Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3871 3872 3873 3874 3875 3876 3877 3878 3879 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

snoopy138

Feb 4, 2013, 4:23 AM
Post #96851 of 105309 (6376 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
[spray]It actually feels like I am seeing the positive effects of the hangbored hell. More than one occasion I lunged for a hold that i thought was going to be too bad/small to stick, and every time I stuck it and thought, shit, I am actually holding on to it, and it doesn't feel that bad, even though it looks like it should be really bad and I shouldn't be able to hold on to it. The highlight was a deadpoint to crimpy one-pad undercling/sidepull, followed by cutting feet, repositioning them, and jumping blindly to another hold.

YEAH! I am starting to peak with the hangbored, too. There was a crimpy porbelm in the gym with a good landing, not left foot intensive at awl, so I ran up it. Feet cut whenever I was not campusing, and I just felt solid on all the crimps. I love the definite, easily quantifiable gains you make on the hangbored. We should start a website called hangboarding.com, for 100% hangbored tawk, all day every day!
Could you do that? I think I speak for all of us, but I feel like we would welcome a dedicated place for hangboreding discussion.

no shit.

Partner camhead

Feb 4, 2013, 4:23 AM
Post #96852 of 105309 (6373 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
Dammit, Lena, J teh boi facefriended drivel but knot me!

Also, boring gnus. Ice storm last night, not sure how the roads are. Driving to Atlanta today for some interviews, driving was cheaper than flying. I finally broke down and learned how to tie a tie yesterday, which I'd successfully avoided for the past few decades. Did you guys know that the first google autocomplete you get for "how do you..." is "tie a tie?"

that is awl.

Boston, Atlanta and DC? You're checking out all the climbing hotspots.

probibly has an interview lined up in chicago, two.
I hope he gets the Omaha jorb.

somebody at teh red was telling us about the tons of sick limestonez in iowa that nobody knows about/pays attention to ... might have been eastern iowa, though.

guys used to spritz about it on the knob years back. Probably your standard 35' riverbank crumbly limestone, but who knows. There's a few gems or Euro Vacations just about everywhere.

yeah, GG was quite skeptical, but the guy was adamant that it was the gratest shit ever. 75', sick overhanging, etc. who nose.
I don't remember any of this.

it was the guy talking to us at the Shire, over by KSB (the fun 10d with all the iron-pulling)

Oh yeah. I think I was happier not remember that conversation.

Seriously, was the guy bald, late 30s, with a cigarette rasp in his voice?

Kinetic Tony has done some Iowa developement. The rock looks decent. Not enough for a trip, but if I was ever taking a leisurely drive across I-80 I would check it out. Of course, everytime I'm driving through Iowa I have nothing on my mind but getting the fuck out of there.

I don't believe so.

So that rules out Troy, but not Tony. Tony wouldn't be acting like a gerk. In fact, he would be positively brimming with enthusiasm and offering to take you on a tour... Did the guy have any cliff bar signs on his gear? As in, ALL over his gear?

If not, then we just discovered that there is a 3rd guy who knows about the secret radness of Iowa limestone. Angelic

I think this guy was leading a group of gumbies who were lurving the Shire.

also accurate

Hey, you wouldn't have met a group of newbs who were lurving the Shire you you two weren't ALSO at the Shire.

Just saying...

yes, and it turned out that (a) it's on the way over to Amarillo and Samurai (one of the many gnu proj's I picked up that trip), and (b) that KSB rowt is a kickass warmup.

The n00b wall on the shire is not good warmup, though.

that was a gud day, actually ... KSB was fun, fell off towards the end of the left traverse on my onsite attempt of Amarillo, zent on try 2, took a beatdown figuring out the boulder porblem on samurai, then went across the valley and zent the Citizen's Arete (2nd try of the day, after hanging draws on try 1).

Citizens arête was Lena's mega proj earlier. I think it finally went down after a few years work.

well, I have a sneaking suspicion that she went off rowt in the middle and never actually zent.

Oh really? Well, keep your suspicions to yourself, unless you have photos to prove it!

this sounds a bit like a tacit admission.

Come to think of it, I did not see Lena's zend of Citizen's Arete. Asterisk!

snoopy138

Feb 4, 2013, 4:33 AM
Post #96853 of 105309 (6366 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Holy shit, CITIZENS OF BET!!! This is the most brilliant video I have seen since the California earthquake prediction.

Full story here:
http://slog.thestranger.com/...03/smash-smash-smash

Or, for the full effect, just watch the full footage of the homeless surfer who saved that poor woman's life:

http://www.youtube.com/...ed&v=ckfBGdZoR_0

It's moments like this that I love the internet. See Eye, you know this guy?

that is some gud shit. fucking fresno.

snoopy138

Feb 4, 2013, 4:34 AM
Post #96854 of 105309 (6364 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

will at least make kamhed werk if he's going to franchise

Partner camhead

Feb 4, 2013, 11:19 AM
Post #96855 of 105309 (6338 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
will at least make kamhed werk if he's going to franchise

Woops, missed that one. The bums will always lose.

lena_chita

Feb 4, 2013, 12:07 PM
Post #96856 of 105309 (6335 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:

Also, boring gnus. Ice storm last night, not sure how the roads are. Driving to Atlanta today for some interviews, driving was cheaper than flying. I finally broke down and learned how to tie a tie yesterday, which I'd successfully avoided for the past few decades. Did you guys know that the first google autocomplete you get for "how do you..." is "tie a tie?"

that is awl.

somebody at teh red was telling us about the tons of sick limestonez in iowa that nobody knows about/pays attention to ... might have been eastern iowa, though.

guys used to spritz about it on the knob years back. Probably your standard 35' riverbank crumbly limestone, but who knows. There's a few gems or Euro Vacations just about everywhere.

yeah, GG was quite skeptical, but the guy was adamant that it was the gratest shit ever. 75', sick overhanging, etc. who nose.

it was the guy talking to us at the Shire, over by KSB (the fun 10d with all the iron-pulling)

Kinetic Tony has done some Iowa developement. The rock looks decent. Not enough for a trip, but if I was ever taking a leisurely drive across I-80 I would check it out. Of course, everytime I'm driving through Iowa I have nothing on my mind but getting the fuck out of there.

I don't believe so.

So that rules out Troy, but not Tony. Tony wouldn't be acting like a gerk. In fact, he would be positively brimming with enthusiasm and offering to take you on a tour... Did the guy have any cliff bar signs on his gear? As in, ALL over his gear?

If not, then we just discovered that there is a 3rd guy who knows about the secret radness of Iowa limestone. Angelic

also accurate

Hey, you wouldn't have met a group of newbs who were lurving the Shire you you two weren't ALSO at the Shire.

Just saying...

yes, and it turned out that (a) it's on the way over to Amarillo and Samurai (one of the many gnu proj's I picked up that trip), and (b) that KSB rowt is a kickass warmup.

that was a gud day, actually ... KSB was fun, fell off towards the end of the left traverse on my onsite attempt of Amarillo, zent on try 2, took a beatdown figuring out the boulder porblem on samurai, then went across the valley and zent the Citizen's Arete (2nd try of the day, after hanging draws on try 1).

Citizens arête was Lena's mega proj earlier. I think it finally went down after a few years work.

well, I have a sneaking suspicion that she went off rowt in the middle and never actually zent.

Oh really? Well, keep your suspicions to yourself, unless you have photos to prove it!

No, it just sounds like your route-finding skills are lacking.

lena_chita

Feb 4, 2013, 12:09 PM
Post #96857 of 105309 (6334 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:

that is awl.

I don't believe so.

also accurate

Just saying...

Come to think of it, I did not see Lena's zend of Citizen's Arete. Asterisk!

That's right, you were too busy unsuccessfully drowning yourself under the guise of fishing for your dignity in the Gauley.

snoopy138

Feb 4, 2013, 5:59 PM
Post #96858 of 105309 (6314 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:

that is awl.

I don't believe so.

also accurate

Just saying...

No, it just sounds like your route-finding skills are lacking.

oh, word, I was just unable to find the appropriate set of holds to get around the corner to squat on a ledge.

dr_feelgood

Feb 5, 2013, 5:27 AM
Post #96859 of 105309 (6282 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Panic Mode, Commence!

snoopy138

Feb 5, 2013, 4:55 PM
Post #96860 of 105309 (6251 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
Panic Mode, Commence!

regarding yore teachings? or studies?

or the fact that this is the only post in the BET this morning?

lena_chita

Feb 5, 2013, 6:29 PM
Post #96861 of 105309 (6244 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Panic Mode, Commence!

I think all of those are panic-worthy.

As id the fact that i tried campusing last night, and I SUCK!!!!!

dr_feelgood

Feb 5, 2013, 7:17 PM
Post #96862 of 105309 (6238 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Panic Mode, Commence!

No, Yes, Yes. I was planning my life last night, and realized that shit just got real. I have five weeks to finish my thesis, study for my comps, and do other shit.

Partner cracklover

Feb 5, 2013, 7:17 PM
Post #96863 of 105309 (6237 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Panic Mode, Commence!

You starting campus board training? I sucked royally when I started. Made huge gains over two months. Well, actually most of the gains were in the first half of that. Anyway, lemme know if you want any suggestions for stuff to do as part of your routine.

GO

lena_chita

Feb 5, 2013, 7:41 PM
Post #96864 of 105309 (6231 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Panic Mode, Commence!

You starting campus board training? I sucked royally when I started. Made huge gains over two months. Well, actually most of the gains were in the first half of that. Anyway, lemme know if you want any suggestions for stuff to do as part of your routine.

GO

Yes, finished with hangboard, starting on campusing.

I would be curious to hear what you did/do, but my problem right now is not the lack of knowing all sorts of things i could do on a campus board. My problem is the inability to do most of them.

LOL, in deference to BET gerks, check your PM. I wouldn't want Doc to go shoot himself in the face...

on the second thought... yeah, I do. But check your PM anyway. Wink

granite_grrl

Feb 5, 2013, 8:19 PM
Post #96865 of 105309 (6222 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Panic Mode, Commence!

I'd feel worse for you if I could even dream of campusing, but I'm pretty weak sauce.

It seems every time I think I'm getting stronger I get on an old route and still have my ass handed to me by the same power move that gets me every time.

I did not do as well as I was hoping to going drytooling yesterday.

snoopy138

Feb 5, 2013, 8:42 PM
Post #96866 of 105309 (6214 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Panic Mode, Commence!

No, Yes, Yes. I was planning my life last night, and realized that shit just got real. I have five weeks to finish my thesis, study for my comps, and do other shit.

you should probibly go knock an ice pillar down on yourself.

dr_feelgood

Feb 5, 2013, 8:44 PM
Post #96867 of 105309 (6211 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Panic Mode, Commence!

It becomes more tempting by the hour

lena_chita

Feb 5, 2013, 8:53 PM
Post #96868 of 105309 (6207 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Panic Mode, Commence!

I'd feel worse for you if I could even dream of campusing, but I'm pretty weak sauce.

It seems every time I think I'm getting stronger I get on an old route and still have my ass handed to me by the same power move that gets me every time.

For the amount of campusingfalling that I did yesterday, I am unbelievably sore today.

And yeah, who knows if i actually get stronger (I *THINK* I am, by measures that I am tracking, but spring will tell), but if anything, the best thing about this training thing that i am currently doing is that it got me motivated to try hard and to do things that i actually plan on doing, instead of just hanging out wit ha bunch of gym friends and kinda-sorta climbing.

snoopy138

Feb 5, 2013, 8:56 PM
Post #96869 of 105309 (6207 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

belated weke end report ...

short saturday at malibu with teh 2xagent. for the first 2+ hours, we were the only people at the ghetto. warmed up, got on the project for the day, Hole Patrol ... did not onzend. worked out beta for the 7 feet of hard climbing, but forgot to figure out I was going to clip the draw at the crux. people started showing up, pretty much half of rockreation was there. 2nd try, was trying to move through the crux, forgetting to clip, when my foot slipped ... with t3h 2xAg getting picked up, I slowly settled onto the ground.

at this point, some of the cockroaches who had arrived started pointing out that the killer jug at the crux was no longer there ... swete. 3rd try, was able to get the clip without the missing jug (it's still a good undercling, but the feet kind of suck and its an awkward position. got the draw clipped, locked in the kneebar, and reached up to the hold. that was kind of it. rowt is definitely no harder than its rating.

a friend had put up a rope on ghetto blaster (he zent later that day) so I tried TRing it. it's still fucking hard.

snoopy138

Feb 5, 2013, 9:02 PM
Post #96870 of 105309 (6203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Panic Mode, Commence!

For the amount of campusingfalling that I did yesterday, I am unbelievably sore today.

And yeah, who knows if i actually get stronger (I *THINK* I am, by measures that I am tracking, but spring will tell), but if anything, the best thing about this training thing that i am currently doing is that it got me motivated to try hard and to do things that i actually plan on doing, instead of just hanging out wit ha bunch of gym friends and kinda-sorta climbing.

that pretty much describes my usual gym session

lena_chita

Feb 5, 2013, 9:06 PM
Post #96871 of 105309 (6200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Monkey see, Monkey do.

climbs4fun

Feb 5, 2013, 11:07 PM
Post #96872 of 105309 (6191 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Panic Mode, Commence!

It becomes more tempting by the hour

Pfft. That's so last year

climbs4fun

Feb 5, 2013, 11:11 PM
Post #96873 of 105309 (6188 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
Monkey see, Monkey do.

Tooo Cute!

climbs4fun

Feb 5, 2013, 11:25 PM
Post #96874 of 105309 (6182 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbs4fun] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Where is everybody? Slackers

climbs4fun

Feb 6, 2013, 12:27 AM
Post #96875 of 105309 (6173 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbs4fun] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoppy, you effing lurker... Entahtainz me now! NOW!

First page Previous page 1 ... 3871 3872 3873 3874 3875 3876 3877 3878 3879 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook