Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3901 3902 3903 3904 3905 3906 3907 3908 3909 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

snoopy138

Feb 22, 2013, 5:29 PM
Post #97601 of 105309 (5172 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

reverse PTFTW.

snoopy138

Feb 22, 2013, 5:29 PM
Post #97602 of 105309 (5170 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

whoo!

Partner camhead

Feb 22, 2013, 5:40 PM
Post #97603 of 105309 (5163 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:

The key to good spraying is NOT to get on anything hard (especially not in the presence of a known sprayer) because then you can freely talk about how hard you could climb, if you WERE climbing... Angelic Talk to Tony if you need lessons on that.

Seriously though, I don't know if the better approach is to jump on hard stuff right away, and see how it goes, or do what Shaun did, e.i. spend the first couple weekends (since I would be in PE stage at that point) getting a ton of mileage on easier stuff and slowly ramping up the difficulty.

Yeah, the key to preserving dignity is to either just do 11s and say that you are having an "easy" or "mileage" day, or to hangdog 13s and say that you are projecting. Once you get on 12s and fail, your true colors as a climber are out in the open.

You should do the Shaun thing of easing into it slowly, since that would be more conducive to my getting back into it, too. What are some 11+'s that you want to do? I've not done teh Gold Rush yet. Far from God is another one I'm wanting to get back into it with, though Shitty Grove is not gonna be super great at the beginning of the spring.

dr_feelgood

Feb 22, 2013, 6:02 PM
Post #97604 of 105309 (5156 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
no east coaster posts this morning?
It has been dead like camhed's jorb prospects in here for the past couple daze...

ha. kamhed should just go to law sk00l.

I may be unemployed, but at least I got the PhD without debt. Course, maybe if I had gone into a program that required me to go into debt, I would have a job now.

maybe. I think there are a fair number of loyerz out there without jorbs as well. and fun debts.

just have drivel get a jorb, conceiveadopt a kid or two, and be a house-husband?

We did consider this option several years ago. However, neither of us is really psyched on kids. Maybe a corgi...

[image]http://t.qkme.me/36e70c.jpg[/image]

AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Did you have a sex change when they took out your pin?

Only people with two X chromosomes are supposed to say AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW to cute doggie pictures.

Puppies, Motherfucker!
(i'm totally getting a bullmastiff this spring.)

lena_chita

Feb 22, 2013, 6:07 PM
Post #97605 of 105309 (5154 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

The key to good spraying is NOT to get on anything hard (especially not in the presence of a known sprayer) because then you can freely talk about how hard you could climb, if you WERE climbing... Angelic Talk to Tony if you need lessons on that.

Seriously though, I don't know if the better approach is to jump on hard stuff right away, and see how it goes, or do what Shaun did, e.i. spend the first couple weekends (since I would be in PE stage at that point) getting a ton of mileage on easier stuff and slowly ramping up the difficulty.

Yeah, the key to preserving dignity is to either just do 11s and say that you are having an "easy" or "mileage" day, or to hangdog 13s and say that you are projecting. Once you get on 12s and fail, your true colors as a climber are out in the open.

You should do the Shaun thing of easing into it slowly, since that would be more conducive to my getting back into it, too. What are some 11+'s that you want to do? I've not done teh Gold Rush yet. Far from God is another one I'm wanting to get back into it with, though Shitty Grove is not gonna be super great at the beginning of the spring.

I've done Gold Rush, and while I would be happy to do it again, I don't think it is gimpfoot friendly.

This is a list of 5.10-5.11s that I have not done at the Red. I would be psyched to go to any of the areas that have a bunch of them.

http://www.redriverclimbing.com/...xclude&Search=Go

lena_chita

Feb 22, 2013, 6:16 PM
Post #97606 of 105309 (5148 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
no east coaster posts this morning?
It has been dead like camhed's jorb prospects in here for the past couple daze...

ha. kamhed should just go to law sk00l.

I may be unemployed, but at least I got the PhD without debt. Course, maybe if I had gone into a program that required me to go into debt, I would have a job now.

maybe. I think there are a fair number of loyerz out there without jorbs as well. and fun debts.

just have drivel get a jorb, conceiveadopt a kid or two, and be a house-husband?

We did consider this option several years ago. However, neither of us is really psyched on kids. Maybe a corgi...

[image]http://t.qkme.me/36e70c.jpg[/image]

AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Did you have a sex change when they took out your pin?

Only people with two X chromosomes are supposed to say AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW to cute doggie pictures.

Puppies, Motherfucker!
(i'm totally getting a bullmastiff this spring.)

AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW!

Especially the middle one.

lena_chita

Feb 22, 2013, 6:20 PM
Post #97607 of 105309 (5146 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

I've done Gold Rush, and while I would be happy to do it again, I don't think it is gimpfoot friendly.

This is a list of 5.10-5.11s that I have not done at the Red. I would be psyched to go to any of the areas that have a bunch of them.

I have never been to Bear's Den, it would be cool to check it out. And the Global Village... never been there, either. Not sure how the hike is to Purple Valley, I've heard that it is beautiful in spring.

snoopy138

Feb 22, 2013, 6:36 PM
Post #97608 of 105309 (5140 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

that seems to just be a list of all the 10s and 11s?

since there are routes on there I know you've done. and some I know you haven't sent, like Citizen's Arete.

Partner camhead

Feb 22, 2013, 6:44 PM
Post #97609 of 105309 (5134 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Dude! We could go attempt BIAD (Bibliotech in a Day), that would be awesome!

Partner camhead

Feb 22, 2013, 6:46 PM
Post #97610 of 105309 (5132 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

I have never been to Bear's Den, it would be cool to check it out. And the Global Village... never been there, either. Not sure how the hike is to Purple Valley, I've heard that it is beautiful in spring.

Yeah, I think that Bears Den was site of the Manderson dramz. Purple Valley and Global Village could be cool, but I definitely want to steer clear of anything even close to vertical, both because of the footwork and the potential for ledge falls.

lena_chita

Feb 22, 2013, 7:19 PM
Post #97611 of 105309 (5125 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

since there are routes on there I know you've done. and some I know you haven't sent, like Citizen's Arete.

I can't believe that you are still so pissed about not onsighting Citizen's Arete that you keep bringing it up. If that's the best asterisk you can find on my record, you need to Try Harder.

Yes, it is just 10a-11d, bc we are talking about easing into it. try to keep up.
When I posted the link, I thought it was just to the climbs that I haven't sent, because I was able to hide sent route. but I guess the link was to the entire thing, and not to just unsent.

Yo u should be able to "hide sent". Or just ignore the giant green ticks

dr_feelgood

Feb 22, 2013, 7:24 PM
Post #97612 of 105309 (5122 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

I can't believe that you are still so pissed about not onsighting Citizen's Arete that you keep bringing it up. If that's the best asterisk you can find on my record, you need to Try Harder.

Yes, it is just 10a-11d, bc we are talking about easing into it. try to keep up.
When I posted the link, I thought it was just to the climbs that I haven't sent, because I was able to hide sent route. but I guess the link was to the entire thing, and not to just unsent.

Yo u should be able to "hide sent". Or just ignore the giant green ticks

The Butthurtz is strong with snoppy.

lena_chita

Feb 22, 2013, 7:24 PM
Post #97613 of 105309 (5121 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Yeah, I think that Bears Den was site of the Manderson dramz. Purple Valley and Global Village could be cool, but I definitely want to steer clear of anything even close to vertical, both because of the footwork and the potential for ledge falls.

Yeah, hitting the wall will be bad for you, Definitely should stick to overhanging jughauls. I'll go to Purple Valley or Global willagw with my 5.10 pal, while you are having fun bheying in sunshine

caughtinside

Feb 22, 2013, 7:46 PM
Post #97614 of 105309 (5117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Campusing yesterday went pretty well. The improvements are smaller now than after the first few workouts, but i still see improvement, I think this is hte last week of campusing though. 2-3 more workouts, tops, and then I start PE in earnest. Tried playing add-on yesterday with couple guys, and felt pretty good. As in, they were both pumped out of their minds, and I felt that it was a good warm-up before campushing.

Fuck! If this keeps up, Lena will have ousted me from the hard climber biggest sprayer in the BET position. Though I am only about a half inch away from doing a one-armed pullup.

But sirius, that is awesome how you are improving. Can't wait to see how your season shapes up. Maybe get on something like Jeebus Wept?

you actually have to send something besides a campus rung or a hangbored to have it count as spray.

lena_chita

Feb 22, 2013, 7:50 PM
Post #97615 of 105309 (5111 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Campusing yesterday went pretty well. The improvements are smaller now than after the first few workouts, but i still see improvement, I think this is hte last week of campusing though. 2-3 more workouts, tops, and then I start PE in earnest. Tried playing add-on yesterday with couple guys, and felt pretty good. As in, they were both pumped out of their minds, and I felt that it was a good warm-up before campushing.

Fuck! If this keeps up, Lena will have ousted me from the hard climber biggest sprayer in the BET position. Though I am only about a half inch away from doing a one-armed pullup.

But sirius, that is awesome how you are improving. Can't wait to see how your season shapes up. Maybe get on something like Jeebus Wept?

you actually have to send something besides a campus rung or a hangbored to have it count as spray.

You are so 2012!

caughtinside

Feb 22, 2013, 7:59 PM
Post #97616 of 105309 (5108 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

You are so 2012!

No way. My 2013 5.12 redpoints are already triple my 2012 number. Now that is spray.

lena_chita

Feb 22, 2013, 8:12 PM
Post #97617 of 105309 (5105 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

You are so 2012!

No way. My 2013 5.12 redpoints are already triple my 2012 number. Now that is spray.

Well, since I have no hangbored campusing records prior to 2013, my 2013 results divided by zero infinitely tramp your "triple" numbers.

For those who haven't see it on facespace, here's a link.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/...ored-your-motherland

John Stewart doesn't seem to understand Mother Russia very well. or he wouldn't be so surprised. Crazy

And editing is weke.

(This post was edited by lena_chita on Feb 22, 2013, 8:13 PM)

snoopy138

Feb 22, 2013, 8:23 PM
Post #97618 of 105309 (5099 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

You should be able to "hide sent". Or just ignore the giant green ticks

I think I'd have to be logged in as you to hide the routes that you've sent. And I know it was a list of 10a-11d, I was kept up just fine.

snoopy138

Feb 22, 2013, 8:24 PM
Post #97619 of 105309 (5097 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

not true. that hangboreding shit is filled with spray, it just doesn't mean anything.

snoopy138

Feb 22, 2013, 8:24 PM
Post #97620 of 105309 (5094 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

You are so 2012!

3 vs. 1?

Partner camhead

Feb 22, 2013, 9:11 PM
Post #97621 of 105309 (5087 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

You are so 2012!

My 2013 5.14 redpoints is triple my 2012 5.14 redpoints, maybe even quadruple. I love math!

Partner camhead

Feb 22, 2013, 9:13 PM
Post #97622 of 105309 (5087 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

not true. that hangboreding shit is filled with spray, it just doesn't mean anything.

True, spraying to climbers about hangboreding is like spraying to non-climbers about climbing. Nobody carez.

Partner camhead

Feb 22, 2013, 9:17 PM
Post #97623 of 105309 (5085 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Doc! Was it ewe who kept refering to Teddy Roosevelt's predecessor at President Denali? I've started doing that in my classes. Comfruses the hell out of my students.

Partner camhead

Post #97624 of 105309 (5085 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well, in for the penny...

Partner camhead

Post #97625 of 105309 (5083 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

in for the pound.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3901 3902 3903 3904 3905 3906 3907 3908 3909 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook