Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3916 3917 3918 3919 3920 3921 3922 3923 3924 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

tripperjm

Mar 6, 2013, 3:01 AM
Post #97976 of 105309 (7670 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Man, that deletion hammer came quickly... I posted a your mom joke to the Is climbing vandalism thread, and it got disappeared within minutes.

They are on to ewe... better start running

let's just hope they don't start banzing us for all being different accounts uv teh same guy.

It's funny cuz it's tru.

Partner epoch

Mar 6, 2013, 3:02 AM
Post #97977 of 105309 (7670 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Man, that deletion hammer came quickly... I posted a your mom joke to the Is climbing vandalism thread, and it got disappeared within minutes.

let's just hope they don't start banzing us for all being different accounts uv teh same guy.

Isn't this entire thread a made-up conversation that caughtinside is repeatedly having with himself?

so sad....

granite_grrl

Mar 6, 2013, 3:04 AM
Post #97978 of 105309 (7669 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
So I cut off my hair this morning.

*Jack shitz pantz with rage.*

This news saddens me.

It's actually pretty awesome.

granite_grrl

Mar 6, 2013, 3:07 AM
Post #97979 of 105309 (7668 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Ran hills in the clinic last night. The best/worst thing about hills is that you get to run down them after you run up them.

Also picked up one of those foam roller things to self massage my upper butt.

I'm more ov an ass, man.... and isn't self massage kinda like masterbation?

In that aides are sometimes nice to have?

tripperjm

Mar 6, 2013, 3:14 AM
Post #97980 of 105309 (7660 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

Isn't this entire thread a made-up conversation that caughtinside is repeatedly having with himself?

so sad....

easy there... What happens in teh hole stays in teh hole.

tripperjm

Mar 6, 2013, 3:35 AM
Post #97981 of 105309 (7648 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Ran hills in the clinic last night. The best/worst thing about hills is that you get to run down them after you run up them.

Toys? Well, with didn't ewe say so in teh first place?

Toys are gud.

I has a toy box teh size ov a foot locker and it's full.... but we have talked about this before?

dr_feelgood

Mar 6, 2013, 4:29 AM
Post #97982 of 105309 (7638 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

But I hate running. Ever since the boy scout trail, my leg hasn't worked so good.

tripperjm

Mar 6, 2013, 4:51 AM
Post #97983 of 105309 (7628 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

But I hate running. Ever since the boy scout trail, my leg hasn't worked so good.

But....

whut if teh cops are chasing ewe?

dr_feelgood

Mar 6, 2013, 4:55 AM
Post #97984 of 105309 (7626 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

But....

whut if teh cops are chasing ewe?
you gotta do what you gotta do.

Partner macherry

Mar 6, 2013, 5:21 AM
Post #97985 of 105309 (7617 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:

and some say we need more moderation

dr_feelgood

Mar 6, 2013, 6:04 AM
Post #97986 of 105309 (7609 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

and some say we need more moderation
I call those people wankers.

granite_grrl

Mar 6, 2013, 1:32 PM
Post #97987 of 105309 (7596 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Toys are gud.

I has a toy box teh size ov a foot locker and it's full.... but we have talked about this before?

I think this is a road the BET has never wandered down.

granite_grrl

Mar 6, 2013, 1:42 PM
Post #97988 of 105309 (7592 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

The guy who owns the running store in town says he’s never met anyone who can run quite right with hardware in their leg.

Partner camhead

Mar 6, 2013, 2:10 PM
Post #97989 of 105309 (7589 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:
epoch wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Man, I haven't had such a lazy Sunday in ages! Feels good to be lazy once in a while. Made some progress on my jean quilt. it would be nice to finally have it done, bc my "design board" is my bedroom floor.

Went to the gym this afternoon to do some wall stripping and setting. The request was for a "hard" route. It is difficult for me to gauge the grade while setting, and it has happened more than once that i have planned to make a hard route and ended up with a moderate that requires some tweaking to "harden"
it. So I finish setting, and ask a guy to give me a catch. Run though the route, it turned out really nice, flows well, but I think, maybe not quite hard, maybe hard minus... Which in our gym-speak corresponds to ~11b/c.

Meanwhile, a visiting guy has been walking circles around the construction cones, dying to try this new route. So he get's on it, and falls on the 1st move. And 3rd move, and 5th move, and 6th move... you get the idea. Comes down and pronounces it to be a "solid 5.12, really sustained, one hard move after another". Not sure, if you can call a 25ft climb a sustained anything, but... heh! Another guy gets on it, same thing... apparently it is harder than I thought. They both like the route, at least that much is good. But now I am wondering if my difficulty gauge really needs recalibrating, or if I had just set one of those "easy-for-people-between-4'10"-and-5'2"-difficult-for-everyone-else" routes.

Grading gym routes. Such a fun exercise!

We have the setters post up what they think the route is/should be, then go 1-2 letters above and below and have check-boxes next to the grades. After a week, the highest grade is set and that's what the route is graded. Keeps routes appropriately graded.

I think that gym routes should go through double-blind peer review processes for grading. Actually, that should go for outside routes, too. It really is the only sensible option.

Well then yore knot gunna like teh grades at teh hole.

He'll like the Big Tony grades.

Thing iz... if we goes by Big Tony's grades, sure we feel gud about ourselves but it just doesn't add up.

per Big Tony, teh Drive By iz won three bee, so then teh Gangbanger and Smash an Grab, both too grades harder wood bee dee's and teh Ghettobird, a grade harder wood be a won four a. And I'm saying, I don't carez how many tries I took or how many months it took me to due each ov them, even on my best day, I have never dun a won three dee let alone a won four a.

sides, there iz nothing rong with stiff grades.

Now that is true art (rip), man. Spray with the subtlety of a fine wine or a Miles Davis solo. I'm a firehose, but this is a fine spring mist. This is WAY subtler than just saying, "yeah, I sent my project but grades don't mean anything," or "yeah, you'd like this area, there is even some stuff you could do that is your style."

Superficially, Jack is supporting snadbags, self-deprecating, using the spelled out numbers so that skimmers like me won't immediately beeline into something as obvious as "5.14a". But beneath the surface, we read into the hidden meanings and learn that Jack has climbed a climb that was rated an astronomical grade.

Like I said, I have so much to learn form this, Obi Wan.

Partner camhead

Mar 6, 2013, 2:11 PM
Post #97990 of 105309 (7588 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
macherry wrote:
epoch wrote:
Both toenails on the big toes of my feet are coming off. My knee is wrapped and in intense pain whenever I move it or walk. Vitamin I has little effect on the reduction of pain. There isn't swelling. I've been pushing it hard for the past few weeks. Lost some weight got some training in.

I wrecked myself. I tried to take it easy this week, but that didn't work. Over use injury on my already crippled right knee. I've got bone-on-bone in half of it and it's telling me I've gone tuphar.

running is so much fun

yore idea ov fun and mine are knot teh same

Running is knot easy with a cane treking pole.

Partner camhead

Mar 6, 2013, 2:15 PM
Post #97991 of 105309 (7587 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Toys are gud.

Other than very vague BBD references BITD. Which are not what we are tawking about here. Well, unless someone here owns a BBD.

Partner camhead

Mar 6, 2013, 2:20 PM
Post #97992 of 105309 (7583 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hrrrm, inane updates. Midwest got hit with another snowpocalypse, all public schools here are closed, but my place did not. Still, I did not feel like driving in this weather, I'm tired, and did not want to teach a boring subject today (revolutionary warfare, battles and stragedies and shit like that), so I cancelled class and gave the kids a homework assignment.

They're gonna miss the next few class, too, cuz I'm off to teh Bhey. Need to send See Eye a reminder txt, but it's still early out there. Hopefully the snow won't cancel my flight; probably won't since it has stopped snowing here, and my flight goes through Vegas instead of Chicago.

that's awl.

lena_chita

Mar 6, 2013, 3:33 PM
Post #97993 of 105309 (7575 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
macherry wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Found the ol' Majid/JakeD story and used it in reply to bearbreader. Hopefully that thread is about to get a whole lot more awesome.

I do love that story.

It's a story well worth loving. Even it goes unnoticed in that thread it was nice to dig it up again.

i enjoyed it

Ewe noes....

ewe kin actually lurk hear withowt posting.

WOW! macherry, I am impressed! Jack didn't tell you to GTFO, he was actually attempting politeness, as much as he is capable of, anyway...

How do you do that, and could you give me some lessons, please?

Seems like a straightforward equation to me:

Ma's boobs > Lena's boobs > My boobs.

Ma's boobs>GO boobs>Lena's no-boobs

GO

I corrected your misconception there. But I am afraid you don't understand, Jack is more of an ass, man.

wipes teh gu oft teh fase

This iz korrect

The GU would have come off much better with a shower. Just saying.

lena_chita

Mar 6, 2013, 3:42 PM
Post #97994 of 105309 (7574 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
epoch wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
epoch wrote:
Both toenails on the big toes of my feet are coming off. My knee is wrapped and in intense pain whenever I move it or walk. Vitamin I has little effect on the reduction of pain. There isn't swelling. I've been pushing it hard for the past few weeks. Lost some weight got some training in.

I wrecked myself. I tried to take it easy this week, but that didn't work. Over use injury on my already crippled right knee. I've got bone-on-bone in half of it and it's telling me I've gone tuphar.

Falling apart, are you?

I am sore as hell after starting PE and over-enthusiastically climbing 3 days in a row.
In the effort to lose blort and and maybe find some of my long lost dignity I started training. I got a bit too ambitious last week and am feeling the effects now. I'm going to be sequestered to the stationary bike and low-impact training. From the sounds of it, we're all starting to fall apart...

ewe guys are funny.... 30 year olds complaining about falling apart.
My knee has been held together by Big League Chewing Gum, Bailing Wire, and Duct tape since 1995. I don't feel it due to the constant vitamin-i and aspirin regimen. Unfortunately I may be in for a cortisone shot this time around. Things aren't getting better no matter how much ice, elevation, and rest I've been giving it. Unsure

yeah, this 30 something has been dealing with it for 18 years.... Though I'm probably not as broken as you.

It's the fault of the belayers, see? They keep dropping Jack for some reason.

Maybe he should check the clipbored for a list of people he has pissed off, and not let them hold his rope. Of course, then he would be reduced to bouldering. And we know what the clipbored says about cockroaches.

lena_chita

Mar 6, 2013, 3:45 PM
Post #97995 of 105309 (7573 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Toys are gud.

A new road worth exploring?

lena_chita

Mar 6, 2013, 3:47 PM
Post #97996 of 105309 (7571 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Hrrrm, inane updates. Midwest got hit with another snowpocalypse, all public schools here are closed, but my place did not. Still, I did not feel like driving in this weather, I'm tired, and did not want to teach a boring subject today (revolutionary warfare, battles and stragedies and shit like that), so I cancelled class and gave the kids a homework assignment.

They're gonna miss the next few class, too, cuz I'm off to teh Bhey. Need to send See Eye a reminder txt, but it's still early out there. Hopefully the snow won't cancel my flight; probably won't since it has stopped snowing here, and my flight goes through Vegas instead of Chicago.

that's awl.

It is so weird that Cle is usually the snow zone, but this time around we barely got enough snow to shovel, while you gays were buried.

No that I am complaining...

Partner cracklover

Mar 6, 2013, 4:30 PM
Post #97997 of 105309 (7564 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
So I cut off my hair this morning.

*Jack shitz pantz with rage.*

This news saddens me.

It's actually pretty awesome.

Pics, or it didn't happen.

GO

snoopy138

Mar 6, 2013, 5:07 PM
Post #97998 of 105309 (7554 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Toys are gud.

there was some discussion once or twice uv AB's fuzzy cuffs, jak laffed at him.

snoopy138

Mar 6, 2013, 5:09 PM
Post #97999 of 105309 (7553 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
camhead wrote:
epoch wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Man, I haven't had such a lazy Sunday in ages! Feels good to be lazy once in a while. Made some progress on my jean quilt. it would be nice to finally have it done, bc my "design board" is my bedroom floor.

Went to the gym this afternoon to do some wall stripping and setting. The request was for a "hard" route. It is difficult for me to gauge the grade while setting, and it has happened more than once that i have planned to make a hard route and ended up with a moderate that requires some tweaking to "harden"
it. So I finish setting, and ask a guy to give me a catch. Run though the route, it turned out really nice, flows well, but I think, maybe not quite hard, maybe hard minus... Which in our gym-speak corresponds to ~11b/c.

Meanwhile, a visiting guy has been walking circles around the construction cones, dying to try this new route. So he get's on it, and falls on the 1st move. And 3rd move, and 5th move, and 6th move... you get the idea. Comes down and pronounces it to be a "solid 5.12, really sustained, one hard move after another". Not sure, if you can call a 25ft climb a sustained anything, but... heh! Another guy gets on it, same thing... apparently it is harder than I thought. They both like the route, at least that much is good. But now I am wondering if my difficulty gauge really needs recalibrating, or if I had just set one of those "easy-for-people-between-4'10"-and-5'2"-difficult-for-everyone-else" routes.

Grading gym routes. Such a fun exercise!

We have the setters post up what they think the route is/should be, then go 1-2 letters above and below and have check-boxes next to the grades. After a week, the highest grade is set and that's what the route is graded. Keeps routes appropriately graded.

I think that gym routes should go through double-blind peer review processes for grading. Actually, that should go for outside routes, too. It really is the only sensible option.

Well then yore knot gunna like teh grades at teh hole.

He'll like the Big Tony grades.

Thing iz... if we goes by Big Tony's grades, sure we feel gud about ourselves but it just doesn't add up.

per Big Tony, teh Drive By iz won three bee, so then teh Gangbanger and Smash an Grab, both too grades harder wood bee dee's and teh Ghettobird, a grade harder wood be a won four a. And I'm saying, I don't carez how many tries I took or how many months it took me to due each ov them, even on my best day, I have never dun a won three dee let alone a won four a.

sides, there iz nothing rong with stiff grades.

Now that is true art (rip), man. Spray with the subtlety of a fine wine or a Miles Davis solo. I'm a firehose, but this is a fine spring mist. This is WAY subtler than just saying, "yeah, I sent my project but grades don't mean anything," or "yeah, you'd like this area, there is even some stuff you could do that is your style."

Superficially, Jack is supporting snadbags, self-deprecating, using the spelled out numbers so that skimmers like me won't immediately beeline into something as obvious as "5.14a". But beneath the surface, we read into the hidden meanings and learn that Jack has climbed a climb that was rated an astronomical grade.

Like I said, I have so much to learn form this, Obi Wan.

except that it's not rated that.

snoopy138

Mar 6, 2013, 5:10 PM
Post #98000 of 105309 (7549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

that's awl.

I zent ewe an e-mail re hangboreding. Trying to keep that discussion out uv hear.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3916 3917 3918 3919 3920 3921 3922 3923 3924 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook