RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

b0uld3r3r

Feb 23, 2013, 7:25 AM
Post #1 of 3 (2384 views)
Shortcut

Please help on Evolve Shaman LV sizing
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am from Malaysia and a happy owner of a pair of Shamans in US9 Male.
However, I have low volume feet and would love to get myself a pair of Shaman LVs.

The only climbing shop in Malaysia (Camp5) that sells Evolvs do not have the Shaman LV. Thus I am getting my Singaporean friend to buy them for me in Singapore.

Thus I would like some help to determine the size of Shaman LV that I should get (equivalent to US9 Male in length).

I have sent an email to services@evolvsports.com 3 days ago with no replies.

SE_climber

Feb 25, 2013, 3:32 AM
Post #2 of 3 (2258 views)
Shortcut

Re: [b0uld3r3r] Please help on Evolve Shaman LV sizing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

How aggressive do you want the fit? I read a few reviews over at backcountry.com that suggested going with street shoe size or a half size up.

I was able to try on the shoes in a store before I bought them. I tried on my street shoe size and there was too much air in the heel for my liking. I sized down a half size and they were uncomfortable at first, but they've loosened up nicely and are really quite comfortable.

I haven't tried this, but in theory if you are wearing a US men's 9 in the regular shamans (and are happy with that length), a US women's 10 in the shaman LV should be the same length-wise, but feel tighter around the foot.

TaoistSage

Feb 28, 2013, 12:14 AM
Post #3 of 3 (2158 views)
Shortcut

Re: [b0uld3r3r] Please help on Evolve Shaman LV sizing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I had the same problem. I have very thin low volume feet and decided to go with the Shaman LV as well. I generally wear a 9 as you do in my other shoes I've worn. However being women's I went with a 10.5 and they fit perfectly. There is a little gap in the arch of the foot that created suction but with a pair of super thin socks the problem was resolved. With the 10.5 my big toe doesn't completely fit the "toe box" the way its supposed to. The 10.5 is very form fitting on me and doubt I could possibly fit into a size 10 in Shaman LV but an 11 would feel a little big. If you want something tight and aggressive go with 10.5. If you want something a little more comfortable and with an all day feel go with the 11 (if you can find them in that size but thats a hard size to find)

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook