Forums: Community: The Soap Box:
What you won't see much of in the media...
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Soap Box

Premier Sponsor:

pinktricam

Feb 25, 2013, 12:59 AM
Post #1 of 12 (1353 views)
Shortcut

What you won't see much of in the media...
Report this Post
Can't Post

Muslim accused of beheading 2 Christians in U.S.

chadnsc

Feb 25, 2013, 6:02 AM
Post #2 of 12 (1335 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pinktricam] What you won't see much of in the media... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

True.

There is a lot of things you won't see in the media that occur every day here in the U.S.

Gun violence
Hunger
Homelessness
Environmental disasters
Racism
Religious persecution

Selfless acts
Kindness
Charity
Tolerance

That's why it's better; in my humble opinion; to get out in the world and experience the good and bad in person rather than waiting to read about it on the internet.

Kartessa

Feb 25, 2013, 8:41 AM
Post #3 of 12 (1315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't see what the individuals' religion has to do with the crime... other than bigots like to use it to fuel more racism.

lena_chita

Feb 25, 2013, 9:08 AM
Post #4 of 12 (1310 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wasn't there a story a couple years back, when a pastor attacked two gay guys, beat them up, or something, to keep them from entering the church?

I don't recall that being discussed in the media much, either.

Lots of things don't get discussed in the media.

Partner happiegrrrl

Feb 25, 2013, 5:16 PM
Post #5 of 12 (1277 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] What you won't see much of in the media... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Oy veh... If every murder was presented by major media sources, there'd be no room for commercials or advertisements.

As a woman, I cringe when I do see stories of women beaten, tortured, murdered by men. But I would not expect these stories to be carried by a majority of news media.

I think it might be similar in this case - understandable that PTC would take note, being a Christian and at least trolling as a racist. But to expect a story which consists pretty much of conjecture to be picked up nationally? That's bot realistic. The reporter didn't even appear to have attempted to interview anyone. They simply lifted information from the crime report and slanted it as a religious ritual killing. It could have been anything - business deal gone bad, sex triangle, retribution after having his son beaten by the two he killed, with them having explaimed the beating was due to his being a "dirty Muslim" or what have you...who knows!?

As an ex-New Yorker, I tended to notice stories about crazy violence being perpetrated in NYC - like the one last year where a guy in the Empire State Building killed a coworker, and the cops gunned him down on the street, hitting several bystanders in the process. That one did go national, though.

pinktricam

Feb 25, 2013, 8:07 PM
Post #6 of 12 (1263 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] What you won't see much of in the media... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You can bet it'd go national if the story had been about a "christian" beheading couple of muslims.

dr_feelgood

Feb 25, 2013, 8:30 PM
Post #7 of 12 (1256 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
You can bet it'd go national if the story had been about a "christian" beheading couple of muslims.
The liberal media just hired a bunch of UN Muslims to take your guns away and put you in a FEMA camp, where you will be subject to testing on Chemtrails.

Better kill yourself before they get you.

Kartessa

Feb 26, 2013, 6:38 AM
Post #8 of 12 (1238 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] What you won't see much of in the media... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
As a woman, I cringe when I do see stories of women beaten, tortured, murdered by men. But I would not expect these stories to be carried by a majority of news media.

Same, except I dont think you assume that every man you see is a sadistic rapist pedophile, the way that PTC assumes that ever brown person is a Muslim extremist hell bent on killing Christians.

(This post was edited by Kartessa on Feb 26, 2013, 6:39 AM)

Partner happiegrrrl

Feb 26, 2013, 6:52 AM
Post #9 of 12 (1234 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] What you won't see much of in the media... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Same, except I dont think you assume that every man you see is a sadistic rapist pedophile,...

This is true.

Partner happiegrrrl

Feb 26, 2013, 7:06 AM
Post #10 of 12 (1227 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:

PTC - As I said, though the news story has slanted this particular story as being a religious killing, it is conjecture.

I have to believe that if the police report had stated any evidence POINTING to it being a religious killing, the "christian" reporter of the story would have included it in his story.

That he cites a passage from the Quaran as suggestive of "evidence" is pretty ridiculous. Was that passage written on a note and buried with the bodies? THAT would be an indication.

This happened in a pretty populous region, if I recall correctly. A place where a person can just drag not one but two, bodies to the back of a truck and drive out to a deserted place to dump them. Not to be gross, but it seems a lot of murderers do tend to dismember bodies around there as it aids in transport logistics.

It is terrible that two people were murdered, regardless of whether they were "good Christians." Nobody deserves to die that way.

It is also terrible that a person is capable of killing people, regardless of their religious upbringing.

But unfortunately, for your purposes, this guy just didn't make a splashy enough job of it for major news media to consider it a story they could slot. Maybe because they knew the "Muslim/Christian angle was too weak to use.

If even FOX News didn't carry the story, you have to assume the reporter of this story is going beyond a stretch in making the connection. For all we know - and it would not surprise me, seeing the style used in that story - the reporter completely neglected to include parts of the crime report that might have indicated a motive OTHER than being religion-based.

Kartessa

Feb 26, 2013, 7:19 AM
Post #11 of 12 (1223 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just went on the main page of wnd.com... you read some fucked up shit dude, no wonder your mother never held you as a child.

justroberto

Feb 27, 2013, 7:33 PM
Post #12 of 12 (1179 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] What you won't see much of in the media... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
happiegrrrl wrote:

Same, except I dont think you assume that every man you see is a sadistic rapist pedophile, the way that PTC assumes that ever brown person is a Muslim extremist hell bent on killing Christians.

No, he thinks some of them are gardeners.

Forums : Community : The Soap Box

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook