Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3912 3913 3914 3915 3916 3917 3918 3919 3920 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

tripperjm

Mar 2, 2013, 12:56 AM
Post #97876 of 105309 (6205 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
Went to gym last night. The hangboarding is winding up, since I most definitely peaked (at 50 lbs, WOO!) last week. Now would be the time to jump on the campus board, but it's just too risky. The worst thing to do would be to fall, and land directly on the bottom of the left foot.

Teh gimpfoot is still in an aircast, but I am walking around a bit, and have moved toward doing some actual climbing. Can't do any toeing in with the aircast, since that would put a lot of strain on the Lispaul joint. So, mostly, I am sticking to really steep stuff that I just climb with one foot ('m using the Arrowhead that Jack sent me last year for my right foot).

Feeling really good actually. I set several porbelms that suit the one footedness, and I even have a bit of power in me, and can deadpoint, dyno, deep cross over to pretty small holds. Feet cut a lot, but I'm feeling really strong on the crimps and even some slopey pinches. Also getting good at falling onto my back, instead of my feet.

The one problem is that, since my feet cut every few moves as I try to reset the right foot, I REALLY get worn out fast. So, volume is suffering. I'm just hoping that will build up my endurance enough that I will feel stronger and better endurance as soon as I can use both feet.

May try to re-prodge Apollo Reed this spring, since it has very few hard left foot moves. That would be awesome.

Nice! I can't imagine that putting climbing shoes on the gimpfoot will be pleasant for quite some time, so are you planning to climb in approach shoe on the gimpfoot, once the aircast is off, or are you going to try the climbing shoes?

And btw, don't forget, there is spring season at the RED, and you have committed to it.

Hmm, spring season at the Red... hard to say, Lena, hard to say.

I'm not sure how putting climbing shoes on it going to be. I'm optimistic about it after we pull the pins (and count to three?) in early March. I have a few old shoes that are a bit bigger and stiffer that I can start on, and even the Arrowheads are about 1/2 size big for me, so will probably get a great getting-back-into-it boot for the steeps.

Feeling cautiously optimistic, though. Probably not gonna be a great Endless Wall season, but I think steep sport will be good. Due to the nature of the injury, I'll probably be doing as much heelhooking as possible with the left.

I asked the Doc about climbing, and he clearly did not get how shoes work, since he said that he could give me a metal shank to put inside the shoes for more support.

LOL, metal shank for inside of the climbing shoes!

Still, may not be so off. Didn't Gail get carbon inserts into her climbing shoes after her toe surgery? Obviously, completely different injury, but...

Brian gave me a pair of lave up stiff shoes a size too big when I was ready to try climbing again. And another pair two sizes too big. I was very happy to have both. My feet swelled something fierce.

The dog?

Can he hook me up with some free shooz? Angelic

Speaking of the dog, Mo has been pretty quiet lately. I think that Brian may have flatrocked her after hearing about her meatbombzing the Lesburu?

Patty would have rolled right over that pesky median.
You're right, patty would have taken it like a champ.

End damage: new rim, 4 new tires (which is the bullshit of AWD I guess since the other three were FINE and had 30k left in them) new alignment, some other random shit... $1000. Yup, a $1k flat tire.

I was actually kind of shocked with Brian's response- I grew up in a house where poppa biner would get all red and yelly if someone (even himself) dropped a glass, let alone launched a car into a curb. Brian was just 'don't be sorry, it's ok, these things happen. Here, let me change the tire for you in three minutes flat' and THEN proceeds to spend the whole next day dealing with getting it fixed.

Momma sez he's a keepah.

Holy crap, I didn't know you had to get 4 new tires for exploding one. I would be tempted to ignore that.

The curse of the Subaru. They won't sell you just one. If you can bat your eyelashes well enough and the dude selling them is feeling nice, they MIGHT sell you two. But almost always they will make you buy all 4. Basterds.

This is complete misinformashonz!

If you go to a service station run by Russian mafiamechanic, they will replace one, and only one. Unless you ask for more. They will also get you parts from the "junkyard", instead of new ones, if you want. (And dispose of any bodies they find in your car, in case you accidentally left them there, but that is, of course, not relevant to anyone here, and is only a hearsay, anyway.)
Yes, NEVER go to the dealership for maintenance. Ever.

heh, the mechanic I go to actually is russian. no mafia ties that I am aware of.

whatevah. I'll bet yore mechanic is no more than 2 degrees separated from the goons who keep hacking Jack's laptop.

it's awlways teh fuking russians.

I has to finger that snoppys mechanic's sister is teh won distracting me by taking oft her clothes while her boyfriend tries to steal my banking info.

Partner epoch

Mar 2, 2013, 12:57 AM
Post #97877 of 105309 (6205 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
epoch wrote:
Both toenails on the big toes of my feet are coming off. My knee is wrapped and in intense pain whenever I move it or walk. Vitamin I has little effect on the reduction of pain. There isn't swelling. I've been pushing it hard for the past few weeks. Lost some weight got some training in.

I wrecked myself. I tried to take it easy this week, but that didn't work. Over use injury on my already crippled right knee. I've got bone-on-bone in half of it and it's telling me I've gone tuphar.

Falling apart, are you?

I am sore as hell after starting PE and over-enthusiastically climbing 3 days in a row.
In the effort to lose blort and and maybe find some of my long lost dignity I started training. I got a bit too ambitious last week and am feeling the effects now. I'm going to be sequestered to the stationary bike and low-impact training. From the sounds of it, we're all starting to fall apart...

tripperjm

Mar 2, 2013, 1:00 AM
Post #97878 of 105309 (6204 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
Went to gym last night. The hangboarding is winding up, since I most definitely peaked (at 50 lbs, WOO!) last week. Now would be the time to jump on the campus board, but it's just too risky. The worst thing to do would be to fall, and land directly on the bottom of the left foot.

Teh gimpfoot is still in an aircast, but I am walking around a bit, and have moved toward doing some actual climbing. Can't do any toeing in with the aircast, since that would put a lot of strain on the Lispaul joint. So, mostly, I am sticking to really steep stuff that I just climb with one foot ('m using the Arrowhead that Jack sent me last year for my right foot).

Feeling really good actually. I set several porbelms that suit the one footedness, and I even have a bit of power in me, and can deadpoint, dyno, deep cross over to pretty small holds. Feet cut a lot, but I'm feeling really strong on the crimps and even some slopey pinches. Also getting good at falling onto my back, instead of my feet.

The one problem is that, since my feet cut every few moves as I try to reset the right foot, I REALLY get worn out fast. So, volume is suffering. I'm just hoping that will build up my endurance enough that I will feel stronger and better endurance as soon as I can use both feet.

May try to re-prodge Apollo Reed this spring, since it has very few hard left foot moves. That would be awesome.

Nice! I can't imagine that putting climbing shoes on the gimpfoot will be pleasant for quite some time, so are you planning to climb in approach shoe on the gimpfoot, once the aircast is off, or are you going to try the climbing shoes?

And btw, don't forget, there is spring season at the RED, and you have committed to it.

I'm not sure how putting climbing shoes on it going to be. I'm optimistic about it after we pull the pins (and count to three?) in early March. I have a few old shoes that are a bit bigger and stiffer that I can start on, and even the Arrowheads are about 1/2 size big for me, so will probably get a great getting-back-into-it boot for the steeps.

Feeling cautiously optimistic, though. Probably not gonna be a great Endless Wall season, but I think steep sport will be good. Due to the nature of the injury, I'll probably be doing as much heelhooking as possible with the left.

I asked the Doc about climbing, and he clearly did not get how shoes work, since he said that he could give me a metal shank to put inside the shoes for more support.

Still, may not be so off. Didn't Gail get carbon inserts into her climbing shoes after her toe surgery? Obviously, completely different injury, but...

Brian gave me a pair of lave up stiff shoes a size too big when I was ready to try climbing again. And another pair two sizes too big. I was very happy to have both. My feet swelled something fierce.

The dog?

Speaking of the dog, Mo has been pretty quiet lately. I think that Brian may have flatrocked her after hearing about her meatbombzing the Lesburu?

End damage: new rim, 4 new tires (which is the bullshit of AWD I guess since the other three were FINE and had 30k left in them) new alignment, some other random shit... $1000. Yup, a $1k flat tire.

I was actually kind of shocked with Brian's response- I grew up in a house where poppa biner would get all red and yelly if someone (even himself) dropped a glass, let alone launched a car into a curb. Brian was just 'don't be sorry, it's ok, these things happen. Here, let me change the tire for you in three minutes flat' and THEN proceeds to spend the whole next day dealing with getting it fixed.

Momma sez he's a keepah.

Holy crap, I didn't know you had to get 4 new tires for exploding one. I would be tempted to ignore that.

The curse of the Subaru. They won't sell you just one. If you can bat your eyelashes well enough and the dude selling them is feeling nice, they MIGHT sell you two. But almost always they will make you buy all 4. Basterds.

If you go to a service station run by Russian mafiamechanic, they will replace one, and only one. Unless you ask for more. They will also get you parts from the "junkyard", instead of new ones, if you want. (And dispose of any bodies they find in your car, in case you accidentally left them there, but that is, of course, not relevant to anyone here, and is only a hearsay, anyway.)

heh, the mechanic I go to actually is russian. no mafia ties that I am aware of.
We just went to a regular mechanic, not the dealer. We tried to find a used rim but my car is so new they didn't have any in the junk yard. Could have got a full set of used, but it would have taken a few days and my family gets here tomorrow.

Brian's very cheap when he can be, he made all sorts of phone calls to see if we could get out of it. His momma raised him hebrew right!

Rascist? Tuphar?

definitely RACIST.
He gets in trouble cracking Jew jokes but he doesn't look Jewish, so he gets dirty looks. 'But it's mah tribe!' Says he.

I would have pegged him as Irish Catholic.

heh... ewe wood have pegged him.

tripperjm

Mar 2, 2013, 1:01 AM
Post #97879 of 105309 (6204 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

The dog?

Momma sez he's a keepah.

We just went to a regular mechanic, not the dealer. We tried to find a used rim but my car is so new they didn't have any in the junk yard. Could have got a full set of used, but it would have taken a few days and my family gets here tomorrow.

Brian's very cheap when he can be, he made all sorts of phone calls to see if we could get out of it. His momma raised him hebrew right!

Rascist? Tuphar?

definitely RACIST.
He gets in trouble cracking Jew jokes but he doesn't look Jewish, so he gets dirty looks. 'But it's mah tribe!' Says he.

I would have pegged him as Irish Catholic.
nope, that's me.

that's my tribe

tripperjm

Mar 2, 2013, 1:12 AM
Post #97880 of 105309 (6198 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbingtrash] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingtrash wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
macherry wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
So apparently I can't eat avocado without puking.

FML

Sorry to hear that.

While on the subject, I think that the avocado might be the most tawked about food in the BET.

And also (for those who don't puke it when they the whole thing) one of the most unexpected benefits about moving to CO. Three for a dollar avocados - so nice.

GO

Why would CO have cheap avocados? I could understand if you were talking about CA...

I think because we're a short haul from Texas and Mexico.

Hey, I've been wanting to try making a dessert out of avocados. Anyone have recipes you love that use them?

GO

other than green smoothie, I can't think of anything dessert-y with avocado. I've seen recipes for stuff like avocado-lime pie, but all thew recipes that use avocado for dessert seem to be the raw vegan recipes, with people desperately trying to re-create the creaminess without using whipped cream. I see no reason why coconut milk and avocado whip wouldn't taste delicious, but....

nope, had it. very rich, didn't like it at all

Good to know. I love all kids of foods, but things that are made to taste/look like something else don't do it for me.

When I want whipped cream, I want whipped cream, and not silken tofu, coconut and avocado concoction. Love tofu, love coconut, love avocado, but this combination just turns my insides out.

I am also talking yogurt that is made out of cultured coconut or soy milk. YUCK!!!!! I was expecting not to like the soy yogurt, bc I don't like soymilk, rice milk, and any of those other "milks", and I was correct there. But I love everything coconut, so I figured that coconut yogurt would taste yummy to me, even if it doesn't taste anything like real yogurt. Boy, was I wrong there!

And the same goes for soy cheese. And vegan tofu cheesecake (OMG, that was the offense to the senses, if I have ever seen one!) And gluten-free raw vegan "pizza". And on, and on.

No problem eating gluten-free. Don't need to, but I've done that. And never once did I feel like I wanted the bread that is made out or xantam gum, rice flour, potato and tapioka starch. YUCK!

Is kerrect (with the notable exception that tofutti cuties are yummy).

With that said, it seems that in most Portuguese speaking countries, avocado is typically treated as a fruit, and made into smoothies and desserts. So I made a Brazilian avocado cream last night. It's quite unique, and it's delish!

Is not diet food, though (unless like g_grrl it makes you lose yer lunch) so production will be limited, despite 3 for a dollar avocados.

GO

Don't even know what toffutti cuties are, and empirical evidence suggests that i have survived so far without them. (Unless I am dead, and dreaming?) So I think I'll be O.K. not knowing, but if I ever come across them, I will keep this in mind.

But I'll be willing to try the Brazilian avocado cream recipe. You can put it in PM, if you are too worried about incurring the wrath of the BET.

Avacados in Brasil aren't the same as regular avocados. They're much bigger and much sweeter. Here, they mix it with milk or cream. They wouldn't do that with a regular avocado, which are incredibly difficult to find down here.

Just wanted to give a heads up from someone who lives here.

OK - I'll GTFO. Carry on

sorry, but lena, kamhed ... you see what happens when you start talking to the fucking riffraff? everybody thinks it's just fucking fine to come in here and post, and then you have gumburnsy offering useless information about brazilian fucking avocados. I'm sure one or both of you will come in here and thank him for his contribution, and in a week or two we'll have his buddy jeremy advertising his shitty guiding services in the thread.
I'm talking about a LINE IN THE SAND!!!

Yeah, so I've been thinkin about this a bit. Being of the same persuasion as Groucho, I've always liked his line: "I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." So I think I'll stick around for a bit.

Now I'm the last one who should be saying this, but... Lena and Cammy, sheesh, enough with the ewwy gooey lovey dovey, GET A ROOM! Pretty sure all that sweetness goes against the rules guidelines. And is fattening.

Hey Doc or Snupe (or Dip if yer around), call me an annoying fuck, or something equivalent. Just this once. Have something I wanna try out.

GO
Look, if you want to keep riding on our coattails, you're going to have to start at page one. Until then, you will just be a bottomfeeder, unappreciative of the long tradition within this thread. While you may consider yourself to be a fan of Groucho Marx, you are still just desperately craving attention and validation. Sure, it annoys me, and outside of verbally abusing you, there is little I can do about it that would actually get you to stop posting.

+1

Ewe relize that^ applies two ewe to

tripperjm

Mar 2, 2013, 1:14 AM
Post #97881 of 105309 (6198 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingtrash wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
climbingtrash wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
macherry wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

FML

Sorry to hear that.

While on the subject, I think that the avocado might be the most tawked about food in the BET.

And also (for those who don't puke it when they the whole thing) one of the most unexpected benefits about moving to CO. Three for a dollar avocados - so nice.

GO

Why would CO have cheap avocados? I could understand if you were talking about CA...

Hey, I've been wanting to try making a dessert out of avocados. Anyone have recipes you love that use them?

GO

other than green smoothie, I can't think of anything dessert-y with avocado. I've seen recipes for stuff like avocado-lime pie, but all thew recipes that use avocado for dessert seem to be the raw vegan recipes, with people desperately trying to re-create the creaminess without using whipped cream. I see no reason why coconut milk and avocado whip wouldn't taste delicious, but....

Good to know. I love all kids of foods, but things that are made to taste/look like something else don't do it for me.

When I want whipped cream, I want whipped cream, and not silken tofu, coconut and avocado concoction. Love tofu, love coconut, love avocado, but this combination just turns my insides out.

I am also talking yogurt that is made out of cultured coconut or soy milk. YUCK!!!!! I was expecting not to like the soy yogurt, bc I don't like soymilk, rice milk, and any of those other "milks", and I was correct there. But I love everything coconut, so I figured that coconut yogurt would taste yummy to me, even if it doesn't taste anything like real yogurt. Boy, was I wrong there!

And the same goes for soy cheese. And vegan tofu cheesecake (OMG, that was the offense to the senses, if I have ever seen one!) And gluten-free raw vegan "pizza". And on, and on.

No problem eating gluten-free. Don't need to, but I've done that. And never once did I feel like I wanted the bread that is made out or xantam gum, rice flour, potato and tapioka starch. YUCK!

With that said, it seems that in most Portuguese speaking countries, avocado is typically treated as a fruit, and made into smoothies and desserts. So I made a Brazilian avocado cream last night. It's quite unique, and it's delish!

Is not diet food, though (unless like g_grrl it makes you lose yer lunch) so production will be limited, despite 3 for a dollar avocados.

GO

Don't even know what toffutti cuties are, and empirical evidence suggests that i have survived so far without them. (Unless I am dead, and dreaming?) So I think I'll be O.K. not knowing, but if I ever come across them, I will keep this in mind.

But I'll be willing to try the Brazilian avocado cream recipe. You can put it in PM, if you are too worried about incurring the wrath of the BET.

Avacados in Brasil aren't the same as regular avocados. They're much bigger and much sweeter. Here, they mix it with milk or cream. They wouldn't do that with a regular avocado, which are incredibly difficult to find down here.

OK - I'll GTFO. Carry on

sorry, but lena, kamhed ... you see what happens when you start talking to the fucking riffraff? everybody thinks it's just fucking fine to come in here and post, and then you have gumburnsy offering useless information about brazilian fucking avocados. I'm sure one or both of you will come in here and thank him for his contribution, and in a week or two we'll have his buddy jeremy advertising his shitty guiding services in the thread.

Yeah, so I've been thinkin about this a bit. Being of the same persuasion as Groucho, I've always liked his line: "I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." So I think I'll stick around for a bit.

Now I'm the last one who should be saying this, but... Lena and Cammy, sheesh, enough with the ewwy gooey lovey dovey, GET A ROOM! Pretty sure all that sweetness goes against the rules guidelines. And is fattening.

Hey Doc or Snupe (or Dip if yer around), call me an annoying fuck, or something equivalent. Just this once. Have something I wanna try out.

GO
Look, if you want to keep riding on our coattails, you're going to have to start at page one. Until then, you will just be a bottomfeeder, unappreciative of the long tradition within this thread. While you may consider yourself to be a fan of Groucho Marx, you are still just desperately craving attention and validation. Sure, it annoys me, and outside of verbally abusing you, there is little I can do about it that would actually get you to stop posting.

+1
The above statement applies to you as well.

I started at page one three years ago. And now here I am.

If that iz teh case.... where are yore posts on yore way up?

tripperjm

Mar 2, 2013, 1:17 AM
Post #97882 of 105309 (6196 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
cracklover wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
macherry wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

FML

Sorry to hear that.

GO

GO

GO

OK - I'll GTFO. Carry on

GO

Yeah well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Right now this is the most entertaining bar in town. Go back to talking about bread and Jack's ballsack if you wanna see me move on.

GO

I wood prefer two knot here about yore fasanation with my ball sack

tripperjm

Mar 2, 2013, 1:23 AM
Post #97883 of 105309 (6191 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Yeah, we missed jack at the GeeDub this weekend. I heard his wife wouldn't let him out for the weekend.

I noes it may be a outdated concept... but still, there is such thing as loyalty.

C-ya tried to get teh days oft but coodn't. After belaying me for hundreds ov days while I put up roots, it seemed kinda selfish to just bail on her cuz she coodn't go. Sides, teh wether turned nice and we went to teh hole for teh first tyme in months. Just teh two ov us with perfect conditions....

tripperjm

Mar 2, 2013, 1:24 AM
Post #97884 of 105309 (6190 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
This:

It's best to watch while listening to Insane in the Membrane, or maybe Jump Around.

pretty funny

tripperjm

Mar 2, 2013, 1:26 AM
Post #97885 of 105309 (6189 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Yeah, we missed jack at the GeeDub this weekend. I heard his wife wouldn't let him out for the weekend.

despite the rumors of blazing hot weather and overcrowding, there was neither. a few hours on saturday and sunday that were a bit warm, but all in all pretty good weather, good climbing.

ended up just being me, teh asiant, and the mangler, with CI showing up on monday for the day.

zent the Hillbilly Limestone in 3 tries, flashed Check Engine with a bit of useful beta from the mangler, flashed Regeneration after belaying the mangler on it a bunch. picked up a long-term project with mortal kombat.

CI showed up on Monday and came within about two moves of onsighting Hillbilly, but fortunately fucked up the beta at the top.

the rock up there kicks ass. really fun climbing with a lot of sidepulls, underclings, holds that are shit until you get your feet oriented correctly and they become really good. not super overhung, but enough that the lack of ledges creates a pretty serious pump.

I'm like a child who wanders into a conversation, but what is GeeDub? All I can think of would be Grand Wall in Squish, or Great Wall at Muir (lookout, COW! thunk.)

likely gu'd.... Teh poorman's Jail house, Gold Wall.

tripperjm

Mar 2, 2013, 1:30 AM
Post #97886 of 105309 (6189 views)
Shortcut

Re: [meatbomz] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Panic Mode, Commence!

regarding yore teachings? or studies?

or the fact that this is the only post in the BET this morning?

I think all of those are panic-worthy.

As id the fact that i tried campusing last night, and I SUCK!!!!!

You starting campus board training? I sucked royally when I started. Made huge gains over two months. Well, actually most of the gains were in the first half of that. Anyway, lemme know if you want any suggestions for stuff to do as part of your routine.

GO

What number was "when we want your opinion we'll point at you..."?

I just make up teh shitz... I rely upon other to keep track ov it.

tripperjm

Mar 2, 2013, 1:34 AM
Post #97887 of 105309 (6183 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Who had two thumbs and is watching the Ice Climbing Wolrd Cup, Romania Edition.

*This Gal*

http://www.theuiaa.org/ice_climbing_2013.php

Nathan is climbing last (49th), number 119. The jersey numbers are going up as people are climbing but they are skipping some (ie - I watch #70, then #72 and then #75).

Not much getting done at work over the next couple of hours!
damz, I'm getting a server not found. I was really looking forward to not working.
I had to refresh it for it to work. Just saw #90 whip off of a figure 4.
Damn, still no.

working fine here, but they seem to only be on #29 or so. I can't watch 20 of these fuckers pegboreding up this nonsense.

Heh. On that note, I will set aside my keybored and go watch an episode of Gheyme of Thrones.

Weke. I was expecting more morning entertainzments than this.

donny can't even drag his ass owt climbing, let alone properly GU teh thred.

Donny iz a discrace

tripperjm

Mar 2, 2013, 1:35 AM
Post #97888 of 105309 (6183 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
cracklover wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Panic Mode, Commence!

regarding yore teachings? or studies?

or the fact that this is the only post in the BET this morning?

I think all of those are panic-worthy.

As id the fact that i tried campusing last night, and I SUCK!!!!!

You starting campus board training? I sucked royally when I started. Made huge gains over two months. Well, actually most of the gains were in the first half of that. Anyway, lemme know if you want any suggestions for stuff to do as part of your routine.

GO

What number was "when we want your opinion we'll point at you..."?

Don't know which number, but I think it was Jack with his clipbored back in the original brent_e thread. I can't remember things as well as all you gerks.

GO

I'm going to wishfully interpret this statement as directed at the fly, rather than answering his question.

Hard to say....

tripperjm

Mar 2, 2013, 1:47 AM
Post #97889 of 105309 (6179 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
no east coaster posts this morning?
It has been dead like camhed's jorb prospects in here for the past couple daze...

I laffed.

He'll never get a jorb now that the truth is out about his horrible spiritual crimez at the Gunks. Desecrating Kansas City wasn't bad enough, now you must scar the poor bolders? Why u have to hate the Gunks so much, Cam, why?

Here he is caught red handed: http://www.dpmclimbing.com/...s/view/just-cleaning

GO

That whole article and vid are retarded.

Wonder what people would argue when it comes to modifying routes to ensure people don't cheat themselves.

This iz korrect. Unlike teh clamhed kneejerk replies on MP. thinking to self... he must have learned that kneejerking from lena

And while it is a little unclear in teh vid, it does appear that he is removing a 'loose' jug to make teh problem harder so that others don't cheat themselves.

tripperjm

Mar 2, 2013, 1:49 AM
Post #97890 of 105309 (6179 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
It has been dead like camhed's jorb prospects in here for the past couple daze...

I laffed.

He'll never get a jorb now that the truth is out about his horrible spiritual crimez at the Gunks. Desecrating Kansas City wasn't bad enough, now you must scar the poor bolders? Why u have to hate the Gunks so much, Cam, why?

Here he is caught red handed: http://www.dpmclimbing.com/...s/view/just-cleaning

GO

Wonder what people would argue when it comes to modifying routes to ensure people don't cheat themselves.

I thought the vid and article did their jorb pretty well.

Spurt roots by nature are almost always going to have some degree of modification. Bouldering has pretty much established within itself that this kind of shit is not cool, yo. Especially not from a guy like Greene, who publishes a guidebook that tells people not to modify the rock. Guy's a douche.

I've met Ivan and teh guy iz a douche.... but knot for teh reason ewe say.

tripperjm

Mar 2, 2013, 1:53 AM
Post #97891 of 105309 (6179 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

I laffed.

GO

I thought the vid and article did their jorb pretty well.

Spurt roots by nature are almost always going to have some degree of modification. Bouldering has pretty much established within itself that this kind of shit is not cool, yo. Especially not from a guy like Greene, who publishes a guidebook that tells people not to modify the rock. Guy's a douche.

That was some heavy chiseling.

I don't thinks that^ means what ewe thinks it means.

tripperjm

Mar 2, 2013, 1:56 AM
Post #97892 of 105309 (6179 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

ha. kamhed should just go to law sk00l.

I may be unemployed, but at least I got the PhD without debt. Course, maybe if I had gone into a program that required me to go into debt, I would have a job now.

maybe. I think there are a fair number of loyerz out there without jorbs as well. and fun debts.

just have drivel get a jorb, conceiveadopt a kid or two, and be a house-husband?

We did consider this option several years ago. However, neither of us is really psyched on kids. Maybe a corgi...

[image]http://t.qkme.me/36e70c.jpg[/image]

AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Did you have a sex change when they took out your pin?

Only people with two X chromosomes are supposed to say AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW to cute doggie pictures.

heh... OK, fare iz fare.... places a check mark next to lena's name on teh clipbord

tripperjm

Mar 2, 2013, 1:57 AM
Post #97893 of 105309 (6177 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
Campusing yesterday went pretty well. The improvements are smaller now than after the first few workouts, but i still see improvement, I think this is hte last week of campusing though. 2-3 more workouts, tops, and then I start PE in earnest. Tried playing add-on yesterday with couple guys, and felt pretty good. As in, they were both pumped out of their minds, and I felt that it was a good warm-up before campushing.

sighs....

tripperjm

Mar 2, 2013, 1:59 AM
Post #97894 of 105309 (6174 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Campusing yesterday went pretty well. The improvements are smaller now than after the first few workouts, but i still see improvement, I think this is hte last week of campusing though. 2-3 more workouts, tops, and then I start PE in earnest. Tried playing add-on yesterday with couple guys, and felt pretty good. As in, they were both pumped out of their minds, and I felt that it was a good warm-up before campushing.

Fuck! If this keeps up, Lena will have ousted me from the hard climber biggest sprayer in the BET position. Though I am only about a half inch away from doing a one-armed pullup.

But sirius, that is awesome how you are improving. Can't wait to see how your season shapes up. Maybe get on something like Jeebus Wept?

tripperjm

Mar 2, 2013, 2:02 AM
Post #97895 of 105309 (6173 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Fuck! If this keeps up, Lena will have ousted me from the hard climber biggest sprayer in the BET position. Though I am only about a half inch away from doing a one-armed pullup.

But sirius, that is awesome how you are improving. Can't wait to see how your season shapes up. Maybe get on something like Jeebus Wept?

you actually have to send something besides a campus rung or a hangbored to have it count as spray.

not true. that hangboreding shit is filled with spray, it just doesn't mean anything.

This iz korrect

tripperjm

Mar 2, 2013, 2:18 AM
Post #97896 of 105309 (6166 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] No more Mr Nice Guy!!!1 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
ooh gramps is back and pissed at all you kids on his lawn.

Ewe noes sumtin I don't like LJ gots his gf preggers?

and knot so much pissed about teh kids on my lawn, cuz nobody wunts to sit in my old dusty chair in teh corner...

more like pissed about teh endless spray and flies buzzing about.

speaking uv witch...

tripperjm

Mar 2, 2013, 2:21 AM
Post #97897 of 105309 (6166 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] No more Mr Nice Guy!!!1 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
tripperjm wrote:

hummm.....

That rite fukers, I seen whuts been going on and I'm knot happy!

and I'm especially knot happy with teh clamhed...

or his little green spray monkey.

Ewe both make me sick...

knot to mention...

ewe both look like douchebags.

It's knot like either won ov ewe has or likely ever will due anything worthy ov awl teh fuking spray.

so just fuking turn oft teh fuking fire hose.

I guess that now would not be the time to tell ewe awl that I did the blue tiger stripes probelm?

tigers are not blue.

You've clearly never been to Kinetic.

Obviously not. And DO tell.

I am not sure if Jack can shitz pantz in rage, or if it is CI_only ability, but I do want to get him past rumbling stage, and into a full-blown hurricane mode.

So... did you on-flash it? with boot on? campusing the whole way? One-handed?

Due ewe really thinks it's a gud idea to gets in to a spitting contest with a snake?

tripperjm

Mar 2, 2013, 2:23 AM
Post #97898 of 105309 (6162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingtrash wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

(no, I have never actually fought about it with Heffe. Only with camhat on a cold morning with fuel shortage)

I know that we're fiernds and all, but if you had gotten between me and my kawfee...

Wouldn't dream of it. The morning in Maple Canyon, with slowly drying super-glue, old stove about to explode when the glue fumes catch fire, and you + Heffe nervously twitching and twiddling your thumbs...

Yeah, I won't. No worries.

That was not funny. Definitely very serious stuff.

Once had a similar situation at teh creek when we realized that awl the coffee we bratt was whole bean and we didn't have a grinder. Came up with a slick solution but for a minute it was touch and go.

Teh ole sock trick

tripperjm

Mar 2, 2013, 2:27 AM
Post #97899 of 105309 (6162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
Dammit, Lena, J teh boi facefriended drivel but knot me!

Also, boring gnus. Ice storm last night, not sure how the roads are. Driving to Atlanta today for some interviews, driving was cheaper than flying. I finally broke down and learned how to tie a tie yesterday, which I'd successfully avoided for the past few decades. Did you guys know that the first google autocomplete you get for "how do you..." is "tie a tie?"

that is awl.

Boston, Atlanta and DC? You're checking out all the climbing hotspots.

probibly has an interview lined up in chicago, two.
I hope he gets the Omaha jorb.

somebody at teh red was telling us about the tons of sick limestonez in iowa that nobody knows about/pays attention to ... might have been eastern iowa, though.

guys used to spritz about it on the knob years back. Probably your standard 35' riverbank crumbly limestone, but who knows. There's a few gems or Euro Vacations just about everywhere.

yeah, GG was quite skeptical, but the guy was adamant that it was the gratest shit ever. 75', sick overhanging, etc. who nose.
I don't remember any of this.

it was the guy talking to us at the Shire, over by KSB (the fun 10d with all the iron-pulling)

Oh yeah. I think I was happier not remember that conversation.

Seriously, was the guy bald, late 30s, with a cigarette rasp in his voice?

Kinetic Tony has done some Iowa developement. The rock looks decent. Not enough for a trip, but if I was ever taking a leisurely drive across I-80 I would check it out. Of course, everytime I'm driving through Iowa I have nothing on my mind but getting the fuck out of there.

I don't believe so.

So that rules out Troy, but not Tony. Tony wouldn't be acting like a gerk. In fact, he would be positively brimming with enthusiasm and offering to take you on a tour... Did the guy have any cliff bar signs on his gear? As in, ALL over his gear?

If not, then we just discovered that there is a 3rd guy who knows about the secret radness of Iowa limestone. Angelic

I think this guy was leading a group of gumbies who were lurving the Shire.

also accurate

Hey, you wouldn't have met a group of newbs who were lurving the Shire you you two weren't ALSO at the Shire.

Just saying...

yes, and it turned out that (a) it's on the way over to Amarillo and Samurai (one of the many gnu proj's I picked up that trip), and (b) that KSB rowt is a kickass warmup.

The n00b wall on the shire is not good warmup, though.

that was a gud day, actually ... KSB was fun, fell off towards the end of the left traverse on my onsite attempt of Amarillo, zent on try 2, took a beatdown figuring out the boulder porblem on samurai, then went across the valley and zent the Citizen's Arete (2nd try of the day, after hanging draws on try 1).

Citizens arête was Lena's mega proj earlier. I think it finally went down after a few years work.

well, I have a sneaking suspicion that she went off rowt in the middle and never actually zent.

Oh really? Well, keep your suspicions to yourself, unless you have photos to prove it!

this sounds a bit like a tacit admission.

We awl noes she cheated herself.... cuz that's whut no-talent, sawed oft sprayers due.

I dunno. I think that if Lena was going to cheat herself on Citzen's Arete she would have done it in one of the first half dozen redpoint burns she took.

And the hangboreding tawk is almost over. Been doing more actual climbing, and I think I am going to name my pins Anderson Cooper, Adam Lambert, and Lance Bass, because those bad boys are COMING OUT on Friday. HeyOOO!!!

oh grate.... nau we just has to look forward to ewe spraying about climbing

tripperjm

Mar 2, 2013, 2:29 AM
Post #97900 of 105309 (6162 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
Dammit, Lena, J teh boi facefriended drivel but knot me!

Also, boring gnus. Ice storm last night, not sure how the roads are. Driving to Atlanta today for some interviews, driving was cheaper than flying. I finally broke down and learned how to tie a tie yesterday, which I'd successfully avoided for the past few decades. Did you guys know that the first google autocomplete you get for "how do you..." is "tie a tie?"

that is awl.

Boston, Atlanta and DC? You're checking out all the climbing hotspots.

probibly has an interview lined up in chicago, two.
I hope he gets the Omaha jorb.

somebody at teh red was telling us about the tons of sick limestonez in iowa that nobody knows about/pays attention to ... might have been eastern iowa, though.

guys used to spritz about it on the knob years back. Probably your standard 35' riverbank crumbly limestone, but who knows. There's a few gems or Euro Vacations just about everywhere.

yeah, GG was quite skeptical, but the guy was adamant that it was the gratest shit ever. 75', sick overhanging, etc. who nose.
I don't remember any of this.

it was the guy talking to us at the Shire, over by KSB (the fun 10d with all the iron-pulling)

Oh yeah. I think I was happier not remember that conversation.

Seriously, was the guy bald, late 30s, with a cigarette rasp in his voice?

Kinetic Tony has done some Iowa developement. The rock looks decent. Not enough for a trip, but if I was ever taking a leisurely drive across I-80 I would check it out. Of course, everytime I'm driving through Iowa I have nothing on my mind but getting the fuck out of there.

I don't believe so.

So that rules out Troy, but not Tony. Tony wouldn't be acting like a gerk. In fact, he would be positively brimming with enthusiasm and offering to take you on a tour... Did the guy have any cliff bar signs on his gear? As in, ALL over his gear?

If not, then we just discovered that there is a 3rd guy who knows about the secret radness of Iowa limestone. Angelic

I think this guy was leading a group of gumbies who were lurving the Shire.

also accurate

Hey, you wouldn't have met a group of newbs who were lurving the Shire you you two weren't ALSO at the Shire.

Just saying...

yes, and it turned out that (a) it's on the way over to Amarillo and Samurai (one of the many gnu proj's I picked up that trip), and (b) that KSB rowt is a kickass warmup.

The n00b wall on the shire is not good warmup, though.

that was a gud day, actually ... KSB was fun, fell off towards the end of the left traverse on my onsite attempt of Amarillo, zent on try 2, took a beatdown figuring out the boulder porblem on samurai, then went across the valley and zent the Citizen's Arete (2nd try of the day, after hanging draws on try 1).

Citizens arête was Lena's mega proj earlier. I think it finally went down after a few years work.

well, I have a sneaking suspicion that she went off rowt in the middle and never actually zent.

Oh really? Well, keep your suspicions to yourself, unless you have photos to prove it!

this sounds a bit like a tacit admission.

We awl noes she cheated herself.... cuz that's whut no-talent, sawed oft sprayers due.

I dunno. I think that if Lena was going to cheat herself on Citzen's Arete she would have done it in one of the first half dozen redpoint burns she took.

And the hangboreding tawk is almost over. Been doing more actual climbing, and I think I am going to name my pins Anderson Cooper, Adam Lambert, and Lance Bass, because those bad boys are COMING OUT on Friday. HeyOOO!!!

Awww, someone came to my defense! I am touched!

It's O.K., bitter old guys prefer clipbored to hangbored, it happens with age. We will all be there someday.

And yay! on the pins coming out. But... you are taking them out the same day you are flying across country? Isn't it a bit.... I dunno, poorly planned?

knot so much like bitter, more like discusted

First page Previous page 1 ... 3912 3913 3914 3915 3916 3917 3918 3919 3920 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook