA! ^truth^

I still maintain that ham is the least tasty sammich meat. Just think how fabulous they would have been with chicken instead!

notapplicable

Feb 3, 2013, 6:43 AM
Post #40435 of 45342 (3708 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:

Not gonna lie, I would have shed a single tear.

notapplicable

Feb 3, 2013, 6:51 AM
Post #40436 of 45342 (3700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:

One thing I love about Boston is that it has one of the (if not the) best indie music scenes in the US. Part of that is because it historically, and still does, has had many local stations that break a lot of bands. Those stations have come and gone over the years, but quite a few keep popping back up and they are always on the edge of what's about to be big. As a result, everyone working hard not only stops in Boston once or twice, but many, many, many times working their way up through the bigger venues.

I saw the Killers open up for Arcade Fire in a venue that holds less than 300 people; The Stills (Deana probably knows them) in a venue that holds less than 100 (legally); The Libertines in a place that holds about 400 and at the same place the next night the Mars Volta; The Arctic Monkeys at the same small place as the Libertines and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs; both Bloc Party and OK Go on the street at a...yup, a block party; The Psych Furs (with four guitars, one set of drums, and NO other instruments) with less than 100 people; and Franz Ferdinand, Amusement Parks on Fire, Ambulance LTD, Interpol, Belly, Broken Social Scene, Cloud Cult, Gavin DeGraw, Alexi Murdoch (yes, I just admitted that), Kaiser Cheifs (sig), Meg Hutchinson (who, bragging, I actually know personally), Milk at Midnight, PJ Harvey, etc., all at small venues (i.e. - less than 300 people). I remember seeing Sleater-Kinney at a place that barely holds 100 people and the place was going fucking WILD!

Anyway, three fingers of MaCallan 20yo and the music is flowing (so is the paint, too, btw). WOOOO!!!

Funny timing. I was just making plans with my dad and brother to go back to the Memphis Blues Festival in May. It's been 6-7 years since I was there last but there is always a nice combination of local, regional and country wide blues artists on stage and in the bars afterhours.

notapplicable

Feb 3, 2013, 6:55 AM
Post #40437 of 45342 (3697 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My brother just bought his first house and we just finished gutting the hall bath and laundry room. Gonna fix some water damage to the subfloor and joists and put in all new tile and fixtures. It's nice to have my hands back in that stuff again. There is something very satisfying about that kind of construction work. It's just the right combination of labor and craft. I enjoy it.

Gmburns2000

Feb 3, 2013, 11:44 AM
Post #40438 of 45342 (3682 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Funny timing. I was just making plans with my dad and brother to go back to the Memphis Blues Festival in May. It's been 6-7 years since I was there last but there is always a nice combination of local, regional and country wide blues artists on stage and in the bars afterhours.

I bet if he's there it'll be packed once people know who he is. I'd go see him for sure.

blues fests are simply fantastic. seeing one in memphis has to be a charm, too. i'm jealous.

Gmburns2000

Feb 3, 2013, 11:46 AM
Post #40439 of 45342 (3680 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
My brother just bought his first house and we just finished gutting the hall bath and laundry room. Gonna fix some water damage to the subfloor and joists and put in all new tile and fixtures. It's nice to have my hands back in that stuff again. There is something very satisfying about that kind of construction work. It's just the right combination of labor and craft. I enjoy it.

I'm quite terrible at this kind of stuff, mostly because I've never really been taught how to do it (and thus never practiced), but I agree completely. I always told my boss at the hospital that manual labor always seemed more satisfying than office work. He didn't agree, but we came from different backgrounds.

donald949

Feb 4, 2013, 4:30 PM
Post #40440 of 45342 (3632 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
*Looks around*

Yep, still going strong.

*wanders back to MLP forums*
Mountain lite projects?

donald949

Feb 4, 2013, 4:33 PM
Post #40441 of 45342 (3629 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Turkish Airlines is considered by many to be the best airline in Europe.

Their marketing, however, doesn't seem to be so up to par:

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us

Yea, thats not so good...

donald949

Feb 4, 2013, 4:38 PM
Post #40442 of 45342 (3627 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
Whitney is really cool (if you are here, hi Whitney!), and though she's from here, uses all kinds of California slang due to going to college there, and that amuses me to no end. Smile

So anyway, neither of us had been the gym in months, so we were taking it pretty easy and having some relaxed fun.

The hardest one I did was a 5.8+, which is not me trying to push it. In fact, I didn't even try a 5.9 except for one that i couldn't even start because it was weird so I switched to a 5.8 with a crack, which was easy...

Just as we were both getting maybe a bit tired (my forearms were starting to feel it a bit) . . .

We noticed it was 10:30 p.m.! We both had to get up early so we called it a night at that point. A pretty good night of climbing for not having done it since September (for me).

Even though I had eaten a pretty good (and delicious: fried seasoned potatoes, fresh bell pepper, and yogurt) dinner before climbing, when I got home of course I had the munchies.

I knew I had a cup of instant tortilla soup somewhere in my pantry shelf, so as the water boiled I dug around in the back of the shelf for it . . .

. . . and instead I found my raisins! (Hey, I had been looking for those!)

And at the very same moment I pulled out the raisins, I accidentally knocked over a can of green beans, which fell, with deadly accuracy, right on my bare middle and left middle toes. I cried out in pain and ignored the now whistling kettle in frantic search of something in which to put ice--we had no towels or anything handy. I finally went all around my apartment and came up with an old sock, which I filled with ice cubes and put on my poor toes, which now had a kind of bloody line on them from where the edge of the can had, through force of impact, broken the skin.
Ouch! Sounds rather painful. Get well.

donald949

Feb 4, 2013, 4:39 PM
Post #40443 of 45342 (3627 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

Yea, I with the roommate, Knot a good idea.

Gmburns2000

Feb 4, 2013, 4:46 PM
Post #40444 of 45342 (3619 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:
SylviaSmile wrote:

Yea, I with the roommate, Knot a good idea.

Lots of interesting things have happened when roommate have gone dancing. useless without pics

donald949

Feb 4, 2013, 4:48 PM
Post #40445 of 45342 (3617 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well my weekend was somewhat less exciting. Did just a few things around the house. A little cleaning up around the garage. Still have most of the Christmas containers to put up. Only trimed back the front yard tree a little. But its got a couple big branches that really need cutting out. Problem being is that they lean out over the street. Yea the previous owner didn't plant it in a good spot. Its also pretty much dead center over the sewer line. Crazy

donald949

Feb 4, 2013, 4:51 PM
Post #40446 of 45342 (3615 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Well my weekend was somewhat less exciting. Did just a few things around the house. A little cleaning up around the garage. Still have most of the Christmas containers to put up. Only trimed back the front yard tree a little. But its got a couple big branches that really need cutting out. Problem being is that they lean out over the street. Yea the previous owner didn't plant it in a good spot. Its also pretty much dead center over the sewer line. Crazy
Mostly I looked after our two sick kids. The middle won doing well and having way too high energy.

donald949

Feb 4, 2013, 4:53 PM
Post #40447 of 45342 (3613 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Mostly I looked after our two sick kids. The middle won doing well and having way too high energy.
Watched a little bit of the first half, and much of the second. nail biter at the end. Nieghbor is from bay area, and as the post season progressed he got more and more excited.

donald949

Feb 4, 2013, 4:54 PM
Post #40448 of 45342 (3611 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Watched a little bit of the first half, and much of the second. nail biter at the end. Nieghbor is from bay area, and as the post season progressed he got more and more excited.
The wife dug up some stretches and exercises for my back. looks pretty good. Started Sat night. should help.

donald949

Feb 4, 2013, 4:55 PM
Post #40449 of 45342 (3608 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Which leafs jess won thing

donald949

Feb 4, 2013, 4:55 PM
Post #40450 of 45342 (3606 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Pb4TPTFTW

First page Previous page 1 ... 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook