Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

rangerrob

Jul 31, 2011, 10:02 AM
Post #26 of 33 (7431 views)
Shortcut

Re: [alleyehave] are you a leader, a follower or a chicken [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Very profound Neitschze. You should give up climbing and write the sequel to "Thus Spoke Zarathustra"

cornstateclimber

Jul 31, 2011, 2:33 PM
Post #27 of 33 (7421 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadnsc] are you a leader, a follower or a chicken [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
superchuffer wrote:
i am a chicken and a haulbag.

I'm shaped like a haulbag. Wink

Im shaped more like the rope with a huge knot in the middle!

Nanook123

Feb 8, 2013, 12:09 AM
Post #28 of 33 (7189 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jacques] are you a leader, a follower or a chicken [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jacques wrote:
a leader is someone who like to be the center of the attraction. He want to lead the hardier pitch, protect the other climber, be in charge of the security.

In good teams, there always a leader and a follower. the follower is someone who back up the leader to avoid him to make mistake. He like to climb hard, but not necessary to be at the sharp end of the rope. He take his turn and his very strong.

For many years, trad climber think that a chicken is someone with no balls. He need bolt to be secure, belay anchor, etc. With sport climbing, this is not true anymore. Some people are very strong mentally and can sustain stress. but still: when you climb with someone and every think is perfect and he want to be hold tightly, critic you or always want to bail when we begin to have fun...he is a chicken.

so, did you have any experience of one or more of these three categories. for example, I climbed Mt washington in winter and my partner begin to be tired and afraid to climb at the mc donald at littleton the day before the climb.

At the opposite, I simul climb a 300 meters route in 45 minutes with a good leader without any stress.

any good story?

This is the essence of climbing in my opinion. Where is the outrage at the sport "climbers" who have tarnished the reputation of the sport along with tarnishing the routes with unslightly bolts.

WOLF_Larsen85

Feb 11, 2013, 4:43 AM
Post #29 of 33 (7103 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] are you a leader, a follower or a chicken [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
jacques wrote:
a leader is someone who like to be the center of the attraction. He want to lead the hardier pitch, protect the other climber, be in charge of the security.

In good teams, there always a leader and a follower. the follower is someone who back up the leader to avoid him to make mistake. He like to climb hard, but not necessary to be at the sharp end of the rope. He take his turn and his very strong.

For many years, trad climber think that a chicken is someone with no balls. He need bolt to be secure, belay anchor, etc. With sport climbing, this is not true anymore. Some people are very strong mentally and can sustain stress. but still: when you climb with someone and every think is perfect and he want to be hold tightly, critic you or always want to bail when we begin to have fun...he is a chicken.

so, did you have any experience of one or more of these three categories. for example, I climbed Mt washington in winter and my partner begin to be tired and afraid to climb at the mc donald at littleton the day before the climb.

At the opposite, I simul climb a 300 meters route in 45 minutes with a good leader without any stress.

any good story?

You really need to start citing Google Translate for your posts

That's just mean.

sknowlton

Feb 15, 2013, 2:30 PM
Post #30 of 33 (7023 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Nanook123] are you a leader, a follower or a chicken [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Nanook123 wrote:
jacques wrote:

any good story?

This is the essence of climbing in my opinion. Where is the outrage at the sport "climbers" who have tarnished the reputation of the sport along with tarnishing the routes with unslightly bolts.

Stainless steel, son. Stainless.

Kartessa

Feb 16, 2013, 5:06 AM
Post #31 of 33 (6984 views)
Shortcut

Re: [WOLF_Larsen85] are you a leader, a follower or a chicken [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

WOLF_Larsen85 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
jacques wrote:

any good story?

You really need to start citing Google Translate for your posts

That's just mean.

I was just trying to help out a fellow Canadian... you got something against Canadians?

amax

Apr 4, 2013, 8:33 PM
Post #32 of 33 (6686 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jacques] are you a leader, a follower or a chicken [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jacques wrote:
a leader is someone who like to be the center of the attraction.
If desire to be in the center of attraction is your primary motivation for leading trad, you are doing it for wrong reasons, son Tongue

billcoe_

Apr 2, 2014, 8:37 PM
Post #33 of 33 (6056 views)
Shortcut

Re: [amax] are you a leader, a follower or a chicken [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've been all 3. Sometimes even the same day on the same route. If I haven't been getting out, say early on in the season due to months and months of winter rain, or surgery - like now, I'm a balless chicken. I was out bouldering last week and that's how I felt. No bolts in sight.

Ball less Chicken, more like a Capon than a hen. Something like this:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Trad Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook