Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Bathroom Logistics
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

Sanguma

Feb 23, 2013, 4:08 PM
Post #1 of 1 (482 views)
Shortcut

Bathroom Logistics  (North_America: United_States: Pennsylvania: Northeastern_Region: Delaware_Water_Gap__Mt__Minsi_)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

It was great last year seeing so many new faces at the Gap. There were a few weekends where it was tough to find a parking spot near the Cold Air Cave! Whoever thought that'd happen in the Gap? Unfortunately there's always some "bad" that comes along with crowds. One day, after climbing High Falls, I rapped down to the base of the Lemonade corner. It was like rappelling into a cess pool - toilet paper everywhere! I was afraid of what I was stepping in and what I was dragging my ropes through. That much waste could've only come from one of the big groups using the Practice Face. So, I guess this is just a reminder to everyone - don't mess up the base of the cliff!!! There's just no need for it. People climb/rap along almost every inch of the cliff, so if you have to take care of business walk downhill and dig a proper hole, or pack it out, or better yet - stop at the PA Welcome center on the way in.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook