Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

TheShyTed

Feb 22, 2013, 8:43 PM
Post #26 of 61 (6361 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] Belay [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Sorry - i didnt realise i was responding to the wrong person. I havent used an online forum. I posted a simple question asking for product feedback and I honestly didnt even expect any one would reply. I didnt bargain at being abused for being injured ('people who need belay glasses are responsible for pussification of the sport') and thereafter being further abused with misogynistic comments - which I find very offensive. I know now these comments didn't come from you and thus I apologise for having used the wrong name to respond.

As for plugging a brand - I have no affiliation with any brand and I borrowed a pair to use of the CU's from another climber. I didnt even know there was multiple brands until after seeing the first advertised and then seeing someone at the crag. So i don't know what you are driving at with that.

As for removing myself - gladly - because I don't speak to people in the manner people speak on here - its really upsetting to have people say such nasty things for no reason further to a simple enquiry. I dont want to be involved with this. I dont have energy or inclination for fighting in chat rooms. Whats the point. I know some people thrive of this type of interaction judging by the thousands of previous (mostly even more nasty) comments.

SO - PLEASE TELL ME HOW I CAN TURN OFF EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS - THANKS. I CANNOT FIND ANY OPTION TO DO THIS.

(This post was edited by TheShyTed on Feb 22, 2013, 8:50 PM)

bearbreeder

Feb 22, 2013, 9:00 PM
Post #27 of 61 (6345 views)
Shortcut

Re: [TheShyTed] Belay [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

why how RUDE everyone is on this thread ... over a pair of glasses ...

can't blame me for that one Wink

bottom line ... wear em if you want, dont wear em if you dont want ... its not going to kill you ...

everyone is a pussy at one point or another when climbing Tongue

JimTitt

Feb 22, 2013, 9:01 PM
Post #28 of 61 (6340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

If you donīt post you wonīt get a reply or a notification.

JimTitt

Feb 22, 2013, 9:02 PM
Post #29 of 61 (6339 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

See, it worked. You posted and got a reply.

csproul

Feb 22, 2013, 10:27 PM
Post #30 of 61 (6316 views)
Shortcut

Re: [socalclimber] Belay [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

socalclimber wrote:
Belay glassesCrazy

Good god, climbing is hitting the toilet far faster than I feared. Now we're in the septic tank.

I know, look at this "pussy". I think you might know who that is.

He didn't like them either:
http://www.supertopo.com/...CU-Belay-Glasses-wow

socalclimber

Feb 22, 2013, 10:34 PM
Post #31 of 61 (6313 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bearbreeder] Belay [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bearbreeder wrote:
why how RUDE everyone is on this thread ... over a pair of glasses ...

can't blame me for that one Wink

bottom line ... wear em if you want, dont wear em if you dont want ... its not going to kill you ...

everyone is a pussy at one point or another when climbing Tongue

I promise you I've had my fair share of moments...

socalclimber

Feb 22, 2013, 10:57 PM
Post #32 of 61 (6306 views)
Shortcut

Re: [csproul] Belay [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

csproul wrote:
socalclimber wrote:
Belay glassesCrazy

Good god, climbing is hitting the toilet far faster than I feared. Now we're in the septic tank.

[image]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/johnbachar/BelayGlassesWeb.jpg[/image]

It's amazing what part of sponsored climber you people seem to completely not understand.Shocked

Please continue to be distracted by shiny objects.

(This post was edited by socalclimber on Feb 22, 2013, 10:59 PM)

csproul

Feb 22, 2013, 11:58 PM
Post #33 of 61 (6292 views)
Shortcut

Re: [socalclimber] Belay [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

socalclimber wrote:
csproul wrote:
socalclimber wrote:
Belay glassesCrazy

[image]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/johnbachar/BelayGlassesWeb.jpg[/image]

It's amazing what part of sponsored climber you people seem to completely not understand.Shocked

Please continue to be distracted by shiny objects.
So Bachar was paid by CU? Sure is funny that a paid sponsored climber would only have their review on a Supertopo page, and that even the review on CU's website is a screenshot of that Supertopo page. It's really amazing what part of misogynistic asshole you don't understand. Please continue to be distracted by your own ego.

(This post was edited by csproul on Feb 23, 2013, 12:03 AM)

moose_droppings

Feb 23, 2013, 1:18 AM
Post #34 of 61 (6266 views)
Shortcut

Re: [csproul] Belay [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

csproul wrote:

Bachar has got em on upside down, he was just checking out his toe nails before tossing them.

BillyCrook

Feb 23, 2013, 1:44 AM
Post #35 of 61 (6258 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bearbreeder] Belay [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bearbreeder wrote:

It doesn't sound smart to keep large chunks of glass directly in-front of your eyes though. Glasses are bad enough. I much prefer soft contacts.

bearbreeder

Feb 23, 2013, 2:26 AM
Post #36 of 61 (6249 views)
Shortcut

Re: [BillyCrook] Belay [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

BillyCrook wrote:

It doesn't sound smart to keep large chunks of glass directly in-front of your eyes though. Glasses are bad enough. I much prefer soft contacts.

its not like yr going to be doing anything stupid with em ... it wont kill you, except on RC (wow how rude!Wink)

youre much ore likely to have problems with the windshield in yr car getting in your eyes in an accident than any belay glasses

its a problem only on RC

Tongue

notapplicable

Feb 23, 2013, 6:03 PM
Post #37 of 61 (6204 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

TheShyTed wrote:
Sorry - i didnt realise i was responding to the wrong person. I havent used an online forum. I posted a simple question asking for product feedback and I honestly didnt even expect any one would reply. I didnt bargain at being abused for being injured ('people who need belay glasses are responsible for pussification of the sport') and thereafter being further abused with misogynistic comments - which I find very offensive. I know now these comments didn't come from you and thus I apologise for having used the wrong name to respond.

As for plugging a brand - I have no affiliation with any brand and I borrowed a pair to use of the CU's from another climber. I didnt even know there was multiple brands until after seeing the first advertised and then seeing someone at the crag. So i don't know what you are driving at with that.

As for removing myself - gladly - because I don't speak to people in the manner people speak on here - its really upsetting to have people say such nasty things for no reason further to a simple enquiry. I dont want to be involved with this. I dont have energy or inclination for fighting in chat rooms. Whats the point. I know some people thrive of this type of interaction judging by the thousands of previous (mostly even more nasty) comments.

SO - PLEASE TELL ME HOW I CAN TURN OFF EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS - THANKS. I CANNOT FIND ANY OPTION TO DO THIS.

I think I just found a fun, new way to inflate my PC

notapplicable

Feb 23, 2013, 6:04 PM
Post #38 of 61 (6202 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I wonder how many days in a row Ted will need to find a "notapplicable has replied to your post..." notification before his head explodes.

Day 1

TheShyTed

Feb 23, 2013, 6:09 PM
Post #39 of 61 (6198 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Belay [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
I wonder how many days in a row Ted will need to find a "notapplicable has replied to your post..." notification before his head explodes.

Day 1
Ask around who the young female lawyer is climbing in san diego. Then you will know who I am. Or just harass me through the internet and wait for my writ. I am already quite interested in the fact that I cannot unsubscribe from this forum and I have to be subjected to language that is highly discriminatory.

bearbreeder

Feb 23, 2013, 6:42 PM
Post #40 of 61 (6195 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I would say we got a live one!

But that would be plain RUDE Wink

JimTitt

Feb 23, 2013, 7:20 PM
Post #41 of 61 (6183 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

TheShyTed wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

Day 1
Ask around who the young female lawyer is climbing in san diego. Then you will know who I am. Or just harass me through the internet and wait for my writ. I am already quite interested in the fact that I cannot unsubscribe from this forum and I have to be subjected to language that is highly discriminatory.

You agreed to the terms and conditions when you signed up. "The user specifically acknowledges that Rockclimbing.com is not liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other the users or third-parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with the user."

And yes, itīs like Facebook, the Catholic Church, the Freemasons and Hotel California;- "You can check-out any time you like, But you can never leave! "

notapplicable

Feb 23, 2013, 7:28 PM
Post #42 of 61 (6175 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

TheShyTed wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

Day 1

1. Your username is Ted, so don't get all excited because I thought you were a dudebro.

2. For a lawyer, you're grammar is particularly appalling. Was that an online degree you received?

3. This is the second time I have been threatened with legal action by another user on this site. I'm trying to decide if I should just be proud or ecstatically so.

TheShyTed

Feb 23, 2013, 7:36 PM
Post #43 of 61 (6171 views)
Shortcut

Re: [JimTitt] Belay [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

JimTitt wrote:
TheShyTed wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

Day 1

You agreed to the terms and conditions when you signed up. "The user specifically acknowledges that Rockclimbing.com is not liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other the users or third-parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with the user."

And yes, itīs like Facebook, the Catholic Church, the Freemasons and Hotel California;- "You can check-out any time you like, But you can never leave! "

Yes, rockclimbing.com will not be liable - the user is liable for their action. There is no anonymity for the user by hiding behind the website.

jt512

Feb 23, 2013, 7:41 PM
Post #44 of 61 (6165 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

TheShyTed wrote:
Ask around who the young female lawyer is climbing in san diego. Then you will know who I am. .

Are you the lawyer or the one she is climbing?

Jay

Gmburns2000

Feb 23, 2013, 7:49 PM
Post #45 of 61 (6159 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

TheShyTed wrote:
JimTitt wrote:
TheShyTed wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

Day 1

Yes, rockclimbing.com will not be liable - the user is liable for their action. There is no anonymity for the user by hiding behind the website.

considering there is a way to not receive notifications, and considering how easy it is to do so, I'm going to go ahead and laugh when the judge hears your excuse.

notapplicable

Feb 23, 2013, 7:49 PM
Post #46 of 61 (6157 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

TheShyTed wrote:
JimTitt wrote:
TheShyTed wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

Day 1

Shoot me a PM if you want my contact info. I'd be happy to fly out there and watch you get laughed out of court. Should only take a few minutes and then I can head to J Tree for the rest of the week. I've always wanted to take a trip there.

notapplicable

Feb 23, 2013, 7:50 PM
Post #47 of 61 (6154 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Belay [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
TheShyTed wrote:
JimTitt wrote:
TheShyTed wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

Day 1

considering there is a way to not receive notifications, and considering how easy it is to do so, I'm going to go ahead and laugh when the judge hears your excuse.

Pirate

Gmburns2000

Feb 23, 2013, 8:03 PM
Post #48 of 61 (6144 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
TheShyTed wrote:
JimTitt wrote:
TheShyTed wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

Day 1

Pirate

amateurs

TheShyTed

Feb 23, 2013, 8:16 PM
Post #49 of 61 (6138 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
TheShyTed wrote:
JimTitt wrote:
TheShyTed wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

Day 1

Pirate

Worked it out - thanks for the heads up. I no longer have to be subjected to stupid email pings.

Please - slag me for all you are worth. I offer up my profile particularly for this purpose. If iife is too hard for you and the bitterness is overflowing, if you cant get outside, if you are chained to you pc and have to read this thread for want of something better to do, - write a nasty comment below to purge yourself and make yourself feel better.

I can see that some people have spent hundreds of hours on this site writing thousands of comments - (what a complete and utter waste of time and energy) but keep going. On your deathbed you can look back and see how all the time spent online, chatting the brown, brought fulfilment and success.

All my love.

mwahh x x

notapplicable

Feb 23, 2013, 9:04 PM
Post #50 of 61 (6120 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

TheShyTed wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
TheShyTed wrote:
JimTitt wrote:
TheShyTed wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

Day 1

Pirate

Worked it out - thanks for the heads up. I no longer have to be subjected to stupid email pings.

Please - slag me for all you are worth. I offer up my profile particularly for this purpose. If iife is too hard for you and the bitterness is overflowing, if you cant get outside, if you are chained to you pc and have to read this thread for want of something better to do, - write a nasty comment below to purge yourself and make yourself feel better.

I can see that some people have spent hundreds of hours on this site writing thousands of comments - (what a complete and utter waste of time and energy) but keep going. On your deathbed you can look back and see how all the time spent online, chatting the brown, brought fulfilment and success.

All my love.

mwahh x x

Archived

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook