RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

scienceguy288

Feb 26, 2013, 3:48 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1010 views)
Shortcut

Sizing softshell jackets
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey all,

So after tons of deliberation, I finally purchased the Marmot ROM. I am very pleased with the jacket itself, but am finding that the sizing may be a bit wonky. I first tried on a small (grey in the photo album linked below). It was tight in the chest, waist, and elbows when I put on more than one layer. Also, I noted that when I lifted my arms up, it exposed my belly (which I find less than ideal). So, I decided to return that one and size up to the medium (green in the photos). However, now that I am trying on the medium, it seems a tad loose and baggy. Is this level of bagginess a big deal and should I find something a bit more close fitting, or am I just picking nits at this point.

Here's the link to the album: http://imgur.com/a/fOzLI

Thanks,

PS. I will be using it for climbing and mountaineering during the late fall, winter, and early spring (in the case that impacts anything).

petsfed

Feb 26, 2013, 6:15 PM
Post #2 of 3 (988 views)
Shortcut

Re: [scienceguy288] Sizing softshell jackets [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

If you're married to the ROM, you're gonna have to pick trunk coverage or room to layer.

It sounds to me like Marmot does not build that jacket to fit your body type. Try on a bunch more brands, and if you still can't make something work, consider a custom built jacket from e.g. Beyond Fleece.

jjanowia

Feb 27, 2013, 3:25 AM
Post #3 of 3 (935 views)
Shortcut

Re: [scienceguy288] Sizing softshell jackets [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Are you someone who is slender in the torso but with relatively broad shoulders? If so, look at Arcteryx athletic cut stuff you might have better luck.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$19.76 (10% off)

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook