Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3945 3946 3947 3948 3949 3950 3951 3952 3953 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

granite_grrl

Mar 21, 2013, 12:33 PM
Post #98701 of 105309 (4682 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Gud thymes at the red river rest area. Toproped a bunch of stuff, my endurance is better than I thought it would be. But for once I'll hold off teh spray. I did get outed as the legendary camhead by some canuckians who know Beccs.

Kevin and Tanya? They're the only ones I know of that are down there right now.

Which brings up another issue. Apparently it's far easier than it should be for users of Ontario Climbing who are also infrequent users of RC.com to pair my two user names.

granite_grrl

Mar 21, 2013, 12:36 PM
Post #98702 of 105309 (4682 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Anybody wuntz ice bootz?

http://www.geartrade.com/...ible-icewinter-boots

Too small :(. Otherwise I'd be all over that.

Partner camhead

Mar 21, 2013, 12:40 PM
Post #98703 of 105309 (4679 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:
Gud thymes at the red river rest area. Toproped a bunch of stuff, my endurance is better than I thought it would be. But for once I'll hold off teh spray. I did get outed as the legendary camhead by some canuckians who know Beccs.

Which brings up another issue. Apparently it's far easier than it should be for users of Ontario Climbing who are also infrequent users of RC.com to pair my two user names.

Yeah, Kevin; smaller guy, said his parents own a cabin near some ice climbing or something? I think the girl was Tanya; teaches elementary school? They were cool folks, the rest of the crag was incredibly high douche factor that day.

lena_chita

Mar 21, 2013, 2:05 PM
Post #98704 of 105309 (4669 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:

Yeah, Kevin; smaller guy, said his parents own a cabin near some ice climbing or something? I think the girl was Tanya; teaches elementary school? They were cool folks, the rest of the crag was incredibly high douche factor that day.

Really, the you-can-only-come-here-if-you-are-special place had a lot of people with a high douche factor? Inconceivable!

Partner camhead

Mar 21, 2013, 2:23 PM
Post #98705 of 105309 (4664 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:

Really, the you-can-only-come-here-if-you-are-special place had a lot of people with a high douche factor? Inconceivable!

No, this was at Military yesterday. Big gangs of bros who could not do Fuzzy, but were spraying about how Tissue Tiger was going to be their first one two.

The sekrit radness place also had a douche factor of about 33%, but that's just because it was me and my two friends there.

dr_feelgood

Mar 21, 2013, 2:31 PM
Post #98706 of 105309 (4662 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have mah first written exam today...
Hopefully I don't get the nervous poopies...

Partner macherry

Mar 21, 2013, 2:35 PM
Post #98707 of 105309 (4659 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:

cut back on the coffee

that is all

lena_chita

Mar 21, 2013, 2:42 PM
Post #98708 of 105309 (4656 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:

No, this was at Military yesterday. Big gangs of bros who could not do Fuzzy, but were spraying about how Tissue Tiger was going to be their first one two.

Oh, but those are the ones who are FUN to show off to.

camhead wrote:
The sekrit radness place also had a douche factor of about 33%, but that's just because it was me and my two friends there.

Good thing you aren't in the soloing mode. Then the douche factor would always be at 100%. Tongue

drivel

Mar 21, 2013, 2:54 PM
Post #98709 of 105309 (4647 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

really fun way to annoy camhead:

whistle while he's tuning his mandolin.

unfortunately, it's really hard to whistle while I'm laughing, so there's negative feedback on the effect.

lena_chita

Mar 21, 2013, 3:06 PM
Post #98710 of 105309 (4640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Speaking of douches, you know how periodically someone posts about trying to do some training, 4x4s, laps, etc., in a crowded gym, and people who get in the way?

Well, I have never run into douches that way, until last week. We purposefully waited until late in the evening, so the bouldering area would be empty, and sure enough, around 9p.m. it emptied out, not a single person in the section where we wanted to do 4x4s. So we went there, started 4x4s. On the very last round, a guy walks in as Ed is climbing, rental shoes, harness and all, and starts pulling the mat from under Ed. I am like, hey, wait a sec, he is climbing. So he stops, looks up, like he just noticed, glares at me sullenly, but waits. Ed jumps down and starts his last problem. And the guy gets on a problem right underneath him! While Ed is obviously struggling and looking like he will come off any second, but the guy is obviously not familiar with the effects of gravity and never experienced what happens when something falls on top of him. So I tell the guy, it's Ed's last problem, we'll be done in couple minutes. And the guy looks at me and says-- well, I already waited when he did ONE problem. It is my turn now!

Seriously? When the entire bouldering bay is empty and you have a choice of at least 3 walls, you would get on the one where someone is climbing, and won't even wait a minute?

Also, I was reminded of Kerzhner's blog post the other night. A guy wanders into the new bouldering cave as I am climbing, and is standing in the middle of the floor. Just standing there gawking. I fall off the top of the overhanging wall and land next to him. He glares and me and says, hey watch were you are going! Right... because if you stand underneath someone when they fall, it is THEIR fault that they fell on you. So rude of me, to fall right where he is standing!

Partner camhead

Mar 21, 2013, 3:12 PM
Post #98711 of 105309 (4637 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
Speaking of douches, you know how periodically someone posts about trying to do some training, 4x4s, laps, etc., in a crowded gym, and people who get in the way?

Well, I have never run into douches that way, until last week. We purposefully waited until late in the evening, so the bouldering area would be empty, and sure enough, around 9p.m. it emptied out, not a single person in the section where we wanted to do 4x4s. So we went there, started 4x4s. On the very last round, a guy walks in as Ed is climbing, rental shoes, harness and all, and starts pulling the mat from under Ed. I am like, hey, wait a sec, he is climbing. So he stops, looks up, like he just noticed, glares at me sullenly, but waits. Ed jumps down and starts his last problem. And the guy gets on a problem right underneath him! While Ed is obviously struggling and looking like he will come off any second, but the guy is obviously not familiar with the effects of gravity and never experienced what happens when something falls on top of him. So I tell the guy, it's Ed's last problem, we'll be done in couple minutes. And the guy looks at me and says-- well, I already waited when he did ONE problem. It is my turn now!

Seriously? When the entire bouldering bay is empty and you have a choice of at least 3 walls, you would get on the one where someone is climbing, and won't even wait a minute?

Also, I was reminded of Kerzhner's blog post the other night. A guy wanders into the new bouldering cave as I am climbing, and is standing in the middle of the floor. Just standing there gawking. I fall off the top of the overhanging wall and land next to him. He glares and me and says, hey watch were you are going! Right... because if you stand underneath someone when they fall, it is THEIR fault that they fell on you. So rude of me, to fall right where he is standing!

Gawd, I love climbing at a non-commercial gym.

Not to say that problems like that don't occur, only that when I step in to tell noobs not to grease up the hangbored or stand in the middle of the 70 degree wall, they are cool about it.

lena_chita

Mar 21, 2013, 3:56 PM
Post #98712 of 105309 (4629 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Not to say that problems like that don't occur, only that when I step in to tell noobs not to grease up the hangbored or stand in the middle of the 70 degree wall, they are cool about it.

Most people are, in a commercial gym, too. But I think it is just the issue of numbers. Douches make a small percentage of people (I believe), so if you have a lot of new people showing up all the time, the chances of running into them go up.

caughtinside

Mar 21, 2013, 4:03 PM
Post #98713 of 105309 (4627 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:

I visited the new bouldering gym in SF last night and it is pretty damn sik. I think it's bigger than Snupe's home gym, the climbing walls top at 16' and you don't need ropes. Super cushy gymnastic poofy floor too.

Pretty fun arch feature in the middle that's long but 10' off the ground, they had long routes going through and out it.

Oh yes, the crowd seemed pretty courteous too.

granite_grrl

Mar 21, 2013, 4:38 PM
Post #98714 of 105309 (4619 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:

I was talking about this kind of thing with my friend John. You take some place like the Red, there are 5.12s that are just as busy as the 5.10s down there, but the difference is that the 5.12 climbers are usually far more with it than the gumby crowds.

Partner camhead

Mar 21, 2013, 4:52 PM
Post #98715 of 105309 (4612 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

I was talking about this kind of thing with my friend John. You take some place like the Red, there are 5.12s that are just as busy as the 5.10s down there, but the difference is that the 5.12 climbers are usually far more with it than the gumby crowds.

I guess it's all relative. The 5.12 crowds at the Red seem to be mostly gumbies to me; much more so than 5.12 crowds at the New, or Smith, or the Creek.

snoopy138

Mar 21, 2013, 5:08 PM
Post #98716 of 105309 (4603 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:

Really, Military had a high douche factor? Inconceivable!

snoopy138

Mar 21, 2013, 5:10 PM
Post #98717 of 105309 (4602 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Most people are, in a commercial gym, too. But I think it is just the issue of numbers. Douches make a small percentage of people (I believe)

yore beliefs are RONG.

Partner camhead

Mar 21, 2013, 5:24 PM
Post #98718 of 105309 (4595 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Most people are, in a commercial gym, too. But I think it is just the issue of numbers. Douches make a small percentage of people (I believe)

yore beliefs are RONG.

I duntz disagree, but seeing as how you have spent your life in Socack, the Lone Star State and the Garden State, your samples may be a bit skewed toward outright douchitude.

lena_chita

Mar 21, 2013, 5:36 PM
Post #98719 of 105309 (4590 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

yore beliefs are RONG.

I duntz disagree, but seeing as how you have spent your life in Socack, the Lone Star State and the Garden State, your samples may be a bit skewed toward outright douchitude.

There is also the issue of like attracting like. You know how camhead seems to have a problem with certain kind of people who fly to Vegas? Yeah, you too.

carabiner96

Mar 21, 2013, 6:34 PM
Post #98720 of 105309 (4580 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, carp. During the house inspection the inspector found that the previous tennant has gotten a little too creative with some DIY electrical and a whole bunch of stuff needs re doing. No problem, we think, that's pretty standard things to list on what the seller needs to fix before we close.

We got a quote today on the work that needs doing and it was $8k! Including completely re doing the box and the connection from the street! Our realtor is nervous that may be a deal breaker, which I don't know why this guy wouldn't fix it since now that he knows about it he'll have to fix it or disclose it to any future sellers- and I'm sorry, but for a house that already needs a bunch of work, I'm not paying for it myself, nor would any other sane buyer. And now that its on the inspection report I doubt it will pass appraisal until its fixed.

Here's hoping we either got high balked on the estimate or the seller will just sack up and fix it.

lena_chita

Mar 21, 2013, 6:41 PM
Post #98721 of 105309 (4577 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Well, carp. During the house inspection the inspector found that the previous tennant has gotten a little too creative with some DIY electrical and a whole bunch of stuff needs re doing. No problem, we think, that's pretty standard things to list on what the seller needs to fix before we close.

We got a quote today on the work that needs doing and it was $8k! Including completely re doing the box and the connection from the street! Our realtor is nervous that may be a deal breaker, which I don't know why this guy wouldn't fix it since now that he knows about it he'll have to fix it or disclose it to any future sellers- and I'm sorry, but for a house that already needs a bunch of work, I'm not paying for it myself, nor would any other sane buyer. And now that its on the inspection report I doubt it will pass appraisal until its fixed.

Here's hoping we either got high balked on the estimate or the seller will just sack up and fix it.

Carp!

Thing is though, he probably needs to do a lot less than the work quote you got, just to bring it up to "code", which is not at all the same thing as what needs to be spent to get it RIGHT!

carabiner96

Mar 21, 2013, 6:51 PM
Post #98722 of 105309 (4574 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

Carp!

Thing is though, he probably needs to do a lot less than the work quote you got, just to bring it up to "code", which is not at all the same thing as what needs to be spent to get it RIGHT!
That's what in hoping, I bet 'our' electrician went in there thinking he had carte blanche since it wasn't our money we were spending, it was the sellers.

dr_feelgood

Mar 22, 2013, 2:39 AM
Post #98723 of 105309 (4535 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Most people are, in a commercial gym, too. But I think it is just the issue of numbers. Douches make a small percentage of people (I believe), so if you have a lot of new people showing up all the time, the chances of running into them go up.
I disagree. Douches make up a large portion of the population... And sometimes, they even go to climbing gyms.

dr_feelgood

Mar 22, 2013, 2:39 AM
Post #98724 of 105309 (4535 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

cut back on the coffee

that is all
I only needed one turd break during the exam. Don't know how I did yet, but whatevs...

Partner macherry

Mar 22, 2013, 2:58 AM
Post #98725 of 105309 (4527 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
macherry wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

cut back on the coffee

that is all
I only needed one turd break during the exam. Don't know how I did yet, but whatevs...

well done.

i'm sure you aced it

First page Previous page 1 ... 3945 3946 3947 3948 3949 3950 3951 3952 3953 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook